[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Youth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 20160709_144349.jpg (173KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_144349.jpg
173KB, 1600x960px
What's /pol/'s opinion on military youth programs like Civil Air Patrol, Young Marines, Sea Cadets, JROTC etc.
>>
Usually full of a bunch of asshole kids who think they are the shit, but never end up actually helping their country in any meaningful way.
>>
File: 1496888129083.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1496888129083.gif
871KB, 245x230px
>>132525732
>Sea Cadets
>>
>>132526419
Lmao aww what happened? Get bullied by some kids tougher than you are anon?
>>
>>132525732
They are all excellent programs to prepare you for military life. I would recommend they go on to ROTC, and become an officer in the military instead of enlisting. I know being an Eagle Scout will get you the rank of E-3 when joining, and am pretty sure it is the same for Sea Cadets, Young Marines, etc.
>>
>>132526419
This. There was a kid in my high school class that was in CAP or Jr. AF ROTC or something, really fuckign weird.
>Would wear his uniform on random days
>couldn't hold a conversation without talking incessantly about some "badass" thing he did
>super christian but in the faggy, contemporary gospel rock way
>invite him to a party with my group of friends
>no alcohol but he acts "loopy" like he's drunk for some reason

Really weird kid. I think he's really into Milo and Ben Shapiro now.
>>
>>132527490
no he probably grew up and saw the results of those kid's lives. it's the same with me. everyone i graduated with who were involved with those youth programs never saw combat but claims to be super involved; it's just sad
>>
Met some of those kids on my 1 year in HS in the US.

They seemed very autistic desu
>>
>>132527868
Basically this, one of the guys from my highschool who was in rotc has been working at dunkin donuts for the past 3 years, its just sad. The rest of them that I recall were scrawny white kids who probably would die immediately if they ever saw combat. It makes me wonder what the fuck they even did in those programs, cuz they sure as shit weren't trained for war or anything like that.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.