[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 59

File: image.jpg (35KB, 236x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 236x334px
Reminder that Jesus Christ is Lord, reminder that He loves every single one of you and died for your sins on the cross.

When are you going to give your life to Christ? The fruits of this world are rotten, nothing will satisfy other than a relationship with God.

Heaven will be awesome. Choose it now. The world will pass away but Jesus Christ will reign forever! Do the right thing...

Catholic General - Everyone welcome, ask any questions you have about The Faith!
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x696px
>>132399491

I'll be praying the Rosary, please join me if you'd like, God bless you.
>>
>>132399578
The rosary is sinful read Matthew
>>
>>132399491
Why do you love jews so much?
>>
>>132399578
Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Jesus' own words, why do Catholics reject christ? You hate the bible and make up your own man made pagan doctrine
>>
>>132399884
>But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do

Catholics are not heathens.
>>
>>132399884

Our translations are not "vain repetitions" but regardless, the rosary is not vain.

Jesus gave us the our father to recover, yes? So we are supposed to recite the our father.

The Angels in heaven never cease saying "holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come". Are the Angels in heaven guilty because they repeat this over and over?

The psalms repeat... Etc...

You must look at the context. This verse is talking about "empty words". Nothing to do with repetition.

Both the Orthodox and Catholic Churches use pray beads, ie, they repeat prayers. They have both been around for 2,000 years... Unlike your Protestant churches (many different ones) that have been around for 500.
>>
File: image.jpg (289KB, 738x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 738x480px
>>132399873

We're Catholic, not Protestant.
>>
>>132401212
It says don't use vain depictions as the heathens do, when you're praying the rosary you are using vain repitions as the heathens do. Do you have to say Hail Mary over and over again? That's not how you pray
>>132401225
Protestants have existed for 6,000 years. We follow god's exact words, the Catholic Church makes up its own man made doctrine and has separated itself from God.
>>
>>132401409
My question still stands
>>
File: mary-candles2.jpg (120KB, 595x311px) Image search: [Google]
mary-candles2.jpg
120KB, 595x311px
>>132401212
I don't know anon, this looks like blasphemy to me.
>>
>>132401687
The Catholic cult exists to control the poeple of Rome, that's why they deleted half the bible, Catholicism is Christianity easy mode, it's designed as a political tool, it's easier to control the masses with easy rules
Oh you committed adultery? Just confess and gif the church money you'll be saved :^)
>>
File: papalhexagrampart1.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
papalhexagrampart1.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>132401409
>We're Catholic, not Protestant.
>>
>>132401956
Catholics are idolaters they hate God they ignore his word the pope worships idols
>>
>>132401678

Jesus didn't give you the bible, He started the church. The church gave you the bible.

The church was called Catholic in 1AD, this was before the bible was even complied by THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Jesus Himself repeated a prayer three times

King David repeat prayers in the psalms

Jesus gave us the Our Father to repeat exactly

In revelation, it says the Angels in heaven NEVER CEASE saying "Holy Holy Holy Lord who was and is and is to come."

And no, Protestants have been around for 500 years and are heretics. Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are damnable heresies. Fact.

Going from the bible alone without any authority causes great confusion, as can be seen by the 1539462 different Protestant denominations.
>>
>>132402115
Repeating a prayer isn't the same as using vain repitions
He didn't repeat himself a 100 times during the prayer did he? No because the bible forbid that
So? The kikes still call themselves Jews even though they aren't doesn't mean you're the same church, you've been a pagan church for thousands of years, the Roman emperors used you as a political tool and introduced pagan customs and rituals into your temple.
>>
>>132401678
>Protestants have existed for 6,000 years

Hahaha holy shit - literally "we wuz Christian b4 jebus" you must be a Baptist!
>>
>>132402379
No, just this is common sense it's a continuation of the religion God started on day one, Catholicism turned away from this. Biblical Judaism is Christianity
>>
>>132399491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AGrXG-AsA

Let's remember Saint John of Capistrano, who was a "Warrior Priest."
>>
>>132401956

It's blasphemy to venerate the Mother of God? Only Jews and Muslim adopt ridiculous iconoclasm. (Which has been declared a heresy)

Catholics do not pray to statues or pictures. The issue with idolatry is when pagans thought the actual wood/stone had power or were in fact God. Catholics know statues and crosses are stone and wood, no power, they just represent what we love.

This mindless iconoclasm of Protestants is completely unsustainable. Do you allow your children to draw? Do you look at paintings? Did you play with action figures as a child? All idolatry according to Prots.
>>
>>132402042
Someone is filled with hatred for the Church Christ established! You hate the Body of Christ, yet you consider yourself a follower of Him?
>>
>>132402596
God doesn't have a mom this is blasphemy
>>
>>132402661
The modern church isn't the church Christ established
Why would it be so sinful? Are you saying Christ sins?
>>
>>132399491
hay faggot catholicuck. how many texts you have highlighted but not read are you going to post ITT? your faggot popes burn in hell
>>
>>132399491
Brothers, I masturbated yesterday knowing it was a grave matter. It struck me last night just how much I had sinned and how I was utterly separated from god and how I had corrupted my soul and body for a fleeting few seconds of fleshly pleasure. I wept and despaired for I felt so despicable. I said an act of contrition but I yearn for and also fear my first confession as a candidate to be received. I started to begin to realise what god's love is , for I haven't been able to grasp it before. I am desperate for absolution for a life of sin is a corrupt and wretched life and my soul rejects it utterly and I yearn for god's grace to guide me. Hopefully I can go to confession soon as I have contacted my priest asking to. Hope you pray for me brothers to give me strength to fight against all earthly temptations to commit mortal sins and guide away from unknowing venial sins. I will pray for you all too. God bless this thread.
>>
>>132402596
why did my cousin and his wife kneed down before an mary altar in the polish church where they married?
>>
bump
>>
>>132399491
Does anyone remember the catholic priest anon who did an ama a while back? Has he posted again since?
>>
>>132402791
Because they worship idols
The Catholic Church is an idolatrous sinful cult
Catholic temples must be shut down
Catholic cults outlawed
>>
>>132402923
for what? christians dont care, they will be with jesus after the rapture.
>>
>>132402889
Did anyone ask him why the Vatican defends rapist pedohpile homo Catholics?
The bible says kill a faggot, kill a rapist, and says relations are forbidden until the woman has had her flow!
This is because the Catholic cult is sinful its not a Church it's a political tool to control the masses
Wake up people!
>>
>>132402774

I will pray for you. Do not be ashamed. Google nofap, I've been celibate for years, it really changes your life and has so many benefits.

I'm in a similar situation to you in regards to confession. It's just about getting it done with and I will pray you do. By the way, the priest will have heard this sin confessed about 1000000 times, no doubt. God bless you.
>>
>>132402977
Christians DO care God said don't worship idols Catholics do because they HATE God
>>
>>132402115
>1AD
What? Are tou this retarded?
>>
>>132402791

Because Catholics pray on their knees, and they use images of the Virgin Mary/the saints/Jesus to pray.

Let me ask you this, do you honestly believe any Catholic prays TO the statue? You would have to be out of your mind to believe that.
>>
>>132403129
did you forgot what jesus told about overcommers? overcommers of what? THE WORLD. James 4:4, KJV: "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."
>>
>>132402379
Ignore protestant posters. They exist purely to corrupt the teachings of the church
>>
>>132402923
>10 posts by this ID in a 28 post thread
More than 1/3rd of the comments is your shitposts, time to ease back buddy.

>>132402791
Nothing wrong with being married before a statue of a saint... would it be better in the eyes of God to be married in front of a blank white wall?
>>
File: 21.jpg (109KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
109KB, 430x600px
>>132403065
We aren't defending him, America has had pedo issues and I still defend this country but not the pedos good grief. oh and

HAPPY 4th of JULY
>>
>>132402596
>mother if God
HAHAHAHAHA
You realize Jesus is older than Mary right?
1 Peter 1:19-20
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
>>
>>132403209
You pray to ancestors, the bible says to kill mediums, you're communicating with the dead, according to the bible every catholic should be killed.
>>
>>132402977

There is no rapture, never has there been believed to have been one from the early church. Another Protestant falsehood.
>>
>>132403271
you will regret what you do in here after the rapture. not to mention how much blood be on youre hands just because of what you try to achieve here.
>>
>>132402596
>painting
>action figues
I don't pray to those you retard
>>
>>132401977
Catholics didn't delete half the bible, Protestants did.
Open your bible tell me where are the following books?
>Tobit
>Judith
>Sirach
>Baruch
>1 Maccabbees
>2 Maccabbees
>>
>>132403190

I meant 1st century AD, my mistake.
>>
>>132403322
I'm not shitposting I'm spreading the truth, I used to be a Catholic but I opened my eyes
>>
>>132399783

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
>>
File: 1-4.png (654KB, 843x632px) Image search: [Google]
1-4.png
654KB, 843x632px
>>132403443
and Wisdom
>>
>>132403443
Why do Catholics ignore almost every single one of the commandments God gave us?
Catholics even say they eat Jesus' blood and flesh (forbidden by the bible) then say it's God, Catholics think they eat God!
Theyre disgusting animals
>>
>>132403537
How does this defend the rosary?
Pray without ceasing doesn't mean repeat yourself a 100 times
>>
>>132403068
Thank you brother. I know the benefits but the flesh is weak. I vow to sin no more as per my contrition
>>
>>132403359

This post is an example of the Satanic hatred Satan has for the church Christ founded.

