[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get started with the Peterson?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: téléchargement.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
What should I go with first? I need to sort myself out as a 22 years old who experienced failure all his life.
>>
>>132202126
Start out with his episodes on Joe Rogan's podcast.
>>
>>132202126
>Start working out
>Try to learn a useful skill
>Keep stuff like video games/Internet to a minimum

There, I just saved you hours and hours of pretentious philosophy BS. No need to thank me.
>>
>>132202570
Thank you.

The guy is good for normies and semi-WOKEs, but he's still shit-tier for intellectual minds.
>>
Get a degree, get a career, become good at something, then become proud of your life.

Jordan Peterson would have you studying soft sciences to become a better person, he definitely believes he's on our side but I've agree with other anon, he was definitely influenced by the 80% women of his psychology courses. His ideology is dripping with feminine thoughts that otherwise make no sense for a straight white man to have.
>>
Clean your room
>>
>>132202126
Come to Germany frenchbro, let's play Xbox all day together. That always cheers me up
>>
>>132202126
Watch his older lectures on personality and "maps of meanings" sorted me out good.
>>
>>132202981
Every time I read this, I clean up a bit.

One day....
>>
>>132202570
This.
Skill and Attitude > (psychological) Knowledge
>>
Type Jordan Peterson into the youtube search function.
>>
>>132203694
That day can be whenever you want it to be.
You are approaching it of your own volition.
Keep cleaning.
>>
>>132202126
I can coach you ig you want. I got out of crippling depression and went on to ace life. I'm in Paris, btw.
>>
>>132202126
most of his youtube videos are just repeats of the same topic at different times
>>
File: 23.jpg (32KB, 282x498px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
32KB, 282x498px
>>132202126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsR7-SiLPY

I found this one to be pretty good.

This one as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwcVLETRBjg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UL-SdOhwek
That one is a two-parter.

Then this one is also good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDRgMUoEvcg

Then, O.P., what you should do is stay up-to-date with his Y.T. and Twitter. Should be good for you. There are loads more quality videos on his Y.T. if you have time.

You might as well look to order a copy of this Bible if your English is good enough, Mr Peterson recommended that one:
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Designed-Literature-Testaments-Version/dp/0671879596
>>
>>132202844
Explain this ridiculous accusation
>>
File: BLUBBER.png (613KB, 879x682px)
BLUBBER.png
613KB, 879x682px
>>132202126
>listening to snake oil salesmen
>>
>>132202126
The sum of useful knowledge he has to offer is that you can use the subclassification of newtonian truth(observational commonality) and darwinian truth(pattern repetition) to define successful value systems found in religious idealogies as darwinianly "true" regardless of the improvable and farfetched mythological delivery, based on their usefulness in organizing a society.

Example: You shouldn't fuck kids because kids make bad parents/set looser social examples. Success story of this idea is the hajnal line of northwest europe, where for the first time ever most people started having kids in their 20's and onwards. Leading to greater social cohesion.

Essentially, the idea that moral systems cannot be based on object observations(can't get from an is statement to an ought statement directly) is the first assertion of nihilism--there is no object morality or worth. But the path explored by using pattern repetition and considering human social systems and humans themselves as a pattern essentially establishes a new angle by which you can actually weigh religious and cultural tenets against each other with a different standard of legitimacy.

In effect this means that he doesn't(shouldn't) believe in god as an entity, but believes in a moral ideal and value system as essentially valuable, and proven to be successful in nearly every society. It's a more fleshed out version of an old observation of oral traditions as mass psychological fingerprints of cultural ideals. Such as gilgamesh just being superhumanly strong but his flaw in the eyes of the gods is indulging in prima noctum, could be used as an example of what mesopotamians expected of their leaders/citizens as an ideal.

Whereas hercules is strong, clever, dutiful, and penitent. And as a hero, represents what greek people thought of as "heroic".

TL;DR The best value system wins/survives/flourishes, and this is as close as you can get to calling it "true". Everything else he says is self-help.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.