[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you pray? What do you think of prayer?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1406206973143.jpg (283KB, 1600x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1406206973143.jpg
283KB, 1600x1412px
I'm more and more interested about the effect of the mind on defining your reality.

Prayer seems to be the key. No wonder all religions have it.

What do you think of it? Also, did you connect it with synchronicities studied by Carl Jung?
>>
>>132873489
I pray in the morning and all during the day. At night i try to get alone with God for at least 20 or 30 min. When you really submit yourself to the Lord and just open up and talk to Him, you would be amazed on how uplifting you can feel. God wants to hear from us, that is my honest opinion
>>
>>132873959
very interesting. Do you feel it had impact (positive) on your life?
>>
>>132873489
Cx
>>
>>132874151
what re you trying to say?
>>
>>132874604
its jouissance

"ascetic priests" working hard to assemble the masses and lead them to carnage in order to satisfy by their sacrifice the jouissance of some obscure Moloch.

moloch loves on pleasurable-painful horror-in-bliss (or blissful horror) of jouissance (it is usually translated simply as enjoyment)

sacrifice are actually the way we reorganize our life in order to continue to derive a secret enjoyment from something that consciously causes us suffering, pain, or revulsion. Symptoms/sacrifice are repetitious, ritualistic acts that attempt to manage this contradiction.

this is seen in ritual sacrifice and the synchronicity involved

this relates to archetypes and synchronicity

it was rather the unacceptable mix of horror, guilt, giddy excitement, and awe—the way we derive enjoyment from tragedy, which cannot be consciously acknowledged—that carried that psi signal. Lacanian psychoanalysis calls it jouissance.

pleasurable-painful horror-in-bliss (or blissful horror) of jouissance—it is usually translated simply as enjoyment

Symptoms are actually the way we reorganize our life in order to continue to derive a secret enjoyment from something that consciously causes us suffering, pain, or revulsion. Symptoms are repetitious, ritualistic acts that attempt to manage this contradiction

Jouissance, the secret painful enjoyment at the dark heart of our symptoms, is the “only substance acknowledged by psychoanalysis,” according to Žižek.
>>
>>132873489
Erratically, but I will generally pray to God in Jesus' name about once a day. No routine, but if nothing else, I make a simple effort to be thankful.

>I'm more and more interested about the effect of the mind on defining your reality.

>Prayer seems to be the key.
But yeah, this is pretty much the heart of it. God is want for nothing. There's no room for making deals. Can't give God anything, but God has everything to give. Put yourself aside and ask for others. He'll usually oblige. Put yourself aside, and ask to BE who He has in mind? Hold on to your butt. He won't change, but you sure will, and you'll change on His timeline.

I went from pessimistic and suicidal non-believer, to optimistic and thankful for life, even to seeing genuine goodness in fathering children/family. Sure, chronic pain that drove me toward suicide in the past is still present, and in some ways worse - but it's practically a game at this point. Not be virtue of anything I have done to change. Rather by virtue of God's work in me. Don't know what else He has in store, but it would be nonsense to assume He's done with me.

So back to prayer. I don't really ask in 'prayer' for myself any more. When I pray is it typically in regard to someone else apparently in need. Everything else is more like a conversation with someone in the room.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.