[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REASONABLE DISCUSSION general #1

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: the motto.jpg (59KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
the motto.jpg
59KB, 850x400px
>for /pol/lacks who enjoy the added benefit of image posting which/news/ doesnt but with /news/ encouraged conversation which is without racebait, country banter, logical fallacies, or attacks on idealogy.

So now that you have the format, feel free to post any news to discuss.
>>
Alex Jones does more harm than good to the right. Discuss.
>>
>>133022827

On what grounds does Alex Jones do more harm than good?
>>
>>133022827
He does less harm than regular news pundits. Could probably tone down the obviously retarded ideas people criticize him for.
>>
>>133022897
In my opinion his wide reach is nullified by the amount of nonsense he sprinkles through his reporting. He takes one nugget of truth that people should know and cuts it with 4 parts of (somewhat) irrelevant baloney. In fact him reaching so many people with half-truths is damaging in the long run IMHO.
>>
>>133022827
Also possibly not a reptilian
>>
>>133023080
>retarded ideas

I feel alot of Jones' ideas are only considered outlandish because he famously does not out his sourcee but claims to get the information from ex-CIA friends. If he would show proof of what he has 'learned' about the deep state's most secret programs other than 'he said/she said' by sources that may as well be anonymous then there is no way to differentiate what he says from "fake news" like CNN.
>>
>>133023148
Jezus Christ people still use that term. The horror.
>>
>>133023103
>irrelevant baloney

I for one think most of his claims are far from useless. Most of his reporting, even conspiracy theories, deal with how big government has affected the psychological and physical wellbeings of the uninformed consumers. The only reason people would feel that his reporting isn't important is the fact that, and as Alex Jones has said many a time, they do not care about the affects these big government decisions could have on the future population since there is so much to worry about in their own immediate futures alone.
>>
>>133022827
Yes the content of his arguments and stories aside he is a joke of a man and is the right wing version of all the hysterical sjw cunts that swayed people to the right. If he and people like him continue they will undoubtably motivate people to vote left.
>>
>>133024857
You've touched on an important point there that i feel many on the left could ask of themselves. That if you believe noam chomskys manufactured consent that you are only being shown what people want you to see so that you can be manipulated into supporting a certain end. Why do you believe the news who only post negative trump articles. Surely this is what they want from you, to be outraged so the establishment can remove this political outsider from office?
>>
>>133022673
Go away chenk
>>
>>133025022
>joke of a man
>equivalent to hysterics

On what basis do you consider a news reporter to be any of these things? Is it the content they speak of, the way they speak it, or their personal beliefs of which they speak?

I honestly feel the content that Jones speaks of would change the way people see the world if true, even if he says them with such spirited vigor. Drunken or not, no one character should be attacked for how we gets the word out unless he forcefully makes people watch his broadcast. Lastly, all news reporters have a bias, so whether or not Alex believes all his claims his only job as a news reporter should be that he brings the situations up for discussion.
>>
>>133025969
From the clips i've seen of him he is not professional, quick to anger and sensationalist. His content is irrelevant in light of that, he should act like a professional if he wants to be taken seriously. Theres an interesting comparison to be made between trump and jones here since they have similar personas as do other presidential candidates and the reporters of the news networks that support them. But i digress, the issue is that jones will never appeal to moderates and without support from moderate conservatives it will lead to fracture of the conservative vote which will hurt the right, whilsts also inflaming the entirety of the left just as hysterical sjws did to the right over the last decade.
>>
>>133024857
Why does he bring up genespliced experiments in his adres to the media after his divorce court case? Either he has no timing, wants to be sensational or is disinfo. When confronted with who controlled Hollywood he replied with "the arabs". Come on man, what a joke.
>>
File: census.png (92KB, 689x436px) Image search: [Google]
census.png
92KB, 689x436px
>>133022673
Whites in the US will be a minority by 2040
>>
>>133026816
>professional

I like to think that even in the field of news reporting that is an openly subjective term since, as you say, all news reporters have their own persona.

