[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jesus was a proto-leftist How do you counter this shit tier

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1693.jpg (218KB, 750x962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1693.jpg
218KB, 750x962px
>Jesus was a proto-leftist

How do you counter this shit tier line of thinking?
>>
>>132201920
Jesus was leftist everyone but me gotta learn you have shit tier thinking
>>
Jesus didn't exist.
>>
Jesus was the leader of the first Reich.
>>
>>132201920
Jesus was a leftist who thought killing fags was ok. If more leftists were like him, maybe they wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>132201920
No he wasn't. Jesus avoided talking politics because it wasn't part of his message. The (christian) bible was actually written against theocracies. Jesus even said that Caesar was in place because of God and you should be a good citizen to him.
>>
>>132202090
Jesus was against any killing...
>>
After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
>>
>>132201920
By not being a Christian.
>>
>>132201920

>30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>132202099
you do realize that literally anything can become political.
>>
christians are cucks

jews are the true master race
>>
>>132201920
>says it's "shit tier level thinking"
>incapable of making am argument against it and asks for help
>>
>>132202299
He avoided talking about political structures and just said those in power were put there for a reason so be good goys.
>>
>>132201920
>roman empire
Yes goy let's ignore the Jews completely.
>leftism in Catholicism
I knew the Jesuits were a mistake
>>
>>132201920
Lefties weaponize Jesus against Christians to guilt trip them into accepting degeneracy.

Jesus was not a "nice" person. He even resorted to using violence in kicking out greedy Jews from a temple.

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's", to paraphrase him.

I don't think Jesus's form of love meant accepting people as they are. Jesus's love meant scolding them for their transgressions, so that they may become better people. "Tough love", basically.
>>
>>132202140

False, he wasn't against murder. Killing is morally acceptable under certain circumstances.

> http://biblereasons.com/self-defense/
>>
>>132202536
>didn't call out Jews

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you
>>
Simple.

>charity is either voluntary or meaningless
>>
>>132201920
This fedora tipper comes so close to admitting that Christianity set the trend of Western Civilization towards the divinity and sovereignty of the individual, and then calls it ironic because no matter what is put in front of him, he will use it to justify the beliefs he already holds, no matter how ridiculous.
>>
>>132202536
Crucifixion is not a punishment in Judaism or Hebrew culture. It was a very popular one in Roman culture though.
>>
File: hitler4.jpg (60KB, 485x200px) Image search: [Google]
hitler4.jpg
60KB, 485x200px
>>132201920
Jesus was a Kike and was born of cuckoldry.
>>
>>132202299
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
>>
File: sinai.jpg (131KB, 375x700px) Image search: [Google]
sinai.jpg
131KB, 375x700px
>>132201920

This is garden variety "historical critical" bs that's been peddled since the 19th century. It's been resoundingly rejected by many theologians. The first and most complete would be Romano Guardini's book "The Lord." It's very long, but worth it. He was a huge influence on Pope Benedict XVI, who riffed on many of Guardini's ideas in his Jesus of Nazareth series. Those books are shorter, and easier to read, so I would highly recommend them. The Everlasting Man by GK Chesterton, especially the second half of it, is more polemic and less theological, but addresses the same issues of the misinterpretation, or even misappropriation, of Christ by leftist, statist apologists.

Suffice it to say, this interpetation of Christ really doesn't have much to stand on.
>>
>>132201920
If you really need an answer to this:
Every single thing Jesus talked about related to the betterment of yourself and your personal relationship with God.
You are required to bear the burden of life, and you are required to help your neighbors. Voting away that responsibility to feel good about yourself is doing nothing, especially when you're not sacrificing anything to do it. Like this anon said>>132204151
Jesus advocated taking responsibility, and even commanded you to be perfect. Knowing this isn't possible for man, he provided a way to be saved.
Regarding political structures and laws, all he ever said was to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and render unto God that which is God's. This small phrase is very significant. You are required to obey the laws of the land, but salvation is not through the state, and turning the state into your god is a sin.
>>
>>132201920

For 200 years they have tried to make Jesus into a social figure. Marxists literally can't interpret history without seeing class warfare everywhere. Everything looks like a nail when all you've got is a broken fucking hammer.

Christ's indispensable role is that of redeemer. There is literally nothing so important as Christ the Redeemer. It forces society to have a quality of mercy beyond the capriciousness of kings. It forces people to move beyond a victim status. It allows that people who do wrong can also do good. It doesn't give them all a free pass but it presents a framework where a pass can be earned. This is a crucial social safety valve.

Consider SJW justice, for instance. They want someone who makes a bad joke about Africa and AIDS to be jobless, impoverished, hated and scapegoated. Not a single person was saved from getting AIDS because of this, but they will hound this person to the end of time for a joke. That's what a society without the notion of redemption looks like. All is permitted but you pay for it, forever.
>>
>>132202299
Did your college professor in women's studies tell you that?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.