[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't conservatives understand the greenhouse effect?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 59

File: giss-avg.png (30KB, 1500x600px) Image search: [Google]
giss-avg.png
30KB, 1500x600px
Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

>Hi, do you believe in climate change?
>No, there's no way that humans are making it hotter the earth already goes through natural heating and cooling cycles!
>That's true but the greenhouse effect doesn't just add heat, it traps heat in the atmosphere by not allowing heat to dissipa-
>NOT MAN MADE! NOT MUH CLIMATE!
>but global heat levels are steadily rising and correlates to humanity using more natural gas. Sea leveling are rising, Arctic ice is melting at an unprecede-
>BUT IT SNOWED IN X STATE
>You're confusing climateand weather. Increases global temperatures can cause extreme weather patterns across the globe. Having snow in unusual places further confirms climate change theory.

At this point they're almost always end up with ad hom attacks and try to change topic. What makes this happen?
>>
>>133110321
That's what happens when people think science is "fake".
>>
>>133110321
It's not that I don't understand. It's that I just don't care.
>>
>>133110321
well maybe because you are braindead shill
>>
>>133110444
more like religion and we should thank liberal fanatics
>>
>>133110640
>I'm not dumb i just don't care about destroying my own environment
That's called being stupid
>>
>>133110640
What an idiotic response. As if you didn't whine about liberals being worried about it on a daily basis.
>>133110730
>>133110802
Are you too stupid to see the difference between the scientific method and taking things on faith alone? Did you even graduate highschool?
>>
But I don't think climate change is a matter of belief or disbelief. It's a real phenomena and we should be aware of it and try to curb it. That said, the United States can only do so much to prevent these changes on it's own. If the UN would impose and somehow have a way of enforcing the changes necessary to make a difference than I would be completely on board with it. As it stands however, forcing the changes on Americans without a guarantee that other nations will be held to the same standards, with real consequences, puts the United States at an economic disadvantage we can not handle at the moment.

That said, I'm all for research into alternative energies. It would be great if some of the spending on things like welfare were diverted toward new green research. If we could find a way to both remain competitive on the world stage, and do our part for the environment that would be ideal.
>>
>>133110321
Go protest a volcano, retard.
>>
>>133111340
As it stands however, forcing the changes on Americans without a guarantee that other nations will be held to the same standards, with real consequences, puts the United States at an economic disadvantage we can not handle at the moment.
You don't think becoming a world leader in renewable resources might alleviate economic disparity? Because if we continue to avoid tackling climate change, another country will take that role.
>>
>>133110321
it's raining and cold in the summer
i sure could use some of that global warming those liberals are so excited about
>>
>>133110321
libshits don't understand the Sun is a volatile nuclear explosion in the sky not a thermostat you can set. When you can't get that basic premise across, or the fact that the Earth has gone through dramatic shifts in temperature far before humans ever roamed. I'm not saying we should pollute the environment, and should do our best to leave 'zero impact'. But back to the original point. who cares about these lunatics? They should be ostracized from society. They need to start being shamed for how dangerously stupid their thought processes are.
>muh Russia
>>
>>133111858
Becoming a world leader in alternative energy might actually work against us short term. We've built the petrodollar, it runs the world. A sudden shift in economic power like that would likely send us to war, or send other countries to war as their economies destabilize and they're forced to do something. I'm not a globalist by any means, but the whole would be better off if they worked together to improve the technology's efficiency and implemented the infrastructure needed to support it at a steady even pace throughout the superpowers. I'd prefer not to go to all out war with russia and china because our new super efficient solar farms have removed us completely from the petro system and thrown their economies out of whack.
>>
>>133112057
>libshits don't understand the Sun is a volatile nuclear explosion in the sky not a thermostat you can set. When you can't get that basic premise across, or the fact that the Earth has gone through dramatic shifts in temperature far before humans ever roamed.
Your argument is that because the sun is a nuclear furnace we can't predict how it affects earth?

Can we not observe and derive patterns from it, like every other fucking science? What do you think data is? How can you be this moronic.
>>
>>133112703
>work against us short term
Why bother about the long term when the short term is all that matters amirite? You must be a politiconomical supergenius, predicting everything that could possibly happen with such accuracy.
>>
File: 1491379291555.png (748KB, 2036x3242px) Image search: [Google]
1491379291555.png
748KB, 2036x3242px
>>133110321
((1 post by this ID))

the truth is that
>feedback effects from increased CO2 are not well understood
>computer climate models have all greatly overpredicted warming. take any currently popular model and I guarantee in 20 years it will have completely overshot
>the end steady state for climate, if there is one, is not known
>it's not clear that a warmer climate is necessarily even a problem, the net effect could well be positive (e.g. increased rainfall in areas that are currently not arable)
>the cost of halting CO2 increase may be far greater than the cost of simply dealing with any potential effects (e.g. evacuating a few pacific islands)
>>
>>133112950
The short term is how the leadership is going to think no matter who is in charge because choosing our leadership is nothing but a popularity contest. Looking at it from any other perspective is pointless unless you have some way of suddenly replacing every member of the government with people who think and feel exactly as you do.
>>
>>133110321
The problem is liberals make it sound like we'll all be extinct in the next 10 years if we don't immediately start doing something, which is bs.
>>
>>133113194
You state this like a fact, but it's not. This is your theory, your idea of how things work. Can you not consider that you could be incorrect?
>>
>>133110321
Let's be real, a lot of people on each side a really fucking stupid. Then the rest are capable but unwilling to evaluate the scientific minutiae. Most people right or left just embrace one side and talk past other.
>>
>>133110321

FUck off with your lust for carbon taxing.
>>
>>133110321
>liberal can't understand different viewpoint
>starts calling anybody that disagrees anti science
>other person finally calls you a cunt
>ad hominem ad hominem

Apparently you've never talked to a leftard.
>>
>>133110321

Oh look you wrote down your arguments with strawmen in green text. Very cute that mr.imaginary man wasn't able to tell you that correlation is not causation, too bad!

Meanwhile, what are your thoughts on the author of the original hockey stick graph being held in contempt of court last week for refusing to turn over his climate data by a judge?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/scientist-michael-mann-commits-contempt-court-climate-science-trial-century/

And while I have you here, how about climate gate? a few thousand emails between climate scientists at the ipcc leaked and they were caught discussing how to hide their data from FOIA requests, discussing how to use "mikes trick" to distort interpretation of the data, and generally behaving unscientifically to protect their jobs?

There's just no reason to be concerned about any of that, and we should swallow everything they dole out right?
>>
>>133110321
Fine on everything else but if you actually believe the arctic melt will cause significant sea level rises then you're an idiot. That's genuine scaremongering.
>>
>>133110321
Correlation is not causation! Says the libtard (except when it suits them).
>>
>>133113508
This
>>
>>133110880
It's not stupid, retard. It's a choice. Stupid is believing propaganda, like muh global warming, errrrr, muh climate change.
>>
>>133113308

Just like gravity is theory.

[spoiler]^:)[/spoiler]
>>
>>133111858
Oh no another country will be le climade chang leader!

And the US will profit from it.
>>
>>133113787
I throw ball up in air, it comes down. Clear cause and effect. Remember, correlation isn't causation. :^)
>>
Even if man made climate change was real, the estimates by the australian government show that eve lowering the temperature by a half to 1 degree would require ridiculous amounts of money to the point where it's just impossible to do.

