[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im half way through the joe rogan podcast. Peterson can only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 51

File: jordon.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jordon.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
Im half way through the joe rogan podcast. Peterson can only see the world in great metaphores and ideologies. That isnt what is happening. He is so wrong about it all. Its a bunch of different things. Its not one united phenomenon that is causing everything. There isnt one solution.

People are acting up in university because they are dumb kids studying total bullshit. Then they find a reason to justify it so they can feel like the good guys. There is a lot of ideology searching going on, online its its mostly misfits. A lack of ideological leadership from politicians is partler to blame.
People with jobs and girlfriends and houses and kids on the way arnt kekistanis or anti fa.

He also has a savior complex which is alright but a bit annoying. I dont believe the claim that he has an IQ of 150. All his advice is advice that mothers or fathers would have if their sons would just ask.
>>
Righteousness is one thing, deal with it you faggot hippi.
>>
>>132260931
Yeah he is way too righteous. I agree. He needs to drop that.
>>
>>132260579
>IQ of 150
Mane, everyone here has at least 130. If you really care all that much about IQ you might have some issues.
>>
File: 1491575865729.jpg (1MB, 1118x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1491575865729.jpg
1MB, 1118x1632px
>>132260579
>there isnt one solution

There is only the final solution.
>>
He's idolized by cuckservatives because he appears edgy, but isn't
>>
Yes anonymous guy on the internet why don't you tell us why the most well spoken guy in the last 30 years is wrong. Make sure to mention Paul Krugman, Obama and Keynes are your superheroes while BRAPPPING out your mouth.
>>
>>132261386
Yeah im saying he doesnt have an IQ of 150 unless there is diminishing returns that kicks in really hard.

Joe Rogan is letting him talk and talk but manages to say more pertinent in a couple of sentences.

Especially when he said there is some biological system that rewards struggle when Peterson is still stuck on God.
>>
>>132261687
He doesnt say anything that great. Seriously. He might be the hero that dysfunctional people need but he isnt saying anything to me that I didnt figure out myself.

You wernt able to "clean your room" on your own? Grow up.
>>
File: IMG_6008.jpg (37KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6008.jpg
37KB, 840x630px
>>132260579
Dear pizzanigger; go fuck yourself. Also Have read something from him or Are you one of those morons who only watch Jewtube??
>>
File: Blonde Nazi Girl.png (924KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Blonde Nazi Girl.png
924KB, 1280x720px
>>132260579

This.

I don't get why /pol/ idolizes this guy. His talking points aren't anything new. He isn't edgy. He doesn't bring anything groundbreaking to the table. He's a Jungian psychoanalyst that took advantage of the hysteria created by the new Canadian law to double down on the importance of freedom of speech. His stand against the law is respectable but standing up for freedom of speech is hardly novel or interesting. Other than that his ideology, if you can call it that, is an eclectic mix of traditionalist axioms and boomer logic. He will not usher a new age of Western thought. His thinking is still mired with 68'er leftist rhetoric. I know you young lads are looking for an intellectual base for the New Right. Peterson is not it. Wait a little longer, someone will eventually fill that spot. Jared Taylor is certainly a better choice.
>>
File: 1498660774194.jpg (323KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1498660774194.jpg
323KB, 777x728px
>>132261687
Good name dropping there actually. You've put your finger on the pulse of degeneracy. A+ anon.
>>
>>132262023
He exists beyond youtube and patreon?
>>
>>132262023
He's Irish you dumb Taco fucker.
>>
>>132262023
He isnt able to present himself well in 3 hours with Joe Rogan just letting him speak?

Riiiight.
>>
>>132261687
I hope you didnt waste any real time or an education on philosophy. Its for people who are pathologically incapable of action. Stuck in thought instead of living.
>>
File: IMG_6952.png (298KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6952.png
298KB, 600x764px
>>132262111
Gringo allow me to respectfully disagree. He is the only guy who can talk about this points without sounding like a pandering looney. Just listen to memeleneux or anyone in pop-right. Thid man is not only the best but the only one.
>>
>>132261386

Yeah there's a ton of anons here over 130

I've never seen as many here as I have anywhere else in real life.

Real intelligence.

It's an amazing thing that I don't believe is given any recognition.

/pol/ is the most intelligent place on the internet and I say that with complete sincerity.
>>
>>132260579
I'm at least 130 IQ, and i don't consider myself astoundingly intelligent at all. I can believe he's 150.
>>
File: 1494695613529.png (85KB, 341x321px) Image search: [Google]
1494695613529.png
85KB, 341x321px
>>132260579
i unironically worship kek, have a son wife and house. sometimes the magic finds you
>>
Peterson is probably the most influential living philosopher.

Your critique is shallow and vapid.
>>
>>132262771

I do not question his eloquence, only his content.

No one on here can say with a straight face that he is a right-wing intellectual. All I see is a man that is slightly more sane than leftist intellectuals and actually values traditional liberal values. But that's hardly enough to challenge the status quo. Perhaps his usefulness lies in waking up the brainwashed masses. The fact that so many people on here, and out in his classrooms, see him as a savior shows the lack of father figures in Western society. It's actually sad.
>>
>>132263744
This gringoid knows what's what.
>>
>>132263744
Shallow AND vapid?

Thats like two kids of shallow.
>>
>>132262111
>Jared Taylor
>le genocide face
You people are pussies. You know he actually lives up to his own ideals, unlike you stormniggers. GTFO of 4chan you stupid cunts.
>>
>>132263961

>Jared Taylor
>stormniggers

Opinion discarded. If you're unironically serious than lurk more. Also, what ideals are you talking about? Peterson lives up to an ideal? What ideal? Being a university professor? I don't get what you're trying to get at. Why don't you try being eloquent like Peterson and actually explain your argument without resorting to ad hominem.
>>
>>132260579
I would partly agree with you. Obviously i don't believe he is a genius, but he is surley a two standard deviations above the norm, if IQ is the subject matter. Thinking in ideas is certainly, what more intellegent people do, but only very few exceptionally bright and dedicated individuals manage to make the connetion between those worlds. He certainly tries more or less sucessful to open people a door into the world of ideas, which not everybody is able to do by himself or without help. But the a Genius like Carl Jung can open the door the other way, he for example was able to bring the ideas into our world so to speak. All those advises you think are commen sense aren't common sense anymore and of course this makes him somewhat valuable for many. I disagree with him about his goal not to be "possesed" by Ideologies. I don't believe something like this is possible and in my opinion a kind of nihilism he should want to fight along with the other types of nihilism he tries to fight. His analysis of the left and their ideals are very good, but I don't think he can quiet grasp how far from truth those utopian ideas are and somewhat navie believes into the aristotelian "medias in res"
>>
>>132261738
I tested IQ of 146 in 3rd grade and am a radical traditionalist with views more extreme than Peterson. He is definitely at least 150, if not greater.
>>
File: IMG_6961.jpg (76KB, 891x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6961.jpg
76KB, 891x805px
>>132263800
I aprecciate your view, nevertheless I'd invite you to give hin a chance. And not only to what you see on YT but go and read something from him. Have good one gringo.
>>
File: jung_chaos_god.jpg (99KB, 631x614px) Image search: [Google]
jung_chaos_god.jpg
99KB, 631x614px
>>132260579

>That isn't what is happening. He is so wrong about it all.

He doesn't have the information theory knowledge to connect Carl Jung's collective unconscious/synchronicities to Cult of Kek's root social matrix and meme magic.
It would be interesting to see his reaction when he realizes exactly why the Frog God of Chaos is the most intellectually entertaining synchronicity ever.
The magic of memes really comes from the nature of chaos.
>>
>>132262111
Pretty much.

>Muh commen sense.
>Muh value in traditional roles

So what? It was telling when Joe pointed out that automation and driverless cars will realistically make many people unemployed soon and Peterson was struck dumb. Has he never thought about that threat? Its 10 times the threat that shitty Canadian law presents to the world.
>>
>>132264548
If he came out and said that stupid americans are funny when they tie themselves in ideological knots trying to find some meaning because they cant function without it and its, lol, so pathethic.

Id appreciate it a lot more.
>>
>>132261490

Daisy Dukes?
>>
>>132263961
>you people are pussies
Really uncreative ad hominem.
>You know he actually lives up to his own ideals
Classic Saul Alinsky tatics, try again.
>stormniggers
>stupid cunts.
More ad hominem, you most be a really gifted fellow.
>>
>>132265045
>must
>>
File: 1355836628571.jpg (235KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1355836628571.jpg
235KB, 800x750px
>>132260579
I know...sometimes young girls like you don't understand right from wrong(left)...

Peterson is a half wit that understands the hypocracy of leftist idea's...but lacks the mental ability to finish a thought...

please think more independently...and refuse to hear dumbfucks like Pelosi and schumer...
>>
>>132264648
>Being afraid of technology
Dude, those poor artesans loosing their jobs to the endambling lines. Oh no Díos mío.
>>
>>132265045
You should have left the typo in. You would be surprised how many people would jump on it and embarass themselves.
>>
So far his new series on the Bible is very good, as is Maps of Meaning.
>>
>>132265184
>it will just be repetitive jobs and not what is considered skilled labour
Not keeping up with the news are we?
>>
>>132262111
Agree, there are far more interesting anonymous internet pseudo-intellectuals like Thomas777 out there.
>>
File: iq_by_country.png (28KB, 1357x800px) Image search: [Google]
iq_by_country.png
28KB, 1357x800px
>>132265000
>So stupid he can't tell how stupid he is
>>
yeah man by being a contrarian on an anonymous message board you're doing so much good compared to a man who puts his livelihood and safety as risk in real life. faggots gonna criticize, doers gonna do. guess which one you are?
>>
File: god_of_chaos_butterfly2.jpg (112KB, 675x597px) Image search: [Google]
god_of_chaos_butterfly2.jpg
112KB, 675x597px
>>132265000

You've been blessed with digits.
Have a frog and a butterfly with fractals as a reward for the glory of Kek.
>>
hes a breath of fresh air in the academic world of liberal psychobabble that can articulate traditionalism through an academic way that doesn't make him sound like a fox news demagogue. The fact that he draws an audience in Toronto is pretty impressive imo.

