[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks for the new party hot spot Climate Change.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1466.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1466.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
Happy 4th of July it turns out your SUV creates epic sand bars. How are the climate change truthers that want you to sit a trannies dick going to spin this into demanding a percent of your power bill?
>>
>>132347646
The planet goes though temperature cycles regularly.
Antarctica use to be a forest, and before that it was a frozen wasteland again and before that it was a forest again.
Yea the weather is changing, but its just going to get cold again in a few hundred thousand years.
>>
>>132347646
wait, i thought with all the climate change the ocean levels would rise and cities would be swallowed. so now the water is going down from climate change. whatever fits the narrative, right?
>>
this is completely unrelated to climate change

it's just a temporary sanbank thrown up by winds and currents that is probably going to erode away again in the near future
>>
>>132347646
>Yea the weather is changing, but its just going to get cold again in a few hundred thousand years.

I think this is the biggest climate threat honestly.

If or when things do get hotter, we can mostly deal with it. Northern regions do become farmable, and the increase in CO2 and humidity do promote more plant growth.

When things get colder is another matter. It's death. The Ice Age is ultra hard mode for human survival compared to dinosaur times climate.
>>
File: sl_ns_global.png (55KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
sl_ns_global.png
55KB, 560x400px
>>132348269
the sea levels ARE going up
>>
File: 67884323456.png (2MB, 680x491px) Image search: [Google]
67884323456.png
2MB, 680x491px
>>132347646
sage
>>
>>132348574
Then why is there suddenly a new island off the coast of North Carolina?
>>
>>132348574
>Trend: 3.4 mm per year

So in 200 years, the sea level will rise 2 feet?

Imagine if back in the year 1817 some fucker warned everyone that the sea level was gonna rise 2 feet. Who fucking cares? Just adapt to it.
>>
>>132348806
although i am not an expert in the subject, i would suggest shifting sands/silts due to the two currents in the area. a similar thing happened near where i live. might be gone after next storm, like what happened to ours.
>>
>>132348806
the coast off of North Carolina has particularly turbulent currents because it's a crucial part of the North Atlantic gyre (you not only have the gulf stream, branching off into the North Atlantic drift and the Canary current, but also deeper boundary currents of cooler water coming south)

with a turbulent regime like that, it's not unexpected that sand banks get thrown up
>>
File: Prepare.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Prepare.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
>>132347646
yellowstone for better climate
>>
File: 57893.png (36KB, 599x336px) Image search: [Google]
57893.png
36KB, 599x336px
>>132348873
you're making a wrong assumption that the sea level rise will be stable for centuries.

Not only has the sea level rise doubled two in speed two times in the 20th century, glaciologists are also telling us that the response of ice sheets to the warming will be non-linear (which can already be observed in the mass loss of the Greenland ice sheet in particular)
>>
>>132347646
The sand bars change and move out here all the time. You really want this to fit your narrative. That's just not happening. We had a sandbar during the civil war on which a fort was built. Underwater now. See, things change along coastal waterways all the time, anon. So tell me, does your narrative support the coastal fort now underwater or the new sandbar appearing out of the ocean? Both? If both, you'll be able to admit that the sea level rising until we are all under water story we've been hearing for 20+years is complete shit. Im open to that.
>>
File: original.jpg (46KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
46KB, 480x640px
>>132347646
I thought we were suppose to be under water from global warming? I am confused?
>>
>>132349684
just retarded
very similar condition
>>
>>132349450
The thing is the sea level can only rise so much. Eventually there will be no more glaciers to melt, and that will happen with or without people existing at all. So may as well get there and get ready for whatever that's gonna look like anyway.
>>
>>132349450
>adjusted data
Wow, it's nothing. I really wish people would take a statistics course once in their lives to understand how statistics are interpreted, and that they can be interpreted incorrectly.
>>
>>132349684
al gore: the ice caps will be gone completely by 2012!!!
2017: guys global warming is ganna make the ice caps completely gone by 2020!!
yea i think ill hold onto my money this time scholmo
>>
>>132348269
Just because the sea level goes down in some places, doesn't mean that the GLOBAL sea levels aren't rising at an alarming rate. Local sea levels =/= global sea levels.

Bill Nye was right, you people should be locked up for hate doubts.
>>
>>132350192
Lol what is a hate doubt?
Sounds like something a petulant child would say when someone disagrees with them
>>
>>132349811
a SLR of a few meters alone is a catastrophe for many coastal cities, destroying property on the order of trillions of dollars. It would furthermore be a catastrophe for entire countries like Bangladesh, which is a low-lying coastal plain, inhabited by 160 million people.

Melting GIC would also wreck the water supply for hundreds of millions of people, that depend on melting glacial ice (because this makes up the majority of river load in large swaths of South Asia and South America during the summer season)

you make it seem like some minor inconvenience, in reality it would be one of the worst catastrophes in the history of human civilization.

>>132349815
do you even know that they did or are you just getting triggered by a word?
>>
>>132350192
Bill Nye lost all credibility after the Sex Junk nonsense.
>>
>>132350454
Your whole post is a hate doubt, and--while I don't condone capital punishment of any kind--your post should carry with it a death sentence.
>>
>>132350731
Butt stuff is settled science, bigot. Deal with it.
>>
>>132348321
>>132348574
>>132349303
>>132349450
>>132350492
Don't worry German bros you can inflate the currency to rip everyone else in the EU off you don't need to reopen Aushwitz for the climate change heretics.
>>
>>132350979
You're not fooling anybody, Aussie. Enjoy your holiday in Britain.
>>
>>132350859
Hahahahaha do you really believe this stuff? An opinion is worthy of a death sentence? What part of my original post is the "hate doubt?" Is this a modern lib or leftist term for your disagreements hurt muh fee fees? You seem terribly interesting, anon. I hope you don't find my interest in your psychology offensive.
>>
>>132347646
NC's outer banks are changing and shifting constantly. Every time we get a hurricane a new inlet forms or a whole island washes away.
t. NCfag
>>
I live in Florida and regularly visit the beaches on both coasts, along with kayaking many of the bays, canals, and rivers that are open to the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. There has been no change in the water level anywhere. The only people we hear about claiming sea level rise are the people in the highly liberal areas around Miami, which makes that very suspicious. Seriously, We've been told forever that Florida will soon be underwater, but nothing has happened at all.
>>
>>132350492
>you make it seem like some minor inconvenience, in reality it would be one of the worst catastrophes in the history of human civilization.
We need to cull about 90% of the population to survive so this sounds like a Good Thing (TM).
>>
>>132351469
This is harassment.
>>
>>132352057
Hahahahaha youre a total badass. Good bait
>>
File: stahp.jpg (23KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
stahp.jpg
23KB, 280x373px
>>132352057
>>
>>132351893
ISIS only wants non-muslims killed, but I guess that's not enough for you
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.