You know who was the first "protester"? You are following his lead, rebelling against the established authority.
>>
>>132403464
>>132403464
i hope you mean this honest and are not part of the trolling. if not, if you against jews and really believe the /pol/ shit you should rethink, god elected the jews, they maybe refuse jesus, but the old bounds still counts, god is faithful to what he promised abraham in the past and not to mention israel.
>>
>>132403587

You have a vehement hatred of Christ's church. Read the church fathers and you will see you and your Protestantism is dead wrong. The catholic beliefs are consistent with the early church.
>>
>>132403551
Thanks anon, and lets not forget about entire parts of Esther and Daniel
>>
>>132401212
>Catholics are not heathens.
Catholicism is the one true Church of the Lord Jesus Christ
>>
>>132403464
Well then PLEASE put your criticisms in a single thoughtful post rather than rapid fire shitposting every comment.

If you were ever a Catholic you were a very shitty one as you are purposefully repeating the same false "Catholics worship idols!!!!" meme that has been disproven several times in this thread alone (along with other falsehoods).
>>
Catholicism is the last remnants of the Ancient Romans elites and Hebrew priests.

Old jewish families that want to maintain their stock of gold.

Let go of Catholicism and embrace Orthodoxy you Satanist scum.
>>
>>132403634

Angels repeat the same prayer in heaven over and over...

The verse in question, "vain repetitions", means "empty phrases" in none Protestant (correct/original) translations.

The rosary is not a vain prayer.

If your wife told you "I love you" one hundred times would that be a sin?
>>
File: 8105152022_0ef865b79e_k.jpg (3MB, 1847x2048px) Image search: [Google]
8105152022_0ef865b79e_k.jpg
3MB, 1847x2048px
>>132403635

>A broken and contrite heart oh Lord thou wilt not despise
Psalm 51
>>
>>132403782
We can agree on this, my protestant friend.
/pol/-fascist ideology is as harmful to the world as liberalism is.
Jews may have forsaken Jesus and his Church, and in doing so became the new Gentiles (along with Muslims), but we must remember Revelation 11:1-2 "Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff and I was told, “Come and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who are worshiping in it.
But exclude the outer court* of the temple; do not measure it, for it has been handed over to the Gentiles, who will trample the holy city for forty-two months."
Even the Gentiles will have a place in the Holy Temple of God at the time of Judgement
>>
Brothers remember to ignore all the obvious slanderous attacks. Do you reward such satanism with a (You). Only reward the inquisitive minds who wish to know more and not to slander.
>>
File: 7261613980_abc9c6e23f_k.jpg (2MB, 2048x1383px) Image search: [Google]
7261613980_abc9c6e23f_k.jpg
2MB, 2048x1383px
>>132403824
Good stuff Esther is good, I really like nehemiah.
>>
File: mary2.jpg (81KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
mary2.jpg
81KB, 450x300px
>>132402596
>It's blasphemy to venerate the Mother of God? Only Jews and Muslim adopt ridiculous iconoclasm. (Which has been declared a heresy)

It's blashpemy to build a statue of her and pray to it

Jesus existed before being born of the virgin mary. He's Gods son, not Mary's son, and existed before the creation of the world, and before the creation of time

>Catholics do not pray to statues or pictures.
thats exactly what you idiots do.

>This mindless iconoclasm of Protestants is completely unsustainable. Do you allow your children to draw? Do you look at paintings? Did you play with action figures as a child? All idolatry according to Prots.

>raises a bunch of non-arguments to defend idolatry.

I wouldn't let my children pray to an action figure and call it the mother of god, because thats spiritually damaging

>>132402115
>The church was called Catholic in 1AD, this was before the bible was even complied by THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
this is just wrong, the earliest recorded instance of the phrase catholic church being used was 107 AD. and before then the canon of the gospel was established and in circulation in 40-70 AD.

also the greek word Katholikos the greek word meaning catholic appears approximately 0 times in the bible

unironcailly enough, a "catholic" meaning universal church is mentioned several times in the gnostic or "heretical" gospels.
>>
>>132403639
Show me where I'm the bible it says you can pray to dead people
>>132403795
No I don't I don't like the man made doctrine and sinful nature of the Catholic Church
Are you saying Christ made up the doctrine of the church? Is he defending the pedophiles and faggots and rapists?
You're sick in the head if you think so
This is why only third world subhumans and the beast of the field is Catholic
>>132403973
Show me where it's disproven, all I ever see Catholics say is "lol we venerate not worship XD"
It's the same thing
You bow to it, that's worship you sound like a Muslim.
>>132403782
The Jews of the bible are th Christians, Jew just means God's people they're the ones who believe him, if you believe God you'd follow his commandments and accept Christ as his son and our lord and saviour
Jews don't, they're the synagogue of Satan, but they lie and say they're Jews.
>>
>>132403926
-said the bibl... i mena catholicucks
>>
>>132403634

So what then, you have to keep saying something different to avoid repeating yourself? That's just silly anon, don't be such a Jew taking the scripture so literally.
>>
>>132403991
Show me in the scripture where it says that
>>
File: 1488111838220.jpg (278KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1488111838220.jpg
278KB, 1000x1100px
>>
>>132399491
lol worshipping some jewy desert god
>>
File: deus vult7.jpg (103KB, 1280x1054px) Image search: [Google]
deus vult7.jpg
103KB, 1280x1054px
>>132404308
>>
>>132404346
>don't take Gods word literally goyim trust me
Not falling for those tricks kike
>>
>>132404442
God wasn't from the desert, when he existed there was nothing and God isn't a Jew, he's God
>>
80% of posters itt are most likely spics
>>
>>132404581
Only subhuman retards and the beast of the field is Catholic
>>
>>132403795
who are the "church fathers" you spew about in every topic, and why do you trust them more than jesus christ?

where does it say in the bible or from the (((church fathers))) that ingesting mass produced crackers and vaguely reciting something that jesus actually did say (though it does not come with the claims catholicucks claim) means salvation? you havent read the highlighted sources you spew here every time. you are retarded. read those sources. and the bible

you predictable response about (((church fathers))) is just more blah blah blah. spare yourself the stroking on your keyboard. save that for holy father fuckmeover
>>
>>132404528
Why are you following the tribal deity of some desert tribe then and not something more vague like deism then, jew lover?
>>
File: 1498175587889.jpg (4MB, 1680x1581px) Image search: [Google]
1498175587889.jpg
4MB, 1680x1581px
>>132404288
Rise of the Merchant
One of the most powerful cities in history, also had nothing going for it in the beginning. At first look it was not supposed to succeed. Unlike other towns in the region like Lucca, Pisa, and Siena, Florence did not have a shoreline, so no sea trade like the Venetians, it did not have direct acess to trade routes on the land. It did not have any immediate access to natural resources, and it had limited agricultural production capabilities. Yet in spite of this it became one the largest cities in Europe with 120,000 living there. And outside of Rome itself, it was the wealthiest city and the greatest source of Renaissance art. The Florin was the American Dollar of the day.

Florence has little to no records of transactions until about the early 1100s, probably because of high taxes. Before this Merchants in Florence would use proxy towns in the surrounding area like Pisa, Lucca, and Siena to do business, where there are plenty of records of contracts and banking loans. But suddenly the same years that transactions took place in Florence the 1st walls of Florence were built (paid for by taxes). Florence made most of it's money selling wool and silk, and interest on banking loans. From the Levant, to all of Western Europe, and North Africa, it was the bank of Kings and Popes. Florence was where the Medici lived, who practically ruled all of Europe, and with their peers, they financed the entire Renaissance. It was the Medici that found and funded great artists like Michelangelo, Raphael, Botticelli, Fra Angelico, Pietro Perugino, Donatello, and Leonardo da Vinci, and 4 Popes were from that family.
>>
File: Creature.jpg (100KB, 634x654px) Image search: [Google]
Creature.jpg
100KB, 634x654px
>>132399783
>2 posts in and the Christcucks are already fighting over who's fairytale is right

like pottery
>>
>>132404288

Jesus is God, Mary have birth to Jesus = Mary is the mother of God.

By saying Mary isn't the mother of God you are saying Jesus is not God...

No Catholic prays to a statue. This is mindnumbingly obvious. They pray to God or they pray for the intercession of whatever the picture/statue represents.