Having that kind of voice in our favor among the usual cesspool is encouraging, especially as he's been so unwavering. I think ideology compels the masses pretty well and i'm hoping to delve into his maps of meaning. He's at least good about demonstrating cultural shifts and narratives from multiple perspectives and taking mythos into a way that makes sense throughout the ages. I enjoy listening to him. Nothing groundbreaking if you're a traditionalist anyways, but at least he's a modern version of tradition that's palatable to modern people.

Also I hate 'postmodernism'
>>
>>132261386
That's why /pol/ falls for the least subtle trollbait every time
>>
>>132265535
MUH DIGITS! DAE PRAISE KEK AND OUR BASED BLACK GUYS???? XD
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_the_Frog#Kek

I didn't know it had a wikipedia page.
>>
>>132265434
>contrarian

The only word that came to my mind when skimming through this thread, and OPs posts. There's no real criticism here.
>>
>>132265820
The digets confirm that I am correct. We should laugh at americans and Peterson fags. Thats is the hight of intellectualism.
>>
>>132265956
Maybe you should learn to spell, you dumb taig
>>
File: Capture.jpg (179KB, 1696x448px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
179KB, 1696x448px
>KEKISTAN IS A COUNTRY FORMED BY 4chan MEMBERS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>132265307
I don't know bro, slamniggers wanting Sharia law and the left supporting them on schoolyard style politics (you don't like muslims, well I do like them) seem like a bigger deal to me.
>>
File: pleasebepatientihaveautism.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
pleasebepatientihaveautism.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>>132265956
>tfw too smart to understand things
>>
>>132265892
He says himself that his audience is basement dwelling, directionless, american man-boys. Its in nicer words of course. Laughing at them and how entry level all his adivice is is not contrarian. Its completely mainstream.
>>
>>132265000
>when people feed my teeny euro ego-peen and say Americans are dumbs dumbs, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Typical European.
>>
>Irish intellectuals
>>
File: 56.png (13KB, 241x263px) Image search: [Google]
56.png
13KB, 241x263px
>>132266451
>>
>>132266192

lmao nailed it
>>
>>132266537
Im just saying Peterson isnt smart and has nothing interesting to say unless you are a NEET american man boy. In which case its a breath of fresh air.

Clean my room? Try to achieve something? Maybe get a career and a girlfriend? Holy shit! Has the US become so pathetic that this is considered intellectualism now??
>>
>>132265215
I didn't want to read ten post with name calling an another another five with "scentific" hypothesis about the correlation of IQ and mistakes per sentence. So basically i tried not to make it even easier to derail this valuable thread, but I also for a secound or so thought about it.
>>132265390
>Thomas777
Never heared of him, would you like to elaborate.
>>132265434
Implying it's really that anonymous here and making those arguments in your more or less ordinary life is completly without any coast.
>>
>>132266565
>buttmad that a popular canadian professor doesn't specifically feed your ego by slandering Americans
>so you come to /pol/ to bitch
>and no one is even talking about your irrelevant country

Feel superior brah,
apparently its the only positive emotion you got going for you.
>>
>>132261738
When I was in Mensa the guy with the highest IQ (162 WAIS) was a garbage man like some Dilbert level shit.

Guy blew all his money setting up an online pawnshop just before ebay destroyed the market place.

Good times. Good times.
>>
>>132260579
>Peterson is wrong
>Oh, my alternative opinion?
>It's just kids studying bullshit, man.
>This is surely a more well-thought insight to human behavior than the insane ravings of a certified clinical psychologist

Neck yourself, bucko.
>>
>>132266745
One of many guys from places like thephora. Here's a thread showcasing some of his posts https://salo-forum.com/index.php?threads/the-gospel-according-to-thomas777.4482/
>>
File: irish-1899.jpg (136KB, 696x378px) Image search: [Google]
irish-1899.jpg
136KB, 696x378px
>>132266565
>>
File: kek.jpg (558KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
558KB, 2448x3264px
>>132266748
His philosphy is constructed around saving the dregs of male society from themselves.
Everything he has to say is irrelevant if you arnt a total loser.

When did we stop laughing at the people who wear shit like this?
>>
>>132262900
Everyone take a look at this post, now read all the posts around it. This is why you all will be trapped in this site. Peterson warned you all that this place wouldn't bring you to a place of your choosing. All I see is arrogance, and buzzwords to connect why the man is wrong.

When it's clear as day what all of your problems are. If you need ideologies to pin yourself to consciousness, it doesn't even seem like you're really talking. These are all just borrowed words. Maybe the guys words are more affecting to me, but Jesus Christ people. Take a look at this post and ask yourself.

Do I really believe this?
>>
>>132266272
Methinks you don't know what the word "mainstream" means, because if you did, you would know that Peterson's advice is not mainstream.

Look at what peterson says. Then look at society.
>>
>>132267145
You are an american monkey throwing poo and I bet your look like a mexican verson of the anglo.
>>
He pointed out/carefully implied Two Hundred Years together isn't translated fully to English

>"gee, I wonder why THAT is?"
>makes you really gee I wonder
>>
>>132266728
Sorry man but if you can't recognize Peterson's intelligence then you simply don't have a knack for recognizing intelligent people. Either that or you watched a 1 video of Peterson with preconceived notions and called it a day.
>>
>>132267451
I work with intelligent people all day long. He is an academic and they are half retarded when you place them outside their comfort zone, which is almost anywhere.

Like how he criticises male SJWs for being sneaky and how that isnt a male trait. Guile isnt a male trait? Leaders are sneaky. Stealth is half of war.
>>
File: 1426960116999.png (99KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1426960116999.png
99KB, 2000x2000px
>>132267269
>tfw too smart to form coherent sentences instead of jerking off to unfunny memes I didn't create
>>
>>132264548

Well fuck me.

That's why I come here
>>
>>132260579
Someone post the most lewd pic of his fit as fuck Trap Assistant
>>
>>132266921
>certified clinical psychologist
Speaking about "certified clinical psychologist" so so you by any chance know, what evidence based medicine is? Ever heared about Cochrane and Peter C. Gotzsche? Because what Meta-analysis show is that there is no significant difference between placebos and actual therapy in most fields of clinical psychology and psychiatry.
>>
>>132263744
shallow and pedantic
>>
>>132267693
>Like how he criticises male SJWs for being sneaky and how that isn't a male trait.
There are two strategies to male reproduction. The main strategy consists of taking females in a territory and pushing out other males. The sneaker fucker strategy is to pretend to be a female so you can sneak one in there while Chad isn't looking. You've really mastered the sophist idiot shtick.
>>
>>132266272
I don't think first part is true, maybe some allusions to it, but I don't think he assumes that is his core audience at all.
And your usage of terms like "entry level" just cements my initial assement 2bh.
It's all so predicable, I've seen a few of these threads pop up lately, they are near identical.
>>
>>132266921
These kids are anti establishment goons just throwing rocks. Any ideology they use to justify themselves is to make themselves feel good. Its not out of principle.

He builds them up as bad guys because he so wants to be the hero he has such a boner for. He stands for everything they are against. Dont you see? He will lead the young men. He is like a god. A metaphorical god!
>>
>>132267730
>sort yourself out
>clean your room
t.Peterson
>>
>>132267693
What? First, do you have any evidence that Peterson becomes half retarded when placed outside of their comfort zone? I sure hope it wasn't that sneaky nonsense you just posted. I'm sure someone even as half as retarded as you are would know that "male sjw's are sneaky like a woman" in its own CONTEXT is completely different than the idea that male leaders are "sneaky" in war.

You may work with intelligent people but your inability to differentiate context makes me think you're not.
>>
>>132268263
>soil yourself out
>tongue bathe your shithole
t. Kraut
>>
>>132260579
I see the daily contrarian thread is here
>>
File: Peterson.jpg (292KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Peterson.jpg
292KB, 2560x1440px
What Jordan Peterson brings to the discussion is a more formal approach to addressing the issues that /pol/ colloquially refers to as degeneracy. Rather than calling the perpetrators of degeneracy and leftism social justice warriors, he refers to them as what they actually are, post-modernists. This alone sets him apart from a majority of right-wing thinkers and voices, as he puts their actions into academic, rather than pop-politics terms. Not only is he able to articulate what the post-modernists are doing, but why they are misguided in a historical and political context.

Many people come on /pol/ and ask what they can do to stop degeneracy, and many answers are given. Peterson takes a more straightforward approach and gives people a clearly defined starting point, clean your room. Cleaning your room is more of a metaphor than an actual request in the physical world. It is another way of him stating what he said in his first interview with Joe Rogan, which is to sort yourself out. What he is trying to get across, which went over OP's head completely, is that in order to make any type of change in the world you need to have yourself in order first. The post-modernists do not think this way and externalize their problems, rather than sorting themselves out.

Peterson is giving sound advice in the simplest of ways. Sort yourself out OP. Clean your room. Then come back and have a discussion.
>>
>>132268037
Retarded. Stealth or "sneakyness" is half of war and war is as male as it gets. Cunning is required for politics.

He is just obsessed with hero figures.
>>
>>132268712
>muh based platitudes and Sparknotes Machiavelli
>>
>>132268339
>>132268339
>soil yourself out
>tongue bathe your shithole
In context with the "room" you previously posted you seem to have a very strange fascination with bodily fluids. I'm sure Peterson could help you.
>>
>>132268321
He was placed outside his comfort zone when taken from an academic environmnent and confronted with stupid kids doing stupid shit and he is trying to portray it as a battle between good and evil for the future of western civilization.

