[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>god

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 32

File: proof.jpg (121KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
121KB, 571x540px
>god
>>
>>133085302
There is none dumbass. Faithfags will never learn. So stop being a little faggot about it so we can get back to keeping them in the background of our lives as it should be.
>>
75% of the Christcucks here are trolling. There is literally 0 proof of divine beings so there is no reason to entertain the idea or debate it.
>>
>>133085302
prove that God is an impossibility

Until then, stfu
>>
>>133085302
Christfag here.
Don't have proof
Honestly don't want proof
Faith alone is enough for me.
>>
No proof otherwise sooo...
>>
I fully agree. The god of the Torah is not real and does not exist.
>>
>>133085836
Hey shithead, burden of proof lies on you not atheists. Come back when you can find something better than a cloth with some face sweat

>Jesus existed, the Bible is historically accurate
Which does nothing to prove that God is physically real and still active
>>
>>133085836
>>133085930
Burden of proof retards
>>
>the burden of proof is on the heretics.
>>
>>133086216
were the ones that came first
you said that god doesnt exist afterwards so enjoy proving it
>>
File: images (19).jpg (10KB, 180x271px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
10KB, 180x271px
look into my eyes.
>>
>>133085302
The Quran. Look at how based Allah speaks.
>>
>>133085302
I exist, therefore I was created by something
either me or my ancestors
nothing creates itself out of nothing
stop being fedora cuck
>>
File: stthomasaquinas.jpg (29KB, 171x268px) Image search: [Google]
stthomasaquinas.jpg
29KB, 171x268px
>>133085302
>>
File: bible[1].jpg (222KB, 493x493px) Image search: [Google]
bible[1].jpg
222KB, 493x493px
>>133085302
here's the documentation to support the claims of christianity
it's up to you to accept it, or to deny it
>>
>>133086847
about rapes or killing?
stop worshiping moon demon
>>
I will give $100 PayPal to anyone who can provide me with a single tangible piece of evidence God exists.
>>
>>133085302
One cannot give physical evidence for the metaphysical
>>
>>133087027
>>133086971
what about this reality you faithless cucks?
it created itself out of nothing? Nothing does that
>>
>>133087128
>god created itself out of nothing
See its just as fucking stupid
>>
>>133086947
there's no rapes and killing in the quran.
>>
Anything and everything.
>>
>>133085302
>Oh boy look at this universe, every little part of it, including the power of the explosion of the big bang is calculated milimetrically so it can form planets and hold life, I wonder how more evidence can I get? Nah, I'll shitpost.
>>
>>133085302
There's no proof for dark matter yet sciencecucks usually believe it without question because gravity "works just fine" even if it is just a magic invisible space particle. God was created to explain existence. Science still can't explain existence, so what now? Maybe come back when the big bang isn't some massive space wank and you have some real concrete evidence of how we got here before you start attacking other theories that are widely held that are just as baseless.
>>
>>133087275
kys cancer fag get off /pol/
>>
"God" is an abstraction of the social contract for the dumbest parts of civilized people.
It's silly, but it works.
>>
File: IT NEVER ENDS.jpg (2MB, 2700x6826px) Image search: [Google]
IT NEVER ENDS.jpg
2MB, 2700x6826px
>>133085302
We've had this discussion years back on /pol/. Pic related is the back and forth from anti-theist and Christian /pol/ and where it is now. It's a crude version of the cosmological argument and layers of back and forth from anti-theist dissenters and Christian proponents. Note that the discussion - and the first part of the picture - warn that we're not talking about causation in a timely sense. This isn't about a "before the Big Bang" - in fact the vast majority of cosmological arguments aren't talking about causation in-time but sustaining causation. In the discussion of sustaining causation there are two major views:

>Divine Conservation: That things ultimately do rely on something outside of itself for its own existence constantly. Details of what that is and why that is are derived from the individual arguments themselves.

>Existential Inertia: That things ultimately move and exist on their own and don't need outside causation. How that works and why that is are derived from individual arguments themselves.

I would say, as would others, that the Divine Conservation position is actually fleshed out and sound, unlike the opposite view which usually has little to no argument for itself but amount to just a denial of Divine Conservation in everything I've read on the topic.

I'll have a formal proof for it in my next post that is the argument in full detail.
>>
File: Walking to Anor Londo alone.jpg (19KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
Walking to Anor Londo alone.jpg
19KB, 540x489px
>>133087499
This is a retelling of Aquinas' old format. To show the age.

