[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trustbusting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cst.png (38KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
cst.png
38KB, 1200x627px
Is there any economic reason not to Teddy Roosevelt the shit out of Comcast, Cox, etc.?
Isn't more competition better for the economy?
>>
Comcast is nothing more than an ISP to me, and it doesn't have a monopoly. I can switch to Verizon Fios if I want to.
>>
>>132416865
Can you switch to a service that actually competes directly with Comcast?
Is there a reason that splitting Comcast into separate companies, in direct competition with each other, would be disadvantageous to the consumer.
In many places the only options available are
one cable company or DSL through a phone service. Cable has a monopoly on internet service with enough bandwidth to accommodate the ever increasing demands of the modern internet. DSL is not in competitive parity. Comcast can charge whatever they want with impunity.
>>
>>132417714

>Can you switch to a service that actually competes directly with Comcast?

That's what Verizon FiOS is, you dumbass.
>>
>>132418722
Let's have all of them shot.

Why do I have to pick between Verizon and Comcast? Rev up those antitrust laws.
>>
>>132416621
This needs to happen. You want a solution to this net neutrality issue: Option 3 -- THIS
>>
>>132419338

>Why do I have to pick between Verizon and Comcast?

You don't. You could pick any number of local ISPs, if you're willing to go in for the installation fees. Or, you could have nothing at all.

Antitrust laws don't exist just for you to have an avenue to grind axes against corporations. At the end of the day you need to take control of how you spend your money instead of asking the nanny state to fight your battles for you.
>>
>>132419525
Unfortunately, Google is really leading the pack on this. We'll all end up with free internets everywhere, with ads everywhere and tracking our info
>>
>>132419702
But I did pick a local ISP running off some lines they leased from Verizon. I put in a whole bunch of time trying to help them configure their shit. Don't you play with me. If you think I'm doing that again you're wrong and I hope everybody dies painfully.

And then they went tits up because they offered a good service at a good price, and the cartels couldn't have that.

Only gassing the kikes will solve this.
>>
>>132419702
A lot of places don't have any other options.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.