[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should suicide be legal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 222222.jpg (6KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
222222.jpg
6KB, 294x171px
Should euthanasia be legal?

What about doctor assisted suicide?
>>
>>132554532
>make faggotry legal
>suicide still illegal
Reverse them?
>>
>>132554668
Sounds ok to me
>>
>>132554532
no, cause that's fucking murder
>>
>>132554532
you don't need legal suicide to do it you faggot, stop being a pussy
>>
>>132554532
Yes, obviously. It should be legal to do whatever the fuck you want as long as it only affects your own life.
>>
Yes

There's literally no fucking argument.
>>
>>132555013
I don't want to die.

An yes you do, Unless you want to use a gun.

Legal suicide = less painful and violent suicide
>>
>>132554532
mandatory 10 hours of "are you sure you want to miss out on all this life potential, here are programs to set you on a better path in life, here are a bunch of suicidal people that changed their minds, you have to be over the age of, what 23-25? or have severe medical condition ("""depression""" (not that it cant exist and cant be severe, but that the majority of people diagnosed might not have severe) or anxiety or first boyfriend broke up with me doesnt count), a bunch of videos of young people who grew up expressing their regrets and how little they know when they were younger and how much their outlook and inlook changed.
>>
>>132554532
yes

no, robot assisted
>>
>>132554532
>>132555731
actually I take that back, about depression and anxiety, at the age it is decided on is legit, 23-25, there should be mandatory 10-20 hour course (with the stuff mentioned), programs to attempt to rehabilitate and seek a better life that could alleviate the desire to die. And then they, the free adult, makes the decision on their own
>>
>>132554532
>>132555731
>>132556224
the only problem would maybe be like, parents and stuff weeping attempting to plead with their kid not to, if they would find out, or be notified...or if insurance would cover it
>>
>>132554532
Fuck no. If suicide was legal all homicides would be deemed suicides just to get rid of people. What a shame that private investigator committed suicide with gunshot wounds to the back of his head.
>>
>>132556365
bottom line is, (like people who are gonna do drugs are gonna do drugs, people who are gonna prostitute are gonna prostitute, people kill themselves, might as well make it as clean as possible,
>>
>>132555013
this

fucking leftists and their moral relativism
>>
>>132556395
I presume they are suggesting like going to a doctors office and filling out paperwork.
>>
>>132556669
>fucking leftists and their moral relativism
Most leftists are universalists you dip. Liberals are relativists dude.
>>
>>132555557
how to suicide very fast at incredible hihg speed:
>buy a firecracker
>light the fuse
>start sucking on it
>>
>>132557071
ok
>>
>>132557445
I don't know what 3rd world shithole you live in but in the U.S. you can't exactly buy half sticks of dynamite as "fireworks".

>what is collateral damage

Why would you do that when you could probably kill everyone in a 30ft distance that why?

Stupid fuck
>>
>>132554532
Euthanasia should only be available to those with severe conditions that have no real chance of being cured, in which case the most humane thing would be to end their suffering.

As for emotional kids who want to die over their iPhone being stolen, have counseling for them. Other than that let the weak purge themselves.
>>
>>132556687
What's stopping someone from bribing a doctor to forge paperwork?
>>
>>132554532
No. It is serous crime. All parties involved should be punished by death. Libshits will try to argue this.
>>
>>132554532
I mean its kind of a grey zone already isnt it? You cant prosecute a dead man
>>
>>132554532

>should euthanasia be legal?

yes, even in cases where the person can't consent. i would say euthanize a man who has been lit a fire and is severely charred and disfigured. euthanize babies that come out disfigured or with brain disorders because they will grow up miserable. they have no prospect of having a love life and they will probably live with their parents forever.

>should suicide be legal?

yes, but there should be a 1 week waiting period if you it's going to be done by a physician to make sure you're certain about it. if you don't want to wait 1 week, then you can always do it yourself without someone stopping you. if someone stops you he or she gets arrested for violating your right to suicide. It's your body and your life, so you should be allowed to kill yourself. who i am to say that you should live a life that you find shitty and mediocre?

>what about doctor assisted suicide?

yes, the physician would be allowed to help people commit suicide without any legal troubles as long as the patient consents to it.

>>132557071

>liberals are relativists

if that were true then they couldn't argue for things like equality, feminism, etc since morality is relative and subjective.

I would call myself a liberal and i oppose moral relativism and moral nihilism
>>
>>132554903
No it's not dumbass
>>
>>132558026
There would have to be multiple stages of signing paperwork, the 10-20 hour courses would be filmed, the audience.

There would have to be a 'video signature' of the person in question swearing they agreed to terms and conditions.

I suppose all in all, your concern would come down to: people in power having the potential to be evil. and I would ask what is preventing this in the current world. this is why we cant have nice things.
>>
>>132554532
kys
>>
>>132559209
getting death dispensed is not a nice thing

also your propositon isn't at all what they actually try to allow, right? When they're discussing assisted suicide it's usually like a will that you sign
>>
Yes. But not government funded. Privately practiced and everything decided at the executioner's discretion.

I think it should be available to everyone over 18 with no "are you sure" bullshit or other prerequisites.

Of course we could all hang ourselves cheaply and easily. Hurts though.
>>
>>132559098
I 100% agree with all of that
>>
>>132554532
all laws besides the NAP are aggressions
>>
>>132554532
Yes, yes, and yes.
>>
>>132559609
I presumed OP's "Should suicide be legal" title, referred to, the concept of accepting that people kill themselves, and allowing a better means of doing it, if after a substantial course, they are not convinced their life is worth living.
>>
>>132560674
I'm against wasting resources this way. If they're going to get a course paid it will try to make them productive citizens. Otherwise they should take matters into their own hands and off themselves. Maybe fentanyl overdose is the most comfortable way to go.
>>
>>132559683
maybe not gov funded but gov regulated. I shouldnt be able to just go in my town and open a suicide cafe, where 18 year olds can come in, sign a waiver, I take them in the back and kill them
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.