1. Causation exists.

2. Act and Potency are classic terms we can use to explain causation: When something is in Potency it has the capacity to become something else, but is not it yet. A fertilized egg has the potency to turn into a chick, an unfertilized egg does not. When a potency is realized, it is actual. To actualize a potency is to take a property that something had in potency and make it actually inhere in the thing. The same thing, in this case, for things within an instant. While they are simultaneous they are still essentially ordered.

3. When we find an instance of causation in the world we find some potency being actualized.

4. Something that is only in potency cannot actualize anything.

5. For some potency to be actualized something actual must actualize it.

6. If A is actualized by B, then B must first be actual.

7. Either something must have actualized B from being in potency to be in actuality. Or B is either necessarily actual, having never been in potency before. ( A v B)

8. If the left disjunct “A” is true then premise 7 applies to a new cause C.

9. If disjunct “B” is true there is a “first” uncaused cause that is pure actuality.

10. If disjunct “B” is never the case then there is an infinite series of actualizations. And we can apply 7 to C, then to a new cause D, and so forth. With every being having its actuality derived from another being.

11. If “10” is the case then there can be no actualization, as every being in the series has its actuality derived from another being, but there is no being with actuality on it's own to derive the actuality from.

12. If “10” is the case there is no causation

13. There is causation ( from premise 1)

14. Premise “10” is not the case.

15. If premise 10 is not the case, then at some point in the series “9” is the case.

16. There is a first cause, which is a being of pure actuality.
>>
>>133087524
Part 3/3
Yu'll notice that the argument ended with "pure actuality" rather than "God", which is what the argument does in its full form. Aquinas' Five Ways are to get five different results from classical arguments for God, examine attributes necessary of such traits, and then, afterwords, defend rationally that all five results must be the same thing to establish a more complete image of the thing from rational deduction. Afterwords, the term "God" is applied as it's entirely synonymous with how God in understood theologically.

The picture crudely summarizes this whole argument but also goes into necessary attributes at the bottom.

From this we can see how common disagreements are tenable at all:

>God being uncreated is special pleading!

The result inherently leads to an uncreated creator. The result violates no premise in the argument.

>Why can't it be the universe that's eternal?

The universe cannot be as the initial premise mentions motion within the universe and the end result states a lack of change inherent to it.

>You just call it God out of nowhere!

In abbreviated versions, definitely, but the basis I lay clear in my post here.

Aquinas, along with pretty much all the classical Christians understood God in a sense called Classical Theism, which would view God as a constant ground of being rather than an individual or anthropomorphic type of thing. This is the standard Apostolic Christian (Catholic/Orthodox/Coptic) view to this day. This is opposed to the view Theistic Personalism, which is God as a kind of individual and anthropomorphic to some degree. This is constantly popular between all laypeople for easy understanding and became popular between Protestant scholars since modernity. How God's attributes (omni-stuff) are understood differs between these two branches.

This is not the only bit of argumentation in this field but its an easy go-to example to introduce it. People have discussed DC/EI elsewhere too, obviously.
>>
File: The Truth.jpg (45KB, 532x559px) Image search: [Google]
The Truth.jpg
45KB, 532x559px
>>133085627
The church has a long history of Natural Theology.

>>133085732
Reddit needs to go.

>>133085836
>>133085930

Burden of proof is on the positive claim, Anon.

>>133086913
>this shitposter
>>
>>133087275
lol. i got kicked out for answering

multiculturalism : nope;
israel : don't care;
fascism : nope, i don't like the government taking charge of morality and personal discipline;
pinochet : pro-capitalism so hell yeah;
furries : i don't hate them but definitely not a fan; niggers : don't care
>>
>>133086888
then what made god
>>
>>133086888
i think trips is on to somethink is onto something, maybe we 're just the result of an infinite series of creators and ceated.
>>
File: Accept the full Christianity.png (410KB, 869x500px) Image search: [Google]
Accept the full Christianity.png
410KB, 869x500px
>>133086888
Poland, that's a very poor understanding of the cosmological argument.
>>
>>133086126
Money doesn't exist?
>>
>>133085302
>niggers exist
therefore god is a LIE
>>
it doesnt matter if you believe in god or not. if you dont come to realize the importance of religion you're a low IQ faggot
>>
>>133091122
sometimes they do bu they avoid to
>>
>>133085302
I dunno about proof mate but the idea of a God shouldn't be so far fetched. We already know that the "blueprint" (for lack of a better word) for sentience is built into the laws of nature. There may be no rhyme or reason to that but even IF there is no God outside this universe, the unlikely emergence of a universe such as ours means there must be a multiverse. And that means the higher laws of the multiverse complex must be logically consistent with the laws of each universe inside it. Therefore, the "blueprints" for sentience must also be built into those laws of the mutliverse which in turn govern the laws of our universe.
So there you go. Logical proof that, whether God or multiverse with other life forms in other universes, there is very very very much likely intelligence beyond our known reality.
>>
>>133085302
Trying to prove the supernatural within the limits of the natural.
God is revelation you fools. You can look for him all you want but you won't find him.
>>
File: 1498732787624m.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1498732787624m.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>133085302
Leibnizian cosmological argent proves god.

