[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your arguments against minarchism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 100837-004-D808ACBB.jpg (24KB, 525x450px) Image search: [Google]
100837-004-D808ACBB.jpg
24KB, 525x450px
Why isn't minarchy the best way to govern society?
>>
Read A Theory of Justice by John Rawls.
>>
>>132408711
The question is, "how minarchist do you go?" Then you end up with the shit we have today justifying anything "common good" as essential.
>>
>>132408711
None - it should be the pull point for all policy but understanding that it will sometimes fall short. Keep government on a stable trajectory and make all attempts to prevent its unneeded growth.
>>
>>132408897
I am familiar with Rawls on a basic level and disagree fundamentally with his principles of justice. I ought to read some more though.
>>
Minarchism is only best if the government is going to be evil or incompetent.
If the government is good totalitarianism is best.
>>
>>132408711
>Minarchism
>Jews come into the country and buy it all up

Kek
>>
>>132409426
Government is always liable to become evil or incompetent.
>>
>>132409579
wtf I hate government now
>>
Basically I object to Rawls on anti-egalitarian grounds. I desire a libertarian (Hoppean I guess) social order but know that a state may be required to defend society against cultural threats. As much as a meme physical removal is, I can't make the jump to ancap because of this. I'm pretty bamboozled.
>>
>>132408711
It's inefficient against existential threats from outside.

It also is a purely economic political theory rather than one that encompasses identity and culture as well.

It's like trying to put together a puzzle with only 1/3 of the pieces.
>>
>>132410746
This is a good criticism. As I said above, these are the kinds of things I am aware of. However, why couldn't the idea of minarchism to adapted to address these puzzle pieces?
>>
>>132411521
I think the idea of minarchism works in a nation state with secure borders and with homogenous people's with similar values and beliefs.

Outside of that nation state others can't be relied to follow the rules (look at China) so economic nationalism makes more sense.

Minarchism, like most liberal ideologies, is a system of luxury for those with no existentia threats. It's why it only appeared when europe had no more existentia threats (it rose right after the last siege of Vienna).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.