[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnosticism is still around?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1318.gif (17KB, 272x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1318.gif
17KB, 272x400px
I am currently a Roman Catholic, however I have recently noticed that an ancient heresy is still alive and well. So /pol/, what is so appealing about Gnosticism. I have very little knowledge of it other than it began in the second century A.D. (C. E.) and has something to do with the demiurge and a semi-nondescript higher power. Can someone give me a run down on this and explain how and why this is still around?
>>
>>132559556
Gnosticism is an ancient heresy that is inherently opposed to the natural order and what makes us human.
It is not surprising that there is a Jewish element.
Watch the following podcast, which contains some great information on the connection between Gnosticism and the modern Jewish movement of (((Transhumanism))):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8GxvWYgYKQ
>>
>>132561146
Thanks based Nip
>>
>>132559556
gnosticism is basically white people LARPing as jews. Fuck that shit.
>>
File: kjv.jpg (1013KB, 3642x2478px) Image search: [Google]
kjv.jpg
1013KB, 3642x2478px
>>132559556
>>
>>132559556
it is post secularism , the post ww3 relegion .
>>
>>132559556
Yes.
>>
>>132559556
Christianity makes much more sense to me as a series of ideas. Even though I grew up going to a (Protestant) church, I never really 'got' the whole personal relationship with Jesus thing. Jesus makes more sense to me as a concept or principle.
>>
Eh. Its a big topic, not just one strand but the demiurge thing is common enough. Rejection of Paul is another basic part for much of it.
>>
Cathars were basically gnostic. Look em up
>>
Gnostic beliefs heavily influenced Islam, so see what heresy gets you?
>>
You have to be very dumb to take anything in the Bible as literal, and Gnosticism makes sense out of the allegory.

The problem is nobody who claims heresy takes the time (or is intelligent enough) to understand the spiritual context which the Gnostic doctrine teaches.

There is a reason that true Kabbalah (a Gnostic tradition) is fraternal and only taught to those deemed worthy. You must prove capacity before they will allow you to see the whole of the truth.
>>
>>132559556
>however I have recently noticed that an ancient heresy is still alive and well.

Citation needed. Yes, really.
>>
>>132564565
Heavily influenced? The only gnostic "influence" is jesus not being god or god's son and not dying on the cross but an imposter was in his place. This isn't far off from Arianism. Elsewhere the Jesus of Islam has attributes taken from Guatama Buddha. Islam is just a confused Frankenstein religion that's more of a monotheistic version of the polytheistic Arab Sabeanism. Persians were heavily influenced by Gnosticism though.
>>
>>132562370
>implying christianity isn't white people LARPing as jews
>>
>>132563372
Go to Toronto and listen to Jordan Peterson.
>>132561222
Domo.
Nice trips.
>>132564603
Beaner promotes Kike occult rituals.
More news at 5.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.