[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is globalism possible?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: USE.png (8KB, 720x379px) Image search: [Google]
USE.png
8KB, 720x379px
I was reading about the possibility of colonizing Mars, and even if the technological and scientifical requirements were met, and we somehow had all the resources to carry out such a task, we would still have to face an even bigger obstacle: politics. Like every other large scale project, the efforts are usually international, so in the even of Mars colonization, who would own Mars/the colony?

Let's say the NASA (USA), ESA (Europe), ISRO (India) and JAXA (Japan), which, to my knowledge, are currently the most powerful and resourceful public space agencies in the world, carry out the series of missions that would begin Martian colonization with agencies like CERN participating too, which even has Chile and Turkey as observing members, not to mention the countless private corporations that would lend assist or sponsor the project. So... it is the year 21XX and the first settlement, The United States of Mars is founded, whose it is? Does it belong to humanity? To Earth? To the UN? Clearly this whole shilling for Martian colonization is a shameless attempt of globalist propaganda, I can see that just well, but do they have a point? Wouldn't it be much easier if the whole planet was under one government? Which begs the question:

Is globalism -i.e. One World Government- even possible to begin with? Can such an utopia be achieved?

>>
In space movies, series, books, games, etc., Earth is usually referred to as one entity, and the concept of nations has been proyected onto "planetary nations" where every planet has its own race/species, at the same time hinting that those planets have One Government too. (pic in OP is the most normie example I could find, from Futurama). Paying attention to this, it seems logical that the following step for humanity, before attempting to reach for the stars, is to completely "unify" Earth under a "benevolent" dictatorship, which to my regards, it is exactly what globalists are trying to do, perhaps out of stupid altruism rather than malice (>the road of hell is paved with good intentions, blah blah), contrary to what /pol/ believes.

I do believe, in turn, that nationalism hinders space exploration, but perhaps the latter isn't all that worthwhile after all and we should revert back to eco-nationalism... but that's a topic for another thread
>>
File: 1492415400478.jpg (47KB, 641x574px) Image search: [Google]
1492415400478.jpg
47KB, 641x574px
>>132972357
what about nationalism that consumes the earth and reaches a point where the next step is Mars? Can Russia be, dare I say it, /ourguy/ ?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.