The Chrurh was called Catholic by Ignatius in 1AD. Before the books of the bible were officially decided on (by the Catholic Church)
>>
File: 1492754093657.jpg (659KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1492754093657.jpg
659KB, 1280x1152px
>>132404850

Revenge of the Goy
Their power slowly increased from the 1100s to 1500s, with a brief ShekelShoah right before the Black Plague in the mid 1300s. But after the black plague the Merchants they prospered bc God took care of the filthy goyim. Then suddenly something happened. In the 1500s trade contracted, kings stopped doing taking out loans, cities refused to commerce with Florence and dozens of other Merchant cities in Italy that also financed the Renaissance. At first it was in Northern Germany, and England but then it spread all through out Europe, until Florence totally shut down all it's banking and trading to Italy exclusively, except for certain places in Spain, France, and the city of Amsterdam. They were so skilled and YET in spite of overcoming every obstacle, especially early on, it became a husk of it's former glory all in a single century. The very same century as the Protestant Reformation. You see Protestants hated to commerce with Roman Catholics or Jews altogether. Suddenly all these patrons of the arts were without money to fund the Renaissance, so the Renaissance ended, choking them out in competition all over Europe until Florence had no power to even outsell Protestant made fabrics in their own city. This was the Great Shekel War with the Business Goy and his Reforming friends and the Merchant lost, so the Renaissance had to be shut down. This was the second ShekelShoah of this age. So they packed up their bags and sailed all over the seven seas taking their florins and shekels with them. This commenced the Golden Age of Piracy in 1600 and 1700s.
>>
>>132404768
God created all mankind
>>
>>132404364

Show me the scripture that says only the scripture should be used to determine what to do/believe?
>>
File: 1481408517426.png (194KB, 1251x585px) Image search: [Google]
1481408517426.png
194KB, 1251x585px
>>
>>132404878
Jesus isn't God the scriptures don't support this and the concept of a trinity didn't exist until the 4th century when the Roman emperor Constantine introduced this at the council of nicea
Do you support the bible and the authors of the bible who God gave his word to? Or do you support some pagan emperor?
>>
>>132404189
Well said, kinda sad how you can explain a concept to a Protestant several times but he will still purposefully misunderstand it. It's like heretic taqiyya

>>132404878
Just hide his posts like I'm doing, pray he finds his way past this ignorant hate
>>
File: 1496078426992.png (2MB, 1386x4653px) Image search: [Google]
1496078426992.png
2MB, 1386x4653px
>>132405003
Read both anons
>>
>>132404935
That may be, but you're not answering my question. Why is it that this always happens with you jew lovers when pressed on your disgusting practice?
>>
>>132404730
The church fathers were the successors and disciples of the apostles like Titus and timothy.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/history/early-church-fathers/

Here are their writings. God be with you
>>
>>132404980
Mark 7:8-9
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
>>
>>132405044
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all (2 Corinthians 13:14).

To God’s elect…who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood (1 Peter 1:1-2).
>>
>>132404730

The apostolic church fathers were the great saints that the apostles passed the faith on to... Great to know you overtly hate the early Christians who are in heaven right now... A lot of them having died horrible deaths for Jesus Christ.

I know you haven't even read the Church Father, because if you had you would not be a Protestant.
>>
>>132405147
What's your question?
>>
>>132399578
God Bless you brother
>>
Sweet, a LARP thread, I've been looking for one of these.

So, a few days or so ago, some guy linked an article on journeytoorthodoxy about what men like about Orthodoxy. Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity because the best parts about Christianity are the ones that ditch the Jewish aspects and replace them with European aspects, but that's not the point. Out of curiosity I dug further around on the site and found that they, along with a number of big wigs involved in Orthodoxy in the United States, are interested in killing off the ethnic churches and seek to embrace a "church changes to accommodate you and your culture" attitude.

I have to ask: Are they fucking retarded, or just a minority voice? The only thing that makes Orthodoxy unique is that its ethno-denominations are the closest thing Europeans have to ethno-religions... and they want to just go and kill that off and embrace Protestantism?
>>
>>132405044
Emperor constantine was an Arian heretic like you. Arianism is categorically not christian
>>
>>132405270
You can't go back 2 posts to >>132404768 by yourself?
>>
>>132404369
beautiful
>>
File: 1493696424748.jpg (80KB, 862x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493696424748.jpg
80KB, 862x582px
>>
>>132405044

Jesus is God. Fully God and fully man. Mary gave birth to Jesus.

Mary is the mother of God...
>>
File: 1496766461135.jpg (893KB, 1500x2057px) Image search: [Google]
1496766461135.jpg
893KB, 1500x2057px
>>
>>132405374
>ditch the Jewish aspects and replace them with European aspect
European? You mean New Testament? Europe was built on christian values you retarded fuck
>>
>>132405232
That's not saying Jesus is God

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Psalm 83:18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Galatians 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

EVEN THE DEVILS BELIEVE THERE IS ONE GOD BUT CATHOLICS DONT!!!

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Mathew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Mark 1:12-13 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
Luke 4:1-2 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus was being tempted, but God cannot tempt and cannot be tempted!
Explain this trinitsrians it's a lie invented in the 4th century by a pagan! Believe the bible not man made doctrine!
>>
>>132405395
Adolf Hitler was catholic. Actual Poland is catholic. Basically every based country is catholic
>>
File: 1483663710019.png (381KB, 1380x511px) Image search: [Google]
1483663710019.png
381KB, 1380x511px
>>
>>132403377
>t. Cathotard
>>
File: 1498956284630.jpg (74KB, 748x393px) Image search: [Google]
1498956284630.jpg
74KB, 748x393px
Amen brothers
>>
>>132404303
>Show me where I'm the bible it says you can pray to dead people

We don't pray to dead people, we pray to God, who is connected and in eternal communion with all the souls of Heaven. Through, God, we contact the souls we know are neither in hell nor in purgatory (IE the Saints). We do not ask them for anything except prayers to God themselves, because, as seen in Revelation Chapter 11, the Saints and Prophets bring to the Throne of God the prayers of the faithful.

The passage you are referring to in Deutoronomy specifically forbids the summoning of spirits, necromancy, and seances to obtain information. Praying to the saints is nothing like that.

In Matthew 17:1-8, during Jesus' transfiguration, Elijah and Moses appear to the disciples, at this Peter exclaims “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
Clearly showing his devotion to not only Jesus, but to the prophets as well.
>>
GREGORIAN/LATIN CHANTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by anon.
>>
>>132405211

That says nothing about scripture being the sole source of guidance... Which it isn't, that talks about evil men's traditions and beliefs.

The Protestant tradition is one of heresy and denial of the church Christ founded.

The Catholic tradition is the correct, right believing one established by Christ, carried down by the blood of the martyrs and apostles.
>>
why do i always see people ARGUING over denominations and interpretations in these threads?

some people just can't see the forest for the trees, the irony is totally lost on them too it seems.

god bless
>>
File: maryw.jpg (213KB, 1600x685px) Image search: [Google]
maryw.jpg
213KB, 1600x685px
>>132404878
>The Chrurh was called Catholic by Ignatius in 1AD

Ignatius was born in 35AD, and did not use the term Catholic until 107 AD, 1 year before his death.

so, you're basically entirely wrong considering Ignatius was born 2-5 years AFTER jesus was crucified.

is there a reason why I shouldn't think you're an idiot?

>No Catholic prays to a statue. This is mindnumbingly obvious.
oh man, my sides.
>pic related

>Jesus is God
Mark 1
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God

Jesus is the Son of God.

> Mary have birth to Jesus
yes

>Mary is the mother of God.
no, Jesus existed before Mary, David, and Adam were created.

>By saying Mary isn't the mother of God you are saying Jesus is not God.
well, according to the bible, Jesus is the Son of God, and not God
>inb4 he says he and the father are one
why does he make such a big deal of saying "my father in heaven"

also Mark 3
31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Jesus dramatically questions "who is my mother, or my brethren"
>>
>>132405395
Constantine is a pagan
He invented the Catholic cult
>>132405543
Catholic heresay, you think God was a baby who could be tempted by Satan?
>>132405415
What exactly are you asking here? I already said God isn't from a desert he's just always existed he created all mankind
>>
God is not real.

Stop deluding yourselves with mythical fairytales and fantasies and then self-convincing yourselves of their validity to assure yourself that you are correct in what you think.
>>
File: 486f06b3b1841f79345b8fa660721141.jpg (520KB, 1600x1362px) Image search: [Google]
486f06b3b1841f79345b8fa660721141.jpg
520KB, 1600x1362px
Here are your daily readings
http://usccb.org/bible/readings/070217.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
http://www.newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
http://divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
https://lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
http://www.ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
http://www.latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
http://pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
http://pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
http://pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
http://pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
http://pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

STAKE THE HERETICS
ARAIANS ARE HERETICS
>>
>>132405607
Adolph Hitler was not Catholic, he was an spiritualist-atheist
>>
>>132405588

Lol at the """"""""Christian"""""""" saying Jesus isn't God.

You are seriously talking down to Catholics with damnable beliefs like that? Pfft.
>>
>>132405855
Back to r_kekistan_XD you go
>>
>>132405773
You blindly follow your Roman pagan cult even though it's anti Christian
Tell me, why didn't the pope order the fags who raped little boys to be hanged? The bible says to kill rapists and homos
>>
I would like to know how do Catholics justify this?