I agree the people bullying him are particularly antisocial but they will just go away as they get locked up for petty crimes, get dead end jobs and fall pregnant.
Example being professor bike lock. What a retard and this guy is a professor.
>>
>>132268889
I'm just quoting you word for word. Don't get upset.
>>
>>132268877
Its retarded. He hasnt thought it through. He is just over stimulated by the attention.
>>
>>132268990
Jordon, stop. You are embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>132268463
Elegant, good on you.
>>
>>132269014
He isn't the first one to make that observation. Any shit for brain who has spent time around these people know how they think. The amount of male feminists who have been accused of rape or sexual harassment is a testament to it.
>>
>>132269090
>Jordon
>Jordon
>Jordon
>Jordon
>>
File: anti heros cant be masculine.jpg (87KB, 390x513px) Image search: [Google]
anti heros cant be masculine.jpg
87KB, 390x513px
>>
>>132267231
Methinks mainstream in leafland lacks the magnitude comparable to the Mississippi of mainstream we burgers exist in. Us and nigger Jim are through with the sjw ideas of academia, hence our new king.
>>
>>132269222
>The boi who got buttfucked by the Prince of Bithynia and wept like a girl when he realized he wasn't as great and Alexander
>masculine
>>
File: lel.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>132269303
>Classically educated

How sad is your life? You had that shit on the tip of your tongue! Its gone pathetically wrong, right?
>>
File: Peterson1.jpg (49KB, 640x543px) Image search: [Google]
Peterson1.jpg
49KB, 640x543px
>>132261876
All you got from that podcast is cleaning your room? Peterson is clearly talking WAY over your head. It's probably smart for you to stop watching content that's too intelligent for you to grasp.
>>
File: leliberatorface.jpg (24KB, 276x280px) Image search: [Google]
leliberatorface.jpg
24KB, 276x280px
>>132269445
I don't speak Taig. Speak up, boi, before I smack you 'round some more.
>>
>>132262023
>calling a potatonigger a pizzanigger
>not even using the proper term pastanigger
mexican intellectuals...
>>
>>132269491
>get on with your life
He is an american genius.
>>
>>132269445
You really don't have a complaint other than "this is common sense to me." That's the point, faggot.
>He might be the hero that dysfunctional people need
where do you think you are?
saged for op's faggotry
>>
>>132269796
>irish edacashun
>>
>>132269640
Yeah. I nailed it.
>>
His biggest problem is not finishing a point. He goes off on tangents too much and it's fucking frustrating.
>>
>>132269987
Has he said even one thing that you didnt know already or thought yourself?
>>
>>132260579
Jordan Peterson obviously isn't right about everything (like the shit he says about nazis), but I do believe he is quite smart and that he is a good teacher.

There's nothing wrong with his iconographic way of viewing the world, it's just very abstract and out there. It's good for understanding the system as a whole, it's your own job to take the things he says in general and weave it together with all the micro-details.
>>
File: ecwZW77.jpg (67KB, 620x637px) Image search: [Google]
ecwZW77.jpg
67KB, 620x637px
>>132268463
that's a good thing, man
>>
File: 6216958.jpg (120KB, 790x843px) Image search: [Google]
6216958.jpg
120KB, 790x843px
>>132269889
>he mutters to himself, as he walks away with head hung low and hair fluttering in the wind
>>
File: UIbbXAw.jpg (90KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
UIbbXAw.jpg
90KB, 600x593px
Start Here:

Riggedit.com

Then you will understand the need for responsibility.

>"I am halfway through..."
Watch maps of meaning before you say anything about JBP.
>>
>>132270281

His analysis of Adam and Eve was interesting.
>>
>>132269491
He is against postmoderism, but yet he seems to be fine with the most obvious results and symptomes, like third world migration into western countries, extensive rights for females and so on. Classical liberalism in the form Peterson himself believes in is just a early from of Postmodernism and inevitably, if we would start from there once more the later Forms of postmodernism we are withnessing now would occure again after a relativly short time.
>>
>>132270469
But im a chad, apparently. I could act in positive ways in my life without an internet father figure shaking me and giving me common sense advice.
>>
>>132270638
No, you're a beta cuck. Only internet daddy messiah can save you. Don't forget to donate to his patreon, shill faggot.
>>
>>132270638
>too smart to achieve self consciousness
>don't need a father figure to teach me how to do menial minimum wage activities at my dead end job
>>
>>132270535
>like third world migration into western countries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq6i78KGk9w
The kraut does it again!
>>
>>132270638

>Chad here.

Want to know how I know you're trolling?
>>
>>132260579
>All his advice is advice that mothers or fathers would have if their sons would just ask.

This is why he is good. It's advice a good parent would tell their child. But too many people simply don't, they have leftist retarded parents who tell to them to follow their dreams of other destructive shit which results in their kids becoming losers who feel forced to embrace leftism because they made themselves unemployable.
>>
>>132270638
Instead of trying to invalidate JBP's ideas and advice, why don't you go and work on your own worldview? If you are so right about everything, surely everyone will eventually join you?
>>
>>132270531
Just listened to his video on it. I didnt realise there was any other way to interpret the snake in the garden than being about consciousness and it being required to know or act out evil.

I guess im a genius.
>>
>>132268463
>underrated
>>
>>132270535
There was already a far more interesting thread than this one a few weeks ago where criticisms against Peterson were discussed. You're totally mischaracterizing his positions, btw.
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/129979786/
>>
>>132262900
Except the racist and nazi flag bois. They're all 115 tops.
>>
>>132270945
Well I dont need an internet father figure and the common sense advice. That has to be worth something.

Id be a meaner dad to you guys. Id probably call you stupid.
>>
>>132271321
*facists

Although true racists are pretty dumb. Non race realists are pretty dumb too.
>>
>>132271186
I dont have to propose an alternative when I say his advice is nothing more than common sense.
>>
>>132265017
daisy gooks
>>
>>132271227
>I didnt realize
>im a genius

You are such a genius you forgot to maintain sarcasm all the way through your sentence.
>>
>>132271227

That's right, you know everything. That's why you're stuck on a fucking rock in the Atlantic ocean instead of at Harvard or MENSA.
>>
>>132271501

What does it say about contemporary intellectuals that this guy is causing a stir by simply stating the post-modern emperor has no clothes?
>>
>>132270830
He shills for borders, but then wants to have immigrants in just after they figured out, who they need (at 2.45). Don't be dishonest he wants to replace us, but just slower than the others.
>>
File: 1482452161666.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1482452161666.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>132268463
Peterson's advice is in itself post-modernist. He's simply created another oversimplified boogeyman that /pol/ can lash out at under the guise of intellectualism. It's very clear that Peterson doesn't have a good grasp on Post-Modernists, as he seems to confuse deconstruction with destruction and subjectivity with nihlistic egoism. Jordan also promotes this idea that post-modernism is a singular (and leftist) ideology, rather than a historical period of people reacting to the Modernists. The foremost influential Nazi thinkers, Heidegger and Schmitt, were post-modernists.

His railing against post-modernism is misleading and unnecessary, and worst of all, dissuades peoples from reading the Post-Modernists at all, many of who you're likely unknowingly influenced by in positive way. His basic advice is perfectly fine, but it's obnoxious when people treat him as anything but a motivational speaker or positive psychologist.
>>
>>132271709
He isn't some special genius above anything else. He is a generalist thinker, however, and this type of intellectual is a rare breed.
>>
File: 1497513491754.jpg (129KB, 1244x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1497513491754.jpg
129KB, 1244x1447px
>>132260579
>32 posts by this I.D

No one can stop potatonigger's autistic rage
>>
>>132271786
I know nothing about post modernists because I think philosophy is nonsense but everything else I agree with. Glad I am not alone.
>>
>>132260579

from your post , its easy to see that you have not understood him, because he has not claimed the things you say. its just straw-man. just to pick one.

he has said many times that he does not analyse in only one dimension. and that all the problems have may layers of analysis. He does not mean that everyone has understood and subscribed to some labeled ideology. but instead that the ideology shows its face when all these puzzle pieces comes together.
>>
>>132271786
>Heidegger and Schmitt, were post-modernists.
No they were not. Heidegger was a phenomenologist, not a poststructuralist. Postmodernism did not exist until the late 50s and 60s. Schmitt owed much of his thought to Romanticism. The Postmodernists were French Marxists who aped on other continentalist traditions and tried to co opt them into their project, nothing but trash.
>>
>>132272041
Yes I am invested in the thread I started, Would you prefer if I just posted the OP, then fired my computer into space as is more the style on /pol/?
>>
>>132271269
I doubt it. Bring the Arguments in this thread the other is mostly simpletons posting pictures, if there is anything of quality there it should be here.
>>
File: C7Uwp0YXkAE1-kT.jpg (112KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C7Uwp0YXkAE1-kT.jpg
112KB, 1200x800px
>>132271269
Oh sweet, I posted that thread

Thank you brother, shadilay the night away
>>
>>132264648
You've got to be fucking kidding me, you fucking potato nigger.
A law restricting free speech in a Western country isn't a "THREAT". It's not just some shitty Canadian law you dumbfuck.
>>
>>132272299
>I doubt it.
How about read the fucking thread you dense cunt.
>>
>>132272361
Canada is a joke country. Especially after they made that law. They are no threat. They will destroy themselves. I wouldnt even holiday in that cesspitt and others will come to the same conclusion.
>>
>>132261386
>>Everyone here has at least 130.

Have you meet a serb before?
>>
>>132260579
so you are a reductionist providing absolutely no evidence for your claims. it's not his fault that you cant see the bigger picture
>>
>>132272510
>Southern ireland
>Calling second largest landmass in the world a joke
>>
>>132271786
see >>132272262
It's also a disingenuous complaint considering Peterson gives context. When he says post-modernists he explains who he means.
>>
>>132272262
>No they were not. Heidegger was a phenomenologist,
Yes, but only in his very early works, which are mostly philosophy of mathematics and logic. In the later works he developed his own school. The postmoderist deliberatly misunderstood him.
>>
>>132272633
Canada is a joke. It is.

Especially after their tranny law but it was already obvious from True Dough and the fact that he could be elected.
>>
File: 1497053370416.png (1MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1497053370416.png
1MB, 1024x683px
>>132260579
>There isnt one solution
He has already said that over 1000 times already. And not only that, he has made a few videos why about liberalism is good (certain parts of course).

>People are acting up in university because they are dumb kids studying total bullshit.
Hello mister social expert from ireland that has studied millions of college age people. Did you finally figure out how not to die from a potato famine?

>There is a lot of ideology searching going on, online its its mostly misfits. A lack of ideological leadership from politicians is partler to blame.
You are joking right? Politicians are all leadershiping for social justice warrior bull shit.

>People with jobs and girlfriends and houses and kids on the way arnt kekistanis or anti fa.
Okay? So what? This doesnt even have anything to do with anything Peterson says.

