[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good parents in cartoons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Loud_parents'_faces_revealed.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Loud_parents'_faces_revealed.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Be me
>Had a 4yo son
>newborn incomig
>watching cartoons with him
>parents are shit
They basically they fall in 3 tropes
-Dumb, fat and useless dad and strong wymin mom
-Single mom-dad
-No parents in show but is implied they are bad
The only good parents in recent shows are pic related, spogebob's parents and fucking martha and jonathan kent, maybe one or two in rugrats
Why are few good parents in new shows? Writers with daddy issues, a trope from the flinstones that will never die or fucking jews?
Also what kind of cartoons should I see with my children, are more cartoons with good parents? My favorite tv show is the Little House on the Prairie but he is too young for that
>>
>>132548976
Ed edd n eddy has no parents so I vote that
>>
>>132548976
>The Loud House
my kids were watching that once, with my wife in the room. these kids were writing letters to one's they "secretly admired" or someshit. at the end, it's revealed the one girl (guitar one), wrote a letter to a girl she was interested in dating... implying she's gay. my wife gets up and says, "well that's a completely unnecessary thing to put into a children's cartoon. you kids aren't watching this anymore."
You got a 4 year old son? Blaze and The Monster Machines. It's pretty cool. No bullshit, just trucks that change into catapults and shit when a problem arises. Watch it with my kid, he'll be 4 in 3 weeks
>>
>>132548976
Who are the good parents in Rugrats? Stew means well but he never pays attention to the kids. Dee-dee(?) is out of her mind and has to do what books tell her to do. Chuckie's Dad seems like he has issues.

I guess Grandpa was the best.

Also, just watch lots of Mr. Rogers.
>>
It's not just cartoons and it's not only recent. The dumb parents-as glorified choufera meme has been with us for a while. Especially a dumb weak male figure often with the mother or wife being somewhat wise and empowered. Look at family TV shows for the last decade or two. Look at Di.sney programming.
>>
>>132550345
This. I think there's still a twitch stream of all the old episodes.
>>
>>132550026
The one episode I saw of the Loud House was the boy getting fed up with getting the shittiest chores, saying something and then protesting about it, then his sisters whined and he just went back to doing the same shit.
>>
>>132550345
Rugrats seems really strange to me, a series ostensibly for young children that very accurately depicts young families in the early '90s. I genuinely knew people with parents identical to each of the couples in the series, even looking similarly
>>
>>132548976
Notice the dads are always retarded nowadays. Used to be the stereotype was hard working but grumpy authoritarian, now it's weird erratic manchild.
>>
File: 1495440410175.jpg (441KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495440410175.jpg
441KB, 1440x900px
>>132548976
>allows child to watch non-educational television
>complains about bad parents
wew
>>
>>132550345
At least they are a married couple and he isn't useless. From all the 90 nick show they were good parents by comparison
>>132550495
Now i realize disney movies didn't had good parents
>>132551031
So western media is bad at making parents? It's maga better?
>>132551318
>He didn't see tv with his children
>He is so lazy he must forbid him from having fun
You can't let your kid alone with a tv, even discovery channel is shit now
>>
>>132550026
God forbid kids know gays exist. Why is gay love considered so inappropriate compared to straight love? Really rustles my jimmies
>>
>>132551318
>that picture

Ok but why tho
>>
>>132551844
because faggots have to shitpost irl about it and base their whole existence around it.
>>
>>132551844
>>132550026
>They girl with the pixie haircut and fascination with dadrock is bi
desu you should see that coming
>>
>>132548976
Loud House has two sissy, over-protective gay white dads for the black kid. They're just there and aren't obviously glorified or anything.
>>
>>132549724
Visually. Ed's parents tore down the basement stairs when he was grounded.
>WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!
Best delivered line of the series. Adults have a lot of background activity.
>>
>>132552750
>Gay couple
>Adopted kid
>They dont know what to do with him and send him to therapy
They are in therapy too and has to ask to their psychiatrist for every shit they do-think
>Kid is now hypochondriac
>Has a lot of issues with females, also lust for white whimen
Thats a very acurrate depiction of gay parents
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.