[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think religion is good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: wait-good-point_o_1144675.jpg (118KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
wait-good-point_o_1144675.jpg
118KB, 640x468px
Why do you think religion is good?
>>
It placates the idiot masses who can't think for themselves. Go ahead and post a fedora meme to prove my point, brainlets
>>
>>132897457
It's not
>>
the greatest absolute is stupidity itself: the fact that the logical consequence of "variety" is superiority and inferiority

there has to be structure for the animals and slaves that would exist in any hypothetical organized social structure

the core question is not the validity of this inevitable structure, but the presence and activity of God himself, Where is he, and have you actually looked?
>>
>>132897457

>All religions are the same as the three major monotheistic Abrahamic religions.
>There are no other forms of religion or beliefs.

Right off the gate your argument is shit because it's just a strawman.

t. Gnostic Atheist.
>>
>>132897457
>you need a justification to kill an adulterer
>>
>>132897457
Even organized religion is better than moral relativism and godless degeneracy
>>
Superstition will always supercede rationality. Fear of the unknown is a natural occurrence because it's a survival mechanism. Religion and spirituality were meant to fill the void of fear of death, the ultimate unknown. The only problem is people allow themselves to be led around by their fear like a dog on a leash if they aren't careful.
>>
>>132897457
No
>>
moral relativism is a logical fallacy

god is real

the commies are jews

op is a faggot
>>
It's a powerful tool in cracking down on degeneracy and maintaining a strong family unit.
>>
>>132898489
equally crazy shit from every religion.
>>
>>132898885
>>132898080
>>132897622
>>132897610
When will you idiots realize that all religion needs to be prevented in public areas? Religion has no part in our humanity and just creates useless goals such as building fairy temples, creating annoying people, and drops the IQ of countries, in addition to creating antiquated cultures and traditions.
>>
>>132897457

>He thinks god is a person

>>Lit
>>
>>132899271
Degeneracy is subjective. The family unit is antiquated and primitive.
>>
>>132897457
Religion helped societies to form, helped civilization to form, without it we wouldn't be where we are today.
That said, we no longer need it, it's counter-productive.
>>
(((>>132899428)))
>>
If anything, we should push for furthering the agenda of banning religion and implementing atheism as the only form of rational thought in regards to theism in our countries. People in the past have warned us about religion and it's addictive properties, thus has caused the death of many, and has lead to more wars because people cannot think rationally.
>>
>>132899560
Thank you for refuting me you idiot.
>>
File: Crusades lol.jpg (147KB, 1584x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Crusades lol.jpg
147KB, 1584x1584px
>>132899279

>Equally crazy.

Nah.
>>
File: Classical_Theism.png (76KB, 1508x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Classical_Theism.png
76KB, 1508x1133px
Pic related. Shoot again now.
>>
>>132899491
Although it didn't, that like saying we wouldn't have what we do today because of religion, that is just bullshit. Everything that we have exist because HUMANS decided to make them, their fairy magical jebus wizard didn't magically make them build stuff.
>>
>>132899312
>I don't understand something so we should ban it.
You sound exactly like a deeply religious person who thinks they have it all figured out and you don't even know it.
>>
(((>>132899691)))
>>
>>132899853
did god create the devil (evils)
yes or no
>>
>>132897610
Pretty much this. Religion offers firm and simple moral code which has an overall positive effect on society, because of it's "divine" properties.
Not everyone is intelligent as fuck AND educated on top of that. Such persons are not even 10% of any society. Ideologies that low-key want to replace religion are made by that group of people for that group of people, totally ignoring the masses.
But obviously church must be controlled by the state, though not openly.
>>
>>132897457
I guess you could aay the tol right one but the bottom right no
>>
>>132899995
Except that unlike a religious person, I'm driven by scientific advancements and not idiocy. There's plenty of data to show that all religions are bad. Many wars would have been pevented if religions didn't exist, especially christianity, it even stopped scientific advancements with the dark ages.
>>
File: IMG_0878.gif (310KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0878.gif
310KB, 320x180px
>>132897457
Religion is the only sensible way to make sense of the world.

Materialist fools are either indoctrinated, or have some form of cognitive dysfunction, I believe. How else could you explain a refusal to believe in the phenomenologically obvious!
>>
>>132899312
>commie talking about low IQ
>>
>>132900159
Although it doesn't have any positive effects, that is mere speculation.
>>
>>132900325
Can you idiots even refute my points? This board just proves the idiocy of religious people.
>>
>>132899921
It made them more organised. It made them more moral. Even today some people claim to be good people only because of religion.
>>
File: 1324013248129348123172.jpg (1MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1324013248129348123172.jpg
1MB, 4320x3240px
>>132897457
Does anyone have arguments against why you shouldn't follow Shinto?

