[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jobhunt/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tired and cynical.jpg (30KB, 372x328px) Image search: [Google]
tired and cynical.jpg
30KB, 372x328px
How goes it? Grad schemes openings have closed so it looks like another 2 months of no job.

Pretty damn pissed about it too. Hiring based on class and looks continues to be a cancer within numerous professions.

>go to a graduate scheme assessment centre (final round) for a well-known FTSE 100 company
>Outperformed almost everyone on the tasks they gave us.
>Thought for sure this Indian girl and I would be one of the ones to go through
>kek.jpg
>Out of the boys, the white, tall, handsome 'lads', with the short back and sides haircuts get picked
>Out of the girls, the white, pretty, blonde ones with the posh accents get picked.

It seems companies, even huge multinationals, already have an image of what they want their staff to look like - even if they performed below par in their tests.

Companies love to talk about how diverse they are but it's really all just lip service. 95% of the time they pick Jack with the posh accent and laddish demeanour, or Tabitha with a 2.1 in English from Exeter. There's really no space for us minorities or indeed fatties, uggos, non-posh people or nerds.
>>
>>132585185
> Companies love to talk about how diverse they are but it's really all just lip service. 95% of the time they pick Jack with the posh accent and laddish demeanour, or Tabitha with a 2.1 in English from Exeter. There's really no space for us minorities or indeed fatties, uggos, non-posh people or nerds.

this without all your gay, british lingo

It depends what echelon you're working in a big company for. A bank for example will hire a poly-glot of shitskins for tellers and entry level banking type shit. This what the general public views, for example.

They'll hire white people for wealth management services for high net-worth clients. This is out of view and on the top floor of skyscrapers. It's just how it fucking works.
>>
>>132585185
pasta
>>
My friend had an internship at Goldman Sachs investment bank. Between the interns it was an exact 50/50 male to female ratio. And of course there were a couple token pakis. Just because you came across as a fucking retard in the interview doesn't mean you can blame it on 'da racist company'
>>
Wrong board, Check /biz/

sage. We have more.
important things to do here.
>>
>>132585185
I'm an ROTC college student who got a summer job in the back room of a grocery store basically moving heavy boxes and pallets. It's a temporarily job but I really like it because I get exercise and minimum wage and it keeps me busy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.