[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Guard Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pennnatguard.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
pennnatguard.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
- Why don't you join the National Guard

- What's the National Guard like compared to the infantry reserves of Britain & Canada

- How do they work state vs. federal control

- Is it looked at favorably or poorly?

American soldiers are pretty poorly trained to begin with, hows the NatGuard in comparison?
>>
>>132175198
Correct me if I'm wrong but
>How do they work state vs. federal control
They are supposed to be the last line of defense, both domestic and foreign. They can say no to the president, and the governor and act independently if need be

Although, at one point in history, a general took his men and slaughtered a bunch workers on strict for a Rothschild factory(?). Many were camped with their families

>American soldiers are pretty poorly trained to begin with, hows the NatGuard in comparison?
Least amount of training, called "weekend warriors" by other branches
But
-stay home
-benefits
-surpass some cali gun control
-fight natural disasters like earthquakes, forest fires and dindu riots
>>
>>132175198

Don't know much about the US but in the UK we used to have something called the territorial army, which was our version of the NG.

It was like the NG in that you just signed on for a few weekends a year, but you could do more if you wanted, and got paid a bit. Now it's been scrapped and replaced by the reserves, which is pretty similar I think but they get comparable training to the army if they want it. We've had reserve sections serve in Afghanistan, don't know if they were any good but they haven't got the 'weekend warrior' the TA had.
>>
>>132175198
>A
>>
>>132177135
>FUCKING
>>
>>132177239
>LEAF
>>
>>132175650

They can't say no to the being called on by the Federal Army, it's called "Federalizing" a unit. Individuals can't be called up if you're in the National Guard (you can if you're in the Reserves), but National Guard units as a whole can be.

What you're thinking of are State Defense Forces. By US Constitution, all the States of the Union are allowed to have their own State Defense Forces, and these forces are directly under the Governor of the State, and can't be made to be Federalized.

Only some States have State Defense Forces, but they're all allowed to have them.
>>
>>132175650
>They can say no to the president, and the governor
Wrong. You are under the authority of both. You really think uncle Sam trains and pays these fuckers so that they could flee whenever they want to? Dumbass.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.