>He also has a savior complex which is alright but a bit annoying. I dont believe the claim that he has an IQ of 150. All his advice is advice that mothers or fathers would have if their sons would just ask.
>WAAHHHHH WAHHH SOMEONE IS SMARTER AND A BETTER PERSON THAN ME WAAHHH WAHHHHHH
go starve to death from you inability to farm
>>
>>132264648

you are wrong again. Peterson has had that thing in his lectures many years ago, he has thought about it and its even part of his lecture. He also have insights into the theory of AI and he uses it often as an example for when the post modernism claim about infinite interpretation is correct.

you are almost slandering or very ignorant for what he has actually said
>>
>>132272709
You arnt just flinging shit at me. Am I completely wrong with my criticism of Peterson?
>>
>>132260579
He is giving low resolution answers because he doens't have time to explain pinochio for six hours to your dumb ass.
YFW you realise mum and dad advice is actually important.
>>
>>132272452
No because it's You who claimed there is something of value, proof it.
>>
>>132272756
Im going by a 3 hour podcast. I thought that was giving him a fair enough chance.
>>
>>132265892
there never is. to actually level real criticism at him would mean to put in decades of hard work. that's why just the strawmen, ad hominems and other sophistry.
but I see it like this: if pol cant fling shit at him that it sticks, no one can
>>
>>132272890
Where were your mum and dad? Your common sense? Surely everything he says is redundant??
>>
>>132272709
He was always a phenomenologist. After die Kehre he started to focus more on how technology , language, and other extrinsic factors affect and condition Being. This is still phenomenology.

>>132272719
>not getting the memo, southern Ireland

>>132272904
You are one whiny brat. I am not spoonfeeding you. I linked the thread and that is all I needed to do.
>>
>>132272160
>I think philosophy is nonsense
It's a shame you think that. I don't think there's a single action that isn't influenced by a philosophical position.

The Post-Modernists are also just a lot of fun to read, IMO.

>>132272262
Heidegger was arguably founded post-modernism with Being & Time, whose outright rejection of Western Philosophy and promotion of, what would later be called, continental philosophy lead to the prominence of Subjectivity as a crucial philosophical concept. Furthermore, his works often focus on teasing out underlying ontological structures from culture and phenomenon. Phenomenology is crucial for Post-Modernism (See: Sartre - "Being & Nothingness")

Existentialism is Post-Modernism.

>Postmodernism did not exist until the late 50s and 60s
This is objectively false. Post-Modernism as a pop cultural force in the sense that we know it, perhaps, but the Dada movement of the '20s is most certainly Post-Modern.
>Schmitt owed much of his thought to Romanticism
Doesn't mean he wasn't a post-modernist. He also radically rejects and redefines The Political, making it into a subjective and fluid concept. 100% Post-Modern.
>>
>>132272950

as i posted before in this thread. you did not even get his points properly in those 3 hours. it is dense i know.
>>
>>132272709
His later works are arguably more radical than his earlier works. He dived even deeper into his pre-socratic obsession and believed that ll philosophy could only be expressed in poetry.
>>
File: 1486357699727.jpg (14KB, 596x328px) Image search: [Google]
1486357699727.jpg
14KB, 596x328px
>>132271501
If his ideas are such common sense, then there must be some more complex and enlightening ideas. What are they? You've proposed no alternative. Just saying "he's wrong" without evidence doesn't make it so.
>>
File: 1498858469888.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1498858469888.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
>>132273070
I had the greatest parents in the world.

Someone needs to speak common sense in this era of madness.

The interview is redundent, go and watch maps of meaning and read the gulag achipelago.

Bucko.
>>
>>132271786

> positive psychologist.

he is very cynical. i would not call him positive psychologist or even motivational speaker. such a degrading terms.

he is a clinical psychologist and has dealt with lots of people that had real problems. That alone is enough to pay attention to him since you don't get that service for free other places. Also when he talks about post modernism he always cite the authors that are to blame. he do not dismiss post modernism and has said that they were right on some points. He does say "bloody post modernism" sometimes, but that is a joke more or less. His problem is the french post modernists that used it to redefined Marxism. and that its the underlying Marxist ideology that is the real problem.
>>
>>132260579

You are so muddled in the details that forget the main point. Many suffer from this problem and i dont blame you. It is what separates the haves and have nots.
>>
>>132272826
Like I Said I agree partly, he is certaily Miles behind Jung.
>>132273222
No his big contrinution the distingtion of "Sein" and "Seiendem" as ontological difference isn't phenomenological in nature it would be even more accurate to discribe it as a sanatication of Nietzsche or a Solution to the Platonic ideal form problem, which is still far from the truth. Phenomenology from the greek word φαινόμενον ("which appears" somewhat inaccurate I Know) is only half of the equation according to Heidegger.
>>
>>132262111
>it has to be groundbreaking, edgy, and brand new for it to have any validity

politely off yourself in the most violent way u can think of
>>
>>132273291
>Heidegger was arguably founded post-modernism with Being & Time
>arguably

>whose outright rejection of Western Philosophy
He criticized Western philosophy for its lack of attention to the question on Being. This caused him to dig into the language of the presocratics to understand the root of this historical development. He did not advocate
>the prominence of Subjectivity as a crucial philosophical concept
by the very definition of it, Being is Objective and absolute truth. Heidegger even defines truth as the presence of Being. This is not postmodernism, which implicitly denies all systematic attempts to outline a worldview as conditioned by a fundamental will to power which manipulates binaries in order to achieve mutually dependent states of privilege and oppression.

>teasing out underlying ontological structures from culture and phenomenon
This is not Postmodernism. Nietzsche pioneered this practice in the 19th century.

>Phenomenology is crucial for Post-Modernism (See: Sartre - "Being & Nothingness")
Becuase Sartre was the king of co option. He stole the works of thinkers greater than himself, and when they objected to his appropriation of existentialism he obstracized them.

>Existentialism is Post-Modernism.
No it fucking isn't, only one brand of existentialism, that of Sartre, is Postmodern. From the outset he denied any objective reality with his existence before essence motto, which was outright rejected by anyone not associated with his closed circle of fellow Leftists. Existentialism goes back to the 19th century with the Christian thinker Kierkegaard, and (again) Nietzsche.

>but the Dada movement of the '20s is most certainly Post-Modern.
Dada was a modern art movement, not a school of philosophy. You come off as a complete dilettante.

>radically rejects and redefines The Political, making it into a subjective and fluid concept.
Again, Nietzsche: 'Voluntas est superior intellectu'.
>>
>>132274055
It's perfectly fine to be a motivational speaker or positive psychologist. I even agree with his basic advice for individuals who feel helpless, but again, his strawman arguments against post-modernists are ridiculous. He's either rejecting them for being nihilists or communists, instead of seriously engaging with the cultural or philosophical critiques they offer. Even more embarrassing is that he steals the advice of the french existentialists he supposedly rails against.

What's even worse is that he thinks that the current SJWs are anywhere close to Marxists or actually read post-modern philosophers.
>>
>>132274551
>He did not advocate
for the leveling of culture for the sake of radical equality, Heidegger wanted a return to the earlier sense. It is a sort of archaism, like that of Confucius.
>>
>>132274192

the last paragraph he wrote says it all. he is annoyed by him (emotional) and he has someone found his IQ and found it important to include it (envy). OP is reacting emotionally and wont even bother to actually figure out Jordan petersons points (even if we lay it out for him). He will keep his strawman.
>>
>>132274711
>>132274192
You come across as fan boys and insecure for having liked him when you get so mad at me for criticising him.

My education is in biology and he says things that I know he is completly wrong about. You dont understand many of the things he says if you have blanket approval of him.
>>
>>132274909
You're just insecure beta. Clean your damn room, you cuck.
>>
>>132275006
Sorry. I will call him daddy and send him money right now.
>>
>>132273291
>outright rejection of Western Philosophy
No it isn't. It is an answer on the questions that were asked since Plato. Heidegger isn't completly rejecting everything, but he says that the world is in a way "observing" itself. He agrees with Heraklit on some asspects. Philosophy is always in the world about the world (I can't put it more simple terms i feel, that i already have changed the meaning too much)
>>
>>132274607

>What's even worse is that he thinks that the current SJWs are anywhere close to Marxists or actually read post-modern philosophers.

this is not true. he has said that he does not think they have read or understood the ideology they follow. its not how it works. They all have pieces of it and they get it from lectures and the post modern culture we live in. But when they all come together the whole ideology makes it appearance.

Im pretty convinced that many of the post modern author used post modernism to redefine Marxism. They changed economically class difference (poor and rich) to cultural (oppressed , oppressor). This is almost a one to one mapping.

What is it about post modernism you like ? And he openly admit that he uses post modernist ideas for many of his points. he says that when he makes the points always.
>>
>>132275128
Good boy. Based as fuck.
>>
>>132274511
You are simply proving my point by indicating that Heidegger contributed greatly to phenomenology, mixed in with some incomprehensible tangential rambling of course.
>>
>>132274909

>My education is in biology and he says things that I know he is completly wrong abou

like what? this should have been your OP then
>>
>>132274551
I only said Arguably because Husserl isn't as well known.
>He criticized Western philosophy for its lack of attention to the question on Being.
And from therein rejected the modernist himself, Descarte, thereby birthing Post-Modernism.
>>the prominence of Subjectivity as a crucial philosophical concept by the very definition of it, Being is Objective and absolute truth.
Sounds like someone misread his Heidegger. Subjectivity=/=No Truth. Subjectivity, for the Post-Modernists, is about understanding phenomenon from the Subject's viewpoint. As opposed to, say, the Modernist notion that there exists a perfect world of Forms (in whatever variation) to which we cannot gain access, the Post-Modernist claims that the Subject is inherently and inseparably embedded within the World.

>This is not postmodernism, which implicitly denies all systematic attempts to outline a worldview as conditioned by a fundamental will to power which manipulates binaries in order to achieve mutually dependent states of privilege and oppression.
What an overly wordy and ideological view of Post-Modernism. Post-Modernism is most basically the historical philosophical period whose works concerned deconstructing, questioning, and redefining modernist and enlightenment ideas/structures.

>Nietzsche pioneered this practice in the 19th century
Nietzsche and Kierkegaard are also often called one of the forerunners of post-modernism for their rejection of human comprehensible, objective structures-- perhaps the main tenants of Modern philosophy.

>only one brand of existentialism, that of Sartre, is Postmodern
Sartre, Heidegger (even if he didn't call himself one), Ponty, Camus.

>Dada was a modern art movement, not a school of philosophy
>art can't be influenced by philosophy
Futurism, Impressionism, Realism, perhaps even Surrealism are Modernist; Dada is the first post-modernist art movement.
>>
>>132260579
watch maps of meaning and the biblical series, you quick-to-judge faggot
>>
>>132275658
I would need to re listen to an hours long podcast but he bases a lot of his philosophical opinions on things he thinks he knows about biology and they are wrong.

