[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Cuban Missile Crisis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (51KB, 556x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 556x264px
What happened in that time?
>>
File: 200.gif (3MB, 358x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
3MB, 358x200px
Holy shit go watch a documentary there's plenty.
Why ask here?
Go go
>>
>>132172834
USA moved missiles to Turkey and the Russians move their to Cuba in response, Turkey is somehow ok and Cuba is fucked since then
>>
>>132172834
It was fucking mutants
>>
>>132174784
>Turkey is somehow ok
we had good relations with the USSR due to 60 coup and kuruschev's constructive policy. we had many industrial deal at the time also.
Cuba was a pain in the ass for the US after its revolution.
>>
>>132172834
Why the fuck does that map show Mexico owning part of America?!
>>
Italy and Turkey were NATO allies in that time, and Khrushchev was worried about the presence of US air bases and missiles in those areas, and also a few dotted ones in Japan, South Korea, and India.

He decided that, in order to counter these missiles should the Americans strike the Soviet Union, missiles should be installed in the Soviet-aligned state of Communist Cuba.

The US Army was also testing out a new spy plane around the time when the missiles were being installed, and were doing some testing on how well it could record pictures and the clarity of photos it could capture from the surface of the Earth

They flew it over Cuba, and the Cubans used Soviet weapons to shoot it down. The prototype was smashed but the pictures were sent back to the Pentagon.

Kennedy announced the threat, and the American public started gearing for war, and were sure that WWIII could break at any second. Thankfully, Kennedy and Khrushchev managed to make an exchange:

The Soviet Union will withdraw all weapons from Cuba, and the USA will withdraw all weapons from Turkey and Italy.

After this, a telephone line from DC to Moscow was installed to prevent a diplomatic faux paw like this from happening again.
>>
>>132175522
It doesn't.
>>
>>132175522
>owning part of America
is not, just rotated, look at Baja
>>
>>132175522
what Mexico takes is Belice and part of Guatemala in that map
>>
>>132175961
that's not how you spell belize mate
>>
>>132176452
is ok in Spanish and I'm ok with that, nice proxy
>>
The CIA were taking copious amounts of LSD, got paranoid, and tried to troll Kennedy.
>>
>>132172834
Kennedy was a tough guy who thought he was a pussy and Khrushchev was a pussy who thought he was tough.
>>
>>132175623
Boring.
Someone explain how this is the Jews fault.
>>
>>132176672
it's not a proxy mate
>>
>>132177067
Apologies, let me rephrase

So Adam Sandler hid a Kosher bomb in Castro's morning coffee and the Americans thought the Soviets did it so they supplied Israel with weapons so they could commit 9/11 40 years later.
>>
>>132175522
Wtf I love gringos now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.