[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Military Service Be Mandatory For All US Citizens?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: troops.jpg (113KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
troops.jpg
113KB, 690x388px
I've done a lot of thinking about it, and I can see this as nothing other than a positive (yes, there are negatives, but I feel these are outweighed by the benefits).

>Those in military service are much more likely to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Yes, I understand not all service members are healthy, but to say it's not more likely for a military service member to be fit than a civilian is garbage.

>It would teach our young adults self-discipline, respect, and how to be around others.
Lack of self-discipline and other social skills is a plague upon not just the US, but all of the West. When you are in the military, you HAVE to be in close proximity to others, and this will force people to learn how to interact with other living people since they won't just be allowed to zone out on their phone and shit all the time.

>It could teach many (not all) members valuable career skills.
Not everyone in the military is a grunt/infantry type person. There are cooks, mechanics, truck drivers, IT people, and so many other jobs that a person could be involved in and it would be a great jumping off point for young people to get experience in a field and start a career when they return to civilian life.

>It would likely make more people patriotic/nationalistic
I imagine that when you spend a portion of your life in service of your country, there's a good chance it makes you love your country and want to do what's best for it and your people.

I'm not talking anything crazy. Something like 2 or 3 years of compulsory service after high school/when a person hits 18.

I know there are posters from some countries that do this. Do those of you from such places think it was/is a positive experience overall? And what are the downsides? Obviously it can't be very fun being told you HAVE to do something like spend a couple years in the military, but there has to be some benefits as well.
>>
File: americanflag.png (3KB, 300x158px) Image search: [Google]
americanflag.png
3KB, 300x158px
>>132937263
What do my fellow burgers think? Is this something you'd support? Are you against it? And why do you feel that way?
>>
>>132937263
bump
>>
File: Jews 57.jpg (108KB, 382x497px) Image search: [Google]
Jews 57.jpg
108KB, 382x497px
>Should ZOG Service be mandatory for all US Citizens
>>
Mandatory service is good for the reasons you listed and more, but if the US implemented it you'd literally be sending all your young men to die for Schlomo. Bad fucking idea.
>>
File: 1499476830019.png (170KB, 994x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1499476830019.png
170KB, 994x1042px
>>132937263
We spend enough on our volunteer military as is, trying to afford that same standard at a much higher quantity is unthinkable. I know personally that the Army already gives the boot to anyone the remotely has issues during training, so I can imagine that the level of scrutiny would be even higher.

Mandatory service works for countries with low populations, but not so much for countries like us.

However, I still support having the SSA be able to be enacted in times of emergency.
>>
>>132937263
No.

The military is zog owned and operated and nobody should be subject to that, especially against their will.
>>
>>132937263
No. They also shouldn't use the contract system. You should be able to quit at any time and you should be encouraged to do so.
>>
>>132942988
anything important is already done like that within the DoD
>>
>>132937263
If the children of the elites are not exempted from being conscripted, they are likely to think twice about their petrodollar wars.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.