>And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ

Jesus is very clearing say do not make up Authoritative titles in the Church because Christ is the only Authority , Despite this command Catholics still follow a pope which ironically enough means "father"

Catholics also Pray and worship others besides God such as Mary and the saints even though an Angel told John very clearly not to because he was just a fellow servant

>Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!" And he added, "These are the true words of God." At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "DONT DO THAT! I AM A FELLOW SERVANT with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. WORSHIP GOD!
>>
>>132405712

Very well said

You notice a distinct different in class from Protestants and Catholics. One is hateful and rabid, the other is calm and polite.
>>
>>132405395
>constantine calls the council of nicea, and gives it authority
>council of Nicea calls Constantine a heretic
>catholics accept hypocrisy

>Arian heretic like you. Arianism is categorically not christian
>has never read Mark 1 in his entire life.
>>
>>132405935
>being this burger
Only through God you gain knowledge. Being protestant and being this dumb, i dare to say that you are praying to the wrong church brother.

you are not very wise
>>
>>132403587
John 6:53
53So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day
>>
>>132405981
Sorry I was sneezing while typing and must have accidentally changed my flag somehow,
The idea of a trinity didn't exist until the 4th century
And the first person to propose this was the Roman emperor
Sorry I don't trust some Roman pagan, the bible doesn't support it, the early church doesn't, wouldn't the bible say "Jesus is God" why did it take 300 years for us to find this out? And form a Roman pagan emperor
>>
>>132405803

Clearly I meant 1st century AD. Not 1 AD. Already corrected myself...
>>
>>132405855
To say that everything came into being out of accident is possible but the chance are so low that it's better to just follow occams razor.
I suggest reading the hidden reality by brian greene, I'm not saying it's a proof of God but just so you can put in perspective the chances.
>>
File: 1dd8f273d27cbdc50f30c4cd83719c6b.jpg (281KB, 1024x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1dd8f273d27cbdc50f30c4cd83719c6b.jpg
281KB, 1024x1254px
POST GOOD PCITRUS GUYS
>>
How many of you would take arms if our Pope declared a crusade_ver.2?
>Like the good ol' days
>>
File: ChristiansWelcomeRefugees.jpg (51KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
ChristiansWelcomeRefugees.jpg
51KB, 540x300px
lol, Christ cucks.
>>
>>132399491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJa6YLVNoA
>>
>>132406242
If you dont support pagan shit in the church then most of the saints and holidays are irrelevant. Like saint John that marks the solistice or christmas
>>
>>132406202
He didn't mean it's literally his, otherwise this would mean he's preaching against scripture, he didn't support this he supported scripture

Matthew 5:18-19
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
>>
>>132406408
Yeah I agree
>>
>>132406340
probably protestants
>>
File: 1493422647320.jpg (70KB, 595x774px) Image search: [Google]
1493422647320.jpg
70KB, 595x774px
>>132406340
>>132406340
>>
>>132405712
>Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!" And he added, "These are the true words of God." At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "DONT DO THAT! I AM A FELLOW SERVANT with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. WORSHIP GOD!

Explain this then
>>
>>132406111
>constantly spewing memes and shitting up /pol/
>class
topjej
>>
>>132406110
Jesus is saying to call no man, not even him, the father as in god the father. God the father is entirely invisible thus cannot exist in the physical form of a man. No one calls the pope or their priests or their own fathers god the father
>>
>>132406337
We have to take arms against the pope

Leviticus 26:15
And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:

Leviticus 26:17
And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

Leviticus 26:21
And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

Leviticus 26:22
I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

Leviticus 26:25
And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

Leviticus 26:38
And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up

The pope is encouraging this, he is bringing the heathens here and the beast of the field

Leviticus 20:23
And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

Leviticus 20:24
But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 26:7
And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
>>
>>132406242
well, the trinity of father son and holy spirit is even in the kabbalah, and the gnostic gospels.

regardless of what you might think of the kabbalah, its super useful in proving the supernatural origin of the old testament, and its science of skipping letters can even be used to find Jesus Christ in code in the OT
>>
>>132405776
Peace be with you
>>
File: 1483664126826.png (410KB, 869x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483664126826.png
410KB, 869x500px
>>132406614
pLENTY of Popes have been whites only, if not all but the most recent even the more corrupt ones
>>
>>132406274
clearly you're still wrong, because 107AD makes it the 2nd century, and not the first, so you're still wrong.
>>
>>132406242

The Church fathers were saying Jesus was God the son, 2nd person of the holy trinity in the 1st century.

The is one God, in three persons... Father son and Holy Ghost.

Thus:

"In the beginning there was the WORD, and the word was WITH God, and the word WAS God..."

"And His SPIRIT moved on the face of the water..."

Jesus is the Word. The bible states explicitly that the Word was both WITH God, and in fact WAS God itself. Gods spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Thus God is the trinity. One God, three distinct persons.

You should not be giving your opinion with a-Christian opinions like the one you have. You're opinion of God is more like Muslim than Christian.
>>
>>132406110
We do not worship Mary or the Saints. We venerate them. Veneration is a deep respect, the same way you respect your father, or other authority figures. Please read my post here>>132405712 For an explanation as to why we pray to the Saints and Mary

At to your first question "(Matthew 16:18-19) " And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
>>
>>132406711
Doesn't matter, why didn't he remove the pagan influences from the church?

http://jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm
>>
File: 14.jpg (17KB, 281x425px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
17KB, 281x425px
>>
>>132406614
>leviticus

omg kys quickly
>>
>>
Seventh-day Adventism & other fundamentalist primitive Sabbath-keeping sects.
Their readings of the scriptures are unparalleled in their diligence and their sermons are powerful -- the church is currently in the midst of a civil war as Jesuit saboteurs have infiltrated & tainted various chapters (they brag about it).

History of Catholicism & the Reformation
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
sermon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtMppMjSjOw

Catholics rely on human customs & traditions backed up by dubious biased histories, human decrees, and political force to exert their will -- the history of the Catholic Church is one of Satanic abuse. Vatican tampered with God's Law -- their Catechism removed the 2nd commandment, altered the 4th, and split the 10th to preserve the #, they changed the dates & times, and instituted Pagan festivals, use idols, use false intercessors like Saints & Mary, when Jesus alone is the Way to the Father, and they're even presumptuous enough to claim the authority to pardon sin. "Peter being the rock & having the keys" isn't a justification for Papal hierarchical arrangement whatsoever -- read the books written by Peter, he never in anyway condones this heresy that we see today. Upon the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus, the Church was small, far-flung, and fragile, Peter was raised up to clarify and give context to the example laid by Christ to the early church -- so yes, the "church was built on Peter" which is to say, the teachings & clarifications of Peter -- not the man or any man -- Jesus is the foundation on which we must place our faith.
Orthodox have many of the same problems as Catholicism.
Faggot-sects of "Protestantism" have lost their balls and are no longer standing up against the seat of the Antichrist power which is Popery and 99% still Sunday worship. Although the early Reformers didn't agree on much, they got the ball rolling and agreed that Papacy was illegitimate.
>>
>>132405773
2 Timothy 3:16-17New International Version (NIV)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Use of the rosary is like a Buddhist prayer wheel.

Matthew 6:7

2 Timothy 3:16-17New International Version (NIV)

"When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again.
>>
>>132406769
These one, but in three, but it's one, even though it's three, so if I have one dollar, I really have three. Get it?
Retarded Catholic logic, no wonder 50% of all Catholics are niggers.
>>
File: Immanuel-Kant-for-Pianko-5-15.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Immanuel-Kant-for-Pianko-5-15.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
Genesis 2:25
Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

Only Bible quote that matters.
>>
>>132406242
Constantine didn't propose the trinity as he was an Arian like you. Read John. The word was with god and the word was god. Jesus is the word of god and is god
>>
>>132406848
>I hate God I don't trust what he says kill yourself if you believe his word
>>
>>132406524

A simple concept that Prots can't understand PRAYER AND WORSHIP ARE NOT THE SAME.

If I ask my brother, "will you pray for me?" Is that worship?

No. Catholics do not worship any creature. We ask for intercession from saints, to pray to God for us. Which is clearly an original Christian belief.

It is also in the bible, just in one of the books Martin Luther ripped out of the bible because they proved his heresy false.
>>
>>132406524
Please cite what you are quoting so that I can read it for myself. But the simple explanation is we do not worship anyone but The One God. The saints are holy people to whom we have a deep respect, like the respect the Jews have for the prophets.
>>
>>132406603
If thats the case why did Jesus say

>My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
>>
>>132406823
read this
Tell him that I have long been considering with myself about the case of the Angli; to wit, that the temples of idols in that nation should not be destroyed, but that the idols themselves that are in them should be. Let blessed water be prepared, and sprinkled in these temples, and altars constructed, and relics deposited, since, if these same temples are well built, it is needful that they should be transferred from the worship of idols to the service of the true God; that, when the people themselves see that these temples are not destroyed, they may put away error from their heart, and, knowing and adoring the true God, may have recourse with the more familiarity to the places they have been accustomed to. And, since they are wont to kill many oxen in sacrifice to demons, they should have also some solemnity of this kind in a changed form, so that on the day of dedication, or on the anniversaries of the holy martyrs whose relics are deposited there, they may make for themselves tents of the branches of trees around these temples that have been changed into churches, and celebrate the solemnity with religious feasts. Nor let them any longer sacrifice animals to the devil, but slay animals to the praise of God for their own eating, and return thanks to the Giver of all for their fullness, so that, while some joys are reserved to them outwardly, they may be able the more easily to incline their minds to inward joys.

