[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else starting to get fatigued by the internet? The

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: NIC.png (295KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
NIC.png
295KB, 1000x625px
Is anyone else starting to get fatigued by the internet? The trump campaign was pretty much the only exciting thing happening online throughout the years 2015-2016. Now we're back to the usual slump. Things aren't as wild, creative, and new as they were in 2006-2012. Call it nostalgia, but I see a real paradigm shift in how people collaborate, interact, and create.

How many of your favorite YouTubers are now whoring themselves out for Patreonbux and doing nothing but fanservice? Do you really feel like anyone you currently subscribe to is breaking new ground in the way.... Newgrounds animators were?

This is all spilling over into real life, too. An american mono-culture has taken over the globe, anyone who interacts with the Internet is a member of only a few archetypes (SJWs, fedoralords, natsocs, (((libertarians))), etc)
>>
during the election i had 4chan and other sites open all day, now i just check in morning and before bed, it will come back in 2018 or so im sure, go outside and be social.
>>
It's not the internet, it's you. You're jaded and have seen it all. It's just part of aging. You don't think people in times past have made similar comments about the lack of creativity in theater, or novels, or music, as opposed to the good old days when they were a kid?
>>
I guess what i'm really trying to get at here is that insular tribal communities are killing culture, there's less discovery and overlap between ideas then there once was.
>>
>>132158178

It's not the "good old days" i'm longing for, people were the same then as they are now. I'm saying that aggregator platforms are a dying breed and are being morphed into the same sort of thing as cable TV. "Fuck you, pay me, I do the same thing every day."
>>
>>132157747
>2015-2016
Was a cracking time:

>Brexit
>trump
>hwndu
>rwss
>BLM chimpouts (starring r2dindu)
>trucks of peace all over (can't believe it's a year since nice)

Magic...
>>
>>132158639

And look how every amazing moment that came of all that now belongs to idiots like r/the_donald. The democratization of internet access is diluting the quality of the userbase and turning every scrap of new content into a platform for epic t-shirts
>>
>>132157747
>Things aren't as wild, creative, and new as they were in 2006-2012
>t. Eternal Newfag
>2006 was the year the internet went to shit
>>
>>132157747
> internet
No
>/pol/
Yes. Outside of happenings it's been excruciatingly boring this year so far
>>
The internet was a mistake
>>
>>132160257
can't wait for the coming nuclear war/GFC2: electric boogaloo/post-ISIS syria/breakup of the EU/Deutche Bank collapse...
>>
I'm actually fairly certain we're going to lose control of this internet as we know it to government. When that happens I'm sure somebody will create a free internet that will be like the wild west again.
>>
Bait. Our president just body slammed CNN right now.
>>
>>132160257
Seems that way cos the last couple of years were such a rollercoaster....
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.