[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /pol/'s take on transhumanism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

What's /pol/'s take on transhumanism?
>>
shitty elitist pipedreaming
>>
>>132217114
Count me in
>>
>>132217114
>>132217267
*once it's legal, of course
>>
>>132217114
sounds like it would be pretty fucking fun
>>
Scifi bullshit
When the tech becomes real, I'll care
>>
>>132217114

I heard this game was shitty
>>
>>132217317

But would /pol/ push it or be against?
>>
>>132217114
Mostly fedora tier and should be kept in cyberpunk and only handled by competent authors well versed in many branches of philosophy.
>>
>>132217430
/pol/ isn't a hive-mind, i'd try to push it if i could
>>
>>132217537
>Mostly fedora tier

Do you think only fedoras would be interested? You can be spiritual and require medical assistance, you know.
>>
>>132217673
I think things like prosthesis are different to "augments" as such.
>>
>>132217748

But why would an augment be bad spiritually speaking? There's no single religious verse stating so.

And religious verse assume very high tech where souls are captured and sold.
>>
>>132217114
It would make white genes that much more rare, to prolong the life of those undeserved with augmentations.
>>
>>132217815

The multiplication of white genes is your duty and remains unchanged by modifications.
>>
>>132217114
Satanic shit. If it truly is real, the goyim will not have access to it.
>>
>>132217114
it's the future we ain't gonna get to as fast as we should have
>>
>>132218000

How is this satanic?
>>
I accept it... and welcome it.
>>
We need to make sure it serves us, rather than replacing us
>>
We already have, pic related

It's just a matter of upgrading the current tech to a point where it's only slightly better than what evolution did.
>>
>>132217114
Degeneracy
>>
>>132217114
It's the next step in evolution, improving ourselves at will.
But only when those prosthetics are actually better than our normal body parts.
The human body is fairly weak, it's our job getting rid of those weaknesses.
>>
File: ly8m10hz51xx.jpg (92KB, 1280x697px) Image search: [Google]
ly8m10hz51xx.jpg
92KB, 1280x697px
>>132217114
We have enough problems with SJWs who pretend to be superior to everyone else.
Now imagine the same smug cunts being ACTUALLY superior in every way.

Do we really want that?
>>
>>132218632

But you can be actually superior to them and exterminate them with your umbilical chaingun.
>>
>>132217114
Technology is a mistake.
Go back to horses and kilij.
>>
It's maybe 10 years time from exploding.
>First cosmetics and prosthetics.
>Augmentations for strength and intelligence soon after, but only after being phased through the elite.
>First man over 50% machine by 2040.
>Large numbers of people 75% machine in 2060. A small group will remain pure flesh and grow in strength until they rebel.
>Pure flesh rebellion hackers manage to disable the entire augmented population of Earth and hold the elite by the throat.
>Turns out the elite completed a cycle back to pure flesh and are completely unaffected.
>Pure flesh rebels are hunted while cities become ghost towns filled with dormant augmented humans frozen in time.
>A rebel unknowingly exposes the remaining pure flesh rebels to a deadly virus only attacking full humans.
>He is captured and exposes the henchmen of the elite to it as well.
>Virus makes its way through the remaining full humans killing them off before either side could win.
>The augmented humans remain disabled and years pass as their remaining humanity literally rots away
Pretty bad story, but I'm full of them.
>>
>>132218400

That's a decoy. They have been cloning genetically engineered humans for hundreds of years, using hormones and artificial wombs. Everything they tell us about our collective past is a lie.
>>
>>132218632

That's not actually a female. For some reason, these things gender swap, or are hermaphrodites that can go either way. We have a minority of humans that are not like regular people, and serve the system.
>>
>>132217114
Prosthetics will get pretty cool, but brain-computer interfaces would end up with brainwashing sooner or later, though having a direct connection to the whole internet sounds undoubtedly interesting.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.