In short, even if it was real, it's unstoppable, there is nothing that can be done.
>>
>>133110321
CO2 is by far the weakest greenhouse gas and has already reached 75% of its 2°C temperature saturation point.
Meanwhile we build more oil and coal power plants because not one leftard understands nuclear and is afraid that power plants that can't meltdown blowup.
>>
>>133110321
>chemist discovers CO2 reacts to UV light decades ago
>Environmental scientist hippies take a giant leap saying that CO2 leads to global warming
There are other greenhouse gases that aren't man made, or that are also made by other animals
I'm not a "denialist" but go fuck yourself
>>
>>133110321
lol you can see where WW2 increased the temperature. 2 nukes ought to heat things up a bit
>>
File: 1491539621859.jpg (9KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1491539621859.jpg
9KB, 238x192px
>>133113042

>southern Brazil
>São Paulo

I'm guessing all these other comparisons really are quite reliable.
>>
>>133110321
Fuck you agenda 21 pushing NWO cunt. Let the niggers drown in oceans that have risen 6 million meters above their current level, I don't give a fuck, white man will adapt.
>>
Why don't liberals understand chromosomes or evolution?
>>
>>133110321

because the question is always framed as 'do you believe' - belief is irrelevant to science

asking ignorant people their opinion on technical topics beyond their level of education is no way to run a country
>>
>>133110321
>Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.
No libtard I've spoken with can come up with a single scientist who is willing to state on record just how much of the current warming trend is definitely attributable to human activity and how much is natural.
When you can definitively tell me what percentage of the warming trend is human in origin then we can talk about punitive measures (carbon taxes) to lower outputs.
>>
>>133110321
Ignoring obsequious attitude, the reason is basically that it's not credible, persuasive or "settled".

Most "models" involve extreme assumption and complexity of variables which aren't barely understood, then fed through long term economic models, which have never been correct and nobody should EVER believe in.

Sure, climate change exists - the medieval warm period, little ice age, various ice ages and climatological changes through out history - but there's one question that evades all climate change scientists, believers, and "science" popularizers like Nye and De Grasse Tyson;

How much, exactly, is down to human activity?
>>
Probably because eventually much science becomes so complicated that you can no longer account for or control variables or prove anything through experimentation and you ultimately fall back to correlation=causation.

Even if you bought global warming hook, line and sinker you'd still need to argue that the suggested actions will actually do anything worthwhile. Would the same trends happen with or without people existing? How much emission would need to be cut to actually fix the problem, or is it simply buying time and how much? Valid scientific study has been hijacked by political agenda to the point where it's indistinguishable from religion. "You're on your way to hell, but if you do what I want then you can trust that everything will work out alright."
>>
>>133110321
Every Liberal I talk to just doesn't understand Eugenics.
Maybe we do understand climate change but We still think mass immigration will fuck us first.
>>
>>133110321
People do, but what the fuck can we do to fix it? The Paris accords? They're a bad joke dumping billions of dollars into a promise of developing nations to just not increase their emissions and China even promising to INCREASE their coal industry. Even if liberals understand it they don't do shit to fix the fucking problem. They don't want to invest in nuclear power, they don't realize that in order to protect the climate it must be a global effort and they don't want to actually call out other countries for doing far worse to the climate than the US. Just because a group goes around screeching autistically about a problem doesn't mean they actually have half a fucking clue to fixing it.
>>
>>133110321
>it took 200 years for the world to warm up by 1 degree Celcius
This is why liberals are all retarded.
While they are out there hugging tree, the people who can actually make a difference are all working inside laboratories.

200 more years and we would have strip-mined the planet to make spaceship to jump to 1000 other Earth-like planets around the galaxy.
>>
File: 1496240317274.png (68KB, 620x476px) Image search: [Google]
1496240317274.png
68KB, 620x476px
>>133110321
Ever hear the story of the boy who cried wolf?
>>
We need civilization to end in a massive calamity
>>
>>133113561

Oh look another climate alarmist wants to ignore and avoid the fact that climate scientists are constantly being caught lying and hiding data. Imagine my shock
>>
File: bill-nye-dancer.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bill-nye-dancer.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>133111038
science is a religion
>>
>>133110640
my man
>>
File: 20170710_175805.png (383KB, 1434x1947px) Image search: [Google]
20170710_175805.png
383KB, 1434x1947px
>>133110321
>>
>>133110321
>Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

We understand it just fine. We simply want you to burn. Preferably in an oven. But Earth will do in a pinch.
>>
File: 1483386104781.png (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1483386104781.png
53KB, 625x626px
>>133110321
1 post by this ID.

If everyone just stopped responding to threads with 1 post IDs we could clean this place up immensely.
>>
>>133110321
>>Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

the 'greenhouse effect' has been proven false
the assumption that greenhouse gases warm the atmosphere by trapping heat – is wrong.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/New-Insights-on-the-Physical-Nature-of-the-Atmospheric-Greenhouse-Effect-Deduced-from-an-Empirical-Planetary-Temperature-Model.pdf
>>
>>133110321
Why don't liberals understand the nigger problem?
Every liberal I talk to just doesn't understand that niggers are criminals.

>Hi, do you believe in segregation?
>No, there's no way you can be separate but equal!
>That's true, but niggers have criminal tendencies and didn't evolve to be in society. They are clearly sub-
>INSTITUTIONAL OPPRESSION! MUH GHETTOS!
>But nignogs murder in vastly higher proportions than whites, have lower IQs on average, and interracial societies generally do poorly comp-
>BUT BARACK OBAMA GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE AND BECAME THE PRESIDENT!
>You're confusing racism with race realism. Most of these traits are a spectrum, not discrete, meaning they follow standard distribution. Having a handful of smart niggers further confirms the data that supports niggers being subhuman.

At this point they almost always end with ad hominem attacks and try to change the topic. What makes this happen?
>>
>>133117431
Can you provide a source for that?
>>
>>133118472
Make this a pasta
>>
File: 1398128441813.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1398128441813.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>133110321
>Hi, do you believe in climate change?
This is retarded.
>>
>>133110321
well in my case I understand this effect but the models have predicted inaccurately for the last two decades the increase in runaway warming effects caused by a feedback loop that is critical in the global warming arguement.
>>
>>133110321
I wouldnt care about "muh climate change" when China and India alone are responsible for 50% of emissions worldwide
>>
>>133110321

Well, the fact of the matter is both sides are kind of right but won't acknowledge it.

Heating and cooling of the earth has demonstrably happened before we wuz kangz, but the industrial revolutions around the world, plus the fact there are 7 billion people on the planet, has sped this process up. To say climate change is solely caused by humans is moronic, but to flat out deny any human involvement is equally retarded
>>
>>133119066
It already is.
Look:

Why don't liberals understand the nigger problem?
Every liberal I talk to just doesn't understand that niggers are criminals.

>Hi, do you believe in segregation?
>No, there's no way you can be separate but equal!
>That's true, but niggers have criminal tendencies and didn't evolve to be in society. They are clearly sub-
>INSTITUTIONAL OPPRESSION! MUH GHETTOS!
>But nignogs murder in vastly higher proportions than whites, have lower IQs on average, and interracial societies generally do poorly comp-
>BUT BARACK OBAMA GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE AND BECAME THE PRESIDENT!
>You're confusing racism with race realism. Most of these traits are a spectrum, not discrete, meaning they follow standard distribution. Having a handful of smart niggers further confirms the data that supports niggers being subhuman.

At this point they almost always end with ad hominem attacks and try to change the topic. What makes this happen?
>>
>>133119272
This. Humans at most account for half of the minuscule change in temperature. Most likely a lot less.
>>
>>133110321
>on the verge of entering a mini ice age
>stop warming the Earth!
no
>>
>>133110321
What are we comparing those 1C and 0.5C temps to? 100 years? How do we know that 100 years are even relevant when the earth is billion years old?
>>
>>133110321
Falling back on the "extreme weather patterns" argument is just another goalpost moving tactic by the left. Just how they changed from "global warming" to "climate change" back in the 90s.

