[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Seeking/ Employment woes 2017

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: m9a9yflS2D1ruzlbdo1_500.png (116KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
m9a9yflS2D1ruzlbdo1_500.png
116KB, 500x341px
Dealing with endless retarded online applications, HR bullshit, not getting the common decency of getting a reply back from an in person interview. Why is it in 2017 we still put up with this bullshit and act like these corporations are doing us a favor?
http://www.businessinsider.com/your-interview-at-this-startup-can-last-up-to-22-hours-2014-11#ixzz3QysAjBtI

There is no employee loyalty anymore and you can be fired at any time for any reason. The previous generation didn't have to put up with this, but now its almost accepted.
Its been so bad people are literally cucked into condition to accepting bullshit like providing work before you even get an offer and feeling grateful for it.
>>
>>132669588
Checked. Here's the archive.
https://archive.is/Ccqsl
>>
>filling out online applications
>literally every single fucking one is exactly the same, and 90% of the information they want is on my resume
I made a fucking resume for a reason, jesus christ.
>>
>Tfw job immediately out of college
>>
>>132669815
Worse here in Cuckanada cause they straight up ask "Are you a person from a visible minority?". Also got fired from my last job of a month so they can hire a girl and said girl knew one of the two managers of the place.

They said I "Just wasn't good enough" even though they were never clear on what they wanted me to do and was very disorganized.

Still though my mother keeps bitching on how lazy I am for not getting a job. I just walk away from her when she randomly bring it up when I'm talking about other things.
>>
>>132669588
>act like these corporations are doing us a favor
Hey dumb fuck, they are doing you a favor. They don't owe you shit. You were not good enough.
>>
I wanted to add the risk/reward of putting up with the current job seeking process vs starting your own business/self employment is worse being an employee.

Yes it true there is risk in starting up your own business but its less then if you went unemployed wasting time looking for a job.
>>
>>132671270
If that's true what favor are they doing? What am I getting out of spending my time filling out applications or going to interviews. Is my unpaid time worth less then company time? I mean in perspective I think time is money and that's pretty much how all business operates.
If you go to an in person interview and you don't get a yes or no call back that incredibly unacceptable behavior. That's your time spent for their benefit at no cost. You deserve the courtesy of a call back.

I was just listening on npr about this woman applying to be a teacher who was asked to submit a lesson plan to apply for the job. She didn't get the job but she found out later the school was using her lesson plan on their courses.

>>132669815
I don't even bother with those anymore if they ask for work history entered into individual forms. It's one thing to ask for that after contact has been made. Otherwise you are wasting time. Most of those online apps are data mines too and your info is sold to data brokers. It's a dirty little secret that's goes on in HR.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.