[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clarificiation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 4

File: 18lvwf9fvq716jpg.jpg (170KB, 800x1075px) Image search: [Google]
18lvwf9fvq716jpg.jpg
170KB, 800x1075px
There was a thread last night once again, seems like a weekly thing on the subject of the book Starship Troopers.

The final question I viewed before thread was archived was, do you have to be a voting class person to have a child? No, this was something that was put into the movie and the movie alone, as one of the characters states becoming a citizen increases the chances of being accepted for a pre pregnancy screening (allowing you to continue the process towards pregnancy).

In the book anyone can have a child, anyone. It just won't help your economic status as there is no welfare system for the non voting cast.
Picture if you will that everything is the same as capitalism, you can work your shitty job, you can be a millionaire and have every luxury.
This is no different in their word either, however the voting class does have benefits.
If you're poor and have another child and aren't a voter, you're just adding another mouth to feed and no one will help you, no food/medial/educational benefits exist.
If you're rich and aren't a voter, you may be paying full prices for medical operations, relocations for jobs, just in general it isn't easier.

While a poor person who is a voter would in theory get a basic income for each child, medical coverage, insuring that his family can continue to live. A rich person who is a voter is just that much richer.

You must understand that their society is based on who will and will not help their fellow man. While economic status still exist, a poor man who is a voter is held in higher regard than the richest of the rich who isn't a voter. Because that poor fellow gave back to humanity.

This is ideally the perfect utopian society, that could actually be achievable to some degree.
Sex, race, religion, culture, economics none of these matter in the face of the bigger question. Did you help contribute to your fellow mans progression?
cont next post-
>>
File: 18lvwf9fvw4d4jpg.jpg (51KB, 316x525px) Image search: [Google]
18lvwf9fvw4d4jpg.jpg
51KB, 316x525px
>>132635404
These contributions could be
>military service
>test subject for any test the government deems important enough for citizenship
>hard intense labor or jobs that are generally unlikeable or disgusting that no one else will do
>government work (in their world their is no economic benefit for working for the government, it's a lot of stress and the benefit is voting rights)
>doing something that would be considered a great benefit to humanity (see speculation)
Speculation-
There is no point in arguing any of these points are they are all pretty blandly described in the book, however we could hypothesize that in instances such as risking your life to save others, possibly giving your entire fortune to help humanity, and in general years of service to your fellow man in other ways could gain you your voting rights.

The entire system is what communism wishes it was, communism can not work in the real world as it implies that all humans are perfect and will act accordingly.
In ST world, by actually creating a more flawed system for the inequality of man, we've created a more perfect world.

Anyone who doesn't believe in this philosophy is a non voting coward. So what if you die? Your wife and family will benefit from your death for their entire existence.
>but I don't want to help humanity
and that's why you don't get the benefits of the voting class.
>>
File: feel2.jpg (11KB, 277x329px) Image search: [Google]
feel2.jpg
11KB, 277x329px
I enjoy the idea that all service is voluntary and the relatively free market but I find the whole global government idea concerning. What if I want to secede from the Federation?
>>
File: mfw11.jpg (22KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
mfw11.jpg
22KB, 432x288px
The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress had a better societal model but Starship Troopers was written better. But that's just my opinion. Both excellent books.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.