-Pope Gregory the Great on paganism
>>
>>132407006
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

According to your logic everyone is God then

I'm one with Christ, Christ is one with God
You think I'm God?
>>
>>132407202
you know, the bible actually says you're a god.

Psalm 82:6
have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods' ?
>>
>>132407202
You are not the Water of Life. He's the Logos.
>>
>>132407012
You are taking things out of context and preaching jewish law. you are not making sense. I recommend praying the rosary and you would cleanse the degeneraçy out of your God forsaken country.
>>
>>132406819
Prayer is a form of worship the direct definition of prayer is

>Prayer (from the Latin precari "to ask earnestly, beg, entreat")[1] is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an OBJECT OF WORSHIP through deliberate communication.

Throughout the entire history of the bible all of the Prophets and all of the Disciples only prayed to God only, not to his angels or to anyone else but GOD because doing so would be worship,
>>
>>132406753

Wow, nice one Prot, or just conceded the the church (that gave you the bible to degrade) was called Catholic before the bible was pulled together.

The church was called Catholic in the 1st century... I'm sorry; I mean 7 years after the first century... Still before the Catholic Church pulled the bible together officially.

(Strong Google skills, by the way.)
>>
>>132407202
You are not one with Christ or God. Only the souls in Heaven are one with God.
Also:
>There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

All this does is refute your ideology of racism, and confirm the Catholic nature of the Church. Catholic means universal. It is the church for all mankind, Jew and Gentile, Greek and Roman, Black, White, or Brown.
We are all the Church, the body of Christ on Earth.
>>
>>132407343
>when you're so philosophically barren, you have to hijack stoic terminology
embarrassing
>>
File: 2017-06-30-02-26-47-.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-30-02-26-47-.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
If we have a notion of perfect yet we are all imperfect then there must be a perfect being. That perfect being must exist to be perfect IE god exists.

Checkmate atheists and pagans.
>>
>>132399491
Jesuits are not Christians.
>>
>>132407109
Because they are both one god. But the father is not the son and the son is not the father. They are unified in a hypostatic union but are distinct
>>
Is there a chance of unifying the Churches as 1 so we could make our own clay?
>>
>>132407331
Jesus isn't either
God can't be tempted
Jesus was
It's just common sense
>>132407348
No the rosary is sinful
Trust me I wish I could be blind and go back to being a Catholic, finding some harlot in a catholic church and being convinced life is great.
>>
>>132407385
Again, it is impossible to pray directly to the Saints. We pray to God and through him invoke the saints which are one with him in Heaven
>>
>>132407413
I'm not racist
I never said anything against Greeks, Jews, Portuguese, British, French etc,
>>
File: 2538341339994126178.jpg (809KB, 2024x2872px) Image search: [Google]
2538341339994126178.jpg
809KB, 2024x2872px
>>
File: 1491537550796.jpg (63KB, 620x839px) Image search: [Google]
1491537550796.jpg
63KB, 620x839px
>>132399491
>Jesus Christ will reign forever!
Amen.
>>
>>132407397
>Wow, nice one Prot, or just conceded the the church (that gave you the bible to degrade) was called Catholic before the bible was pulled together.

you missed the part where I said

>the earliest recorded instance of the phrase catholic church being used was 107 AD. and before then the canon of the gospel was established and in circulation in 40-70 AD.

>also the greek word Katholikos the greek word meaning catholic appears approximately 0 times in the bible
>unironcailly enough, a "catholic" meaning universal church is mentioned several times in the gnostic or "heretical" gospels.

you also ignored the entirety of my post in >>132405803
>>
>>132407447
>The word was God and the word was with God.
Revolutionary.
>>
>>132406769
Prayer is a form of worship the direct definition of prayer is

>Prayer (from the Latin precari "to ask earnestly, beg, entreat")[1] is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an OBJECT OF WORSHIP through deliberate communication.

>If I ask my brother, "will you pray for me?" Is that worship?

No thats not worship because your asking your brother to pray to GOD for you but if you ask your brother will you pray to me instead of to God then that would be considered worship
>>
Go look up the similarities between a black mass and a Catholic mass. The only difference is the colors of the robes.
>>
>>132399578
>I'll be praying the Rosary,
Bless you.
>>
>>132407094
of course brother

>Revelation 19:10
>>
>>132407680
>this concept that's been established prior is in fact my completely contradictory thing to said concept but I'm going to hijack it anyway
Semites everyone
>>
>>132407585
You've said things against niggers and Jews. Niggers are as much part of humanity, and thus as beloved by God as you or I. Jews are so beloved by God that he chose them as his first sacred people
>inb4 niggers aren't people
I shouldn't have to say this but basic genetics proves this wrong.
>>
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/pics_03/p_salute.jpg
>>
>>132407508
The church is unified as the body of Christ is perfect and cannot be split. The pope has rescinded the excommunications and welcomes all Catholic communicants even if they reject Rome. The ball is in the court of Constantinople to allow their communion to receive the Eucharist at Roman churches
>>
>>132407919
I never once said anything against Jews
Do you mean Talmudists? The Talmudists are the synagogue of Satan, they reject Christ they killed God's only son, how can they be his chosen? They aren't Jews they're liars
Niggers are the beast of the field read the bible
>>
File: IMG_20170702_154141.jpg (95KB, 720x879px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_154141.jpg
95KB, 720x879px
one life,one love,one king
Jesus is lord,Jesus is coming
>>
>>132405395
Arianism, better known as true Christianity, is more Christian than polytheism. The LORD our God is one LORD. Jesus said, 'the Father is greater than I'. Arians like Tyndale, Servetus, Waldo and Sozzini were conscientiously trying to seek a purer way to worship God and serve Christ, and they were persecuted and in some instances killed. The persecutors showed themselves to be apostles of Satan. Satan is the persecutor, not true Christians. '

>>132405543
3+3+3=26
>>
>>132407486
agreed
>>
>>132405981
Catholics know next to nothing about the Bible, they prefer the doctrines and traditions of men, such as enforced celibacy and priest transfer after kiddy fiddling. But many seem to feel next to no shame about this
>>
File: jesus.jpg (434KB, 1340x2048px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
434KB, 1340x2048px
>>132408113
THIS
>>
>>132407514
So you have no salvation and God will lay His punishment on you since you have forsaken His word.
>>
>>132408158
Amen the Catholic cult is a political tool, they deleted 90% of the scripture, made it easy to join, anyone could, oh you raped a little boy? Don't worry we will ignore that just give us money and be loyal to us :^)
They made their own man made doctrine
The Catholic cult is a scam!
>>
>>132408158
The father is greater than Jesus in the sense that he is the Godhead and the first among equals in the trinity. He also beget the logos and is the source of all.

God chose to smite those heretics for slandering and promoting vile heresies
>>
>>132407785
oh man, did you just take the quote where Jesus gives Mary as Johns mother out of context?

read mark 3
31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
>>
>>132408320
I trust his word 100% which is why I reject the man made doctrine of the Catholic cult
If I'm wrong I will find out when I die, until then I'm not convinced of the man made doctrine of the Catholic cult, I think it's sinful. And I have yet to see a single Catholic nation succeed
>>
>>132407500
>But the father is not the son and the son is not the father

Jesus didnt say that God was one in three he said God was ONE

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is ONE Lord:
>>
>>132408437
Blasphemy
>>
>>132408320
I'm a Catholic like you, but do not accuse him or judge his soul. satan is the accuser, that's what his name means and when we do that to our brothers we are being like it. Only God can judge his soul
We must be patient with heretics, and pray for them so that one day they may see the light of God.
>>
>>132406819
Veneration is the same as worship, or at least very few Catholics with little theological education would be aware of any difference. Having attended Catholic services, I observed or heard no distinction made between any forms of veneration, whether toward the idols on display or any other kind. In fact the only veneration/worship that was evident was towards the idols present.

Jesus is the 'rock mass' (petra) in that verse, whereas Petros was one of the foundation stones of Revelation. Jesus used those two words in that verse.

1 Corinthians 3:11 states:
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Peter did great work and added to the foundation laid, as did others like John, Philip and Paul.
>>
Isnt the Orthodox Church closest to the practice of the original church?
>>
>>132407567
>We pray to God and through him invoke the saints which are one with him in Heaven

If thats true and the saints are one with God in heaven than why did the Angel tell John not to worship him? If according to you and they were one than there would have been no need for the angel to tell John not to worship him since he was one with God but thats not what happened.....
>>
>>132408594
you are believing a religion a man created in order to divorce his wife against God's will.
Absolute heresy.