By fact of contingent things existing proves god
>>
>>133087173
God is uncreated and has always existed
>>
>>133086888
>I exist, therefore I was created by something

Your parents had sex, Your father cock created you
>>
I think the concept of god is warped in a way where the concept is made easier for humans to digest and understand. God itself, wouldn't necessarily be a being, but rather everything that exists.
>>
>>133091122
Actually if you follow a religion just because it keeps low IQ faggots in line you are the low IQ faggot.
>>
>>133096150
And what created his father?
>>
>>133085302
>>god

this is the op why dont you sage this shit?
>>
>>133095788
There is no need for a necessary being for the explanation of the universe. Or if there is, it isn't made clear in the Premises of the Argument. That Argument is shite.
>>
>>133085302
How does one prove the validity of reality? How do I prove my eyes see the world as it is? I know I'm real. I think therefore I am. But you? How do I prove you are anything other then a figment of my imagination? Do I concluded reality isn't real because I can't prove it is? No I have faith it's real and so do you.
>>
>>133097135
who created god if nothing creates itself out of nothing?
>>
>>133085302
you can find HIM at the end of the Mandelbrot Set, also in the beginning of The Bible
>>
>>133085302
An Aussie. Every time. Unoriginal.
>>
>>133086971
Edward Feser books.

I want my 100
>>
>>133085302
your existence is proof faggot

2017 and people still think something can come from nothing LOL
>>
>>133085302
Aquinas proposed the proof that God exists as the fact that something had to spark 'creation' from the void. not necessarily the Christian God but /something/. after all, the void is less than negative, and thus unable to create something.

his thinking is flawed though, as it assumes that absurdities, events that don't obey logic, are impossible. which is absurd.

the real problem with this discussion is the nature of man, which is overly self centered to see things objectively.
>>
>>133100801
case in point >>133100739
>>
>>133100874
A god creating the universe makes more sense to a man then, regardless of what really happened.

Knowing what we know it is more logical that a higher being created the universe than a random event of absurdity, because if we choose god we get to at least take natural law out of the equation.

(If that makes sense)
>>
>>133101188
true, but I'm not interested in what makes more sense to men, but rather what actually happened.

math isn't my field but I believe that, mathematically speaking, it's (ultimately) a 50/50 split considering we can't prove (nor observe) whether the cosmos has to obey logic.
>>
>>133085863
I hate you because you have faith.
>>
>>133085302
>trying to find comprehensive proog of the Creator when we ourselves do not have a complete understanding of the observable Universe
Fucking brainlets
>>
>>133086800
>>133085302

God and his will are evidencedar by our love for beauty, loathing of evil, pity for the unfortunate, and compassion for each other

I got misty eyed thinking about it just now, and I think I know why
>>
>>133085302
Uh how else would the bible exist?
>>
>>133095870

And quarks can't be that way?
>>
>>133090015

Niggers are a test of god, he still gives them shit like aids and ebola to show that we are the chosen ones
>>
>>133086789
>The moon is made of cheese
>No it isn't
>Prove that.
>Prove it's made of cheese
>lol fag I don't have to I said it first so you have to prove it's not