>alienating moderate voters

Can definately agree. Republicans who show even a sliver of decency to democrat politicians like John McCain famously did to Obama through the 2012 election get vehemently berated by Alex as being in bed with the deep state and globalist agenda. As a guy who voted for Kasich under the platform that America's poltical divide could heal through negotiations and understanding it is hard to want to crucify the left just because they have different political views. Jones always brings up this era as being on the cusp of civil war but demonizes leftist politicians to a degree where his passionate listeners start seeding a deep hatred for them, becoming more a broadcast that panders by attacking the opposition than discussing positive means to raise their own platform.

>>133027081

Have to agree on this as well. Every time he mentions gene splicing/chimera ordeal he brings up the fact that this is info he has known for years. I think it was just strategic timing on his end to bring the discussion away from his custody battle, or quite possibly to defend his character after it being called into question as an act.

>>133027455

As frightening as that statement sounds I think everyone knows it by now. The discussion should be how whites can curve the census graphs in the later future.
>>
>>133029096
And that is the problem i see that is going to affect america greatly in the future. American society is heavily polarised right now, jones, cnn, fox pretty much all news outlets are guilty of contributing to this to some degree. My issue is this; did this polarization come about organically or has it been manufactured? Certainly at the moment it seems as if the divide is being stoked by certain groups online did the shills jump on the opportunity or are they simply following up on earlier work?
>>
>>133032952
>my issue is this, did this polarization come about organically or has it been manufactured?

I wouldnt be surprised if the shareholders of both Turner Broadcasting and 21st Century Fox had met to discuss the possibility of the huge sales increases that came from a highly divided America this election. I don't believe its a government operation but if it is then maybe CIA to document just how split a country has to become to be a year away from Civil War.
>>
>>133034032
There is some truth to news networks working towards getting trump elected. I remember seeing a video pre-election day, a right wing commentator was saying why are all the news outlets saying hillary is ahead in the polls when the polls show she only has a slight lead ecen though there is a massive democrat skew in terms of respondants. The worst offender was a poll showing a +16 democrat skew but hillary was only up by 4points. Now surely the major news networks actually knew this, all political correspondents know how polling works yet they were saying that hillary was winning when actually ahe wasn't. The effect this would have is firstly to pacify democrat voters, less would have turned out because they thought clinton had it in the bag, it would also have encouraged trump voters to go out as it looks like he's losing.

So did the mainstream media collude to increase trumps odds knowing more people would tune into the news for the next 4 years if trump won? It certainly seems like a move a dying industry would make.
>>
>>133035162

This seems very plausible but CNN's ratings are down more than ever. A re-run of Yogi bear got more viewership than its worst block. But you could attribute this to the newfound stigma of "fake news" that they didnt predict would turn on them prior to the veritas footage.
>>
>>133035162
Interesting premise, but I think you underestimate the amount of demoralization the media committed pre-election. "No path to victory", the tapes, the multiple politically-charged sexual assault cases, the "making fun of a disabled person", Hitler comparisons, etc. Many things matter more than polls, but the point of poll skewing was to demoralize Trump supporters. If he didn't have a strong base, he would have lost. You see, voter turnout was horrendously low on Nov 8. Hillary was unlikable from the start, but the media successfully made normies sick of Trump, disillusioned by both sides.

I agree that comedians probably like right-wingers more for they're career, because they can openly ridicule them and not other liberals.
>>
>>133035162
Also, anecdotal, but a lot of my friends that I would describe as conservative did not vote. They thought Trump was too brash or "not a true conservative", or just a mean person too attack-happy.
>>
>>133041036
>Also, anecdotal, but a lot of my friends (conservative) did not vote. They thought Trump was too brash

Another reason why I think the CNN propping Trump to win theory is bogus. Paul Ryan tried desperately to reach moral high-ground when he distanced himself from Trump at one of the post-tape rallies. It was a full weekend of asking popular conservatives if they would even vote following that tape.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.