OP I recommend you read The Corruption of Climate Science by Tim Ball for further edification.
>>
>>133117651
You need to relax a bit and spend less time on this fuming turd of a board.
>>
File: IMG_0402.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
Does "caring about the environment" give you the warm fuzzies? AGW is an incredibly transparent, fraudulent hoax. Go be stupid at reddit.
>>
>>133119595
If you hate it, gtfo
>>
>>133110321
1 post by this ID you faggots. Sage
>>
File: libtards.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
libtards.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
>>
>>133110321
>>the earth already goes through natural heating and cooling cycles!
>you call them denier
>you are too stupid to know the meanings of the words you use
"denier" is a propaganda term, it's the flag that tells me you're a cultist and not a scientist, that you're an emotional wreck with a weak mind, not someone who can think reasonably or rationally.
now gtfo out of here, faggot, we aren't interested in your snake oil religion.
>>
>>133110321
you know how everyone in pol says "military officials" and then laughs at the fake news?
they buy the same thing hook line and sinker when its climatealogical cassandras.

force any polfag who doesn't understand climate change to sit through this redpill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1
>>
File: planetcycles.jpg (39KB, 777x226px) Image search: [Google]
planetcycles.jpg
39KB, 777x226px
>>133120092
>>
>>133110321
The climate on earth changes often, and a lot, and it might be a problem. Idon't buy it because the (((science))) is sketchy at best, and the (((scientists))) happen to be known dirty fire-pantsed liars. Let's take the naive route on that one though and suppose that climate change is something we must fix right the fuck now. You know what historically has never fixed anything ever? Regulation. See...you want to give government the responsibility, and thus the power, to control the weather....Nigga is you daft?
You want the federal government, who cant sort out BASIC SUPPLY CHAIN CHALLENGES DURING A RAIN STORM (fema) to control the weather? The fuck is wrong witchu nigga?
Nah fuck that, imma slap the shit outchu if you come at me with that triflin ass global warming bullshit.
>>
>>133111340
If humans were around 65 million years ago I'd bet you'd be donating money to the save the dinosaurs campaign. The hubris of man never fails to amaze me, thinking we can control something as grand in scale as the constantly changing atmosphere of a massive 4.5 billionaire n year old rock. Climate isn't static you moron, it changes on its own. Christ, even land masses change. Ever heard of Pangea? Or did you skip that class for gender oppression studies?
>>
>>133120348
>durrr
see >>133120246
>>133120306
see >>133120246
>>
>>133110321
>implying I care what happens to this piece of shit planet once I'm dead

>1 post by this user
It's another one of these threads, don't forget your sages
>>
>>133110321
Look mate, climate change is a lot like getting fat. You get fat(manufacturing, industrialized economu), doctors prescribe diet pills(green energy) which doesn't do crap, you keep telling it it's ok it happens and you only start to change when heart disease comes knocking around. You ain't gonna accomplish shit raising awareness, fat people know the implications but that doesn't stop them from shoving food down their throat. People aren't going to give up their comforts until the threat is greater than them, just sit and watch
>>
>>133118946
even if he cant there is evidence for green effects strongly from climate change, but the problem about climate change is severe weather like hurrricanes and droubts, and these will harm the plants and ecologies.
>>
File: 1499448955350.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1499448955350.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>133110880

This is why so many moderates don't give a Fuck about climate change.

All anons review how he responded, this is why a majority of moderates and right leaning individuals so not take climate change as serious and bleeding heart liberals and the media.

You don't just call someone stupid because they don't accept climate change as "BELIEVE OR YOU HATE SCIENCE AND WANT TO KILL US ALL"

You over reactionary faggots can link all the studies and theories you 2any but so far NONE of the predictions and "resolutions" has been able to come up with a realistic economic model to further cement their findings. On top of that you have people like me who believe their is climate change but there is NOTHING we can do and anything we do will not make a lock of difference. I believe pollution is from him and is part of climate change and we are affecting stuff like ecosystems. But you faggot millenials have been brainwashed to blindly accept the Climate Change THEORIES as facts.

Fun fact: moderates don't even put climate change in their top 5 issues.

But keep telling people who don't believe your version of climate change are idiots. You morons don't realize it just pushed more moderates away when you can't even accept there is a open argument here. Shutting the argument down is why Hillary and the smug liberals lost. People are sick of not being given a voice and this voting against it immediately cause of idiots like you anon.

Go Fuck yourself.
>>
>>133112775
but we have. they're called sun cycles you fucking moron. never said it was unpredictable. way to be, though.
>>
>>133118946
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/co2-is-making-earth-greenerfor-now/

For now goym
>>
File: ClimateChange.png (5KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
ClimateChange.png
5KB, 231x218px
>>133120407
Stupid dumb newfag scum, clearly you don't understand funposting.
CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL YOU GUYZ, WHY ELSE WOULD THE POOL BE CLOSED
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-184922.jpg (34KB, 1313x102px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-184922.jpg
34KB, 1313x102px
>>133118946
>>
CO2 absorption of plants increases exponentially with increasing temperatures. Why is this never discussed?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-185833.jpg (399KB, 1304x931px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-185833.jpg
399KB, 1304x931px
>>133118946
>>
>>133110640
> "Guys, guys the Earth is warming and we have to stop it!"
> "Oh yeah by the way we're already fucked and climate change is irreversible now."
> "But we still have to stop it!"

I feel you man, if we're already too far gone then what's the point?
>>
>>133110321
>heh, let me tell you about a conversation that never happened
Please neck yourself
>>
>>133122375
Because it doesn't matter?
We can observe the total CO2 in the atmosphere and it keeps rising. Therefore, the earth will keep warming.
Plants cannot absorb enough CO2 to prevent this.

The Amazon is already failing as a Carbon Sink

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v519/n7543/full/nature14283.html

We have to stop burning fossil fuels and we have to do it quickly. There is no debate here, unless you also think fossil fuels are infinite resources.

>>133121829
>>133121829
>>133122680
hmmmm so Scientific papers are good sources when they agree with your point?

Interesting how this paper isn't a hoax.

Besides, the planet greening doesn't fucking matter. Because again CO2 is still rising and the planet is still warming.

Increased CO2 also acidifies the ocean, destroying marine ecosystems. Are a few extra trees worth the life in the oceans? I don't think so. The planet was green enough before fossil fuels.
>>
>>133111760
This

Fucking tards worship at the altar of al gore.
>>
>>133110321
Why don't libtards understand "Nature"?
>>
>>133112057
Its electrical not nuclear. Stop being retarded
>>
>>133120800
This. I literally have a PhD in geosciences and get called stupid by some faggot who hasn't finished his soc degree because I don't think we're all gonna die in five years from climate change.
>>
>>133123323
You are an idiot.
Oh, and the (((governments))) and (((organizations))) you blindly listen to regarding muh climate change are the ones preventing actual viable alternative energy sources from taking hold. I'm not going to provide sources, just lurk moar.
>>
Our reliance on fossil fuel is too great. Millions of lives would be lost without it and developing countries would become stagnant. We will eventually reduce our need for fossil fuel, but right now we can't go without it
>>
File: 1485380728963.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485380728963.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>133110321
All I would need to see is scientists provide quantifiable data that proves the extent of anthropological effect on climate change.

You can't because it doesn't exist.

Until then it is a scam.
>>
>>133110321
>Increases global temperatures can cause extreme weather patterns across the globe. Having snow in unusual places further confirms climate change theory.
So trapping "greenhouse gases" makes some places colder and others warmer? How do you get one effect on a climate in one area, then an opposite effect a few latitude lines higher? Increasing temps might slightly affect the formation of storms or desiccation of land in desert-like areas, but it would also cause the melting of some permafrost areas and exposure of land in the north of Canada and Russia that was not previously usable. If you get temp increase, you don't get random temp decrease/snow in areas that haven't seen snow before.
This is also an affect that would arise from the natural temp cycles of the earth as affected by the sun, and not necessarily because we released some more CO2 (that algae/plants need anyway).