Like chimps being in heat and how woman are choosy. I was just thinking "not really" every time he talked about biology and he seems to think that biology supports his opinions.

Human women will mate with pretty much any man provided there isnt a better one right there to chase him away and he isnt completely defective. Modern living means a lot of completely defective men are walking around. Women rejecting them isnt an act of chooseyness.
>>
>>132275219
Addendum
For him the world is in a certain order (unlike for the postmodernists) he doesn't believe that language can change the world (speach act "I declare you a boy" now through this performative speach act you are a boy) he believes that carefully "listeing" (Sigetik σιγᾶν) can bring you closer to what we "point" to but cant reach. Language is the "window" into the world, but you obviously can't make yourself the window "Lichtung" into the world, it is always already there.
>>
>>132275720
Im not giving over more hours of my life to philosophy.
>>
File: 1489180074458.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489180074458.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>132276183
>sits on /pol/
>>
File: 1498439239980.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1498439239980.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>132276183
>he says while giving over hours of his life to an underwater korean basketweaving forum
>>
>>132275219
>he has said that he does not think they have read or understood the ideology they follow. its not how it works. They all have pieces of it and they get it from lectures and the post modern culture we live in.
Ah. Well this I can agree with.
>But when they all come together the whole ideology makes it appearance.
But this I cannot. I remain totally unconvinced that post-modernism can in any way be considered a hegemonic
ideology, let alone an ideology at all.

>Im pretty convinced that many of the post modern author used post modernism to redefine Marxism
There are certainly many post-modern marxists (see: DeBord), but I'm also unsure if the basic post-modern texts are necessarily left in nature. Heidegger was a Nazi after all.

>What is it about post modernism you like?
I just tend to find its critiques of modern life the most accurate. I appreciate how it is willing to trace arguments's implicit cultural biases and underlying ideologies, I appreciate how it's willing to starkly look at what position (historically, economically, socially, ideologically) any given argument stems from. I find its methods the best for making philosophy and critique as absolutely transparent as possible. That's what I really like about them.

I also just think Heidegger's right about most things.
>>
oops >>132276533
is for >>132275231
>>
>>132275963

im pretty educated myself if you care about such things. and i can assure you he comes of as a person that really take research and scientific methodology seriously. He would not make biological false claims without caring. This is why i respect him and is "fan". if you actually does check his facts you will probably find the same. Maybe some small errors is possible, but then you have to consider if it refute his point. how clear is the evidence against him really. are there room for speculation and so forth.

>Like chimps being in heat and how woman are choosy
he has said that chimps are NOT choosy. and that is something that is different from human.
woman are pretty choosy. you must take historical data into account too, and average behavior (over time and population). prostitutes and sluts exists. but its not the norm
>>
To many college students who come from leftist households Peterson is a godsend. To me, I am just glad there is finally a well known academic explaining what I have known as natural fact since I was a small child. Imagine if there wasnt at least one big named, intellectually stimulating voice similar to ours? It would be doom and gloom.
>>
>>132260579

It's o.k., son, nobody expects an Irish to grasp complex stuff.

As long as you can boil and peel a potato, you're dandy.
>>
File: 1492134810477.png (509KB, 572x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492134810477.png
509KB, 572x700px
>>132277062
tough talk for a tube of toothpaste
>>
>>132275709
I disagree. The Cartesian notion is flawed and you can claim that by removing the fix point, we will lose everything that grounds us a certain Point in space, many would call it the logos. Gut what, if the logos was always a special part of the nomos. The nomos isn't something that is up to humans to decide and we dont lose our "grounding". What if we cant find the world, but it can find us and make us believe we "found" it.
>>
>>132275219
>It is an answer on the questions that were asked since Plato
It is the enunciation of a question that has never been asked since before Plato-- this is important. The whole premise is that the nature of being has been left ignored by philosophers since Heraclitus.
>Heidegger isn't completly rejecting everything
Perhaps I am stating him a bit too strong; but his rejection of Descartes is pretty damning.
>Philosophy is always in the world about the world
I think you state him well. But that's Heideggerian philosophy. His primary critique of basically everyone before him is that they try to divide the worldliness of the world into sensual phenomena and the world of ideals/forms.

>>132276047
This post is fine and good, I think it's what Heidegger's saying, but it's also what a lot of post-modernists say too. Post-Modernists aren't necessarily nihilists

I'm glad you care about Heidegger though. I'm also very jealous that you're able to read him in the original german.
>>
>>132276838
I disagree that women are choosy and in the past they had little to no control. Arranged marriage, conquest, very limited ability to travel etc ensured that.

Women in the modern context rejecting men who are completely defective is not chooseyness. Most modern women will sleep with most men, provided a better competitor is not available.
>>
>>132275709
>And from therein rejected the modernist himself, Descarte, thereby birthing Post-Modernism.
He was not the first thinker to reject Descartes.

>Subjectivity=/=No Truth.
No, faggot. Subjectivity means mind–dependent, not that there is no truth. Otherwise mathematics would not be considered true because it is ideal rather than placed out there in the objective world.

>he Modernist notion that there exists a perfect world of Forms (in whatever variation) to which we cannot gain access
The Realist school, which presupposed the reality of universals, was not modernist. The first form of modernism is philosophical naturalism, which developed in response to the failure of humanism to address the problems of Nominalism. Nominal rejected the reality of universals because they placed a restraint on God, supposing instead that all linguistic categories are manmade constructs made for the sake of utility. Modernism arose from a break with Realism that ultimately led to Naturalism.

>Post-Modernism is most basically the historical philosophical period whose works concerned deconstructing, questioning, and redefining modernist and enlightenment ideas/structures.
I addressed its fundamental technique, you went with a cliché oversimplification of its fundamental aims.

>Nietzsche and Kierkegaard are also often called one of the forerunners of post-modernism
So now Postmodernism goes back to the 19th century? Has the whole track of Western philosophy been really Postmodern, inevitably Postmodern, reflecting relevance only in relation to the Postmodern? You are such a fucking tool.

>Heidegger (even if he didn't call himself one)
Yeah, lets just truth your judgement instead of the thinker himself.

> Camus
was a surrealist and existentialist who didn't dabble in Marxism, Feminism, or poststructuralism.

>Futurism, Impressionism, Realism, perhaps even Surrealism are Modernist; Dada is the first post-modernist art movement.
Modern art is actually Postmodern art. Sure.
>>
File: 1490385983989.jpg (10KB, 222x260px) Image search: [Google]
1490385983989.jpg
10KB, 222x260px
>>132277252
But have you ever considered that the logos and nomos may just serve to domos arigatos mr robotos?
>>
>>132277062
>To smart too criticise an internet celeb.
>ill fling insults at anon instead

smrt.
>>
>>132260579
>Peterson btfo ...?
>>
>>132276533

>But this I cannot. I remain totally unconvinced that post-modernism can in any way be considered a hegemonic
>ideology, let alone an ideology at all.

again this is a lame point. because his obvious main point is about Marxism. he says Post modernism is use to disguise Marxism. Post modernism alone gives you no value structure or direction (if it does you can explain to me how it works, without falling into some ideology)

>Heidegger was a Nazi after all.
yes so it always falls into some totalitarian (designed by few intellectuals) ideology

one thing to point out is that most of Peterson works is about totalitarian regimes and ideologies and how to make sure we don't fall into those traps in the future. He sees this as one of the biggest fundamental problems of our times. It was not long ago we had WWII and our future might have more of it , if we dont figure it out. Post modernism is just part of the discussion, because it might have disproved or invalidated the truths we needed to stay away from these ideologies.
>>
>>132260579
He's becoming to the right, what Noam Chomsky is to the left- another 'intellectual' who thinks they have all the answers. Both make good points, but niether should be taken as 'gospel'.
>>
>>132277320

well woman are not robots or animals. they will sleep with you but you get no child. Like how many girlfriends do you have? do you have a harem? i know these things are sad truths.
>>
>>132277886
He hasn't done anything wrong but become popular. I subscribed to him months before he blew up, yet I am grouped in with these retarded Kekistani Sargonite radical centrist liberal faggots. There used to be discussion in his comment sections and he would try to respond to your questions, now it is just constant circlejerking and retarded memes.
>>
>>132278191
>He hasn't done anything wrong
is a subjective statement. Everything that comes after that is based upon a misunderstanding of reality.
>>
>>132278068
Men having multiple wives or sex slaves was common in the past and the reverse was rarely common. Women were not the choosy ones and they still arnt.
Past women had no choice and modern women are not choosey.
This is just one example where I thought he biology/social basis for his philosophy was poor.

His criticism of sneakyness not being a male trait is laughable but I already said that and it was met with shitposting.
>>
>>132277381
>He was not the first thinker to reject Descartes.
No, but his rejection of Descartes was essentially a rejection of Modernist philosophy as a whole. The World of Forms/Ideals/Etc vs The world of Senses divide is broken down.

>Subjectivity means mind–dependent, not that there is no truth
I didn't say Subjectivity=Truth.
It's also less about mind-dependent (don't want to fall into Cartesian dualism now do we?), it's about understanding the world from the Subject's (i.e Humanity's) position. Instead of relying on external structures and confines to explain metaphysics, Heidegger argues that we can only trust phenomenological experience.

>Otherwise mathematics would not be considered true because it is ideal rather than placed out there in the objective world.
Boy do I have bad news for you. Heidegger and the post-modernists don't really trust Math and Science to explain the world. Read The Question Concerning Technology and The Age of The World Picture, they're very fun reads.

>So now Postmodernism goes back to the 19th century?
I said Forerunners didn't I? Calm the fuck down sperg.

>Yeah, lets just truth your judgement instead of the thinker himself.
His critique of Existentialism is really fucking weird, okay? It doesn't really change the fact that his view is more or less Existentialism, or that it had a major fucking impact on the Existentialists.

>was a surrealist and existentialist who didn't dabble in Marxism, Feminism, or poststructuralism.
Feminism doesn't really have anything to do with Postmodernism. Judith Butler and Gender Theorists often use post-modernist ideas, but basic Feminism is just using Enlightenment ideals.

