[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you draw the line between individualism and collectivism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: bae.jpg (14KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
bae.jpg
14KB, 199x253px
Most people would agree that you don't want either complete anarchy or totalitarianism and central planning, but where do you draw the line between the two?
>>
File: NuremburgRally.jpg (142KB, 631x300px) Image search: [Google]
NuremburgRally.jpg
142KB, 631x300px
I am extremely collectivist and believe in public good over individual good or freedoms. I believe in publicly-funded free-to-use or subsidized alternative options in necessary markets which people need to live, like food, housing, and healthcare, as well as internet service, I believe that the nation matters more than the individual, I believe that each individual has an obligation to the nation that should include things such as mandatory military service among others, I believe that peoples' freedoms must be curtailed if they use them to become obese and thus incur more costs on the state and other people from the consequences of their actions, etc.
That being said I still believe that people should generally be free to choose things like what they buy with their untaxed income, who they get married or have sex with, what companies they buy things from, etc.
>>
>>132947638
This is a central problem I see within the "alt-right" so to speak.

Not to sure where to draw the line but I think the tradition of British Liberty is always a good place to start: A bottom-up society that is mostly self reliant (small, accountable government) with a small social safety net to help the truly disabled and incapable people of society.
>>
File: 1411564561599.jpg (2MB, 2000x2823px) Image search: [Google]
1411564561599.jpg
2MB, 2000x2823px
>>132948527
>believe in public good over individual good

The part I love best about you people. Is I don't have to work anymore, I can tuck my money away in cash, and live off of government benefits and my life savings while getting welfare bux. I just need to make some excuse about my back. And then I'm just living off of your wages till the end of my days.

Feelsgoodman.
>>
Please just no more career politicians.
>>
>>132949105
What makes you think I'd support that? I believe, for men at least, that joblessness should be punished or the government should basically create jobs for people who can't find them.
>>
>>132947638
>Can your organisation survive without someone's cock getting sucked?
Y: Individualist
N: Collectivist
>>
>>132949311
You say that. But a collective government has to take care of the less fortunate. I'll take all the subsidies and do shit all. I've put in my fair share of work. I don't need to work. I'll just get all that subsidized "Food, housing, healthcare, and internet service". It's easy enough to talk a doctor into doing it. That's why I hope individuals like you win at the end of the day. I love the free market. But I would much prefer to quit running my business and just skim off of everyone's labor instead of my employees. Lot less work for me in the long run.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.