We're reaching levels of autism that shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>133086216
Faith doesn't require proof retard, that's part of the whole concept. Rationalism and science does though, so the only burden of proof is on the one claiming god doesn't exist
>>
>>133087343
>God was created to explain existence. Science still can't explain existence, so what now?
The perfect "gods of the gaps" argument.
>There's a gap in your knowledge!
>Can only be gods!
It's the print form of weaponized autism
>>
>>133103581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Gotl9vRGs

this video explains God, if you can understand it
>>
File: Screenshot_46.jpg (232KB, 1863x887px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_46.jpg
232KB, 1863x887px
>>133104125
>>
>>133095788
>Leibnizian cosmological argent proves god.
Beliefs are irrational.
Supernatural beings are irrational
Premise 5 introduces belief in a supernatural being which instantly torpedoes any logical argument.
>>
>>133098846
God is eternal and uncreated
>>
>>133097431
You just don't understand the argument
>>
>>133103581
No because quarks came into existence with the big bang
>>
>>133104875
Why is belief irrational? It has worked pretty well for humans so far in the absence of proof. Why is a supernatural being irrational? It is more irrational to rule out things that you can't physically experience as impossible.
>>
>>133086710
Get real christcuck. If you believe farts are magical fairy gas that you must taste then it's your burden to prove your belief. Don't be superstitious.
>>
>>133105314
>Why is belief irrational?
It just is.

>Why is a supernatural being irrational?
Because we invent them. We've fabricated thousands of irrational beings to pretend to explain things.

>It is more irrational to rule out things that you can't physically experience as impossible.
No one is doing that. The closed-minded claim there is only one possibility and it hinges on their made-up gods. The open-minded realize there could be many possibilities, and they understand the probability of gods, based on the 10,000 year histroy of made-up gods, is that the current crop of gods are very likely made-up too.

You don't prove your gods exist, there's nothing for the non-believers to disprove.
>>
>>133106938
Ah the old because I say so argument. Why are atheists incapable of logic and fall into delusion?

God is not invented. People just came to the logical conclusion through the proof of existence that everything originates from god. The fact that all different cultures believe in god actually supports the fact that he is not invented but every human has come to the same simple logical conclusion.
>>
>2017
>people still believe in an invisible sky daddy

Lmaoing at your lives
>>
File: 1456777638183.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1456777638183.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>133085302
>I exist because of sheer luck
>>
File: 1470478410330.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1470478410330.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>133108062
>I exist because an invisible wizard zapped me into existence
>>
>>133106938
Loving that diagram. I can't fathom how bitter and soulless you'd have to be to shit that thing out.
>>
>>133108313
How else would you exist?
>>
>>133087499
>durr
do you know what science is? proof is science. take this philosophy and go away.
>>
>>133105314
>in the abscense of proof
holy shit batman don't you get the point of the thread? nobody is arguing weather or not you think christianity has value. we're talking about weather the things they describe can be shown to exist in the universe rationaly. except arguably jesus they all cannot be shown to exist.
>>
>>133085302
Psalm 126:6 "Man says show me and I'll trust you. God says trust me and I'll show you."
>>
>>133107453
>Ah the old because I say so argument.
>The perennial argument for gods, ironically
These terms are well defined.

Take a sheet of paper, draw a line down the middle. Title the left side "rational", on the right put "irrational".

In the left column, put "observations, reason, logic, evidence, scientific method"

On the right, put "legends, fables, fairy tales, religion, delusions, religion, fantasy, dreams, wishes, conjecture, magic, etc."

You can pretend all you like, but that's just sad denial.
Why are atheists incapable of logic and fall into delusion?
>God is not invented. People just came to the logical conclusion through the proof of existence that everything originates from god. The fact that all different cultures believe in god actually supports the fact that he is not invented but every human has come to the same simple logical conclusion.
>>
>>133104125
Then stop being so fucking autistic
>>
The Brothers Karamazov
>>
>>133085302
>circle
>>
>>133107453
>durrr every god but mine is fake
there have been thousands of gods, how do I know yours is real
>BUT BUh your incapable of logic thats all, my god is the one god!
>>
>>133104125
I mean when and to whom does it matter if the moon is cheese or not cheese?
>>
File: 1499535899568.jpg (61KB, 622x559px) Image search: [Google]
1499535899568.jpg
61KB, 622x559px
>>133085302
>>
File: download (14).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>133085863
>>
File: Dryl.jpg (72KB, 290x271px) Image search: [Google]
Dryl.jpg
72KB, 290x271px
>>133085302
Eat a box of these
I'm not joking.
>>
File: 387043.jpg (22KB, 325x324px) Image search: [Google]
387043.jpg
22KB, 325x324px
>>133085302
Ephesians 2:8 says for we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH not of works lest any man should boast.
therefore if you could prove God exists, you could no longer be saved by grace THROUGH FAITH.
so if God does exist, and he is the God over everything, that would mean he only speaks truth, Bible is God breathed, eph 2:8 is in the bible. therefore you can never prove God to a non believer whether God exists or not.
>>
File: behead-quran-capture.jpg (42KB, 608x337px) Image search: [Google]
behead-quran-capture.jpg
42KB, 608x337px
>>133085302
fff
>>
>>133096830
this
>>
>>FINAL REDPILL FOR CHRISTKEKS:

God is not real.

