[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did this man cuck China out of great civilization?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: confucius say.jpg (315KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
confucius say.jpg
315KB, 1200x1200px
Confucius believed that men in a culture would grow better and worse in a great cycle, but seemed to stubbornly believe that ultimately no social or technological progress would ever be made.

If not for him, would China have advanced?
>>
File: fear.png (305KB, 634x500px) Image search: [Google]
fear.png
305KB, 634x500px
During times of peace, China was able to innovate with inventions like paper, mechanical computers and countless other things.

But the repeated, apocalyptic ravagings of China throughout history would have marked it with fear-based ultra conservatism regardless of ideology.
>>
>>132941318
Confucius say slitty eyes have slitty pussy
>>
>>132942080
I always wondered if Chinese people were deeply affected by all the genocide, famine, disaster, disease and war. Like, they eat just about anything, cat, dog, insects; it's as if they descended from a bunch of people struggling to get by, so they resorted to eating animals no other culture would.

Also the general behaviour of Chinese people is extremely self centered despite being a collectivist society; reminds me of a quote about the Russian famine which said that only the bad people who were willing to steal and cannibalise survived.
>>
>>132941318
Perhaps, but that's only theoretical. What's historical is that China was savagely conquered and raped by foreign barbarians numerous times for 2000 or so years following the demise of the Han dynasty. Each time China got conquered, China got set back quite a bit. Considering how often China got conquered, it's hard to imagine the scale of death, rape, massacre, and carnage that went on in the most populous country in the world. Once you can fathom that, it's kinda understandable why the Chinese have such a nonchalant attitude toward human life. All the repeated rapes by the cruel and uncultured barbarians probably left a giant mark in the Chinese DNA as well.
>>
The idea of cyclical civilization has been brought up by other smart people as well. Ibn kaldun and Spengler comes to mind. History shows that this view is correct.

Don't buy into the progressive view of the linear progression of history.
>>
File: 1370070[1].jpg (61KB, 700x534px) Image search: [Google]
1370070[1].jpg
61KB, 700x534px
>>132943086
Maybe. But genocide, famine and disaster are still within the living memory of Chinese people.

Mao realized that civilization was cyclical (being aware of Chinese history, how could he not?), which is why he actively tried to destroy history and traditional culture.

In this effort, he was largely successful.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWSt6h2HjQ4
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.