[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... What is the actual purpose of school

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: startetradavinci310.jpg (35KB, 310x357px) Image search: [Google]
startetradavinci310.jpg
35KB, 310x357px
In elementary school my grades were very poor because I couldn't care enough after my parents had a divorce. In highschool I decided to turn it around and was doing well in the first months of the semester until it started to sink. I was a little obnoxious and disrupted class a lot, challenging some of the curriculum at times. My principal calls me in and puts me in an "alternative studies class" AKA the class for junior criminals. I had to study math and history through kiddie textbooks in an isolated room. Undergraduated by 1 year and still needed 2 more classes to be completed in order for me to get my GED. In Canada you can't be in school when you're passed 19 years of age. My GED isn't even a GED, it's a equivalent called a dogwood. After school I realized I don't want to touch studies ever! I felt like a major dumbass and would never get away with doing anything with my life outside of a small time job as I get promoted; wasted goods so to speak. Fast forward even further and I am living in Japan only to come back because I didn't have a degree to stay. I realize how important a degree is so I jumped back in school.

>Try to upgrade my math; take math 11 class; fail it.
>Jumped straight into college; first semester; failed macroecon and intro to business.
>Second semester; academic probation; failing my political science course.

Talked to counsellors, they don't know how to fix my situation. Went to see a psychiatrist and right away wanted me to take ADD pills.

Finally, I jumped to the conclusion that my IQ is shit. Like I have to be as intelligent as a monkey... Went and took the Mensa test. I got my results with me being in the 90th percentile meaning I have an IQ between 118 to 120.

But why is it that I still fail in school?! Can someone please explain this or share some similar experiences?
>>
>90th percentile

has got to suck being a brainlet
>>
>>132632086
>But why is it that I still fail in school?!
Because you are a child who can't simply buckle down and do the work required to survive in schools.

Public schools are a fucking joke, that much is true, but your problem seems to stem from a lack of actually trying and blaming your surroundings for your own shortcomings.
>>
>>132632650
This is true. But it's so hard to stay interested and develop a passion for this stuff.
>>
>>132633240
It's almost like being forced to sit through 8 hours of non-engaging paperwork and extra hours of worthless after school work is mindnumbing and boring compared to taking initiative and learning what you're passionate on the internet without having to earn 6 $500 prerequisite credits or something.

Don't stay in school if you have any sense of work ethic.
>>
>>132634339
Yeah, I agree with you. It's not a big deal considering that the World Economy is going to crash soon. I currently am writing a state theory and am happy with what I have learned in college seeing as I wouldn't be able to find some information on the internet alone. Still, not worth the money I suppose.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.