[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I read anout the true history of Native Americans?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8100.png (435KB, 719x548px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8100.png
435KB, 719x548px
Where can I read anout the true history of Native Americans? Where does the meme come from, that they were peace loving hippies that we're all good until whites came and slaughtered them?
>>
https://youtu.be/K84c7NlZzno
Here you go bro
>>
>>132829634
Thanks anon
>>
book of mormon
God put them there 6000 years ago
>>
>>132829467
Book: "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee", available at any public libray or Amazon. It is really, really something. A must read for that topic. I hope you look into it

The Meme: from an old 1970's commercial. a public service anti-littering commercial. This is a screen shot of the Native American at the end when he's looking at a polluted and littered stream. It's on YouTube, search "1970s indian littering commercial"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Suu84khNGY
>>
>>132829467

Read the "Jesuit Relations", a series of books written by the earliest Catholic missionaries in Canada (some of the later ones also went down the Mississippi as far as New Orleans). They have many complimentary things to say about the Natives so it's not as if they have an axe to grind, but they're pretty honest about the drawbacks of the pre-Columbian native way of life as well. You can find most of this online for free at archive.org.
>>
>>132829467
>where does the meme come from
The same (((People))) who say Jamal bin Mohammed al Tyrone dindu nuffin.
>>
File: B2AVI.jpg (236KB, 1413x699px) Image search: [Google]
B2AVI.jpg
236KB, 1413x699px
>>132829916
Native Americans share mitochondrial ancestry from original inhabitants of the Korean Peninsula

Just at Central Americans share that with Southeast Asians

I love this board but sometimes wish it would unfuck itself and grow a brain
>>
>>132830022
The movie is pretty good also.
>>
>>132829467
>the true history of Native Americans
Fucking savages even kept slaves till the 1960's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZXY3dYzE0
>>
>>132829467
I always hear people complain how evil whitey tricked them out of land, but this actual Native tribe dude my mom was friends with always told me it wasn't so simple.
The Indians didn't believe in owning land like how Europeans did, so they were trying to rip off the whites just as much as the Europeans were doing the same.
Not to mention other times when the settlers would be bargaining and dealing with one tribe for the land, and it turns out it wasn't even their land to begin with and belonged to some entirely other tribe, so not only did they rip whitey off, but ripped off the other tribe too.
>>
>>132829467
>posts an Italian. again.
>>
>>132830643

Like most things, the truth is a lot more complicated than "they were a bunch of savages" or "they were peaceful people at one with nature until the white man showed up to ruin everything". Anyone who tries to offer these black and white interpretations of history is a moron.

Natives had lots of good points but they also went to war against each other all the time and plenty of them had a variety of ritualized tortures they would inflict on captured members of other tribes. I live in VA and some of the tribes in this region would basically get the whole village together and spend a few days torturing enemy captives to death.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captives_in_American_Indian_Wars
>Men and women captives as well as teenage boys, would usually face death by ritual torture.
>Common torture techniques included burning the captive, which was done one hot coal at a time, rather than the Hollywood-style firewood pyres; cutting with knives, beatings with switches or sticks, and jabs from sharp sticks. Prisoners' fingernails were ripped out. Their fingers were broken, then twisted and yanked by children. Captives were made to eat pieces of their own flesh, and were scalped alive. To make the torture last longer, the Native Americans would revive captives with rest periods during which time they were given food and water. Tortures typically began on the lower limbs, then gradually spread to the arms, then the torso. The Native Americans spoke of "caressing" the prisoners gently at first, which meant that the initial tortures were designed to cause pain, but only minimal bodily harm. By these means, the execution of a captive, especially an adult male, could take several days and nights.
>>
>>132832179
Also worth noting:

>In contrast to the Eastern Woodlands tribes, peoples of the Northwest Coast (encompassing the coastal regions of Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and southeastern Alaska), enslaved war captives. Slaves were traded and were a valuable commodity. More importantly, slaves were given as gifts during a potlatch ceremony to enhance the prestige of the gift giver. Slaves performed major economic roles in this region, and comprised a permanent social class and a significant proportion of the population.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.