[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do they have a point?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

can video games make you viloint?
>>
>>132287914
I watched a documentary on Netflix on Anders Breivik and one of the psychologists on there said all the hours he spent in WoW inspired him to kill those teenagers on that island.

I always trust psychologists, they got a degree and I don't
>>
If you have a retard level IQ then maybe. Anyone else will just risk getting fat/sociallly jaded.
>>
Video games are for manchildren desu.
>>
>>132288305
this. true grownups spend hours every day on anonymous imageboards spouting memes like myself
>>
>>132288107
He started playing WoW after deciding to kill people, this is very well documented.

The question is who saw this guy playing WoW in 2011 that didn't raise an immediate alarm there was a potential psychopath on the loose?
>>
>>132287914
Video games discourage violence. They teach violence is dangerous.
>>
They do desensitize you to it. It's like growing up in the ghetto and seeing people die left and right. It becomes part of life that you suddenly start taking for granted.

What you do from there though is solely individual. If you are already prone to mental issues such as unchecked anger or something of the like then it's that much easier for you to justify your actions in your head.
>>
>>132287914
No
>>
>>132287914
There are pathetically poor (weak/low) correlations between gaming and competitive behavior, however violent crime trends have consistently fallen while more and more people play video games. If they were a strong causal factor in violence we would see violent behavior on the rise but that simply isn't the case.
>>
>>132287914
Call of Duty by itself has sold hundreds of millions of units. How many players are (((violent))) because of it?

Learn to spell you stupid faggot.
>>
>>132288644
Do you feel safer in detroit or in a renaissance faire/e3?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3vy4lH7t8
>>
No.

Movies don't make you violent.
Comicbooks don't make you violent.
Music doesn't make you violent.
Radio doesn't make you violent.

Stop with the soccer-mom-tier excuses.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.