[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stories about WW2 from your grandparents

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_7512.jpg (59KB, 732x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7512.jpg
59KB, 732x545px
Can we get one of these threads going? I'll start.

My grandad didn't fight in the war as he was a farmer. He took German POWs and I think he got on well with them. There is no bitterness. The people he hated were the Japs who were seen as cruel and I think he still dislikes them.
>>
>>132110784
My great Grandfather joined the SS in 1937 and was stationed on a nort west german Airbase. There he got to know my great Grandmother and took her back to vienna after the war. He didn't see any combat during the war.
>>
>>132111025
What did your grandad think of Brits?
>>
My grandmother once gave a German POW a knife to peel an apple with. One of the guards yelled at her saying "why did you give that man a knife"?? My grandmother said "he needed it to peel that apple".
>>
File: 1-IMG_8888.jpg (390KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1-IMG_8888.jpg
390KB, 1920x1280px
Grandfather didn't fight in the war because his heart problems but fought in 1918 civil war against reds.
>>
>>132110784
My grandfather was in the navy, he was too young to actually fight so I think he drove an ambulance. He died before I was born so I don't know much
>>
>>132111635
based
>>
My grandfather was a prisoner of the Japanese on the railway in Thailand. He didn't hold any grudges against the Japanese, he said there were some good ones and some bad ones, and that the guards were starving too by the end. He had no problem buying Japanese electrical goods and so on, and he taught me to count in Japanese. He told me that when the Americans liberated his camp they asked the prisoners which guards had mistreated them and then shot them out of hand.

They were literally starving, over half the men he was with died of disease or malnutrition. He said they used to eat caterpillars off the ground. He still weighed less than six stone when he got home five months later.
>>
My Italian colleague complained how Germans forced his grandfather to eat pervitin and they also injected him with the drug (and probably something else in combination as well).
>>
>>132110784
Grandfather was tank commander in 79th tank division. Near Oder in fight with two tigers shooted one. After it run away hide in a village waited the second to go away and shooted hom too.
>>
File: 1.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Great-grandfather was in the line behind the Maginot line, got fucked up a bit, sent to Germany as a POW to work in a camp. During his time he met a german woman, was released in '45.
He was never vocal about it, almost didn't want to leave Germany. One time during a fight and drunk, he slipped and told my great-grandmother that he fugged her a couple of time, more than enough to get her pregnant. So here I stand thinking I could have some cousins in Germany.
>>
>>132110784
Nu grandfather was a kid in the 40s. Suddenly one morning an RAF pilot came down with a parachute, he pulled his gun and when my granddad approched him he said "where am I? Where am I?" And when he heard he was in Sweden, he was super relieved and holstered his gun. My granddad asked him if he wanted anything but all he wanted was a glas of water. Before he left he gave my granddad a pack of cigarettes, my uncle still has that pack of cigarettes till this day.
>>
My great grandpa died at Pearl Harbor. My grandma told me his last words were "BONZAI!!!" Before crashing into the USS Missouri.
>>
>>132110784
My grandpa was a dentist in a small village. He didn't really care about the war. Sad.
But he remembers that jews had it hard at the time.
>>
>>132110784

>Grandfather fought in the 5. Fallschirmjäger Division against the Americans after his piloting training was halted due to lack of fuel
>attacked the enemy at night with his mortar squad, firing 5-10 grenades per mortar and then gtfo before they were located
>became friends with an American Major after the war he went skeet shooting with
>alive, 92 years old and still antisemite

>other granddad got drafted into the Volkssturm at age 15
>were given the task to ambush American tanks with magnet bombs
>shot one American young man in the stomach during the attack
>told me he dreams of his face a lot
>died in 2009 after smokinh 2 packs of filterless camel every day
>>
My grandpa died in a concentration camp. He fell from a guards tower
>>
>>132112148
What was he doing in Sweden I wonder?
>>
>>132112302
On the jew?
>>
>>132112282
Based grandfathers
>>
my grat grandad was a captain off an aertillery regiment and was the the head of the home gard in his village in ww2 because he was to old to fight
>>
>>132112302
Old but gold
>>
>>132110784

My grandfather served in the Pacific, starting at the age of 17. The only story he told was the first one, about how the first plane they shot down was an american plane that they mis-identified.

We thought it was the funniest thing ever, being about 8 years old. He got pissed and never discussed the war again with us.
>>
grandmother from former east parts of germany told me how russians killed all their animals and raped her mother while she needed to make food for the russians. grandfather told me how russians stomped their door in and smashed the windows and turned out the electricity, then they got forced to leave their house at gunpoint with only the things they wore. Other grandma told me how russians jumped on the trains with which they got deported and how they stole the last things people had and they also raped old people.

