[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Western Films

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: RockyDescent .jpg (374KB, 880x618px) Image search: [Google]
RockyDescent .jpg
374KB, 880x618px
What happened to American Western films? American Western inspired a sense of identity and imagination in Americans. In America's expansion, men and women dangerously made their way West for a better life. There was nothing but wide-open land, rolling plains, and small towns, in which exhausted cowboys rested at the inn or salon, and in which Sheriffs kept on the look out for criminal elements.

The West was what America was - free. It was libertarian. It was unscathed by the over-reaching hand of government.

The American West has been erased from our minds and imagination, replaced by multiculturalism and internationalism. If there is one thing that can't happen in post-America America, it is this: Teaching children that the American West was something to which one can look for inspiration.
>>
For a more realistic depiction of the history of the American West watch Deadwood. You're welcome.
>>
>>132570219
They were largely replaced with sci-fi, explotation, crime, drama, thriller, comedy, action etc.
>>
>>132570497

Do Europeans watch American Western films?
>>
>>132570462
They need to wrap that story up with a last season. According to the book about deadwood its based on, Saul Star is actually fucking a celestial whore and starts a huge fire that burns the town while killing said whores pimp
>>
John Ford died.
Clint Eastwood stopped making them.
>>
>>132570852
My dad is from Italy and moved here at 27 and he loves Westerns. Watches them all day every day.

>>132571434
Yes they do. It's been said that they were gonna try and make a movie to wrap it up but i haven't heard that in a while.
>>
File: 1496832531430.jpg (93KB, 639x641px) Image search: [Google]
1496832531430.jpg
93KB, 639x641px
>>132570219
>russians had their own manifest destiny but they went east from moscow
>still authoritarian
>Americans have manifest destiny in their past
>still authoritarian

makes you kek at how weak libertarianism truly was, born quickly, dies quickly
>>
>>132570219
>What happened to American Western films?

It's simple. Seriously. Look at who has produced (i.e. gave the financial backing) for Westerns in the last 25 years. (((THEY))) do not like the message that a Western promotes and no longer want to make one. And just do you know, what I'm stating is a simple fact. I'm not a Stormfag (actually I'm a GenX'r), just a regular guy with truth-bombs.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.