>Modern art is actually Postmodern art. Sure.
>I don't know how to refute this claim
>>
>>132277886

he says many times , i dont not have all the answers. and often he says "now im just thinking out loud" he encourage his students to find flaws and argue with him during lectures.

Noam Chomsky never studied or got a real degree. he jewed his way and most of his scientific works has proved itself wrong. like the universal grammar idea
>>
>>132278327
Kill yourself you pretentious asshat.
>>
>>132278377
>he encourage his students to find flaws and argue with him during lectures.
But they don't. They swallow is koolaid and ask for more, because they are too ignorant to think for themselves. That's why they flock to him, for confirmation bias.
>>132278420
>can't refute argument, resort to personal insults.
I see why you worship a pseudo-intellectual now. Carry on
>>
>>132278333

why don't you answer my questions?
>>
File: Capture.png (301KB, 1070x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
301KB, 1070x1376px
>>132271321
>>132271437
Lol nigger please
>>
File: IMG_1450.jpg (63KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450.jpg
63KB, 640x960px
JBP is based as fuck, helps a lot of people, talks about shit i've never heard of, and blasts SJWs.

He is the king of pol
>>
>>132278601

they do just watch his lectures, he has been doing this forever there are old tapes from when he was professor at Harvard. He has fine tuned and bettered his points over so long time now. it would be hard to find flaw
>>
>>132278643
Oh I didnt think they were serious questions because they are kind of silly for anyone past 18 years of age. I have had multiple previous girlfriends and my current girl was a virgin till I met her. I am happy with serial monogamy. Sleeping around with multiple partners was never appealing to me.

Did you assume getting laid would be some difficult task for me because I didnt answer?
>>
>republic of ireland
>>
>>132266272
>man-boys
I believe the correct term is man-CHILD, not boy but CHILD. Just a side note.
>>
>>132274909

I have a masters in biophysicss and in my 2nd in year as a biochemistry phd and i havent come across anything that he has said that is overtly incorrect biologically. Give me an example where he says something that is biologically incorrect in that podcast because i listened to it awhile ago and dont recall anything glaringly wrong.
>>
>>132278932

yes i assumed you were a loser that didn't get girls lol, i bet you know some of those right?
>>
>>132278950
I know its a recent thing but its better than the US.
>muh nukes
>muh aircraft carriers!

Yeah but your people. Disgusting.
>>
>>132278849
Then he stopped growing. We grow by challenging our worldview. That' essentially the purpose of the 'redpill' that /pol/ is always talking about. If he doesn't have the oppurtunity to get challenged anymore, then his worldview is stuck. He can't grow anymore. So why worship him? You could go further than he ever did by allowing yourself to be challenged.
>>
>>132279172
>(48)

Hmm...
>>
>>132270469
whoever made this clearly is a virgin
>>
>>132279136
I suspect you are projecting my friend. You attacked me personally for saying women are not choosey when I was disagreeing with Peterson.
Also your form of attack is something you think might be effective, most likely because it is somewhat true about you.

Am I close?
>>
>>132279243

stop being silly. you stop when you converge to a truth. or does no truth exist , this is your post modernism fucking you up. its like what if he just found some really good solid ideas.
>>
>>132277512
>he says Post modernism is use to disguise Marxism
And that's the dumb point. Post-Modern Marxists are very blatantly and openly Marxists. There isn't really much evidence that there's some conspiracy to covertly redesign Marxism under the banner of Post-Modernism.

>Post modernism alone gives you no value structure or direction
Can you back this up a bit more? It's unclear to me as to how Post-Modernism does this.

>(if it does you can explain to me how it works, without falling into some ideology)
Okay, so Heidegger claims that the essence of a person's being is to make an issue of its own existence (essentially). This causes anxiety, because being human means you're inevitably going to die, and that you can die literally at any moment. You try to alleviate this anxiety by, basically, distracting yourself-- you fall into group thinking, you're always thinking about the past or the future, you live an Inauthentic life to the point that you deny yourself to actually exist, fully, consciously, in the present.

So, what should you do? You try to live authentically and help others do the same. Otherwise your life will have passed without ever having actually lived.

(I know I oversimplified Heidegger and made it a bit too psychological, but it's basically what he says)

>yes so it always falls into some totalitarian (designed by few intellectuals) ideology
I mean the Nazis hated Heidegger because he wasn't willing to reject his mentor who was Jewish, and they found issues with how humanistic and existentialist his work was. I don't actually think Heidegger lends himself to Nazism, but he was certainly conservative, almost a Luddite.

>He sees this as one of the biggest fundamental problems of our times.
Hey man good for him. But if that's his goal he probably ought to read some post-modernists. Popper, Foucault, and Arendt wrote big fat books about totalitarian ideologies through post-modern models.
>>
>>132278762
He is a substitude father for the daycare generation raised by single-mothers. Y'all were looking for a daddy and ya got it. Explains why y'all'r so aggressive when someone questions that guy. Same with le god emperor! xD
>>
>>132279255
>Peterson is not that great
>225 posts, 38 images and 70 butthurt posters later

yeah.
>>
>>132279486

Ireland pls you are retarded. my virginity is the proof of woman pickiness. how can you refute that? did i just win?
>>
>>132260579
So is this a new episode filmed today or the one a few months ago
>>
>>132279672
I said that refusing completely defective men is not a sign of choosyness earlier before you said you were a virgin.
>>
>>132278338
>No, but his rejection of Descartes was essentially a rejection of Modernist philosophy as a whole. The World of Forms/Ideals/Etc vs The world of Senses divide is broken down.
You keep repeating yourself as if you know what youre talking about. I have actually pointed out of the World of Forms is a Realist notion going back to Aristotle, i.e. NOT MODERN. Descartes was not a modernist because he presupposed objective truth. He was a modernist because he addressed the problem of universals through empiricism: there is no intrinsic separation between man and God but that of the effectivity of our faculties.

>I didn't say Subjectivity=Truth.
I know.

>It's also less about mind-dependent (don't want to fall into Cartesian dualism now do we?)
You are simply wrong on this.

>it's about understanding the world from the Subject's (i.e Humanity's) position
Humanity is both object and subject. Or else we wouldn't have fucking bodies.

>Heidegger and the post-modernists don't really trust Math and Science to explain the world
You missed the fucking point.

>I said Forerunners didn't I?
Really demonstrates how you think, i.e. like a dullard.

>His critique of Existentialism is really fucking weird, okay?
Like attracts like.

>Feminism doesn't really have anything to do with Postmodernism.
Postmodernism has nothing to do with Feminism, yet Feminism has everything to do with Postmodernism. This is called the Motte and Bailey strategy of modern social justice.

>>Modern art is actually Postmodern art. Sure.
>>I don't know how to refute this claim
Dadaism was an avant garde art movement belonging well within the modernist art movements of the early 20th century. Postmodernism arose largely in reaction to early 20th century modernism.
>>
>>132279537
Nazis weren't luddites at all, they were radical modernists, cultishly worshipping technology. Especially war tech. Quite literally Warhammer. Also one reason why Heidegger rejected them.
>>
>>132260579
He is a cool guy, it's just that he is a blue pilled intellectual midget in comparison to Korwin.
>>
>>132262900
Top minds of 4chan
>>
>>132279809
Joe Rogan right when Comey was fired.
>>
File: mensa.no.jpg (31KB, 602x449px) Image search: [Google]
mensa.no.jpg
31KB, 602x449px
>>132261738
It's entirely believable that he has an iq of 150, he was an established professor before he became an internet phenomenon you know. It's one thing to understand the thought process of another person, but trying to form your own system of belief is something that most people are unable to do effectively. He talks about this quite extensively in the importance of ability to write. He has incredibly high verbal IQ in any case, he is the absolute minority when it comes to articulating his thoughts. I haven't had mine officially tested but pic related seems to be the most common online test posted on here, and I am not nearly as gifted as a person like Peterson.
>>
>>132278338
>Descartes was essentially a rejection of Modernist philosophy as a whole
Even the claim that there is a "Modernist philosophy" or Common Sense in philosphy is wrong, not even about the questions that should be asked. It's like claming there is Continental and non continental/analytical Philosophy means useing terms so vaguley they lose their meaning. Analytical philosophy means the idea to create/find an ideal language of Logic, which almost nobody tries anymore.
>>
>>132262111
We already have that the intelectual basis. Heidegger, Carl Schmit, Benoist, Guenon etc
>>
>>132278601
>I see why you worship a pseudo-intellectual now
is a subjective statement. Everything that comes after that is based upon a misunderstanding of reality.

You are the pseudo-intellectual, pretending to be smart on 4chan during a Monday. Not the tenured professor, author, and researcher.
>>
>>132279845
Whats 'choosyness'?
>>
>>132265432
Thats an outdated version. Look up the daily mail article on european iq ireland is almost on par with england and is higher than most of europe. Thats also taking out the fact that 95 percent of the irish population and intellectuals live in england the us and austrailia.
>>
>>132267216
Yeah mine is 135, I mostly come here because it's interesting not because I have any problems.
>>
>>132280633
It was a joke.
>>
>>132261386
>everyone here
Are you including the shitskin flags?
>>
>>132279512
But why stop with those ideas? Why not look for more good ideas? I'm not saying you shouldn't take in all available information, but if you are looking for the truth to your life, someone else can't give it you. You must find it for yourself. You do that by challenging yourself, by thinking for yourself. I doing so, you may find some of the 'truths' of your past are incomplete. By incorporating the new ideas you've found, you've now grown as an individual. Treating what Peterson says as a 100% complete undeniable gospel truth is determental to your own growth as an individual.
>>
File: 1498916260558m.jpg (126KB, 1024x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1498916260558m.jpg
126KB, 1024x1001px
>>132267145
T. Anglo teutonic
>>
File: Hackerman.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Hackerman.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>132280667
OK smart guys, why don't you put your heads together and stop Islam or something useful like that?
>>
>>132279863
>He was a modernist because he addressed the problem of universals through empiricism: there is no intrinsic separation between man and God but that of the effectivity of our faculties.
Which Heidegger goes ahead and destroys, again, birthing Post-Modernism. Why is this so hard for you to accept? I did forget to explicitly mention empiricism as the tenet for modernism, but by name dropping Enlightenment so often, I thought you'd get the idea.

>You are simply wrong on this.
Then please go and refute what I said afterwards.

>You missed the fucking point.
Then spell it out for me, please.