>> But without the bible you have no morals
> being a good goy for God.
> proof you're a shitty person to begin with (shit moral compass)

You can still choose and even promote the same lifestyle choices as your gay bible tells you without fearing an old faggot in the sky. Christcucks just keep pushing any atheist who is leaning right in politics, bundling them together with SJWs. Well, the right-wing has always been viewed as a looney bin because of the fucking Christcucks.
>>
>>133108858
>Why are atheists incapable of logic and fall into delusion?
This too, is steeped in irony. Defending their god delusions, theism leads to a degradation of cognitive ability.

>God is not invented.
Thousands of gods have been invented. Do you believe in all of them equally? Or do you not believe in every single one?

>People just came to the logical conclusion through the proof of existence that everything originates from god.
Incorrect. Your gods are not based on any objective evidence or observations. Early social leaders quickly realized whoever controlled the gods controlled the people. The story is repeated over and over in history,

>The fact that all different cultures believe in god actually supports the fact that he is not invented
Different cultures believe in many thousands of different gods with vastly different abilities and stories.

>but every human has come to the same simple logical conclusion.
Fabricated gods would render any conclusion illogical.
>>
>>133109752
Insults, says deragitory names, calls others stupid... tell me how morals and religion have nothing in common anon?
>>
>>133086789
>were the ones that came first
That's not true at all. Man existed long before any of today's religions existed.
>>
>>133109975
i didn't say they have nothing in common. infact if you re-read w hat i wrote, you'll find i imply that the bible does have moral values.

i simply elaborated that having these values or similar values isn't exclusive to christianity.

holy shit. this is the same shit you get from christcucks. they are literally unable to comprehend basic thought processes and logic.
>>
File: 1445890318896.jpg (14KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1445890318896.jpg
14KB, 250x243px
There are three possibilities for the the existence of the universe

1. It is Uncaused
2. Self-caused
3. Caused

The universe cannot be uncaused since it exists.

It cannot be self-caused since it would have to first "not exist" in order to need causing.

Yet, it would have to exist in order to have the ability to cause.

It's absurd to conclude that the universe was in a state of existence and non-existence in order to cause it's own existence.

Therefore, the universe must have had a cause by another source.

I once heard a scientist say that he believed the universe was uncaused, and has always existed. My question is that is if it's acceptable to have an uncaused universe, why would it not be acceptable to have a creator that is uncaused? When a member of the scientific community argues for the eternal existence of the universe, do they not commit the same fallacy as the theologian who argues for the eternal existence of God?
>>
>>133087128
You're assuming that the universe hasn't always existed
>>
>>133109975
ps: improve your english and comprehension skills you stupid shit.
>>
>>133085302
bad goy, BAD! pick up a bible, NOW!
>>
>>133110290
so if i killed a man, whos to say i did wrong? the police? other humans? who are they to judge me? theyre human just like me, so whats the point?
>>
>>133109975

Politeness is not a sign of good character, despite what your cuckservative disposition might lead you to believe.
>>
>>133085302
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>133110290
Never said anything about Christanity in there anon. However yes Christianity does impact the way at least I live my life as I try not to be someone who uses slurs. Btw >>133110445 nice straw man.
>>
File: 1499667510961m.jpg (100KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
1499667510961m.jpg
100KB, 1024x568px
>>133085302
>where is you proof god doesnt exist?
>where is your proof a flying spaghetti monster doesnt exist?
Etc. Its hopeless.
>>
>>133085836
prove that me fuckin ur mom is an impossibility otherwise i fucked ur mom kiddo
>>
File: 1499667710827.jpg (115KB, 786x630px) Image search: [Google]
1499667710827.jpg
115KB, 786x630px
>>133110307
>universe has to be caused because everything needs a cause
>but god doesnt need a cause because its magic n shiet
>>
>>133110525
Never said it was just stated that someone refrains from using slurs has better morals than someone who doesn't in that term. That doesnt make the overall person as they could be a greedy scumbag compared to the vulgar speaker who is more charitable.
>>
>>133110267

true adam and eve had no religion
>>
>>133110495
other humans, laws, society. lmfao. as an atheist you think that i myself think it's okay to go around killing people?

