[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my life plan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 8KdnWgUGTfeD9QrlPmiL_trump2.jpg (108KB, 1419x946px) Image search: [Google]
8KdnWgUGTfeD9QrlPmiL_trump2.jpg
108KB, 1419x946px
>Graduate from my college
>Join Army as an Officer
>Stay in the army for 3-4 years, hopefully making above 60,000 per year
>Leave the army after my 3-4 years are up
>get certified as a teacher
>become a teacher at some rural/suburban school that has a white majority demographic
>live comfy, while basically fucking around all day "teaching"
>reminder that teachers make 40,000-60,000 a year and work shorter days and get like 3 months off out of the year

Then, once I've saved up enough as a teacher, I'll open a side business/side job

>Either selling real estate
>opening a small restaurant/pub
>whatever other random shit i feel like doing

Basically, I'll put in 3 hard years with the army, get benefits/GI Bill/etc, and then I'll start my comfy life where i can focus on my family/interests.

The money wont be great, but i'll have an easy/stable job which gives me freedom to make business moves.
>>
Go National Guard or Air Guard after active. 20-40 years gets you some nice free checks once you retire. Plus it'll look good on your resume and get some connections going.
>>
>>132947075
ahh true. thanks anon.

Is national guard where you just have to go somewhere for a few weekends a year?
>>
>>132946522
yfw you realize that every job is easy/boring and the hard part is getting into the industry and convincing them to pay you
>>
>>132946522
>Join Army as an Officer

I don't know about America but here you need to be the cream of the crop to become an officer
>>
I'm a biology major thinking about med or PA school but still undecided. I was thinking about the military to pay my loans (not much, but they're there) and maybe get some experience and job options. However, someone studying medicine in the military sounds like it won't lead to many opportunities - or am i wrong about this?
>>
>>132946522
>Join Army as an Officer

First, it really depends on what your degree is and how good your grades are for that to even be a viable option, so if you're leaving college with some bullshit degree, even with good grades, its unlikely to happen

Second, try half that salary, army officers don't make over 40k until after you make captain, so 60k a year for 3-4 years simply won't happen
>>
>>132946522

not bad. i'm assuming the montgomery gi will pay for school expenses.

The side gig isn't easy when you work full time. Real Estate is very dependent on the economy and a restaurant isn't even a possibility unless you plan on devoting about 80% of your time to it. Consider driving an uber or picking up a bartending shift (my preferred side gigs)
>>
>>132947246
it's similar to the reserves, one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year for annual training. get some pog job and literally dick around during training dates
>>
>>132947246
Yeah. A day or three (usually two) once a month and two weeks a year. Deployment likely will happen once or twice in your career, but depending on what kind of unit your with you won't be in any real danger, and even less so than enlisted. Drill usually sucks, but it's an easy shit sandwich to eat and if teaching doesn't pan out you can always try to go Active Guard Reserve (AGR) which will be active pay with more benefits and you get to at least work close to home depending on where you can get a job.
>>
>>132947719
It's not going to get you in a major hospital, but going to school for further training (which you will need a Master's Degree if you ever want to reach O-5, or a Bachelor's for O-3) after will be much easier with the army paying a large chunk of the bill. Keep in mind though, officers can be activated if the time is needed. You can't be some 20 year enlisted who's out for good.
>>
>Graduate from my college
>Join Army as an Officer
>Leave the army after my 3-4 years are up

OP STOP EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW.

Being a junior officer in today's military will change you and probably not in a way that you'll like. The stress is enormous, the responsibility is enormous, but you don't get the authority to actually make decisions, especially in the Army. I did college and joined the Navy via OCS, but I don't recommend it to anyone unless they really like bureaucratic nonsense and have an IQ between 100 and 115. Anything higher than 115 and you'll just be tormented non-stop by all the bullshit. Additionally, after joining, you can only REQUEST to resign your commission. It's not like enlisting. The military very well could come back and say no and you have to keep serving. This happened to a supply officer I shared a stateroom with. He got fed up and dropped his papers and they extended his tour another 2 years because "they didn't have anyone to fill his billet until then".

DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY FOR MONEY/BENEFITS. You won't get what you want and you'll just make the military that much worse, because your part of it WON'T be focused one hundred percent on doing the best job for the military and the nation that you could. We have enough officers in already not doing the best they can and just coasting and everything around them deteriorates.
>>
>>132948092
First, it really depends on what your degree is and how good your grades are for that to even be a viable option

No shit, retard

>Second, try half that salary, army officers don't make over 40k until after you make captain, so 60k a year for 3-4 years simply won't happen

This is false. 60,000 may be pushing it, but 50,000 is definitely realistic. (I have a brother in the army who went to westpoint)
>>
>>132947549
In America, you just need to have a 4 year degree and pass basic.
>>
>>132947075
>20-40 year plan to get a nice resume

Mmmmmmmk.
>>
>>132949201

This. All the army /pol/acks on here try to act like becoming an officer is harder than getting hired by Blackstone Group.

If you're a smart, fit, healthy kid with a college degree, you can become an officer.
>>
>>132949441
Getting a reserve officer position is easy and they practically hand it out to everyone, getting active duty and being full time is a lot harder though and the roles are limited.

Just become a cop instead you can make the same money depending on the city and its a lot easier to become one (better job too).
>>
>>132949441
You need a 3.0 GPA to get accepted to officer school if you don't go through ROTC or an academy.
>>
>fighting for israel
>>
File: seven periods with gormsby.jpg (23KB, 226x320px) Image search: [Google]
seven periods with gormsby.jpg
23KB, 226x320px
Anon,

Im a teaching in Australia. Three months off a year plus 80 000 Aus Dollars (goes up to 100,000 aus for simple classroom teacher - way more if you are a head of department or leadership).

It's the life! I'm on holidays now. Just find a good school. I work at an all boys catholic school with white majority. It's a breeze plus actually fun red-pilling kids.

Do join the army as well. It will give you kudos at school and help you with disciple.
>>
>>132946522
Great idea, but grade school teachers don't make nearly that much.

The good thing abut the military experience are the benefits after you leave and get older.
>>
Teacher here. If you honestly think that's what teaching is like you're going to get eaten alive :)
>>
>>132946522
have you thought about the USAF?
>>
>>132950783

dude teaching is easy
>>
>>132950496
my sister is a kindergarten teacher and started off making 42,000
>>
>>132951253
yeah seriously.

I don't understand why everyone tries to act like their professions are so hard
>>
>>132946522
Your brother should've told you how contracts work. The shortest ENLISTED contract is 4 years active duty, 4 years Inactive Ready Reserve, the other 6 years AD 2 years IRR. If enlisted is on the hook so long, wtf makes you think you can get out at 3-4? To the contrary, officers are obligated to a 10 year service commitment. It is only AFTER that 10 years that you may resign at any time. It takes a whole hell of a lot of points, mostly from combat, to be able to resign any sooner. The only way you're getting out at 3-4 years as an officer, assuming you're even selected and make it through OCS, is to do something stupid and get yourself kicked out - but then, your separation won't be honorable. If you get a general discharge, your post-service benefits go away, to include MGIB and any VA disability benis. If you get a dishonorable, well there goes any chance at a decent, respectable life in the first or second world. Enjoy doing illegal activities and/or living in the third world, only places a dishonorable can get by. Additionally, there's not a whole lot of benefits post-service. You get 6 months of TRICare prime before needing your own insurance, there's no "severance" or retirement pay for anything less than 19 years of service (20 is standard), the new TSP will allow you to exit with some money, but not much after only 4 years. The VA only covers you for things if you have disability, so you better get hearing damage/vertigo/fucked hip/fucked spine/PTSD/other mental illnesses real quick. Montgomery GI Bill is the only non-disability benefit a non-retiree veteran takes that lasts for more than 2 years. And good luck with the teaching bit. Rural and "suburban" schools are usually full up in regards to teaching positions. It could be 5-10 years before you see an opening in a desired location.
>>
>>132949010
Enlisted don't get to send in a 2 week notice either, FYI. Officers have far more opportunity to separate. Enlisted are forced to stay in no matter what for the length of their AD commitment. Pretty much only way to get out is to be kicked out. Medical, administrative, PT failure, etc. Most are less than honorable. There is one option, a hardship separation, but it's exceedingly rare to be approved. Only upside to enlisted over officer is that once your contract (4 years AD 4 years IRR or 6 years AD 2 years IRR) is over, you can't be recalled back in, even in the event of a draft. Officers can be recalled at any time in their life so long as they are still healthy enough to serve.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.