>>133112775
>Your argument is that because the sun is a nuclear furnace we can't predict how it affects earth?
The point is that the sun's affect on earth is much much bigger than anything we've done with our industry in terms of temperature. However, we can avoid pouring chemicals and trash into the environment that are toxic to ourselves and other life. Regulations should be about trash and poisons, not about the earth's temp.
>>
>>133123323
Live on a green planet, without CO2. Pick only one, you fucking retard. And please provide one factual, proven and verifiable data supporting your bullshit theory about CO2 driving up the T. Or provide one example of a computer model prediction that didn't turn out to be completely and horribly wrong. I'll be waiting.
>>
File: 1497379728524.png (647KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497379728524.png
647KB, 800x800px
>>133123830

Liberals don't get common sense they only speak in smug talk this is why they are going to keep losing and fail to address their party issues.

But Fucking ridiculous cause I can't even have this discussion with my friends because they are so Damn brainwashed from the schools and such. I'm still technically a millenial at 25 but I don't act like the newer millenials born in the late 90s. They act like climate change is fact when any body with half a brain knows that not every scientist believes climate change is the biggest Fucking issue on the planet.
>>
>>133124539
This

Also the US dollar depends on countries trading the USD for oil. The petroleum industry is the only thing keeping this country afloat
>>
>>133120357
I mean, yeah, we can change things. Look at the smog in fucking China, that's comparable to a volcanic eruption in terms of air pollution, and that was one city.
If you think that 7 billion people all contributing in the same way can't affect the Earth, then you don't understand the scale of humanity.
>>
>>133110321
Climate change is harmless. All carbon we use once existed in the atmosphere. We are oxygen starved compared to earlier times. Each extinction event and each ice age has buried almost all of our available carbon. If it weren't for humans extracting and using carbon all life would eventually suffocate from lack of oxygen and the ice ages would eventually turn our planet into a snowball.
>>
I don't give a shit. My country is actually getting colder, not warmer. Only the Northern Hemisphere is getting fucked.
>>
>>133110321
None of what you said is actually happening. Ive looked at the studies and data. Arctic sea ice is retreating in some places and advancing in others. Sea level isnt really rising much, global temperature doesnt exist and we only have reliable data going back a few decades. Even then the data is often spotty. One study I read examined many temperature stations in urban areas and found the data from them wasnt adjusted for the urban heat island effect (concrete and asphalt trap heat causing artificial localized heating) and this skewed data was reported by NASA and other agencies showing non existant heating.

All temperature and climate model predictions have not come to pass. The empirical data we have today shows that the hypothesis is wrong.
>>
>>133124433
>I'm not going to tell you the reason why my argument is correct, it just is.
Jesus Christ, that isn't how you win arguments.
>>
ITT: people who got their science education from Trump University
>>
>>133117374
The shit this guy does is indeed a religion. Science however is not.
>>
>>133111858
No it wont because so far all thats happened is morons like you elected Obama who sunk billions of tax payer dollars into solyndra to make solar panels, which then went bankrupt.
>>
File: climategate corruption.png (379KB, 685x2637px) Image search: [Google]
climategate corruption.png
379KB, 685x2637px
>>133126050
>he doesn't know about climategate
lulz

climate scientists are a bunch of corrupt fucks that only want grant money
>>
>>133126132
Hey I'm not doubting that there are certain scientist pushing certain studies and censoring others because they have certain things to gain from doing so. Like for example the studies that big pharma companies fund for their mental disorder drugs. Doesn't mean science as a whole is a religion. Also half of these are about some "cooling" which isn't actually happening.
>>
>>133125918
I'm not trying to win an argument, I'm telling this faggot to lurk moar. Or more importantly the people who might believe the climate religion faggots ITT. I have better things to do than to post the same shit that's been posted here hundreds of times.
>>
Why don't liberals I talk to believe in the carbon cycle?

>Hi do you believe in the carbon cycle?
>No, there's no way increased CO2 concentrations are reduced by increased photosynthesis from primary producers
>That's true but the carbon cycle doesn't just add biomass, it also reduces CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere by-
>NOT POSSIBLE! BURNING FOSSIL FUELS CREATES AN APOCALYPTIC POSITIVE FEEDBACK CYCLE!
>But controlled experiments have shown that phytoplankton, plants, and other autotrophs grow faster when in an environment with higher CO2 levels, thereby bringing CO2 levels back down to an equilibrium...
>CLIMATE CHANGE IS HAPPENING! 96% PERCENT CONSENSUS!
>Consensus isn't part of the scientific method. Science is the gathering of evidence based on observations. The best evidence is based on controlled experiments, which have shown that anthropocentric CO2 release is countered by negative feedback from proce...
>BUT IT WAS REALLY HOT LAST YEAR!
>Right, but that was due to a natural El Nino climate oscillation which has nothing to do with CO2 concentrations.

They're basically cultists who worship media dogma and refuse to follow the scientific method. Why is this?
>>
File: 1473805486454.jpg (406KB, 653x635px) Image search: [Google]
1473805486454.jpg
406KB, 653x635px
Give me 1 good reason I should care.
>world enters ice age
>all the people who live in an actual 1st world society invest in heating systems for their houses and underground greenhouses
>everyone in africa and the middle east die from cold and lack of food
>china and india get their population cut by like 75%
>I sit in my house completely surrounded by snow with a greenhouse in my basement and 3 years of canned food in my pantry
>work with neighbors to start working on underground passages so we can all be a happy neighborhood again and visit each other.
2comfy4u
>>
>>133110321
The idea is that it isn't significant. co2 is a weak greenhouse gas as compared to other atmospheric greenhouse gases. The amount of co2 in the atmosphere needs to double for every 2 degrees celsius in increased average atmospheric temperature. The "Temperature change is natural and has always happened," is a stupid argument, though, as that has nothing to do with whether humans can affect the climate.
>>
File: marcott2-13_11k-graph-610.gif (26KB, 610x347px) Image search: [Google]
marcott2-13_11k-graph-610.gif
26KB, 610x347px
>>133124547
>There is an observed link between CO2 levels and climate (more CO2 means higher temperatures)
>There is an observed link between humans and CO2 levels (more industry and fossil fuels means more CO2 in the atmosphere)
>Therefore there is a link between humans and climate
It isn't that hard to understand faggots
>>
>>133126498
>certain scientist
It's the heads of the most important British and American centers for research... you know, the ones the NASA cites on their website (so climate change alarmists can suck up to the credibility of the NASA that it has not for climate research but for entirely different reasons)
>>
>>133123052
>Guys the west is being destroyed!
>GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>133126525
The CO2 in the atmosphere is about 40% from anthropogenic sources. It's possible to determine how much of the gas is natural by looking at the ratios of carbon isotopes. So yea it is actually impossible for the CO2 to come from natural sources.
>>
>>133126680
The links are weak. More CO2 means more oxygen if there's enough flora, and more CO2 means more flora.
>>
>>133110321
Go back 15,000 years. What was the average global temperature? What was the sea level? Can you describe the Laurentide and Cordilleran ice sheets (size, cubic KM, water contained, etc)?

