[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arizona's Ban on Latinx Studies Heads to Court

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Why won't Americans stop discriminating against Latinx students?

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/arizona-mexican-american-studies-ban

>Students in Tuscon, Arizona are in the process of suing the state for its passing of a 2010 law that dismantled a Mexican-American studies program that had proven results in enhancing Latinx students’ academic performance. As The Huffington Post reported, U.S District Judge A. Wallace Tashima will hear arguments over the next two weeks regarding the 2010 law that Arizona’s lawyers have described as a necessary means of stifling the growing anti-white sentiment supposedly fueled by classes in Latinx history and studies. Jim Quinn, a lawyer representing the students, countered that "this was an innovative program... it was snuffed out for all the wrong reasons."

>The trial happening now in Tuscon is the culmination of an almost two-decades-long saga of Latinx students and teachers struggling to see themselves represented in their public school system. Beginning in the late 1990s, a collection of mostly Mexican-American teachers started working toward closing the achievement gap between the white and Latinx students in their district. Building on the historical examples of education used as a radical means of racial and ethnic uplift, the teachers decided to teach classes that featured writing by Mexican-American authors as well as classic texts from Mexican-American perspectives.
>>
i'm hispanic and i don't even understand this crazy shit. when I was growing up my grandparents never even said they were latino they were either spanish or american, the multitude of special labels are recent.
>>
>>132782883
Latin X? Is that like Malcolm X?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.