Catholic countries discovered you.
>>
>>132408594
south germany is mostly catholic and it's productive. austria is catholic. switzerland is majority catholic.
>>
>>132408686
>you're a heretic because you don't accept our pagan man made doctrine!
I want Catholics to be saved, I have nothing against Catholics, the catholic man made doctrine I hate! It's sinful, it's wrong, I want you to be saved I don't care what Church you belong to, where you're from, who you are, just open your bible and really read it, look into it! The Catholic doctrine makes no sense! Ignore your priests teachings for one day, look at it from the perspective of someone completely new to this. What do you think?
>>
>>132408686
Amen amen. He most likely knows not his ignorance and if he lives good like claims then his soul will be saved.

My priest put it interestingly that salvation is an opt out thing not an opt in. You have to with full knowledge reject god and reject repentance
>>
>>132408686
I'm being patient, brother. but it's said to always giving a helping hand and make our mislead brothers to take the right way. I was not cursing him, i was just alerting him. I'm doing God's will
>>
>>132408891
No I don't, Jesus said divorce is forbidden except in the case of fornication
I personally think divorce should be outlawed.
>>132408900
That's completely false, everywhere in Europe is mostly atheist, if they say they're catholic, or whatever it just means "that's what my parents are and I got baptised in that" the vast majority of Europeans don't believe it.
>>
>>132408569
>did you just take the quote where Jesus gives Mary as Johns mother out of context?
What are you babbling about?
>>
>>132408823
No as they reject the protos and seat of peter whereas the early church always looked to rome to resolves disputes and for guidance
>>
>>132409185
Well, the "protestant church" was created in order for the king to get divorced.
>>
>>132399491
>Visit Christ/chan and other bible christian threads and see how they are left in peace.
>Visit Catholic general and see how we are constantly attacked

mmm makes you wonder
>>
>>132408824
Latria is reserved for god alone. Being one with god doesn't make you god
>>
>>132407702

Because the devil inverts everything God does... The black mass is often the Latin Catholic mass backwards.

Notice the devil doesn't copy and invert the Protestant "mass" because he is the progenitor thereof
>>
>>132409296
Protestant means someone who doesn't recognise the authority of the pope
That's it, there is no "Protestant church"
Anglicanism, wasn't even the first Protestant church.
From my perspective you can't be a Christian unless you're a Protestant because you have to reject the false man made doctrine of the Catholic Church.
>>
>>132407006
I am with you and I am you. Jesus was 'a' God, the indefinite article doesn't exist in Greek and has to be inserted according to context. The uses of the word 'theos' (God) earlier in that verse were preceded by the definite article 'ho', therefore they were talking about The God, whereas Jesus nature is god, or godlike
>>
>>132409560
But you have to understand just why it was created.
Protestants are lambs without a pastor.
>>
>>132409473
On a serious note....

Can anyone explain why the Vatican own a telescope in AZ?

How about thier obsession with extraterrestrials?
>>
>>132408290

There are more Protestant pedo priests than Catholic. Fact. You just don't hear about it because Satan only wants to slander the one true church of Christ.

He doesn't care to slander a "church" under his dominion
>>
File: 1478293850965.jpg (123KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478293850965.jpg
123KB, 900x600px
>>132408822
>Thou shalt honor thy mother and father
>>
>>132409378
It is our cross we must take up for being the body of Christ they will mock us and hate us and hurt us. It is the burden of being the body of Christ. We take up the burden because we must though because we love god
>>
>>132409473
do you honestly believe the Lord will persecute protestants?

>>132409560
>there is no protestant church
this is why i find it so odd we are constantly called out by Catholics and Orthodox alike
>>
>>132409718
A Catholic is a sheep walking towards the slaughter
>>
File: get-a-load of this guy cam.jpg (85KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
get-a-load of this guy cam.jpg
85KB, 500x388px
>>132409560
>you can't be a Christian unless you're a Protestant
>protestant
>not orthodox
>>
>>132408594

Do you understand that during the European "golden age" there were no Protestants? Protestantism is 500 years old... Europe is Catholic first and foremost.
>>
The true church of Christ, apparently....

https://heatst.com/world/vatican-reeling-as-priests-suspected-of-gay-orgies-and-visiting-swingers-sites/
>>
>>132409400
As i said before by every definition including biblical definition prayer is a form of worship so when you pray to Mary or when you pray to the saints you are worshiping them, Why do you think that the Prophets and Disciples of the Old testament and the New testament only ever Prayed to God alone and not to his angels because his angels are his servants not God according to revelation
>>
Fun fact of the day.

The Founding Fathers thought the Bible was mostly bullshit. However they had a moral code

Diests.....
>>
>>132408686

This is true. Sometimes I am guilty of this, you are correct.
>>
>>132409925
Orthodoxy is one side of the Catholic coin >>132409944
I don't care about that it's more important to follow God's word
And besides Britains golden age was in the 19th century
>>
>>132409860
For we follow in the footsteps of the lamb and martyrdom is the greatest trial before eternal life
>>
>>132408824
>Having attended Catholic services, I observed or heard no distinction made between any forms of veneration, whether toward the idols on display or any other kind.
The Catholic Mass does not make any reference to Mary or the Saints, aside for the creed, which is a simple statement of belief, neither worship nor veneration.

Also petra doesn't mean Rock mass, it means stone, and I don't know how you could possibly deny that he was referring to Peter, Jesus is clearly addressing him, and even calls him by name (changing his name from Simon to Petrus).
>For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid,
This is referring to the Church that Jesus founded, which as stated previously, the apostles were given power and jurisdiction over
>which is Jesus Christ.
This is a reference to the nature of the Church being the Body of Christ

>>132408824
Angels are not one with God in Heaven. Humans were created for the very purpose of becoming one with God after our final judgement. This is not true for angels, do you think that if lucifer had been one with God he would have rebelled against him in the first place?
>>
>>132407109
>My father, which gave them me, is greater than all

Trinity disproved in one verse

Also John 17:20-23, KJV

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Jesus is one with the Father, and also with his disciples if they are unified, and he prays that all his disciples will be one, united
>>
File: 1475358729200.jpg (45KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1475358729200.jpg
45KB, 500x374px
>>132399491
How do I come back to the faith? I never really gave much thought and stopped caring but seeing the times we live i I feel it's a just thing to do.
It all seems so long and complicated.
>>
>>132410145
Go to confession anon and Confess all your sins
>>
File: confusion.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>132410089
>orthodoxy other side of catholic coin
>not protestantism being other side of catholic coin
>>
>>132408480
>first among equals

lol

That was the title Augustus used, the princeps. There is no such thing as a first among equals. Also God is one. I am a monotheist, not a pagan polytheist. The Egyptians worshipped trinities and neoplatonism derived this idea ultimately from Near Eastern sources, and transmitted it to 'Christianity' via the Councils of Chalcedon and Constantinople
>>
>>132410109
You're not Catholic. I was, and it does mention it.
>>
>>132409839

I know that Protestants are in error and I pray for their being reunited with the church Christ founded.

Satan was the original protestor. And his spirit was the spirit of the reformation rebellion.

I'm not saying individual Protestants are satanic, they are simply misguided and are mostly very good and well intending. But that doesn't change the fact that the Protestant movement is satanic and displays a hatred of Christ, His mother, and the Church he founded.

They hate Christ because they hate His church.
>>
Christianity and Christ is cool and all but I'm more of a people's temple and Jim jones kinda fan.
>>
>>132410145
Go to church, buy or make a rosary, learn how to pray it, pray it everyday (20 min), gradually read the bible, go on the internet to see what are the holy scriptures to reflect in...

It seems complicated but it's not.
>>
>>132409860

Correct. We are sheep, and the goats of this world hate us and seek to kill us.
>>
>>132408624
It's not wrong to condemn a man made organization that has been deflected to serve Satan's will. Although honestly I have nothing against individual Catholics. Sincere Catholics are generally good decent people who have been deceived.
>>
>>132399491
ok but i believe that pope is not the one that sends gods message
>>
>>132410511
kek
>>
>>132409296
The Waldenses were much earlier, although I am not a Protestant, I'm a Jehovah's Witness :)
>>
>>132399491
Fuck you, hail Odin the all father.
>>
>>132410495
M8 I go to daily mas often. The mass contains two parts, the Liturgy and the Eucharist.
During the Liturgy we read scripture, and of course Mary and the Saints will be mentioned in the scripture, but that's not what he's referring to.
The Eucharist is all about Jesus, and his body and blood. Mary and Saints are not mentioned by name during this part of the mass, its all about Jesus.
>>
>>132409749
Not in Australia. Part of this is to do with enforced celibacy, priest transfer and extreme hierarchical officiousness. Enforced celibacy is directly against the scripture

1 Timothy 4:1-3King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
>>
>>132410730
Yes, it's true, unfortunately. But kGod will make things go back to the right path.