What caused the ice sheets to melt? What was the temperature change rate during that time? How long did it take them to melt? What was the sea rise rate? Was man pumping out CO2? Was that in the human time of existence?
>>
>>133126525
>They're basically cultists who worship media dogma and refuse to follow the scientific method. Why is this?
Short answer: Because jews.
Long answer: Because globalist kikes have a complete stranglehold on both the "climate science community" and the media (Europe too, not just here), and this is where these useful idiots get their daily dose of propaganda from.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (10KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
10KB, 230x219px
>>133125989
>>
>>133126680
correlation is not causation, Furthermore, the effect of co2 retaining heat goes down logarithmically the higher concentration gets.
>>
>>133126902
Every major change in temperature is well documented and explained (at least there are some good theories). Most of them happened because of a shift in Earth's orbit. At this point we are experiencing warming that isn't consistent with the Earth's axis' cycle.
>>
>>133110321
>Look at this chart that supposed to make you believe in global warming
>Does not even have the heat wave of the 1930s
>Does not even have the Cooling of the 1960s

Sad.
>>
>>133127317
>the effect of co2 retaining heat goes down logarithmically the higher concentration gets
Fact check: True

One of the biggest problems is that "climate scientists" are awful at mathematics. Most of the "deniers" that are scientists happen to be physicists, really makes you think.
>>
>>133123829
are you legitimately dumb? the energy of the sun comes from nuclear reactions
>>
File: IMG_0972.jpg (112KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972.jpg
112KB, 960x720px
>>
>>133129005
wtf i love emissions now
>>
>>133114465
>evolution
>conservative Christians
>>
>>133129005

This would be fine if we had a forest in every power plant's chimney, but we don't.
>>
>>133127375
So, you're going with the theory that a spinning sphere changing it's "tilt" while the actual path around the sun is relatively unchanged, will affect how much the overall temperature of that sphere is (not just regions)?
>>
>>133110321
I worked in a greenhouse so I think I understand it better than you do.
Also very strong strawman, you forgot the part where the imaginary guy sharts in mart.
>>
>>133129722
Explain then how it works
>>
>>133129617
what did he mean by this?

no really what did he mean by this because this is a dumb post and I cant decipher it
>>
>>133117431

Gonna need a source on that, Vlad.
>>
File: 1499336022352.jpg (59KB, 587x645px) Image search: [Google]
1499336022352.jpg
59KB, 587x645px
>>133129617
Yeah how's the trees supposed to get there the co2 is? And with deforestation, they'll all be gone eventually anyway, and we'll have to wait 100 years for more to grow, but by then, it will be too hot outside.
>>
File: wmnu7ss9up6z.jpg (68KB, 821x844px) Image search: [Google]
wmnu7ss9up6z.jpg
68KB, 821x844px
More heat
More C02
Greener Planet

Fuck Off

http://riggedit.com/category/videos/globalchange/

http://riggedit.com/category/videos/geo/

http://riggedit.com/category/videos/health/

http://riggedit.com/category/videos/pharma/
>>
1. I believe humans are fucking up the atmosphere and making it hotter

2. I'm one of the edgy faggots who genuinely hopes the resulting burning wasteland kills most of the population and maybe all of it and a few others, triggering a mass extinction event and finally naturally cleansing the earth of the pestilence that is humanity. In a few million years, a fraction of a second in the history of the earth, virtually all traces of humanity will be as dead as dinosaurs and fresh life will be taking over the planet.
>>
>>133130326
For fucks sake YOU AREN'T A FUCKING PLANT. HUMANS DID NOT EVOLVE TO LIVE IN AN ATMOSPHERE WITH 400PPM CO2

More CO2, and human cognition starts to slow
Enjoy staring drooling from your mouth at 'green plants' when the atmospheric CO2 levels render you even more retarded than you already are.
>>
>>133129820
Wavelength dependence of the absorption. Confining material lets some of them pass and reflects others.
Light at wavelength lambda1 is transmitted, is absorbed by whatever is inside, but the radiation form inside the cavity is at lambda 2 which is not transmitted.
That's what is called the greenhouse effect, even though it's not even the main thing happening in greenhouses (blocking convection currents has more effect than the so called greenhouse effect).
>>
>>133110321
>Greenhouse effect
>OP doesn't know plants devour carbon dioxide and water vapor

Seriously, environmentalism is a cult based on pseudoscience fairy tales.
>>
>>133130685
It's simple anon, everyone who becomes most retarded from CO2 will die, and voila, the remaining humans have evolved resistance
>>
File: Canada glacier.jpg (295KB, 700x658px) Image search: [Google]
Canada glacier.jpg
295KB, 700x658px
>>133110321
This is what the world used to look like

These ice sheets were quite literally miles thick. It's why the land up there is so flat, and why there are so many lakes
>>
>>133130685
It's out of my control. Talk to someone who can do something, oh wait.
>>
File: 12d6.jpg (6KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
12d6.jpg
6KB, 300x240px
you're all dumbass faggots
kys
>>
>>133130685
>CO2 ppm is currently around 400
>chart tardanon posts starts at 500, stating that as "green" which I assume is normal
>"Medium CO2" is twice that
wut
>>
>>133130404

Nah man, humanity is cool. By far the most intelligent animals that have ever existed on this planet, and possibly, in the whole universe. Sure, the humans have made, are making, and are yet to make, some mistakes, but fucking hell, they have the potential to do literally anything. Create worlds, destroy them, explore galaxies, teleport into parallel universes. I dunno, but if it's possible, the humans can do it. Because they are awesome.
>>
>>133110321
>y no understa-

Because Earth's atmosphere IS NOT a greenhouse you fucking moron.
>>
>>133131259
>transhumans can do it
fixed that for you
>>
>>133118472
>At this point they almost always end with ad hominem attacks and try to change the topic. What makes this happen?

That's just what people do when they are cornered and losing an argument. You'd need a neuroscientist to tell you exactly what's going on, but I suspect the 'reptilian brain' is kicking as they become convinced attack is their only hope for survival.
>>
>>133110321

saw this exact same copy pasta'd thread here 5 days ago. unironically off yourself shill faggot
>>
>>133130190
Enjoy reading, Ackhmed.
>>133121829
>>
>>133131279
B-but muh model...
>A farmer asks a physicist how to improve the breeding of chicken
>"I have a solution but it only works with spherical chickens in vacuum"
This is what the post-rehashed-by-journalists environmental science sounds to me.
>>
>>133110321
>what is Medieval Warm Period
Yeah, I bet they used natural gas too.
Oh wait.

Oh and a newsflash for you: the presence of polar ice caps means that we're in an ice age of sorts.
So there's literally nothing wrong with all that ice melting.

I live 130m above sea level so I dont give a fuck what happens to coastcucks.
>>
>>133131259
Cool story bro, maybe the next race to rule the earth will do all that and more without killing themselves unceremoniously
>>
>>133110880
It's called being a nihilist you fucking retard.
>>
>>133110321
Slide thread, please sage
>OP
>1 post by this id
>>
>>133131757
kinda sad people are so new that they don't know how to sage
>>
>>133131372

Yeah, maybe. But hey, from the perspective of a stone age man, someone wearing a smart watch and a pair of Nike Air Max is a transhuman.
>>
>>133131739

The humans aren't dead yet. Far from it. Waaay to early to count them out.
>>
Global warming may save humanity in the long run by counteracting effects of the next ice age approaching.
>>
>>133132027
No, because they are using technology to accessorize and enhance their own ability. They aren't reprogramming their own basic nature.

It's like the difference between plugging headphones into your computer, and totally rewriting the computer's programming, upgrading the hardware, adding more memory....etc
>>
>>133132301
>>
>>133110321
Scale your graph over 100,000 years so we can all laugh at you, idiot.
>>
>>133110321
conservatives seen Carbon taxes as a SCAM BIG LEAGUE.
If those globalist and other leftist would not have pushed a tax on energy we could have had a real debate.
A carbon tax would have been a purposeful attempt to kill millions upon millions of people and reduce the standard of living for generations to come because Growth compounds on itself.
And we know a certain group of people would have horded and laundered this money.
>>
>>133117374
More specifically, "settled science" is religion.
>>
>>133110321

Slide thread spotted. Sage all fields.
>>
>>133132301
>>133132389
Why do you think this is relevant information? Their argument is that we're making the earth less habitable, not that the earth has always been habitable.
>>
>>133132389
this doesn't look right. First of all, temperatures are rising right now, as we recently exited an ice age.
>>
>>133132328

Reprogramming your own basic nature is a form using technology to enhance your abilities, no?
>>
>>133132617

*form of...
>>
>>133132614
>polar ice caps
>exited ice age
No, not really.
>>
>>133132617
No. It's different. It's like the difference between a computer serving it's function, and a computer reprogramming itself to serve a different function.

once you have control over your own nature, there is no longer any limit to what you can become. You are now untethered
>>
File: agenda-21-objectives.jpg (44KB, 517x332px) Image search: [Google]
agenda-21-objectives.jpg
44KB, 517x332px
>>133132452
Environmentalism on a conscientious level is good.
Environmentalism on a globalist NWO level is bad.

