[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The infrastructure of free speech

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

File: keyboard.jpg (8KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard.jpg
8KB, 255x204px
Since major media outlets, most Western governments, and social media companies are all proving to be authoritarian thought police, what steps can we take to ensure the survival of open and frank discourse?

Speech of all sorts, and voluntary anonymity are an absolute right. Since the founding of our country, these two political tools have been instrumental in ensuring freedom of thought. Benjamin Franklin published under pseudonym so that he could bring to light uncomfortable subjects that everyone was thinking, but were dangerous to say outloud.
>>
File: jan.jpg (2KB, 114x160px) Image search: [Google]
jan.jpg
2KB, 114x160px
>>132490766

Consider that all it takes is for advertisers to put the screws to a forum they don't like, or for a data center to boot you out. Hell, 4chan itself is probably compromised and just being used as a honeypot for dissidents. But you bet your ass that CNN will assert its right to be anonymous if they need to protect their journalists from "hateful rhetoric."

Look at how Vice has decided to prevent archives from keeping them accountable. The entire left-leaning media complex wants to remove all forms of accountability. What they publish today is the truth and always was the truth. The past does not exist. Remember, it's illegal to be anonymous! Only journalists can do that so let CNN handle it!
>>
File: cnn.png (5KB, 324x155px) Image search: [Google]
cnn.png
5KB, 324x155px
>>132490853

We're entering an era of mass conflation. Criticize a dishonest media outlet for contradicting itself repeatedly ("election can't be hacked stupid drumpf", "ELECTION WAS HACKED BY RUSSIA!")? You're an anti semite because only they criticize CNN. Nevermind if you have any racist tendencies at all, you just get lumped in with anyone that criticizes the established order.
>>
>>132490992

All this is preamble to the question:

How do we protect open and frank political discourse? We need to build the infrastructure to support this endeavor before our fragile position in the world is lost to CNN's utopia where the past never existed and anyone that has doubts about the present is a renegade.
>>
File: decentralize.jpg (8KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
decentralize.jpg
8KB, 317x159px
>>132491116

I keep thinking of decentralized forum protocols based on Ethereum or something. It's technically feasible to create an unstoppable communication medium, but I think we all know what kind of monster we'd have created.

It'd become a CP trading ring overnight. Either naturally, or via false flag. I honestly don't know what's real in regard to that anymore.

How can we create a system that is both antifragile to censorship, yet self-moderable so that it doesn't devolve into a cesspit of perversion?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.