[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't conservatives understand the greenhouse effect?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1495200707171.jpg (591KB, 1920x1031px)
1495200707171.jpg
591KB, 1920x1031px
Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

>Hi, do you believe in climate change?
>No, there's no way that humans are making it hotter the earth already goes through natural heating and cooling cycles!
>That's true but the greenhouse effect doesn't just add heat, it traps heat in the atmosphere by not allowing heat to dissipa-
>NOT MAN MADE! NOT MUH CLIMATE!
>but global heat levels are steadily rising and correlates to humanity using more natural gas. Sea leveling are rising, Arctic ice is melting at an unprecede-
>BUT IT SNOWED IN X STATE
>You're confusing climateand weather. Increases global temperatures can cause extreme weather patterns across the globe. Having snow in unusual places further confirms climate change theory.

At this point they're almost always end up with ad hom attacks and try to change topic. What makes this happen?
>>
>>132751688

Just fuck off with your lust for carbon taxing.
>>
I believe it has to do with one of two things. They have been so indoctrinated by their politicians, that are such big shills for coal companies, that they will defend the party even if their actions fly in the face of every bit of scientific evidence.

Or they're just fucking idiots.

Either option can be quite valid
>>
carbon dioxide is good for plants
ideally we should put as much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as possible while scrubbing actual pollutants out
>>
>>132752776
This, they don't even realize they have become shills for oil corporations at the expense of their own environment.
They literally do it for free
>>
>>132752776

What you faggots want is garbage, that is why people don't do it.
>>
>>132753059
>at the expense of their own environment.

What are you basing this off of?

It is just empty rhetoric.
>>
File: 1499137704281.jpg (160KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499137704281.jpg
160KB, 640x640px
>>132751688
I'll kill all of you in the name of a carbon tax. I guarantee you if a carbon tax is forced on America Obama is gonna die. Come at me secret service yall know its fucking true. Commie niggers gonna get commied.
>>
>>132753050
.....what?
>>
File: 1496636396794.gif (3MB, 365x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496636396794.gif
3MB, 365x600px
>>132753059
Fuck u faggot that nigger Obama tried to destroy all of our energy sectors in the name of the Paris climate treaty he wanted to force Americans to abide when the senate has to vote on that shit u dirty commie jigger. The entire left will be killed if they try to end American dominance via oil, coal, or natural gas. You guys can't end an industry and people jobs because you hate white people and want Elon musk to waste all your tax payer money so you can feel good at night when your electric car catches fire or drives you into an 18 wheeler for being white and having a family. Seriously you can't fuck with the oil industry or ill literal shoot you all in the head and laugh when exxon tells the police cia Fbi nsa private army and real armies to go fuck you in the ass.
>>
>>132751688
Why is every liberal a smug, faggy Colbert-wannabe right now?

>Conservatives don't believe in greenhouse effect.

So is carbon dioxide concentration a lagging, or leading variable?

If it's lagging then population growth and fossil fuel use (linked to pop. growth) would be causing it.

And population growth doesn't just hockey-stick up in perpetuity. It will collapse. And when that happens, Carbon dioxide concentrations will revert back to levels where they were previously.
>>
File: IMG_3987.jpg (76KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3987.jpg
76KB, 429x429px
>>132754308
I'm not sure you fully understand the implications of what you're asking. CO2 levels is a leading variable in that they are indicative of several feedback loops (Like ocean acidification) but also a lagging variable like you said because it is correlated to factors like industrialization and population growth. An issue like climate change is very dynamic, to the point that trying to put every variable in a clean little box is almost nonsensical.

While it is true that population growth doesn't just hockey stick forever, is would like to hear the logic behind your claim that it will actually crash. Models and demographic analysts currently argue that human population levels will plateau, not crash. And after they plateau at 18-20 billion people CO2 emissions will continue to rise for several more decades as multiple countries undergo their demographic transitions.

The end result is a world virtually devoid of biodiversity. Species that are able to survive only do it because humans genetically engineer them to withstand the harsher climatic conditions. But there's no reason to think the human population is due for a crash any time in the next several centuries.
>>
>>132751688
>1 post by this ID
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.