Fucking russians, they are no humans.
>>
>>132112336
I think they were supposed to bomb something in northern germany, but they had serious navigation issues and had no idea where they were
>>
>>132112505
>but they had serious navigation issues and had no idea where they were

If you've read Catch-22, you might wonder if they had perfect navigation and knew exactly where they were, and just bailed out to make it look real.
>>
my grandpa served until 1945, when he committed suicide on April 30th, rather than be captured by the Russians
>>
>>132112496
Fucking russians, literally subhumans

Better dead than red
>>
>>132112496
Such is life in ossiland
>>
>>132112496
If you wanted to be captured by anyone it would've been us.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 1080x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 1080x899px
Mother's father was in the HJ, had to dig trenches against the Ruskies when he was 17 back in 1945. His unit never ended up having to fight. He became a miner like his dad and not sure who he voted for in his life... probably left wing.

Mother's mother was 18 in 1945. She waa in the BDM. Started studying in 1945 to become a high school teacher. I think she was apolitical, but talked fondly about her time in the BDM - still knew all he songs and stuff.

Father's father had arm injury when he was a teenager, was ineligible for service in ww1. He was a staunch royalist and later conservative and lawyer. My father said he detested Hitler for his background as a lowly middle class uneducated worker.

My father's mother was an aristocrat's daughter and very conservative. Married my grandfather when she was 20 in 1926. She was very much into the roaring 20s - I got pics of her, a hottie of her time.

The older brother of my mother's brother was very political and loved the Nazis. He was doing bad stuff in the Balkans and then worked as a miner again. Died in the 50s of cancer.
>>
My grandfather was a mine sweeper. One night he had an order to send a message to another Italian post. The officer told him to follow a light in the horizon. While walking the light shut down and he thought he was going to be captured by the Bongs. He found another light that brought him to another Italian post.
>>
>>132110784
Im Hungarian. My grandad was a camp guard. Although I do not know any actual details as he died as I was born.
My grandma was about 7. She hid in the basement as the Russians encroached. A tank rolled through and blew the living fuck out of her house.
My village was a battleground. The Russians set up artillery positions around the mountains and shelled the German and Hungarian positions for days until the general retreat.
>>
>>132110784
My great grandfather was a leading figure in the NSDAP. He was killed off during the night of the long knives in 1933. He was a pretty well known political figure and is even mentioned in the wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives

His family left Germany for Switzerland shorty after.
>>
>>132112600
Maybe but I doubt it as he returned to Britain as fast as he could to return to the action
>>
My grandfather was rounded up for the Arbeitseinsatz and became a Butcher in Germany for the Wehrmacht.

My other grandfather was a child and got picked up by German soldiers because they thought he was Jewish (Large nose). He was released the same day and apologised. His father was in the Frisian resistance and never spoke about it after the war.
>>
true lots of germna pilots captured by the british would have stay in brittain after the war and married locals
>>
>>132112160
kek
>>
>>132112496

This. Glad my family always lived only 15 km from the dutch border so we never had to endure subhuman Ivans
>>
>>132112605
Do you know that if you say "better red than dead" in Germany you get charged with a criminal offense on the same level of denying the holocaust?
>>
>>132112686
Based, what was his name?
>>
File: 1424888718576.jpg (2MB, 3394x2181px) Image search: [Google]
1424888718576.jpg
2MB, 3394x2181px
>>132112496
That's what happens when you start shit with us, motherfuckers. Glory to the Horde!
>>
>>132110784
My Grandfather was a pilot in the swiss air force. He actually never talked about anything beside fooling around on the base with his mates...
I know from the history books and military documents that he was involved in a number of incidents with german as well as later on with allied planes and that he shot down at least two of them.
>>
Great Grandad was a radio guy, hated mexicans and japs. Don't know much else
>>
>>132110784
>Grandma witnessed the firedome over Dresden from about 30km away.
>Grandpa didn't talk about the war, according to my aunts and mother. Died when I was an infant.
>Few years ago, along w/ my redpilling I found out that he served in the Waffen-SS, which was later confirmed by my aunts
>Further research suggests he actually was an officer (Obersturmführer, probably Haupsturmführer) in the "LSSAH"
>Paternal grandfather was a Berlin metal worker who joined NSDAP pre 1933, which suggests that he fought tooth and nail against the Komintern during the big street riots.

All this stuff I found out because being red-pilled. If I had gotten these infos as brainwashed Normie 15 years ago, I would've shamed myself to death. Now I can proudly say that my family was based on both sides and fought the ZOG, even in one of the toughest units of the whole darn shootin' match.
>>
>>132112160
>BONZAI
Little Suicide Tree
>>
>>132112840
>that picture

Kek
>>
>>132112602
Pussy
>>
>>132112825
except you don't
>>
the only reason the Russians were brutal to the Germans because the Germans before them were horrible to there people
>>
>>132112496
Newt time we would be better.
>>
>>132112825
Kek I didn't know that, your country really changed for the worse after WW2, Merkels dicatorship is cancer compared to Hitler's
>>
Grandfather fixed vehicles in Africa campaign, Italy and probably further north as things went on.