if you did not believe in god, you would kill people? it's just proof you're a shitty person , like I said, if that's what you'd do.

and if it's punishment only that stops you from murdering people then, surely to atheist or christcuck REAL punishment such as being locked away or the death penalty is far more of a deterant (it's actually "tangible") is far more effective than the fairytale of being sent to hell for eternity.

but then again. if you're a christcuck you can always murder ten people and then claim to be born again anyway. LOL
>>
The universe could not have just came out of nothing. And it's impossible for it to have just existed for forever, that would make the universe currently infinity years old, which is impossible. Only logical explanation is a creator that doesn't need to follow logic.
>>
>>133107453
>Every culture came up with god therefore it's a logical conclusion.

Dude... have you read ANY creation myth? There is no logic involved whatsoever.

>Everything has to have a begining
>Therefore you need a creator fir the universe
>This god I came up with is the exception to this "needs a creator" rule because reasons.

Counter theory: every culture came up with a god because the unknown is terrifying.
>>
>>133085302
Proof of God would undermine the need for faith. God is designed so it can't be proven, it would destroy the faith wether God is proven or disproven.
>>
>>133111131
Obivously the universe didn't come out of nothing. The only evidence we have is that there was a massive build up of energy from the centre which "exploded". At the same time it is NOT logical to assume there was a creator because there isn't another explanation.

WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW.

>>GOD MUST HAVE DONE IT.

IS THE DUMBEST ANSWER.

the answer is. WE DONT KNOW. and our tiny human minds will probably never know. imagine a fucking cow trying to make a computer or being a software engineer. They just don't have the mental capacity to understand. just as we cannnot understand the universe.
>>
>>133109975
Jesus did all of those things.
>>
File: 1486948563099.png (824KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
1486948563099.png
824KB, 700x739px
>>133111019
but who says that murder is WRONG?

also, stop insulting people you disagree with, it hurts your credibility.
>>
>>133111131
>The universe could not have just came out of nothing.
Why not? Creators that come out of nothing are supposedly possible.

>And it's impossible for it to have just existed for forever, that would make the universe currently infinity years old, which is impossible.
Repeating the word "impossible" doesn't make the concept not possible.

Time changes based on relative speed and gravity. At the point where all the atoms are packed into a tiny singularity, time could not be measurable by us. That doesn't make it impossible to happen.

>Only logical explanation is a creator that doesn't need to follow logic.
You say that, but it just means you don't know what logic is, you don't realize the problem of having thousands of imagined gods and you're just fixated on a "creator being" without considering the improbability of what you're poorly attempting to define.
>>
>>133085302
23 y/o anon who went to Catholic middle school ended up being a hard core Atheist from 8th grade - 18 years. Started smoking weed, reading and looking at the world, there is no "Proof " in a "God" there is no sky daddy, but I just feel there is something more. ( we are all god anon)
>>
File: AtheismInANutshell.jpg (86KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
AtheismInANutshell.jpg
86KB, 720x720px
>>133085302
>>
>>133111908
>but who says that murder is WRONG?
Logic says that murder is wrong. No murderer wants to be murdered. This sets up a double-standard. The killer doesn't want to be killed. The thief doesn't want to be robbed. The rapist doesn't want his asshole to be violated. The welfare parasite wants others to work to provide his shekels.
>>
File: 1487859724071.jpg (96KB, 480x643px) Image search: [Google]
1487859724071.jpg
96KB, 480x643px
>>133112397
so because someone believes it is wrong, it is a fact that it is wrong?
there is no truth there
>>
>>133112397
Murder is a necessary evil anon even Buddhist realize this. The person must be killed so he wont continue to hurt others and in turn hurting himself brainlet cant into philosophy get off this board
>>
File: AtheismReligiousCharacteristics.jpg (57KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
AtheismReligiousCharacteristics.jpg
57KB, 750x600px
>>133085302
One can respect agnostics. Agnostics admit that we do not know either way whether there is or isn't a God. Atheists are hypocrites. They pretend to know the answer to an unknowable question and when their own demands for proof are turned against them, they insist that since the other side has proven there IS a God, they know absolutely that there ISN'T a God.

