[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Andrew Jackson

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: andrew jackson.jpg (78KB, 844x1024px) Image search: [Google]
andrew jackson.jpg
78KB, 844x1024px
What does /pol/ think of this guy? I think he sounds pretty fucking cool.

1) He got offended by a guy who dissed him in a newspaper. So he challenged that guy to a duel. The opponent was known for having great aim. So Jackson let him go first, believing that the speed of having to draw quickly might make his aim a little worse. The guy hit Jackson right in the chest - the bullet was so close to his heart that it was never removed because it would have killed him. Under the rules of duelling, the opponent then had to stand still while Jackson returned a shot. He took his time, aimed for the head, and killed the man.

His reputation was damaged by this affair - people saw the duel as irresponsible and reckless, and akin to cold-blooded murder by Jackson. But he eventually rebuilt his reputation.

2) He was a plantation owner. He bought his first slave when he was young, then built up a huge army of slaves (150 - 300 depending on estimates) to pick cotton and other crops, and make him loads of money. He disciplined his slaves but was known as being quite humane for the time - he fed them well, and allowed the women to have children.

3) In 1813 he led troops who took areas of Indian territory by force. Just took their land. Forced them out. Pretty fucking alpha. His belief in Americans taking territory from the Indians was further enshrined when he was President, in 1830, when he signed the Indian Removal Act, which ordered the forceful removal of Indians from their lands in the Southern US.

4) In 1815, he led the American troops against the British in the Battle of New Orleans, an utterly decisive victory for the Americans which fought off a British attempt to take the port city.

Basically he sounds like a fucking cool guy.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.