[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell to do in the current political climate?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: BeGoodNow.jpg (15KB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
BeGoodNow.jpg
15KB, 400x216px
So i've changed a lot on my political compass over the years. I've been trying to convince my hardcore casual liberal family and father to understand how the media and the left is currently cancerous and manipulative. I don't support and idolize Trump - but certain things like the russia narrative are pure garbage and it's well known.
I'm not trying to "convert" him to my political beliefs, i just want to show him what he's been so attached to for so long isn't what he thinks it is. I'm trying to show him not to just believe the media narratives and to show him just how bad things are in the left party.
The thing is, the conversations usually just end up in loud screaming with my father (being of the left of course) ending the conversation and refusing to speak any further.

What the hell can i do? Is it hopeless?
>>
You've planted some seeds. Don't go pulling the plantlings, just let them grow organically.
>>
>>132397515
That's what i've been doing so far. I don't bring up the conversations - but i do carry them on until he's no longer willing to.
People are too focused on who they hate - Hillary or Trump or the DNC or the right or the left- to actually think about anything. Like we brought up BLM and i showed him how all of their heroes weren't innocents just being slaughtered by the police - at one point i could see things clicking but he just blocked it out and focused on something else to end the conversation. I just don't understand why so many people REFUSE to think about anything.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.