Atheism is a religion, and it is the most delusional religion in the history of the world.
>>
>>133112654
>so because someone believes it is wrong, it is a fact that it is wrong?
You clearly didn't understand the argument. Come back when you are less of a moron.
>>
>>133112681
>Murder is a necessary evil anon even Buddhist realize this.
No, KILLING in sometimes necessary. Murder is, be definition, never necessary.

Most people mistranslate the commandments. It does not say, "Thou shalt not kill." It says, "Thou shalt not murder."
>>
File: In game Instrunctions.jpg (41KB, 700x461px) Image search: [Google]
In game Instrunctions.jpg
41KB, 700x461px
>>133112801
please do not dodge my question, is it a fact that murder is wrong? and why is it a fact that murder is wrong?

also, please do not insult people you disagree with, it damages your credibility.
>>
>>133113129
>please do not dodge my question, is it a fact that murder is wrong?
So you do agree that murder is either wrong or it is not? You do not leave it in some mystical realm of "there is no such thing as truth"?

I must ask this first because if you believe that latter, you are contradicting yourself, essentially holding it to be a universal truth that there are no universal truths. There would be no point arguing with someone that delusional.

So do you grant the murder is either wrong or else it is not?
>>
File: 1478571822031.gif (617KB, 664x550px) Image search: [Google]
1478571822031.gif
617KB, 664x550px
>>133113551
when i said that there is no truth there, i meant in your statement. you did not say it is a fact that murder is wrong. Absolute truth does exist, and i do believe that murder is wrong. and i do believe that it is either wrong or it is not.

also, you didnt answer my question, but you do bring up a good point, who decides what is truth? i believe it is God, but i BELIEVE it is God.
>>
>>133113969
>Absolute truth does exist
t. definition of Dunning-Kruger
>>
>>133113129
Try reading some Kant, cunt.
>>
>>133114304
i BELIEVE that absolute truth exists, but who am i to say that it does? and who are you to say that it doesnt?
>>
>>133085863
>literally enjoying having a pathetic mental capacity
>>
>>133114582
you cant win an argument with insults
>>
the world is pretty obvious proof of a creator
>>
>>133088114
then what made the big bang?
>>
Here is my proof there is no god.

Why hasn't he asked me to burn my son alive yet then give me a goat instead?

Why don't we live for thousands of years any more?

What happened to all of the symbols of god?

Why hasn't Jesus ressurected again yet?

Why is there more than one religion if God is the one true god?
>>
>>133114680
Im not trying to win an argument, I'm telling you to educate yourself before spouting ignorant bullshit. If you want to talk about ethics, a basic knowledge of Kant is the bare minimum.
>>
>>133105022
I understand that you state that the explanation of the universe is grounded in a necessary being without referencing a previous premise to back up that statement.

In arguing for the existence of God you consider his existence to be a basic truth without a logical explanation. Which is retarded.
>>
File: 1472689906089.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1472689906089.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>133114851
>god created the universe
>Who created god?
>uh, god always existed
Saying the universe always existed pretty much answers the same question
>>
>>133085302
Everything around you
>>nuh uh it's just the result of random shit mashing together
>Where did the random shit come from
>>it just exploded into existence
At least christfags accept there is shit beyond their comprehension
>>
File: 1477181497341.gif (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477181497341.gif
21KB, 640x480px
>>133115182
from a Christian standpoint wouldn't God decide the ethics and not a human?
nonetheless, i have never heard of Kant, and i will look him up

also, so what are you trying to gain here?
>>
The funniest thing about those secularists kind of atheists, you know the type who throw a tantrum every time someone mentions religions or thanks God after winning something, is how they lack self awareness.

We got a dumbass here who founded some atheist NGO similar to the Atheists United created by that foul mouthed atheist in the US Madalyn O'Hair, here the guy's name is Daniel, and he's engaged in serious business like using hair dryers to do "disbaptism", to "blow the winds of secularism" or whatever the fuck it was called. I'm still laughing at how ridiculous this whole shit is, and he asks for donations for his organization, and there are retards who fucking give this clown money.

His name Daniel literally means "God is my judge" in hebrew. This is just too funny.
>>
>>133115581
The other guy argued that God is unnecessary in creating a universal system of morals. Kant is one of the most influential philosophers of all time and also the man who came up with one of the most well respected systems of ethics that doesn't require God.

I'm not trying to accomplish much, just passing time telling people why they are wrong.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.