Just like we are seeing now with that australian cardeal. God always purge the Evil.
>>
>>132410145

Other anons have you covered... I would say, ignore Protestants. They will lead you down a path of confusion with no clarity or purity of doctrine.

They cannot agree on anything. Read the bible, go to church (try to find a Latin mass church), pray to God, pray the rosary every day, and you will be saved

You may have just embarked on the greatest journey ever anon!

Also, if you want to find God, try celibacy. It is literally the best thing a man can do, the benefits are unbelievable in all ways. Google "nofap benefits" for more...
>>
>>132399884
Not Jésus own words. Matthews own word.
Please stop it with your pagan sect
>>
This is supposed to be the church that Jesus founded and is supposed to be infallible and guided by the Holy Spirit:

>The Vatican has been embroiled in two separate, highly embarrassing, scandals.

>In one, a north Italian priest has been removed from office after allegations emerged that he had been surfing the internet to find gay lovers and had been involved in gay orgies.

>The other, which has generated – if possible – even more lurid press coverage in Italy, alleges a priest in the south of the country is under investigation on suspicion of murdering one of his parishioners.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/gay-orgies-and-murder-scandals-engulf-vatican-10162394.html
>>
>>132409188
26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

you know, just the bible, and how Jesus said to his disciple "behold thy mother" having that disciple adopt Mary as his mother.
>>
>>132411093

https://archive.is/pw5v6
>>
>>132410751
you are a proud happy humble heretic. But you are closer to God, soon you'll see the truth
>>
>>132410501
you didn't answer my question.

do you honestly believe that Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, will persecute me and all my brothers in Christ, because we reject Papal Supremacy, what we see as a manmade heirarchy and a supposed middle-man between us and the lord?
>>
File: quran ksiser.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
quran ksiser.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>132409749
>He doesn't care to slander a "church" under his dominion
>>
>>132410921

You know the bible says celibacy is a good thing, right? You know the apostles were mainly celibate? You know some Catholic priests aren't celibate? You know they aren't "forbidden" to marry, but choose it willingly?

My priest is actually married, but is celibate for the kingdoms sake, as am I by the way... It really is a great thing.
>>
>>132409256
But arent their services closet to the oldest services?
>>
File: il_570xN.1002942332_m5k3[1].jpg (117KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1002942332_m5k3[1].jpg
117KB, 570x570px
>>132399783
Prayer beads are a pagan practice. And borrowed pagan practices and moral conduct are the only reason Christianity is in anyway tolerable.

inb4 pagan larper. If you really believe that Jebus existed and rose from the dead and the Earth is 7000 years old. You're a fucking idiot who belongs in oven. Faith is belief without proof, which is why religion is so fucking stupid. It's stone age superstition and it's a wonder it didn't die out a long time ago.
>>
>>132410501
The Catholic hierarchy was drenched in the blood of dissenters. I am not Catholic or Protestant, but I would never advocate state repression of those whose consciences sincerely differed from mine. Let God judge who is serving him in truth. I freely entrust my future and salvation to God and His Christ, no secular authority need fight my battles. Of course where freedom of worship is threatened, the courts have proven to be bastions of tolerance at least for the most part in the west.

>>132410606
Not so. Although it is true that in some parts of the world (the ME say) anyone who isn't a believer in the Quran is fair game. But I don't see Catholics targeted specifically for murder outside those regions. Belief is often a target for hatred and mockery though in the west, with SJWdom proliferating and reaching epidemic proportions. They hate Christ, generally speaking
>>
The Catholic Church gradually morphed into an alien entity that doesn't resemble Christianity at all.
>>
>>132410921
> Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Literally describes Protestantism
>Forbidding to marry
The Church doesn't forbid anyone to marry, people chose it willingly, as Paul, Peter and all the apostles did
>commanding to abstain from meats
hmm I wonder who does this? It's not Catholics. (Hint its the Seventh Day Adventists)
>>
>>132411313
No doubt his wife isn't.
>>
>>132411180

I am not God so I don't know. I can't make that decision. All I can say is that Protestantism is a source of confusion, blasphemy, rebellion, error, and heresy. Which has spawned countless heresies and falsehoods, displayed a hatred of Catholics and Mary. Killed Catholics. Oppressed them.

It is not a thing of God. God is unity. Unity in doctrine and belief. A thing Protestants do not have.
>>
>>132410308
>>132410556
>>132410984

Thanks you for the suggestions. I think I will go to mass on Sunday, I'll start with some basic reaings too. I appreciate all the advice.

Also, what is the sacrament of reconciliation? Is something like that necessary for someone who didn't really bother with their faith or took it seriously?
>>
>>132411482
You never answered my question about not worshiping the angel or about Prayer being a form of worship or about Jesus command not to appoint authoritative figures in the church but hey Catholics never really can answer the tough questions
>>
>>132411590

You probably think st Joseph and Mary weren't celibate either. Countless Catholic married couples have lived celibate married lives.

If you think it is impossible to be married and celibate, it says something about you, not anyone else.
>>
>>132411687

It is confession. It is nessisary and will be a great thing for you. Jesus entrusted His apostles with the power to forgive sins... So confession is the process of forgiving sins. You will learn all this when you start reading your bible. I advise the Douay-Rheims version.

Talk to your priest about these things, if you have not yet been baptised, baptism will wash away all of your sins from birth. Good luck my friend, I will be prayed for you.
>>
>>132411687
It's just one confession. In order to be catholic you have to confess. you just confess one time to mark your new journey. take it as an symbolic one.
>>
>>132411313
Yes you are right that celibacy is advocated by Jesus, but never enforced. It is wrong to say that the apostles were mainly celibate.
1 Corinthians 9:5
Don't we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord's brothers and Cephas?

It's odd that Cephas or Peter is considered your founder, yet it is well known that Peter was married during Jesus' ministry and here obviously for a long time after. And according to my understanding, the only Catholic priests who are allowed to marry are recruits from other faiths such as Orthodoxy. However according to self-reporting statistics and other sources, most priests in fact are not celibate. A high number of them are practicing homosexuals.

This is one source I googled
https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/yes-there-are-lots-good-gay-priests
>>
>>132412089
Good job anon, keep it up.
>>
>>132411397
Faith is attacked by academic atheists (who really serve Satan and manifest his personality) but cannot be destroyed because it is fundamental to humanity. Faith is an essential part of humanity and even if it is attacked by the powerful or by the fashionable it is still part of what makes us truly human. Men and women of faith have created civilization and morality which as faith ebbs out of human consciousness reveals the emptiness of human substitutes for faith (also the decline in human decency, morality, and civilization)
>>
>>132411841
Mary wasn't celibate after she birthed Jesus because the bible says Mary had other children with Joseph

>"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?"

>"And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife, but kept her a virgin UNTIL she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus
>>
>>132411817
I answered some of these but here goes again
>not worshiping the angel
We do not worship angels, I don't know where you are getting this idea.
>Prayer being a form of worship
Catholic prayer is not worship this is the Catholic definition of prayer
>Prayer is a form of communication, a way of talking to God or to the saints. Prayer may formal or informal. While formal prayer is an important element of Christian worship, prayer itself is not synonymous with worship or adoration.
In any case, prayer to the saints is only made possible by God. We pray through Him to those that are in Heaven with him. That's why you can't pray to anyone who is not a Saint, as a Saint is someone the Chuch is certain is in heaven and not purgatory.
You cannot pray to your grandmother because you are not sure that she is out of purgatory yet.
>Jesus command not to appoint authoritative figures in the church
Jesus himself appointe authoritative figures in the Church see
>>132406819
>And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
but most importantly
> I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
This is a direct bestowment of authority to Peter and to the Apostles
>>
File: 1497993517323.jpg (392KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497993517323.jpg
392KB, 1117x1600px
>>132410130
>we are one
Yes but Jesus didn't clarify meaning one person. He said we are one, that can mean one God or one Will or one Being, all of which are correct. The Church Fathers are all in agreement concerning the trinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSKBGdv07nQ&t=362s
>>
>>132412463
giving birth to a child surely don't preserve your hymen. but i'm not a gynaecologist
>>
>>132411817

You never answered mine: if you asked your brother to pray for you, would that be worship?

Your definition of prayer is faulty. Asking Mary to pray for you is not worship. The bible states the saints delivered prayers from the saints on earth to God. The saints can hear prayers and can pray on behalf on people on earth.
>>
>>132411482
Peter was married. Priests have been forbidden to marry for centuries even if there have been exceptions. Many popes were not celibate, even if unmarried. Some no doubt were gay.

Catholics did at one time forbid meats (at least on friday) although my memory is a little sketchy on this point.

I am not accusing anybody of anything, merely pointing out what the scriptures say and perhaps singling out a cause and effect, if celibacy is enforced (amongst the clergy) expressly against God's word, there will be consequences

>>132411676
I'm not Protestant and I honour Mary. But I don't worship her. Catholics have done a fair share of the killing too, heard of the Inquisition? JWs have practiced non-violence
>>
>>132412668
the popes could actually marry.
>>
>>132411397
>beads are pagan
>trees are pagan
>decorations are pagan
>having a holiday is pagan
>drinking is pagan
>dancing is pagan
>everything is pagan
Why not just ban everything?
>>
>>132411676
>All I can say is that Protestantism is a source of confusion, blasphemy, rebellion, error, and heresy.