Never met him. Very sad.

No first hand stories but we have a photo of him in the desert next to "two gerry fighters shot down over [illegible]. His scrawl on the back dates it feb 21st 42.
>>
>>132110784
My grandad wasn't in WW2, but he was a medevac doctor in Vietnam, which is relevant enough.

Once during a normal extraction his medevac got hit with a lot more small-arms fire than is healthy but was able to land safely back at the field hospital before dying.
>>
>>132112985

This. I only found out recently that my great grandfather was an SA squad leader and probably torched the local synagogue lel
>>
>>132112985
It's weird being a Brit. We can't really support the Nazis because we fought each other but you were doing God's work fighting commies.
>>
>>132112831
Sorry won't say because of anonymity.

>>132113067
You are right. However if you say "With German Greetings" or "Everything for Germany" you get charged.
>>
grandfather fought in ww1 in the trenches with france when he was 16. They used him as cannonfodder at the end of the war when they knew they lost. They put him and other underage conscripts to the frontline - while the officers ran away

In ww2 he was conscripted again, but since he had a quite big farm he was sent home again after short while, to keep the food production running
>>
>>132112840
Russians are literally nigger-tier

Also, the only reason you won was because the US and Brits pumped supplies into your pathetic excuse for an army, and because the US bombed the german industry to pieces
>>
my great uncle was a British airborne trooper in the Sicily campaign
>>
>>132113316

Only if you do it publicly. You can sign your letters with Heil Hitler if you like
>>
>>132112985
That's just awesome
>>
>>132113333
The onle reason because we won is that we are the best.

Poltava)))
>>
great grandfather was resistance member, kidnapped and presumably tortured a SS officer, taking his iron cross. He lived above the mayors house and listened to the meetings, hid jews from razzia's in the 'biesbosch'.
He never really talked about the war but did get a medal and ribbon for his work in the 1980's

Other grandpa was NSB'er and didn't really do anything besides flip right before the canadians liberated us
>>
File: 100% Sweetie.png (416KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
100% Sweetie.png
416KB, 680x680px
My grandfather was part of a US mortar squad that fought from North Africa to Berlin.

>mfw he fought for the wrong side
>>
>>132110784
One grandfather was in the navy he survived the sinking of the ship, i don't remember the name, the other grandfather was in Russia working, they lived 15km from eachother at the time
>>
File: 1739_ss-20dagen-33cb10f.jpg (58KB, 316x442px) Image search: [Google]
1739_ss-20dagen-33cb10f.jpg
58KB, 316x442px
>>132110784
Grandma from my fathers side was a child in occupied Norway, always spoke highly of the Germans and told me that the Germans were nice to her and all the civillians but food was really sparse so they pretty much ate potatoes for 5 years. She also had to learn German in school.

My Grandfather on my mothers side however fought against the germans in the navy, started off running supply boats and later gun boats. I don't know much of what he did or saw, but my mom has a medal he got from the King 20 years after he died, which she is very mad about.

After the war he was ridden with anxiety and became an alcoholic and was put on all kinds of meds. He had PTSD bad and died in the 70's in a dark apartment after a combo of benzos and alcohol.
>>
>>132110784
my grandma ran from japs
>>
>>132110784
Anyway, my story time.
Great grand-father joined retreating Red Army in 1941 (he was 15), and was something like support-help undocumented guy i guess. Had no desire to wait for nazis. When he got finally drafted they made him into battalion clerk because he had beautiful hand-writing that people could actually read without calling in the guy who wrote it. Comfy job. Found himself a qt nurse and married her in 1944. Survived war unscratched staying away from all that dangerous shit on front line. Almost got to Berlin but in the final months his unit was sent to Czechoslovakia. End.
>>
the reason u won was because of lancaster b17 b24
>>
My grandpa joined the 1st marine Division after Pearl Harbor and saw combat at Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, and Peleliu. He was an MG gunner so no doubt spent a lot of time mowing down Banzai attacks.

He didn't like to talk about it much, but he did tell me a story about seizing a cache of Saki. His unit was tasked with disposing of it. Evidently finding yourself literally buried in Jap corpses might cause one to drink to excess. They all got shitfaced and passed out in the jungle. A truck had to be sent to load up there lifeless bodies like sacks of rice. One guy got lost and when the sun came up he had fallen in an open field ahead of Japanese positions. He somehow managed to sprint back to the line unharmed.
>>
>>132113528
Fuck I didn't realize you were being sarcastic, sorry
>>
>>132113457
No, "Mit Deutschem Gruß" "With German Greetings" is explicitly a greeting form to end letters. If you use it you get charged.
>>
>>132113533

Shameful
>>
>>132113330
My great grandad fought against Germans in the Somme. A bomb exploded near him and he got buried under mud...his friend witnessed this and dug him out saving his life. He also has a medal that we still have.

