[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great YouTube Conspiracy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: youtube.jpg (36KB, 624x404px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.jpg
36KB, 624x404px
I will keep making these threads every so often until I can get confirmation.

My hobby is, like that of many others, political shitposting on YouTube. I leave comments usually playing devil's advocate, which usually offend people, they reply back to me, I reply back to them, we create comment chains filled with semi-interesting content and many bantz.

Recently, I decided to create a second YouTube Channel (let's call this Channel B). This is pretty easy to do thanks to the overarching google+ account, and allows me to now switch between channels. To create a new account, when you're on youtube, look to the top right, click your avatar there, and click "add account".

So after this, what I immediately started noticing is that while I was on Channel B, in many cases comments of my Channel A were no longer visible in the same video's comment section while I was browsing as Channel B.

But if I switched back to Channel A, my comments were still visible.

THIS MEANS THEY ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO ME AND NOBODY ELSE!!! THIS IS CALLED GHOST-BANNING, WHERE THE PERSON BANNED DOESNT EVEN REALIZE HE IS BEING CENSORED.

I ran the test:

Step 1) Leave a comment on a video as Channel A
Step 2) Change comment section sort order to "newest first" and see if your Channel A's comment appears. Sure enough, it does.
Step 3) Switch to Channel B but stay on that video.
Step 4) Change comment section sort order to "newest first" and see if your Channel A's comment appears. It no longer does.
Step 5) As Channel B, leave a comment on that video as well. Obviously it appears.
Step 6) Switch to Channel A, stay on the video, change comment section sort order to "newest first" and lo and behold, your Channel B's comment still appears. This means your new Channel B's comments are not censored, but your Channel A is.
>>
>>132604880

It seems many of us have fallen victim to an elaborate kike system of next-level censorship where 90% of people don't even realize they are being censored. I used to think Youtube is the last bastion of free speech. I was wrong.

Now I know that channels that uploaded gross or hateful stuff were being shut down by youtube for violating their community guidelines. I also knew about videos that had disabled their comment section for everyone.

And I was also aware of comment removal on some videos by e.g. the video uploader. But I had never expected an algorithm to be slapped onto your channel that prevents you from making comments on any video once you have been "marked" by the powers that be.

However, I have observed that while this ghost-banning happens if I leave a comment on a video, it does not happen if I REPLY to an already existing comment-chain in the video. So it doesnt really affect my political shitposting,
but I have heard others have had the opposite happen to them (i.e. they can make comments, but they cannot reply to comment chains anymore i.e. even if they do their comment will only be visible to them)

Instead of as Channel B, I ran this test (same results) also under a new browser, i.e. visiting youtube as logged off and without google+.

Another problem I have is that I have stopped getting google+ notifications when people reply to my comments. Now I only get google+ notifications when somebody +1s a comment of mine. But not for replies.

This means conversation is pretty much dead on youtube now. Am I the only one? Have I been banned? Or is this a trend that is affecting other people as well?
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.