They package tyranny in the form of "environmentalism" because it's easy to fool leftists. Slap a green label on the policy. See: the bullshit Paris Agreement that tried to pillage the United States. UN Agenda 21 of the past decades is one of the biggest vectors to globalist tyranny.
>>
>>133132935

But it's still just a case of using technology to enhance your abilities, Shirley.
>>
>>133133358
No it's not. If you can't see the difference based on what I've told you, I don't think you ever will.

Because "you" are not "you" anymore
>>
>>133132590
Only delusional shills don't want a larger context of weather changes.

>>133132614
Here's a close up.
>>
>>133110321
Understanding the greenhouse effect includes knowing that no model has been able to predict temperature changes or weather patterns. From an actual scientific standpoint, the theory of the Greenhouse effect has been proven false and only shills still worship it as an idol to their own climate change religion cling to it
>>
>>133110321
From the geological record we know that there have been five major ice ages on earth. Three occupied before multicellular life developed. The third was so severe that in basically turned the planet into Hoth. Each of the four previous ice ages lasted 100 million years apiece. The current ice age started just 2.5 million years ago. We are still in an interglacial period of the currently ongoing ice age. As long as there are polar ice caps and significant glaciation, we are still in danger of reverting to a glacial period.
>>
File: worthless thread guide.png (290KB, 1156x2031px) Image search: [Google]
worthless thread guide.png
290KB, 1156x2031px
>>
>>133110321
See>>133110640

It's basically the same thing as when leftists say 'lol who cares that whites are going to be a minority, you bigot'

Frankly, I think that the best possible thing to happen to this world would be a compromise, where the leftists allow some ethnonationalism, while the right-wingers deal with some hippie bullshit on top of energy initiatives.
But that won't happen, and we'll get the worst of both worlds--a raped planet and the decimation of whites.
>>
>>133110321
>Climate change is real which is why we need to open more bureaus and hire more government works and send more tax dollars into foreign countries and strip jobs from Americans because CLIMATE
there are much more important things for America to be worried about than how to effectively cripple it's own economy.
>>
>>133111038
Problem of induction
>>
>>133114496
this is a flaw of democracy, everyone that doesn't understand anything at a high levels votes for who has to control everything at a high level
>>
>>133132452
Fuck growth, we need sustainability.
Fuck Jews and leftists, too, we don't need (((equality))).
>>133132389
>>133134021
Why do you show up in every thread posting these garbage fake pics, when we only started collecting temperature data 150 years ago? And don't give me your BS "muh fossil record" response. The fossil record is fragmentary and localized, like many of the events on your chart. Little Ice Age was primarily an upper Atlantic phenomenon, probably from ocean current differences, for example.

>>133134079
There is a difference between deducing a trend and precisely quantifying it. If I pour water in a cup, and it starts overflowing, you'll point it out to me. Just because I say "but you can't tell me how MUCH water I spilled" doesn't make your abservation incorrect.
>inb4buthumansaren'ttheonlyfactorinwarming
OK, let's say I'm pouring the water while we'r out in the rain, and a sprinkler is on. Still holds true.
>>
>>133134712
Solar and wind are advancing rapidly. Perceived "solutions" don't need globalist tyranny. Most of us can agree on government intervention to protect water and air. Beyond that, leftist-globalist hysteria is phony.
>>
File: antarctic_seaice_sept19_1.jpg (25KB, 985x554px) Image search: [Google]
antarctic_seaice_sept19_1.jpg
25KB, 985x554px
>>133110321
>Arctic ice is melting at an unprecede-

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/11/24/scott-shackleton-logbooks-prove-antarctic-sea-ice-not-shrinking/

yeah no, antartica is gonna be touching s. america soon enough and creat a land bridge
>>
>>133110321
Because the left use it as an excuse to push socialism onto the markets. Green technology will become the norm and it will do so because of the free market. Not big daddy gubment.
>>
>>133117431
>2.5 Australias of new plant area
exactly where is it?

>>133110321
I do. Call me a conservative conservationist.
>>
>>133135633
If you trust Nasa then why didn't you read the editors note at the very top of the article?

Oh it's because you're only interested in finding article titles that support the view that you want to advance, you're not interested in the truth. Move along then.
>>
>>133111858
The entire world has been piggybacking on American innovation for 60 years. You think China is gonna invent something novel? Or Japan? Laughable.
>>
>>133135363
You make no sense. Your global warming argument relies on ice core samples of CO2 aligned with suspected weather averages over hundreds of thousands of years. And now you say they're "fake" pics because modern weather recordings only go back 150 years.

So which is it?
>>
File: NoWarmingYouKike.jpg (330KB, 2340x1350px) Image search: [Google]
NoWarmingYouKike.jpg
330KB, 2340x1350px
Stop with the global warming bullshit. The satellite data shows basically nothing over nearly 40 years.
>>
>>133110321

It's not that we don't understand the shitty theory, it's bullshit and the solution every liberal has ever given to this "problem" is "A MASSIVE WORLD WIDE GOVERNMENT AND FUCK TONS OF MONEY STOLLEN FROM PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE AND THROWN AT UNPRODUCTIVE PEOPLE".
>>
>>133136051
im sorry clearly im arguing with a environmental scientist whove conducted their own research and compiled their own data but have failed to produce their result here

i shall repent by watching An Inconvenient Truth 5 times before bed
>>
>>133110321
Because they
1. Religious
2. Are paid by oil/coal/power industry
>>
>>133136615
what are you talking about, you posted references that contradict the point you're trying to make
>>
>>133136355
It's not an extrapolation of temperature. The heat-trapping effect of CO2 (among other gases) is a known chemical property, and all that is pointed out are relative levels over time and current increases.
No temperatures in the past are assumed; rather, the rising levels of certain gases now are correlated with what observations of temperature we do have.
And we still have BROAD understanding of ancient temperatures. Like, the Ice Age is a pretty hard thing to miss.

But I doubt either of us are exactly qualified to get into a technical debate over this.
>>
>>133110321
All the more reason we need a racewar.

Its gonna get hot, niggas finna learna swim and fuck yo daughters into thot.
>>
File: 1477538680020.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1477538680020.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>133110321
>planet naturally dumps fuckloads of every kind of gas into the air
>not much happens
>humans get industrial for like 100 years
>HOLY SHIT THE PLANETS DOOMED

You know you guys could get vocal about actual issues like the giant garbage vortexes in the ocean but that would require actually giving a shit.
>>
CO2 Does not have the ability to raise the temperature by the amount being said. It only reflects three wavelengths.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (31KB, 490x610px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
31KB, 490x610px
>>133110321
>130 / x,000,000,000 years
worry about the plastic trash in the oceans first. its something we might actually be able to solve
>>
>>133137267
>No temperatures in the past are assumed;
That's not true. Their entire argument is based on perceived CO2 and temperature measurements over hundreds of thousands of years.

No one takes much issue with these assumed temperatures.
They take issue with the causation fallacies and the predictive models used to create hysteria. Retards are pushing globalism/communism as the "solution" based on the hysteria. It's an agenda. Here's the chart Globalist Al Gore used for example.
>>
>>133139137
>attacking arguments used by globalists and inept tree-huggers
Did I ever say I supported those faggots? Al Gore is an idiot, and he shouldn't have done that.
>>
>>133110321
If only we hadn't stopped those holes in the ozone then the horrifying terror of greenhouse gases could not be trapped!
>>
>>133110321

Why don't liberals acknowledge things like Canada allowing a forest to burn for weeks increases CO2 levels far more than any human industry possibly could?
>>
>>133110321

Update your propaganda, trendo friendo.

