[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on climate change

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
Red pill me on climate change
>>
>>132760498
Almost certainly happening, the basic principles can be shown with the greenhouse effect.

The level by which it is happening is where people go crazy and think it's going to end the world (probably not)

Solutions proposed are retarded and would bankrupt our economy.

As a 4th year science student it pisses me off when people use muh 98% scientists as though that means anything, consensus in opinion doesn't mean shit, only consensus in data.
>>
renewables like solar panels and wind farms are a terrible source of energy. The Chinese have the right idea http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2716417/Could-moon-fuel-Earth-10-000-years-China-says-mining-helium-satellite-help-solve-worlds-energy-crisis.html
Also a carbon tax is a bad idea.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ew05sRDAcU
>>
File: 1469282556114.png (56KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469282556114.png
56KB, 225x225px
>>132761008
>>132761047
Thanks
>>
>>132761047

What manner of shit head logic is this.
>Helium-3 is valuable for fusion!
>Herp Derp, we have not invented fusion power yet! :(
>>
True redpill.

It won't matter because solar power will be cheap enough to power the whole world eventually. So we will be fine.

I say sell the oil, coal, and natural gas while it's still worth something
>>
It's all bullshit and you're a faggot for starting the 9999th concern thread about it.
The only thing better than using as much power as you need to live a fully civilised lifestyle is laughing at poor cunts who think that the group of (((merchant bankers))) who cooked up a scheme to market carbon credits as the next wave of debt ever gave a fuck about """ climate change"""
>>
>>132762214
Then funnel that money into political influence and industrialization so you can maintain a top economy when oil becomes worthless.
>>
>>132760498
if co2 levels fall below 150ppm, all plant life on earth will become extinct. we are currently at 400ppm. there is a crisis, but it's not that we need to burn less carbon, we need to burn more, much more, or we'll all die.
>>
>>132760498
autumn wont exist in a 100 years and we're all basically going to die
>>
>>132762709
>American Education
You do know that the planet already by default produces that much co2
>>
>>132760498
If it's real...There's nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>132763023
>French pessimism
What a surprise.
>>
>>132762864
>planet already by default produces that much co2
you don't sound very intelligent. during the last glacial maximum, co2 levels dropped to 180ppm, bringing life on earth perilously close to extinction. there is no default climate for earth, moron.
>>
>>132761008
>4th year science student

Is there a solution, science friendo?
>>
>>132764586
Depends, it's like the solution to war is just to nuke everyone and get rid of humanity. Similarly, the solutions proposed now are stopping fossil fuel use etc with no economically good alternative.

In the long run, we need to improve energy storage technology and make solar panels cheaper (as they already are). Also, fusion may be good if we can make it cost effective.
>>
>>132763544
optimism is a weakness
>>
File: U8480E3z.jpg (82KB, 1140x536px) Image search: [Google]
U8480E3z.jpg
82KB, 1140x536px
>>132764586
Sterilize Africa and Asia, use nuclear energy and most importantly: Focus on enviornmental destruction that is happening right now.
Many problems would solve themselfs, stop getting worse or at the very least slow down if rapid deforestation, overfishing and stupid agricultural practices would stop.
>>
>>132760498
Climate progress raises the CO2 levels in the air. Which leads to increased vegetative growth.

We will have a lusher, greener planet to enjoy.

Also the increased plant growth will bind any excess CO2 and prevent a (((greenhouse))) effect.
>>
It hasn't happened... yet

Revelation 16
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
>>
File: image.png (11KB, 495x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11KB, 495x460px
>>
Join /pol Discord jstNWCW
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.