[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masturbation frequency and prostate cancer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: mast.png (128KB, 636x724px) Image search: [Google]
mast.png
128KB, 636x724px
There have been a lot of misleading threads here lately because of a recent Harvard study, which were are wrought with poor (most often, media) interpretations of the study, and and in general bad advice.

A better, more precise study from 2008 shows the opposite

>Increased rates of prostate cancer was associated with high rates of masturbation , especially in young adults.
>Sexual activity and prostate cancer risk in men diagnosed at a younger age
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.08030.x/full

As you can see in pic related, the high masturbation group had the strongest correlation with instances of prostate cancer.
It in fact, is the most statistically significant relationship in the entire study.

Oppositely, in the 2008 study, low rates of masturbation were not associated with prostate cancer.

The Harvard Study isn't good in comparison:
>They failed to distinguish between masturbation and sex.
>Nonidentifiability, ie, the '>21 ejaculations per month' covers a huge range of potentially very different populations.
>No controls
>non-linear groupings (e, 0 to 3; 4 to 7; 8 to 12; 13-20, and 21+ Ejaculations Per Month).

As someone who has published papers, it is clear what they: they are misusing statistical methods so the results conform to their hypothesis.
The nonidentifiability of the >21 undermines the usefulness in its ability to predict causality in this group. It's very likely that higher amounts did have increased risk, so they kept altering the highest frequency group downward until it regressed toward the mean they desired.
I have contacted the European Journey of Urology expressing these concerns and asking that the paper be retracted until they are able to correct them.

Also odd,
The Harvard group failed to cite the 2008 study in their brief literature review and ignored it's existence, which was a substantial development since their initial findings.
>>
Harvard study link:

http://www.europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(16)00377-8/fulltext

_________

OP not me: Reuploaded because thread got deleted in minutes. Interesting matter.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.