"Greenhouse effect" went out with "acid rain" and "ozone layer" 25 years ago.

It's all about "climate change" now. That phrase and only that phrase is to be used in your propaganda. Until further notice from the central office.
>>
>>133139891
ok. Then what's your point? The hysteria over "extreme CO2" leading to "extreme weather" completely depends on that data.
>>
File: 1470874948067.jpg (44KB, 682x518px) Image search: [Google]
1470874948067.jpg
44KB, 682x518px
>>133140582

>tfw some shills are still running with Global Warming v2.1 propaganda
>>
>>133110321
>>That's true but the greenhouse effect doesn't just add heat, it traps heat in the atmosphere by not allowing heat to dissipa-
Confirmed for not understanding the greenhouse effect while bitching that other people don't understand the greenhouse effect.

>>but global heat levels are steadily rising and correlates to humanity using more natural gas.
Confirmed for not knowing shit about the temperature record.

DAILY REMINDER

* A doubling of preindustrial CO2, absent any feedbacks, would result in a maximum forcing of +1.2C.

* The General Circulation Models, and the IPCC, predict 2-8C of warming because AGW theory assumes a positive H2O feedback. They assume that if CO2 causes a little warming, the atmosphere will hold more water vapor and that more water vapor will lead to a lot of warming.

* The warming predictions cover such a large range because everyone assumes a different average H2O feedback rate.

* Every GCM based on this assumption has failed to model temperatures for the past 17 years. They are all trending too high.

* In the late 1990's the modelers themselves stated that if they missed their predictions for more then a decade that would falsify AGW theory.

* There is no data to suggest a +H2O feedback either now or in Earth's past.

* If there is no +H2O feedback then we literally have nothing to worry about.

* The average climate change believer knows none of this. Politicians, citizens, activists, surprisingly even a lot of scientists are literally ignorant of the theory and the math. In their mind it's simply "CO2 = bad" and "experts say we're warming faster then ever."
>>
>>133140820

It's a marketing campaign, anon.

Look at it this way, and it will make a lot more sense to you.

It's the same with the faggy rainbow flag shit.
>>
File: 1498850804284.jpg (75KB, 393x315px) Image search: [Google]
1498850804284.jpg
75KB, 393x315px
>>133111038

Doubting the integrity of the research methods, precision of research tools, and concern about possible funding conflicts of interest does not equate to disregard for the scientific method
>>
File: 1499289361863.jpg (19KB, 262x236px) Image search: [Google]
1499289361863.jpg
19KB, 262x236px
>>133121446

This fag gets it
>>
>>133126680

Their computer models have already required multiple revisions to improve information granularity...and each time they have to revise their predictions LOWER
>>
>>133140668
Extreme weather is mostly hogwash. I'm worried about animal extinctions from shifting climatic patterns. Greenhouse gases are an undeniable factor in that issue.
>>
lol no one even gives a flying fuck about Fukushima and we're still talking about global warming, I mean climate change.
>>
>>133141790

Bees are the only ones you should be worried about.
>>
>>133141790

If you are concerned about detrimental effects on flora and fauna, your effort would be better spent curtailing deforestation and pollution

There is no magic method to efficiently pull CO2 out of the atmosphere en masse; just admit you want deindustrialization
>>
>>133110802
Your hatred of liberals is way more religiously fanatic than the hard sciences, you fucking idiot
>>
>>133115940

>to jump to

Using what technology?
>>
>>133110321
The biggest flaw in the climate change narrative is the idea that our governments are actually competent enough to do something about it.

Elections in Western governments are literally popularity contests. It's no wonder a reality TV star was able to beat every other talentless hack in our current political class.

Non-white countries are far to corrupt to actually follow whatever climate guidelines we look to impose. The Chinese lie all the time and would likely falsify data or just offshore production to African or SE Asian countries where there's less scrutiny. These are the same people that invented gutter oil after all.
>>
>>133110321

Here is a thought to enjoy: no one claims that any effort to reduce carbon emissions will prevent damage from the CO2 already present in the atmosphere...and according to the original predictions (which are bullshit) the current levels exceed the concentrations required for CATASTROPHIC climate change by several orders of magnitude

It's too late faggot, according to your belief system, you are doomed to a horrible fate

Kill yourself
>>
>>133142631
this too
>>
>>133142517

>Absolutely This

I am always dumbfounded when no one questions why the only solutions supported coalesce power in unelected bureaucracies and funnel billions and trillions of dollars through slush funds
>>
>>133141760
>and each time they have to revise their predictions LOWER

they also adjust historical data downwards every time to make the lower predictions seem more significant. The 1930s heatwave is nearly smoothed out now.
>>
>>133142092
>There is no magic method to efficiently pull CO2 out of the atmosphere en masse;
There could be. It is possible to 'crack' CO2 and use the carbon to make hydrocarbons. Oil and fuel from the air rather than the ground.

But it's very energy intensive. Aside from R&D it would require nuclear energy.
>>
>>133142092
We could always invent a method. Or just focus on reflecting more sunlight into space, or idk there's a million different ways to try and cool the atmosphere
>>
>>133143161

>not just using electrostatic

You're using the air for energy anyway, might as well go full retard with it.
>>
>>133126084

This is a pretty retarded viewpoint considering how much renewables have grown in the time since Obama was elected.
>>
>>133143161

Good luck selling that as a solution when Al Gore has already sold stake in a carbon credit market to politicians, corporations, and billionaires
>>
>>133143225

The situation can't be that dire if it is so simple to fix; additionally, I have yet to hear how a carbon credit exchange would benefit the development of any of these technologies
>>
File: 1443136606429.png (58KB, 553x759px) Image search: [Google]
1443136606429.png
58KB, 553x759px
>>133142631
What the fuck is that thing?
>>
>>133142941
It's because my generation was brainwashed into thinking that the people in charge of the US government are corrupt corporate pawns, but that the people in charge of every other government anywhere on earth are full of these saint-like selfless(non-white) hero's like Nelson Mandela and Gandhi.
>>
>>133110321

>why don't they understand?!?!

Oh, we understand, however, you fail to grasp that we want actual irrefutable PROOF before we'll go all Henny Penny alarmist like you already have.

If it's clear evidence, then UNBIASED science would show that we're directly responsible. Since science has yet to 100% prove this, we remain skeptical.

So, politely go fucking hang yourself.
>>
File: marineCloud.jpg (70KB, 499x411px) Image search: [Google]
marineCloud.jpg
70KB, 499x411px
>>133143225
>reflecting more sunlight into space
this is actually pretty easy. just spray salt water and get highly reflective clouds.
>>
>>133110321
Cool yes nice now whats an actually economically feasible way to combat this.
>>
>>133120246

I'm glad someone else is posting these videos. These are pretty good videos, but I doubt people on /pol/ will bother watching them. Still, higher chance of them watching videos than reading a literature review.
>>
>>133144775

>Still, higher chance of them watching videos than reading a literature review.

I'd rather read someone's thoughts than be told what to think.
>>
>>133144187

Jesus Titty Fucking Christ! Look at how all the governmental proponents live! It doesn't take a genius to see that they haven't changed their lifestyles...ergo, they either believe shit won't happen in their lifetime or not at all
>>
>>133144894
>I'd rather read someone's thoughts than be told what to think.

Congratulations! He just presents work from scientific papers and explains how myths from the mainstream meteor are wrong.
>>
>>133143862
It wouldn't. That's the problem. Politicians are retards and you will never solve this problem from a top down international scale when you have politicians in charge of the decision making.