I'm agnostic/atheist but I have great admiration for this specific religion
>>
>>132897457

Yes, compare the godless nations of our time, or the soviet union on a moral or societal stand point with the religious nations of the last century.
>>
>>132900351
It does man. The fear of "divine" punishment is a powerful tool, present in majority of religions.
As a side note communism becomes a form of religion when you dilute it down to the masses. But not as effective as experience has shown.
>>
>>132899312
Protestant work ethics had a huge impact on the prosperity of some countries.
>>
>>132900462
Follow whatever you want. We are talking about groups, at least I am.
>>
(((>>132900407)))
I agree with you on the religious aspect but you're a rat jew commi talking about observance of natural order, science and progress. That's NS ideology
>>
>>132899312

>Muh Secularism meme
>Antiquated cultures and traditions

If I wanted to read commie drible I could always open the unholy scriptures of Karl Marx.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1386x4653px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1386x4653px
>>132900235
>would have stopped wars
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you realize they qould have went to war anyways they just use religion as a justification. And the 2 world ears had nothing to do with religion

>Muh dark ages
pic
>>
>>132900407
Because you didn't give an arguement
>>
>>132900610
I know, but what I'm specifically asking is if someone has any negative facts about shinto, many people dislike islam and christianism and point out their respective flaws, I'd like to know some shinto flaws if there's any, by that I mean bad social impact for following the religion, not flaws in the manuscripts of the religion itself
>>
>>132900235
If you have to wait until technology proves that spirituality has a purpose that's fine with me. I already said that organized religions were preying on people's fear of the unknown which is of course a bad thing.
>>
>>132900959
My knowledge of Shinto is scarce, but from what I know it's a very "light" religion, it's basically respect for ancestors and such stuff, kinda like a remnant of paganism. Many Japanese are both Shinto and Buddhist. Religion there is quite different from our perception of religion.
>>
File: _atheism_.jpg (60KB, 712x557px) Image search: [Google]
_atheism_.jpg
60KB, 712x557px
>>132897457
>why is religion good
Because Atheism makes it look good.
>>
>>132900156
Yes. Polarity. Evil must exist for good to exist.
>>
>>132900156
Loaded question.

>Did God create the devil
Devil as in Satan/ Lucifer then yes as a servant angel of the heavens.
>Did God create the evils
Confusing question are you saying did God create the concept of evil as in the functional ability to identify right from wrong? Or you saying did God create specifically what you perceive to be evil? Or are you saying did God specifically create the evil acts that you or somebody else will perpetuate?

Yes God did create evil in the sense of being able to distinguish good from evil. But no in the sense that God did not create the specific evil that you perceive to be evil, that is the act of the person who committed the evil acts. The fact God created the tools to do both good and evil does not mean he created the evil. It would be like blaming telephone companies for criminals who use telephones.
>>
File: 1481844836733.jpg (252KB, 553x1758px) Image search: [Google]
1481844836733.jpg
252KB, 553x1758px
>>132897457
There is no morality without religion. If you are atheist and don't follow anarcho-egoism you are retarded.
>>
>>132897457
Also, all materialists and atheists should be purged. Those who can not fathom the immortality of the human soul, and the divine providence of love and passion, who disregard tradition and family for momentary pleasures at the expense of themselves and their larger community, are the destroyers of civilization.
>>
>>132904185
>>132904753
>Heaven - no evils, no devil, no suffering
>God knows the future and outcome of our existence yet watches on.
>God intervenes through miracles, God set into effect a predestined outcome yet claims there's "free will"
I don't even know where to begin with the contradictions regarding why things are they way they are with the supposed existence of "all powerful, all loving" dieties.

it's a logical question, if *you* (anons) are all powerful, would you eliminate the devil/evil/sins/suffering? Yes or no..
>>
>>132906435
>logical contradictions
If Free Will is to be guaranteed their is no reason an appeal to God for Divine Intervention isn't an act of Free Will. The outcomes are known that is why they are predestined, they are not predestined because you are forced into a forgone conclusion, you still need the requisite causation and intention to come about before you arrive at that forgone conclusion, that is the Free Will that we are granted.

As for miracles, there is nothing illogical or that should preclude a person of their own Free Will requesting divine intervention and for the Divine being to then intervene.

But it isn't a logical question, you've asked again a loaded question that has many parts and therefore many answers. What do you mean devil/evil/sins/suffering?

Appealing to my immediate desire to eliminate suffering and evil does not preclude nor is it a logical argument against an actual all powerful being on how they should act in determining when or how they are to eliminate evil and suffering.

But the answer is yes. Though it is of little worth since we would not know if my approach would be the most logical or most consistent with preserving Free Will.
>>
>>132905493
Morality is just a mechanism to maintain stability in a society through a standarized set of psychological norms.
He who benefits more from the status quo benefits more from mantaining morality. Usually it's the King and nobles with the help of religious leaders or the financial elites with the help of the media.
>>
>>132907968
>what do you mean by no devil, suffering, evil etc in Heaven
sorry, it was in reference to my previous question of why a deity would create his own beloved creation's (Humans) nemesis . the devil, suffering etc. I was suggesting that the devil is not a factor in all places so why did God decide to create and then give free reign over his "beloved" creation.
It makes no logical sense, I would never allow a devil like person near my children under any circumstance. it's literally as simple as this, you can't have something in existence that is against the wishes of an all powerful contradicting force (God). It's like matter and anti matter.. the instant they meet they eliminate each other. If God is against evil and sin, then the devil would logically not exist.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.