[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The response to terrorism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Rape of Proserpina - Bernini.jpg (93KB, 796x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rape of Proserpina - Bernini.jpg
93KB, 796x1024px
>The response to terrorism is completely overblown compared to how many people it kills. If we actually cared about saving lives, we would divert the counter-terrorism budget into preventing diabetes, kidney failure, heart disease, etc.

How do you refute this?
>>
We could save 15% or more on our counter-terrorism simply by not letting pig fuckers into the country.
>>
>>132359638
>responding to terrorism.
The government's primary function is to protect it's people against violence. (by using violence)

>Budget for curing 'lifestyle' diseases
This isn't the government's job at all.
>>
File: mlpol.png (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
mlpol.png
9KB, 239x211px
>>132359638

>preventing diabetes, kidney failure, heart disease, etc.

sending muslims to the bottom of the sea is just preventing a disease
>>
File: 14987191599.jpg (83KB, 610x461px) Image search: [Google]
14987191599.jpg
83KB, 610x461px
>>132359638
you are missing the point
the point of terrorism isnt the quantity of the people killed in the attack
but the FEAR and Terror that it causes for everybody else
Otherwise it wouldn't be terrorism it would just be murder
>>
The argument for treating terrorism is kind of like the argument for treating hate-crime differently. It's a crime PLUS a threat of crime to others that impacts individuals and overall social happiness.

You could even say it's similar to when countries go to war. If you attack somebody and kill 100 of their soldiers, they'll go to war with you and 100,000 more could die. Why?

I guess it's to send a message. Because if somebody's threatening sovereignty or openly challenging rule of law and social life of the people, you can't just blow it off.

Take the BLM riots. I don't think anybody got killed in those riots, maybe a few beaten and property destroyed, but that's nothing huge. A year later, murder rates in those cities doubled. That's why these things matter.
>>
>>132359638
Terrorism is only the tip of the iceberg. If you want to save lives, kick the browns back home and use the unspent welfare on medical research.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.