The only thing that's gonna fix the situation is that it because it becomes enough of a problem that it becomes necessary for someone to solve it. Necessity is the mother of invention and so far there is no need to solve it.
>>
>>133144578

If they believe what they preach, why aren't Bill Gates, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Al Gore captaining spraying barges as we speak?
>>
>>133110880
it won't have any negative effect on me, and I could give a rats ass about what happens after I die.
>>
>>133144974
Or, they see themselves as higher beings than all the Goyim and think they should ruin your quality of life so they can maintain their own.
>>
>>133110321
Or, just spit balling here, many Americans see the narrative as a way for one political party to use an issue they can/will never solve expressly bc it will always be a platform they can run on. They spend years terrifying children until they can vote then those kids vote against the certain death they've been promised. Then they reach their 30s or 40s and realize the dems have been repackaging and recycling the same fear mongering for decades yet we're all still here. We haven't died. And that's why the right airways skews older.
>>
>>133145278

I may disagree with the conclusions many mainstream ACC papers, but I wouldn't have any problem with bottom up movements that encourage people to voluntarily engage in behaviors which reduce pollution and promote more efficient energy technologies

However, the trend seems to be wielding emotionally charged issues in order to bludgeon global populations to accept even greater governmental powers and reductions in oversight
>>
>>133145043

Just never been the youtube type I guess. Motives are revealed too much for me in speech. Always ends up more about appeals to emotion than elegance of the point.
>>
File: 1ww45ain.vichan.jpg (37KB, 325x466px) Image search: [Google]
1ww45ain.vichan.jpg
37KB, 325x466px
>>133110321
Argue against this motherfucker!

>>133145984
>>
File: 1465255964477.png (175KB, 300x541px) Image search: [Google]
1465255964477.png
175KB, 300x541px
>>133145614

The do behave as if they considered themselves wholly separate and independent from the rest of humanity
>>
>>133145913
The biggest factors in your individual carbon footprint are the heating and cooling of your residence, and Air travel.

Wanna cut your emissions by 70%? No, recycling your starbucks cup won't do it. No driving a Tesla wont do it. You're going to have to cut your living space down to 500 sqft per person and cancel your trip to New Zealand.

Tell liberals this and see how many of them suddenly become Climate Skeptics.
>>
>>133142941
How many people would sign on the dotted line to give up national liberty in exchange for free box of Chinese takeout? More than we care to imagine?

Communism is appealing because the carrot of quick gains is alluring to retards. (((Globalists))) took over banking, media, schools, and politics. The result 100 years into it is dumb leftists believing news propaganda and wanting to increase central power to fix all problems (real and fake).
>>
>>133146865
Also, "predicting" the future using weather models is not real science. You can create any model you want.
>>
>>133110321
>Every single climate model proven wrong
>No statistically significant warming in decades
>Zero evidence increased temperatures would even be a bad thing
>Planet warms: "its because manmade co2 fossil fuels bogeyman plz donate
>Planet cools: "its because manmade co2 fossil fuels bogeyman plz donate"
>Arctic ice has been melting, but has melted in the past naturally, and doesn't even matter since its floating on the water
>Only ice that matters is the Antarctic ice, which has been growing at about the same rate the Arctic ice has been shrinking
>Ignore the boon increased CO2 levels have been to tropical forests
>Leftist druids try to cover up medieval warm period and ignore extensive historical evidence for natural climate cycles because, "STOP USING FOSSIL FUELS REEEEEE!!!!"
>Vostok ice core data shows warming precedes increases in CO2, not the other way around
>CO2 is an organic molecule, necessary for life to even exist on earth
>There is evidence CO2 does contribute some (largely insignificant) warming to the climate, but the effect of additional CO2 is redundant beyond a certain level, essentially 85% of the temperature increase from human carbon emissions has already occurred
>Primary variables controlling temperatures are global cloud coverage and the sun, neither of which are firmly understood with regard to the climate (probably because so much time and money is wasted on CO2)
People of have been making these apocalyptic predictions about human impact on the environment since the 1900's. 9 times out of 10 when someone tells you "THE PLANET IS DYING UNLESS YOU DO X!!!" They're just trying to sell you something.
>>
>>133146865

I am surpised we don't see more solutions for energy efficient AC/Temp Control systems, demand in Asia and other developing areas could bring a huge windfall
>>
>>133147635
The planet is dying unles you reply to this post.
>>
>>133110321
The truth is that there's an organized propaganda effort by those with wealth to control the minds of the average person. They're quite good at it and have basically brainwashed the entire civilization.
>>
all those liberals and christian faggots fearmongers, crying out loud because their civilization and way of living is reaching its inevitable end. Oh boy, I can't wait until the whole planet is a giant frozen ball purging all the subhumans.
>>
File: 1493672703401.jpg (80KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493672703401.jpg
80KB, 500x375px
>>133140820
>>133147635
This.
>>
>>133126050
The scientific method has many similarities to a religious dogma. Especially the way it is used by non-scientists today.
>>
>>133123323
>there is no debate here
>that flag
>post a few links out of 6 gazillion propaganda >articles

wtf I hate Climate now! consider kys.
>>
>>133110321
>I AM SILLY
Go ahead and actually prove something for once and I'll believe it. Until then don't preach to me about pollution when your "green" technology dumps toxic waste into water supplies worldwide just so you can jack off to the idea of an electric car and some solar panels. Cunt.
>>
>>133147781
earth no
>>
File: 1496482671067.jpg (180KB, 336x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496482671067.jpg
180KB, 336x400px
>>133135363
>Mfw the shills have to use hyper hyperbole to explain the legitimacy of a hyperbole to justify climate alarmism

Meanwhile in the real world

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18433/uh-oh-new-report-just-dropped-bomb-key-climate-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand
>>
>>133141790
Overspecialization has killed off untold thousands, probably millions, of species over the last billion years.
>>
global warming/climate change is an industry unto itself and they want worldwide "carbon taxes" on top of that. it is an insidious thing far beyond that even.

you won't understand wtf i'm talking about unless you look into these things for yourself. so, you can do that (takes effort)... or blindly continue to go along with their agenda. whatever.

did you know having ice cap is an anomaly? did you know that the earth has been ice cap free for ~90% of its existence? did you know by definition ice caps only exist during ice ages? did you know we are at the tail end of a CURRENT ice age now? did you know the caps extended as far down as missouri/kentucky just 20,000 years ago and have been receding ever since that peak? did you know the caps are going bye-bye even if every person on the planet disappeared 20,000 years ago?

THE OCEAN'S RELEASE *ALL ON ITS OWN* IS FAR LARGER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY *OUT ACCELERATING* MANS CONTRIBUTION

THE OCEAN IS RELEASING MORE DUE TO WARMER TEMPS (WARMER WATER = IT'S A FAR LESS EFFECTIVE C02 SINK)

IF HUMANS NEVER AROSE CO2 WOULD BE INCREASING AT ALMOST THE EXACT SAME RATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW

THIS HAPPENS AT THE END OF EVERY ICE AGE

STOP BEING SO FUCKING GULLIBLE AND LAZY

LOOK INTO THINGS FOR YOURSELF AND STOP TAKING WHAT THE MSM, EPA.GOV AND NASA.GOV ETC. TELL YOU AT FACE VALUE, YOU LAZY SHITS. IT IS ABOUT POWER AND CONTROL.

ICE AGES AND PERMANENT ICE *ARE AN ANOMALY*

BY DEFINITION AN "ICE AGE" IS WHEN THE EARTH HAS PERMANENT ICE SHELVES

WE HAD ICE A MILE THINK IN CINCINNATI JUST 20,000 YEARS AGO

THE PLANET IS WARMING AND THE CAPS ARE METLING

THAT MEANS = MORE CO2, SEA RISE AND WEATHER PATTERN CHANGES

WE CAN'T STOP OR ALTER IT, WE WILL ADAPT JUST FINE

STOP BEING SCARED INTO TAX SCHEMES AND GLOBALIST POWER PLAYS YOU MENTALLY ENSLAVED PODMEN
>>
>>133137480
this.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.