>ad homs, ad homs.

>Feminism has everything to do with Postmodernism
Then why is first wave feminism explicitly based in Enlightenment thinking?

>Dadaism was an avant garde art movement belonging well within the modernist art movements of the early 20th century
I dunno man, Duchamp's readymades seem pretty damn post-modern to me.

>>132279875
>Nazis weren't luddites at all
I didn't say they were, I was saying Heidegger has luddite tendencies. That could also be a reason he got in trouble with them.
>>
I still can't tell if he's Christian or not. From what I've seen it just seems he says "It doesn't matter if it's true or not, but it's crucial for western society that we act like it is though." Which isn't really an argument.
>>
>>132280576
MSc in clinical chemistry, not english. Sorry.
Yes my supervisor was tearing apart my thesis.
>>
>>132279537

what you said about Heidegger is in Jordan Peterson existentialism lecture. I bet Jordan has read most of the post modern authors you are citing. its not like he dont read post modern litterateur. this should be clear.

ive said he does use post modern ideas and he says so. so im not sure anymore where the disagreement is lol.

defining Marxism using post modern framework is sneaky as fuck, even if they are "open" about it.

Post-modern gives no value structure means that if there are infinite interpretation of the world and all of the are equally true. then you are left with nothing. Even the bible can be interpreted to mean whatever your ideology wants it to be. it says no matter how much you think or philosophy you will just get your bias. you cant find any real truth about how to act in this world. This is probably mostly based on Jacques Derrida. It is not an direct attack on post modernism. But another way of looking at it is that ok you have some good post modern authors. but how much influence are they having today at university? are they taught?. what post modern thinkers actually has power today. I think this is what he focus on when he critiques post modernism at large
>>
>>132280488
So 'carry on' is a misunderstanding of reality?
You sure showed me.
>Not the tenured professor, author, and researcher.
All these titles. You are saying he's a better person than you are for having these titles. You are saying he's a better person than me for having titles. You have no inherent basis for casting such judgement as objective, only your personal beliefs.
>>
>>132279845

im not defective you faggot
>>
>>132280250
>Even the claim that there is a "Modernist philosophy" or Common Sense in philosphy is wrong
That's a fair enough point to make. My whole case is that Post-Modernism is more of a historical period of rejection/revaluing, rather than any cohesive view point. But by rejecting Empricism, and any other kind of World Out There, Heidegger rejects Kant, Plato, Descartes, and most of western phiosophy as a whole.

>which almost nobody tries anymore
Is that true? Analytical Philosophy is still the major school taught in US universities, at least.
>>
>>132281256
You are probably just a late bloomer.
>>
>>132281070
That depends on what you're arguing for, also he's said that he is "deeply religious" and that religion essentially boils down to the virtue which you value the most.
>>
File: petersonpain.jpg (63KB, 528x500px) Image search: [Google]
petersonpain.jpg
63KB, 528x500px
AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING WITH IDEOLOGIES. YOU KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE IDEAS, IDEAS HAVE PEOPLE. AND THAT'S THE BLOODY IDEA THAT'S WRAPPED ITS HEAD AROUND AN UNDERWATER KOREAN BASKET WEAVING CARTOON MESSAGE BOARD.

IT'S LIKE.

IT'S LIKE YOU DECIDE OK, OK SO LETS SAY YOU TURN IN AN ESSAY OR A TEST AND YOU GET A PRETTY POOR GRADE YOU KNOW, ONE YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GOING TO GET. NOW YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AN ANOMALY. YOU'VE LEFT THE TREES AND YOU'RE ON THE VELDT, AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING. IT'S NOT ON YOUR OWN VOLITION OF COURSE. SO YOU'VE GOT A COUPLE OF OPTIONS YOU CAN BUCKLE DOWN AND TRY HARDER. OR LETS SAY THIS BAD GRADE THROWS YOU SO. FAR. OFF. THE. TRACK. THAT YOU SAY WELL I COULD JUST DROP THIS CLASS. I COULD JUST DROP OUT OF COLLEGE. I COULD DROP OUT OF THE NORMS OF SOCIETY. AND THEN YOU CAN DROP OUT OF LIFE.

AND BELIEVE ME. THAT IS NOT A ROUTE YOU WANT TO GO DOWN. YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE
>>
>>132260579
A potato nigger post if I have ever seen one. Good lord.
>>
Only pseudo intellectuals and socal rejects think Peterson has anything interesting to say.
>>
>>132281339

Jesus Christ how hard is it to get that some get girls and some don't. you cant just define everyone that get fewer girls than you defective. also there are people getting lots more girls than you. so don't be too height on your horse. You got to admit there is something about social status and money and symmetric face and good genetics that attract girls. and that there is a hierarchy and some get more and some get less.
>>
>>132278333
>Women were not the choosy ones and they still arnt.
Lmao, shit up. You know nothing about life son.
>>
>>132280981
>I did forget to explicitly mention empiricism as the tenet for modernism, but by name dropping Enlightenment so often, I thought you'd get the idea.

>You are simply wrong on this.
Yeah, you don't know what youre talking about. You think name dropping "muh Enlightenment, muh world of forms" is an actual argument. I then clarified and made a distinction between ideas you were lumping together and the best you could do in response is not your head and repeat your original false claim.

>Then please go and refute what I said afterwards.
We are talking about definitions. Go ahead and look up the definition of subjectivity yourself, don't take my word for it.

>Then spell it out for me, please.
I was refuting your equivocation of subjectivity with relativism. They are not the same thing.

>Then why is first wave feminism explicitly based in Enlightenment thinking?
Because Marxism existed before Postmodernism. After the Stalin the radical left began using postmodern theory to obscure their motivations. Hence the Motte is ethical Marxism, while the Bailey is the high tower of Postmodernist obscurantism.

>I dunno man, Duchamp's readymades seem pretty damn post-modern to me
Violating a standard is not the definition of Postmodernism.
>>
>>132282130
>>132281998
lmao boys. Have you TRIED getting laid?
Pretend im Peterson saying this to you. Just go out and fuck them.

Make an advance like how you imagine the sexy black men do it. It will work!
>>
>>132281180
>All these titles
Not titles, activities. Yes, he is a better person than you for being constantly busy and producing years of work and material for the benefit of others while you masturbate to 2D Japanese cartoons on the internet.
>>
>>132282416
Way to pigeon-hole someone you've never met. Your biases are glaring now.
>>
>>132281128
>defining Marxism using post modern framework is sneaky as fuck
Why? Post-Modern Marxists just don't think Marx's original models work anymore, so they're trying to adapt them or re-invent them using typically post-modernist frameworks. I don't think there's anything all that sneaky about the dialectic.

>Post-modern gives no value structure means that if there are infinite interpretation of the world and all of the are equally true.
Not so fast, this only works if you assume that every single person's experience in life is totally and permanently alien to every other human being's experience--which at least Heidegger doesn't believe at all. In my view, most people phenomenologically experience life in a relatively similar way, negating extremist (and IMO misinterpreted) subjectivism.

>then you are left with nothing
Can you explain this one more? That seems like a jump.

>Even the bible can be interpreted to mean whatever your ideology wants it to be. it says no matter how much you think or philosophy you will just get your bias.
There's a difference between analyzing something for the sake of your ideology vs analyzing something for the sake of finding meaning, and that meaning having implicit ideological views in it.

>you cant find any real truth about how to act in this world.
That may be true, but it doesn't necessarily negate ethics at all. All you need for ethics is the assumption that other human beings exist (which even Empiricism can't really prove). This doesn't mean you should or are compelled to become a solipsistic nihilist

>but how much influence are they having today at university? are they taught?. what post modern thinkers actually has power today.
They have some, probably not enough. Foucault is still very popular in art and history departments, Arendt & Schmitt are considered essential political theorists. Derrida and Wittgenstein are still taught in linguistic departments. There ought to be far more continental classes though
>>
>>132282625
You seem upset. Maybe some anime tiddies will make you feel better.
>>
>>132282371

this post just proved my point. you told me nobody took you serious and only shitposted. then i spend more time giving you serious reply. but you are not interested in serious discussion. you have not even participated in the more interesting discussion on this thread. you are annoyed by Peterson for personal reason and you envy his iQ this is an emotional issue for you. no argument will change your mind here.
>>
>>132282707
I seem upset after you post your projection?
Too fucking rich
>>
>>132282772
You arnt making an arguement. You made some sarcastic comments on my ability to get girls then I think I convinced you that I had no problems and after that I assumed everything you said was in good humour.
Women do not choose if they sleep with you or not. You choose that.
>>
>>132282948
Up to a point...
>>
>>132261738
I just think you're stupid anon. People with IQ over like 140 are basically incomprehensible to idiots
>>
>>132260579
>kekistanis

Stop saying this like it's actually serious. It's just a shitpost response to the mainstream left.
>>
>>132282847
Sounds like I hit a sore point.
>>
File: 1498170548505.jpg (111KB, 656x617px) Image search: [Google]
1498170548505.jpg
111KB, 656x617px
JP is the leaf we need right now, sort yourself out
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 224x224px
>>132262900

The smartest site that normies can find is math/physics.stackexchange. You'll notice that those sights are politically moderate, btw. After that, there are some small high-IQ forums where people literally have to post .pdf's of their 132+ IQ scores just to create threads. Granted, those places don't usually talk about really 'smart' things like math/physics/philosophy/literature all of the time, but you can tell by the syntax and rhetoric that a lot of those people are smarter than the average /pol/ite.

By my estimate, the average /pol/ user is slightly smarter than the average person, like IQ 101-107. Reddit and certain parts of tumblr are similar in scope of intelligence. Slightly higher would be Quora and 8ch, which probably rate in the 105-112 range on average. Math/Physics.stackexchange are almost entirely comprised of professionals with experience in their field, so the average IQ there is probably 110-120 or so.
>>
>>132282772
Norway only has an iq of 97 you guys are the retards of europe after serbia.
>>
>>132260579
>People are acting up in university because they are dumb kids studying total bullshit. Then they find a reason to justify it so they can feel like the good guys. There is a lot of ideology searching going on, online its its mostly misfits.

