/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SALON - Trump Appeals To "White Trash" Voters

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: nancy_isenberg.jpg (203KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
nancy_isenberg.jpg
203KB, 620x412px
The deep roots of “white trash” in America: “Not only are we not a post-racial society, we are certainly not a post-class society”

http://www.salon.com/2016/07/09/the_deep_roots_of_white_trash_in_america_not_only_are_we_not_a_post_racial_society_we_are_certainly_not_a_post_class_society/

>But at the same time, Trump appeals to voters who some people might call white trash voters. He embodies this kind of excess that you talk about when writing about Dolly Parton, Tammy Faye Baker. He’s tacky. He’s like a caricature of a rich person that appeals to poor people.

>Early on he was seen as cornering the white trash vote, his rabble rousing and race-baiting was inciting the revenge of the lower classes. But the problem with that is that someone like Nate Silver has argued that Trump’s voters are wealthier than either Clinton’s or Sanders’s constituencies. So we have two things going on. The visual images of the rallies and the racial tension, which I wrote about for Salon, harkens back to people like [early 20th century Mississippi Governor] James Vardaman, who engaged in this kind of race-baiting, who pitted poor whites against blacks. And he has tapped into class fears and anxieties, particularly in his emphasis on global grade. I think his wall, his famous wall which will never be built, what it really represents is not only the fear of poor immigrants from Mexico and south American coming into the country and creating job competition and lowering the wages of typical Americans, but it’s also a metaphor for keeping jobs in this country, there’s a certain isolationism that’s very appealing to voters who are attracted to Donald Trump.
>>
>>132395197
Please archive or screenshot https://archive.is/Y6ZjV
>>
>>132395197
>(((Isenberg)))
>>
>>132395197
Yeah; that's really gonna win friends and influence people.
Great strategy.
>>
>>132395377
every time

and, yet, each that there is a pogrom, they still wonder why
>>
File: Wut m8.jpg (45KB, 462x466px) Image search: [Google]
Wut m8.jpg
45KB, 462x466px
>>132395197
>HOLY SHIT! THAT TYPE OF RHETORIC WILL SO GIVE THEM A WIN!
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
File: Uhc.png (162KB, 720x787px) Image search: [Google]
Uhc.png
162KB, 720x787px
>>132395197
For the lurkers ;^)
>>
File: IMG_9026.jpg (130KB, 1024x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9026.jpg
130KB, 1024x816px
>>132395197
Just imagine if I wrote a book called Brown trash the untold history of Mexico. I'd be leterally lyinched like a nigger.
>>
>>132395197
Wow. Poor people are worried about lower wages and jobs leaving the country.

What a bunch of shitlords.
>>
File: Photo 2017-05-28, 9 17 20 PM.jpg (123KB, 1024x602px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 2017-05-28, 9 17 20 PM.jpg
123KB, 1024x602px
>>132395197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtRLaTAafk
>>
>>132396367
This america sounds fucking awesome. I am jelly my good gringoid.
>>
>>132395197

When I was aasualted at my jon by a nigger bitch chimping out. She leaves brussing on my arm and the RED HEADED WHITE MANAGER SENDS ME HOME. They nor my own family showed any compassion against the victim ME!

Literally attacked and blamed.

Its not the first time and dead kikes and niggers and commies deserve to die!
>>
>>132396764
No mames wey, soy de Mexicali y mi esposa hillbilly me ayudo a ser ciudedano aqui. Vivo en el estado de Kentucky! Ala verga wey!
>>
>>132395197
I voted for Trump to piss off the kind of people who would write trash like this. It's been a lot of fun!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.