[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archipelago Earth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Would the world be a better place in general if it were broken up into thousands of Britain and Japan sized islands?
>>
>>132894498
Have you been playing civ again?
>>
>>132894498
Yes, or even smaller.

I want world full of city states with varying ideologies that are free to accept only those immigrants of their choice. Let ideologies compete.
>>
Climate

The climate would be more desirable, moderated by the high heat capacity of the many inland seas. There would be no miserable continental climates of sweltering summers and murderous winters. Deserts would be rare due to warm shallow seas putting a lot of moisture into the air.
>>
Society

Empires would always be a problem however the many uniformly moderate sized islands would create a logical level at which to differentiate the world into separate legal and sovereign entities. In other words Archipelago Earth would lend itself to the formation of nation states, which is largely accepted today as ideal relative to either relative lawlessness or empire.
>>
>>132894498
stupid.
>>
The mos desired territory would be that ring of islands, everyone would fight over it. Rule that rule the world.. In fact I believe this map would be more bloody than the current one.
>>
>>132898251
Anon, that's not an image of a planet. That's a bunch of island condos.
>>
>>132898251
the islands in pic-related actually exists in Dubai. Look on google maps (Satellite)
>>
>>132894660
Ya beat me to it, Greece.
Question: six games so far and the AI STILL can't fight a proper naval war. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>132894498
No.

Weather would be awful for everything and everyone.
Farming would hardly sustain a moderate population.
Naval government would rule the world.
Electronics would be extremely expensive.
War would be a lot more brutal as it'd be navy-orientated thus resulting in much more casualties and expense, if you think this would discourage war you do not know people.
>>
>>132898598
>>132898867
I'm talking about if that was planet sized, not in a literal sense.
>>
>>132899148
Wrong
Wrong
So?
Wrong
Are you fucking high?
>>
File: 1495077757229.jpg (178KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495077757229.jpg
178KB, 667x1000px
>>132898598
>>132898867
The OP was vague enough to make it out as though the image was the basis of conversation.
My leafy friend >>132898251 did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1498687116841.gif (1015KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1498687116841.gif
1015KB, 200x150px
>>132899329
Not an argument. Sage
>>
>>132899215
Are you going to start ranting about how blue is the best color now because the image is mostly blue? Stay on topic. If you want to discuss the effect island positioning would have on such a world then have at it, but speak in generalities because discussing one orientation out of the virtually infinite layouts is retarded and methodically going through different types of layouts would be a waste of time.
>>
>>132899596
A claim without evidence or argument can be disregarded without evidence or argument, you fucking retard.
>>
>>132894498
Mexico is still too close
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.