I'm sure are many in the catholic church 'heirarchy' that are REAL confused ;)

“For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ” (1 Cor. 3:11)

regardless, I think we're both saved. God Bless.
>>
>>132412463
James, 'the brother of the Lord', actually was in a position of oversight in Jerusalem, more senior at some point than even Peter, if we observe the events of the so-called council of Jerusalem described in Acts 15
>>
File: 1474575392495.jpg (151KB, 652x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474575392495.jpg
151KB, 652x800px
>>132411841
>>132412105
Thank you friends. I'm going ahead with this. I wish you all the best of luck.
>>
Last post, I should have gone about an hour ago but got embroiled here. Please pray for me brothers, because I am an unchaste sinner.
>>132412109
Peter WAS married, but he left his wife in order to serve the church. Don't have time to cite this but please look it up, it's a fact.
>>132412463
Please read this
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/the-case-for-marys-perpetual-virginity
>>
>>132412554
he said, that his followers should be one 'just as we are one'.
I don't follow the Church Fathers, but the scriptures themselves, especially the words of Jesus. And its not true that even they are in agreement regarding the trinity. Polycarp is arian in his theology, and as far as I am aware no trinitarian statements are found in the early 'fathers' like Ignatius, Justin, Irenaeus or Hippolytus. It wasn't until the 5th or 6th centuries that Trinitarianism became dominant. Even in 6th century Constantinople most of the ordinary folk believed in one God and not the Trinity.
>>
>>132413042
Well he was because he was 18 when he met Jesus, the rest of the apostles were around 15-16, we know this bc when Jesus got that Shekel out of the fishes mouth only Peter and Jesus had to pay the Tax, which is one shekel for two adult men which is around 18 yrs or older.

You got married when you were anywhere from 13 to 16 years of age, Peter would have had kids by this point and probably did.
>>
File: 2182053.jpg (199KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
2182053.jpg
199KB, 1024x682px
>>
File: 944bf4ebc269.jpg (565KB, 734x946px) Image search: [Google]
944bf4ebc269.jpg
565KB, 734x946px
>>132413221
Polykarp certainly wasn't ARian because the only letter that we have http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0136.htm
here teaches no such thing but is a line by line quotation of mostly Paul's letters.
His student, his favorite student Saint Irenaeus wrote extensively about the Trinity in Against Heresies
>>
>>132412809
Only in the early days if my memory is correct. At some point the Popes became celibate. In the Orthodox church, (also if my memory is correct) 'ordinary' priests can marry, but not monks or bishops

>>132412824
Puritanism is taking things a bit far I agree, but some aspects of Christmas festivities and Saint worship (or veneration) are taking things too far. One can paint pictures (I'm not a Muslim) but bowing down to them strikes my conscience as going way to far.
>>
>>132412498
>We do not worship angels, I don't know where you are getting this idea.

Prayer is a form of worship

>Catholic prayer is not worship this is the Catholic definition of prayer

It doesnt matter what Catholics describe it matters what the bible describes and according to the bible praying to anyone other than God is worshiping false gods unless you can show me a verse of a prophet or a disciple praying to an angel or saint (which you cant)

>Jesus himself appointe authoritative figures in the Church see

That verse in not Jesus appointing an authoritative figure to the church or he would be going against his own word in Matthew

"neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, the Christ"

The "rock" Jesus builds his church on is Peters faith in him not an actual rock of a church like you Catholics suggest
>>
File: 31_03 (6).jpg (119KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
31_03 (6).jpg
119KB, 800x588px
>>132413221
Ignatious was also a Trinitarian. I've read their stuff and there are direct mentions and descriptions of the trinity, any catholic website will give you all sorts of quotations of them describing the Trinity, Justin Martyr is a favorite of mine who defended the trinity in the 150s AD
>>
>>132413042
I don't believe in Mary's perpetual virginity because of scriptural references. Perhaps you are right that later Peter was unmarried (maybe she died) because he was travelling around a lot and there is no mention of his wife. I can't imagine though that he would have abandoned her, Jesus wouldn't have approved of that surely.
>>
>>132413455
>im not a muslime
[MUDSLIME DETECTED

>>132404850
>>132404908
This "I'm anti idolatry so no art" meme ENDED THE RENAISSANCE
>>
File: 537b87ff60360 - Copy.jpg (104KB, 660x468px) Image search: [Google]
537b87ff60360 - Copy.jpg
104KB, 660x468px
>>
>>132412824
Oliver Cromwell did that actually...
>>
>>132413455
>In the Orthodox church, (also if my memory is correct) 'ordinary' priests can marry, but not monks or bishops
Correct.
>>
File: 1498160828690.jpg (135KB, 720x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1498160828690.jpg
135KB, 720x1022px
>>132413894
KEK that's a good one, I think he made a law demanding everyone wear the colors grey and black I remember. Crazy fucker
>>
>>132412985

God bless you, see you in heaven
>>
>>132413042

God bless you my friend, you are certainly very knowledgable and have done a good thing here

Be assured of my prayers
>>
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.
>>
>>132413439
No mention of the Trinity in this letter. Although he does say : "But may the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ Himself, who is the Son of God". He clearly shows that the Father is Christ's God.

>>132413614
Ignatius merely mentions the Father Son and Holy Spirit together, not describing them as an inherent Godhead.

Justin says: " We will prove that we worship him reasonably; for we have learned that he is the Son of the true God himself, that he holds a second place, and the Spirit of prophecy a third. For this they accuse us of madness, saying that we attribute to a crucified man a place second to the unchangeable and eternal God, the Creator of all things; but they are ignorant of the mystery which lies therein"

He is clearly assigning Jesus a secondary place, and I wholeheartedly agree with him, and am confident that Justin is in heaven right now sharing in the oversight of the 'declaring of the good news'.
>>
>>132413769
But I love art.Maybe I'm an iconoclast :)

I love art, but just as in Deuteronomy I won't bow down to it or serve it.

Romans 1:20-23
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
>>
>>132413998
Protestant bastard. I wish the Jacobites had won.
>>
>>132413591
There is no definition of prayer in the by the definition you quoted earlier was from the dictionary, A secular source. the definition he gave is not secular but inspired by God through his Church
>>
>>132414257
Well of course they are together to deny that is heretical. But you still have a trinity.

>Justin Martyr quote
Again I really don't see this as a denial of the trinity. Nothing explicit.
>but Jesus is secondary
Well The son is begotton by the father eternally. Yes he takes 2nd place. Also the Father is 1st and the son is 2nd in a family. This is not a denial each one being a unqiue person. But what a bout the holy ghost? Well again he proceeds from the Father from what I remember about catholic theology. But they have one will and earch are fully God and each are a separate person. Justin Martyr has loads of disclaimers like thers that I jsut said

>>132414493
Great verse but does not descibe iconoclasm
>>
>>132413998
He was a miserable, joyless blowhard who criminalized any kind of enjoyment because of his insane ultra-calvinist doctrine that is essentially, "God doesn't want you to be happy, it's a sin!"

No wonder they begged Charles II to come back.
>>
>>132414569
Me too. The Stuarts were the last dynasty I liked.
>>
>>132414709
Look I have to disagree with you on these points, but thanks for the discussion and I've got to say that on the whole it was pretty respectful and without animosity, so kudos to you (and others) for that :)
>>
>>132414720
I think some of the tales about the Puritans were exaggerated, a lot of the real excesses were in the colonies, although he was a bit miserable. But for example, plays and music (and dance) were never banned, but obviously anything deemed 'immoral' was verboten. I would imagine some of Shakespeare would have been 'bowdlerized' (anachronistically :) ). Certainly the excesses of Restoration Comedy would have made him turn in his grave. No doubt though that major figures were producing plays at this time (like Garrick, Sheridan, Congreve and Dryden, although Dryden's comedies don't seem all that well regarded). There seems to have been another reaction (quasi-Puritanism) in the English psyche by the 1730s, the success of the 'Beggar's Opera' seems to have offended high minded types. So by 1750 there was a sharp divide in Europe in terms of 'high minded' Europe (often Protestant) and the more licentious parts (often Catholic). Also wantonness was associated with nascent agnosticism and atheism (cf Casanova). Actually I am talking mainly about the arts, but it is true that the droit de seigneur was still widely practiced on the continent. Anyway I don't know where I am going with this...
>>
>>132411122
Yeah, o.k., so? I know. So what is wrong with that being on the image of the Blessed Virgin?
>>
Jesus is lord and bled for you, do what is right when it is your time to bleed for Jesus!
>>
>>132403551
Except that's wrong. Thomas's remains are in India, and Andrew is in Greece.
>>
>>132416608
>Andrew is in Greece
Of that I am certain. He is one of the most venerated saints in Orthodoxy especially in Greece.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.