[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

African History

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1498604678861.jpg (27KB, 517x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498604678861.jpg
27KB, 517x800px
Hey /pol, first post on this board. I'm actually very curious about the history of the continent of Africa.
>inb4 uneducated Amerifag
Just a quick run down about the largest empires and the most useful inventions to come out of Africa (outside of Egypt, I know plenty about Egypy)
Pic unrelated
>>
>Egypy
Fuck ignore that I clearly meant Egypt
>>
The largest empires are egyptian (obviously) and the ethiopian empires. There was others and various city states but I don't recall there names and they were shitty.

Supposedly atlantis is somewhere near egypt as well but that's not conclusive or even real.
>>
>>132744059
Don't know how I forgot Ethiopia, thank you!
>>
As for inventions, nothing to spectacular aside from make-up, perfumes, spices, gold-smithing and crude mathematics.

Mesopotamia was where all the inventions started, they were the heavy lifters when it came to civilization.
>>
>>132744203
No worries, supposedly egyptians learned gold smithing from the atlantids but nobody is certain.
>>
>>132743844
They built everything
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw
>>
>>132743844
Took a bullshit course on this last semester because I had no other choice. They tried pulling the whole sob story but couldn't avoid talking about how they were so retarded to sell their own working-age people into slavery outside of the fucking continent.
Most of it is basically caveman tier until about the 1600s when the slave trade started.
>>
>>132743844
>Humans migrate from the great rift
>Sahara turns green and the population shifts to a prosperous hunting & fishing lifestyle
>Sahara dries up and human tribes scatter (some to North Africa, some to Sub-Saharan Africa).
>Nubia conquers Egypt and flourished for 100 years until Assyrians invade
>Bantu begin migrating from Cameroon
>Nubia moves deeper into Africa
>Axum rises from Red Sea trade
>Axum later conquers Nubia
>Axumites driven out eventually and 3 Christian Nubian kingdoms rise
>Ghana empire rises in west Africa
>Muslims invade Nubia and get BTFO twice
>Immigration and trade end Christianity, survivors flee south and push the Nilotic tribes of Southern Sudan into the rest of east Africa
>Ethiopia has dark age when pagan queen conquered them
>Pagan Ghana empire hits apex until sacking by Islamic fanatics assembled by jealous Muslim neighbors
>Swahililand rises
>Mali rises
>Hausa cities rise
>Kanem rises
>Bantu finally finish trek to South Africa
>Sahel kingdoms prosper until decline of trans Sahara trade
>Swahililand prospers and gets taken over by Persians & Arabs
>Kongo converts to Roman Catholicism
>Atlantic slave trade
>Fulani jihad begins in west Africa
>New Christian dynasty rises in Ethiopia
>Slave trade hits apex and strong kingdoms rise in guinea coast
>Colonization and resistance
>Modern stuff too complex for one post
>>
>>132744932
Nope.

Only the Pygmy and Khoisan were Stone Age past the Roman era. Everyone else herded and farmed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.