SJWs dont all grow out of their ideology though. They run all the HR for everything.
>>
>>132280978
We gave the Russians coordinates for air strikes against Isis before.
>>
>>132282675

>They have some, probably not enough.

i think this is the main thing here. Jordan has realized that he is attacked by humanities and social science departments of universities. queer studies, feminism theory. racial theory, critical theory and other courses that exist because of post modernist presupposition. Its the dangerous post modern literature that has power and that the liberal universities make their student reads.

What good ideas has Foucault even done? its just the same thing about everything is social constructed humans are blank slates that can be programmed by the state. its ideas that might be the reason for the fall of western civilization. which might be their goal . because who care . we need to destabilize and destroy the world so that something new and better can spring up from the ashes right?
>>
>>132283670
This. Brainlet is the new manlet meme and the average /pol/ iq is probably around 105. Iq in general is a meme, look at a list of celebrities with genius level iqs and it will prove this.
>>
>>132283734

its not true. google it, we are in top 10
>>
>>132280978
That's not how it works anon. Although I wish it was.
I took one ages ago when I was in high-school and scored a 137.

Yeah I get things faster than most people. And yes I can remember/learn things quicker too. But I also think too much and I'm somewhat lazy. IQ really doesn't mean much. Sure it's a plus, no doubt about it, but a bunch of Cletus's and Dresy are far more capable of going at it with Islam.
>>
>>132260579
>Peterson can only see the world in great metaphores and ideologies.

no, human beings see the world that way and Peterson wants to explore how and what the meaning of it is

you don't even grasp JBP so I'm not even gonna bother addressing the rest
>>
>>132284036
Only according to a shitty outdated study. Also, even if your average iq is 97 thats pathetic if smart norweigians dont emigrate out where as other europeans do.
>>
File: Peterson.png (782KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Peterson.png
782KB, 1024x512px
Jordan Peterson drops truth bombs for a living
>>
>>132283965
>Its the dangerous post modern literature that has power and that the liberal universities make their student reads.
Didn't you see my post? Post-Modern philosophy is largely ignored by universities. Analytic phil is by far the more popular in the west. A couple major thinkers still get taught, but hardly anyone but serious grad students read the Frankfurt School /pol/ loves to hate on so much.

>What good ideas has Foucault even done?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discipline_and_Punish
His deconstruction of hierarchical structures is pretty damn influential. I mean Foucault's big claim to fame are his amazing breakdowns of how power reveals itself in society.

>s just the same thing about everything is social constructed humans are blank slates that can be programmed by the state. its ideas that might be the reason for the fall of western civilization. which might be their goal . because who care . we need to destabilize and destroy the world so that something new and better can spring up from the ashes right?
For someone seemingly anti-ideological, and self-admittedly poorly read in post-modern literature, you sure do have an ideological view on them.
>>
>>132284068
ive noticed the lazy thing

its like high IQ people are either hyper motivated or lazy as shit. seldom do I meet one in the middle
>>
>>132284999

Foucault is the reason we have woman studies and queer theory and critical theory. He believes that moral is totally relative. if you think he is a good person that people should read and be influenced by. then you don't really belong to this board lol. this is /pol/ after all, not antifa board

i mean the post modernism that is taught at university (there are so many youtube videos on this, Jordan is not alone here) is that western civilization has to be deconstructed and is biased towards the people that historically was in power. all our morals have been interpreted by white cis males. And they need to be changed. This is a bad idea.
>>
>>132285649
He is a naive idiot with no understanding of history or geopolitics. You are completely right. Foucault was a homosexual who resented the West for stigmatizing his perversions. Rousseau abandoned his children to die in an orphanage to live in luxury. Leftist/liberal thinker are motivated by resentment, and while masking their true motivations pretended to deconstruct others. It takes a real idiot to believe they are deep thinkers. I remember reading Sartre and coming across a page long sentence. I stopped reading right there.
>>
File: 1470115648707s.jpg (3KB, 97x124px) Image search: [Google]
1470115648707s.jpg
3KB, 97x124px
>>132262900
leddit detectino.
>>
>>132260579
>Its not one united phenomenon that is causing everything.
Hes gone into this a couple times. None of them are directly ideologically driven because each one of them only inhabit a tiny fragment of the more cohesive ideology. When they act out their little piece they push that little bit of agenda forward and when they get together they make up enough of a cohesive whole that they leave with a few more fragments.

imo They may use it to rationalize their actions but the courses that teach the justifications were tailored to the express purpose of exploiting that. They're social scientists, its not unreasonable to assume that the general teaching method is meant to get a rise out of their students. They get to keep their tenure that way, get elected, get published, etc. while solidifying their standing through policy thats doing the 'something good'. They may not be united but they at least maintain and brow beat enough consensus in that it may as well be.
>>
>>132262900
>/pol/ish intellectuals
>>
File: 1498096519344.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498096519344.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>132285649
>Foucault is the reason we have woman studies and queer theory and critical theory
Critical theory precedes Foucault by like 30-40 years.
Women's studies started in America in 69 and it's nothing more than simply the study of how women are represented and affected in different fields. An essay about Ovid from the 1700s is Women's Studies.
Queer Theory is really just another name for Gender Theory, which is actually pretty damn interesting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_Trouble

> if you think he is a good person that people should read and be influenced by. then you don't really belong to this board lol
> you think people should read then you don't really belong to this board lol
fixed that for you
You haven't even read him you philistine. At the very least take the fucking time to read people's wikipedia articles before you sperg out on them.

>western civilization has to be deconstructed and is biased towards the people that historically was in power. all our morals have been interpreted by white cis males. And they need to be changed.
Congrats, you're a fucking idiot who's trying to be cool on the internet. Deconstruction is just enunciating the various causes, influences, ideologies, societal norms, and circumstances, under which a work or idea is produced. You "Deconstruct" a thing to see its parts
Some Post-Modernists, notably Foucault, deconstructed ideas to show how certain institutions (most famously prisons and Insane asylums) were formulated to enforce hierarchies. He also explores how these hierarchies affect people's experiences. Of course this is worth reading, even if you don't agree with his ideas for reform.

You're arguing for anti-intellectualism because daddy Peterson told you Derrida don't like structures. I thought you were a reasonable guy, but you've gone full ideology. How about you engage with their actual material before you write them off as [the cause of everything I don't like].
Fuck off, dipshit.
>>
>>132286804
>the value of a person's body of thought is equal to how moral of a life they led
>I remember trying to read something that was too hard for me to understand. i stopped thinking right there.
>>
>>132288353
>>the value of a person's body of thought is equal to how moral of a life they led
It literally is, you smarmy Slavoj Zizek fanboy. Philosophy is an expression of your being.
>>
>>132288581
So every philosopher who's ever done a bad thing ought to be totally disregarded, even if their ideas are solid?
So I guess we better stop reading everything anyone's ever produced, huh.
>>
File: popper_theories.png (404KB, 666x969px) Image search: [Google]
popper_theories.png
404KB, 666x969px
What's the likelihood of a postmodernist deconstructing something and discovering no hint of any -ism in the deconstruction?
>>
>>132288146

>Gender Theory, which is actually pretty damn interesting

so you are not a normal /pol/ fag. you believe there are more than two biological genders and stuff, this is the problem. maybe fun thought experiments. but its dangerous when lots of people starts taking it seriously. you don't seem to care or take responsibility for real world effects.

>You haven't even read him you philistine. At the very least take the fucking time to read people's wikipedia articles before you sperg out on them.

it says in wiki that he did the things i said.

what do you want to deconstruct. what is it about your country that is so horrible!. why cant you just realize that you are living in the best civilization in the world and that everyone around the world tries to get into your country because of it. Instead you think its fun to read critical theory (made by other counties) that tries to attack your country. don't fix what is not broke. don't be so sure you know how a perfect world looks like, when you even your room is a mess. you are part of the snowflake generation , spoiled and defeated by victory. and our generation can easily fuck it all up if we don't take this serious. wake up
>>
>>132288906
When someone seeks to destroy something one must question their motivations. 97% of philosophy is shit because 97% of people are shit.
>>
File: IMG_6741.gif (111KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6741.gif
111KB, 1027x731px
>>132268463
>>
>>132288953
>you believe there are more than two biological genders and stuff, this is the problem.
>You want to engage with interesting ideas, this is the problem.
It's a well respected book with interesting arguments. I don't know how I feel about the whole gender thing, I generally don't care. Doesn't mean I'm gonna write off a whole field just because they're investigating stuff I may disagree with.
>you don't seem to care or take responsibility for real world effects.
The effects of what? Foucault investigating how prison systems have functioned over history? Over what it means to say Gender at all?

>what do you want to deconstruct. what is it about your country that is so horrible!.
It's about learning how and why things work. It's about understanding how certain things (institutions, conventions,
>why cant you just realize that you are living in the best civilization in the world and that everyone around the world tries to get into your country because of it.
So you can't investigate or question anything ever if things are going relatively okay? What's wrong with you dude? You're basically arguing against academia and study as a whole right now. Why study anything?

There are also plenty of damn broke things in America, are you stupid? I don't get why you're so anxious and paranoid about rigorously studying and questioning things. It's what people have been doing for centuries, Post-Modernism just presented newer procedures.

>>132289369
>When someone seeks to destroy something one must question their motivations
Are you trying to deconstruct philosophers or something? That's what a dirty post-modernist would do.
>>
>>132290003
I am deconstructing the supposed deconstructors. I stated this two posts ago, numbnuts.
>>
>>132290003
>It's about understanding how certain things (institutions, conventions, ideas) have played out, how they came to be, what they mean, and what their ends are (Implicit or explicit)
Don't know why I trailed off there

>>132290138
Missed it, chill out.
I wonder, though, who are these perfect human beings you follow who've never done a bad thing in their life?
>>
>>132290268
Healthy ≠ perfect. Goddamn you are slow. I have to explain every little thing or else you take one wrong jist and run with it.
>>
>>132290268
>I wonder, though, who are these perfect human beings you follow who've never done a bad thing in their life?

at least they agree that morality exist, and they strive for truth and not lying. The post modernist authors are free from those horrible constraints.
>>
>>132290525
I'm just reading what you're posting m8. If you don't want to be misunderstood, then write clearly dickhead.
So, Rousseau, who indisputably laid the ground for the French Revolution and did more to help democracy in his lifetime than you'll ever dream of, is off the list. Who else? Kant? I know Aristotle and Marcus Aurelius are gone.

>>132290530
If you're not going to engage, then fuck off. I already explained how Postmodern Ethics can exist earlier.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.