My dad doesn't like the monarchy because of WW1, he thinks it was just a spat between inbred monarchs using normal men as their pawns.
>>
>>132112496
My grandfather's mother and sister was raped and murdered. They missed the last train before the red army arrived. He was just a boy and had to ride it alone.

He used to tell my mother how great it was under Hitler. I wish I could have met him, his dead now. He doesn't even have a tomb stone which pisses me off to no end. I can't even find his grave.
>>
>>132112302
My grandad died from another guy falling on him at a concentraction camp
>>
>>132113675
Yep the flipping sides part is pretty italian tier, he probably did it for the easy gibs
>>
>>132113652

No, you don't. Letters from person to person are private and not public. It is only punishable if spoken to a public audience which means an uncountable mass of people.
>>
>>132113652
BS, you do not get charged for writing "Mit deutschem Gruss". The laws say you need to promote the goals of Nazism ot glorify the third reich or deny the Holocaust.

Look it up.
>>
>>132110784
my gramps never talked about the war, but i know he survived the holocaust.
i saw the tattoo under his arm, even though he always tried to hide it
i didnt even know he was jewish
>>
Grandpa on mother's side dropped bombs on german civilians during the war. Said he never struck a military target, just cities and 'factories' surrounded by cities.

Grandpa on father's side machine gunned nips on the south-pacific, until a landmine got him in the leg and head.
>>
>>132113461
Yea, it's "awesome" to the extend that my mum and her sisters don't have a copy of the wedding picture of their parents because they married in 1942, and grandpa being a Waffen-SS officer was sporting full regalia. The picture was destroyed along with pretty much all memorabilia. There's only bits and pieces of information left, like a photo from the SS recuperation hospital in Garmisch or a colour pencil portrait of grandfather drawn by a fellow inmate during internment after the war.
>>
>>132113701
I heard the story that your grandpa was raped too. We had a special rape forces with 10 inch dildos
>>
File: poo_face.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
poo_face.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>132110784
Both my grandads were slightly too young to fight in WW2, but one of them was old enough to join the merchant navy aged 16 immediately afterwards, and told me a good story.

His ship delivered coal to India. The sacks of coal were unloaded by local Indian women, who were absolutely dirt poor.
His exact words were: "the Indian women were so poor that they would do anything for a lump of coal - ANYTHING!"
He told this story at a family meal in a restaurant. Made me kek.

>mfw I knew that my teenage grandad used to get sucked off by poo-in-loo women for the price of a piece of coal he had picked up off the ground.
>>
My father's father was the last son of 4 so he got a nice quiet job in a bunker on the Atlantic wall. Not in Normandie, but in Denmark, since that wall was long. His war stories are mostly about the bad quality of the local beer and sunburns he got in his free time on the beach since sun lotion wasn't available. Since we live far in the north of Germany, this was only 50 miles from home. Northern Germany and Denmark capitulated on May the 3rd, all troops left Denmark by the 8th, the British didn't reach our hometown before the 14th. My grandfather was at that time already on our farm at work and had his uniform hidden. That way he was one of the only able-bodied young men in the village and would inherit two farms. Thanks to this e could score immediately after the war with my grandmother, who would have been totally out of his league before.
Her war stories included several British fighter escorts strafing her when they spent the ammo they had left after flying back to Britain over the coast here. They also randomly dropped bombs on towns here. But nothing scary.

My mother's father was a war criminal who was only released in 1952. From what I could find out, he deserved this time. All I could find about him points at membership with the Einsatzgruppen as a police officer in a dog unit. He always had German Shepards after the war named Blondie.
My mother's mother used slave labor on the farm when her first husband died in the war. After the war, lots of refugees from Prussia and Pomerania were quarteered on the farm. The best way to get rid of them was to marry someone and have kids, so she remarried at age 37 and got two more kids. She hated all refugees and was furious when my parents wanted to invite some of them to their marriage in the mid-1970s.
>>
File: ilikethis.jpg (36KB, 222x305px) Image search: [Google]
ilikethis.jpg
36KB, 222x305px
>>132110784
A thread where each country isn't at another countries throat. Feels comfy man.
>>
>>132113679
WW1 trenches really sound like the worst combat ever
>>
>>132113787
Is it true that it's illegal to be skeptical towards muh six gorrillion? I mean are you allowed to research and question it?
>>
>>132113701

would be a shame if somebody vandalized the graves of russian subhumans and kikes in revenge
>>
>>132113913

lel
>>
>>132110784
My grandpa enlisted in the army. He was infantry and operated heavy machine guns. He was trained to fight in the Pacific, but with the Battle of the Bulge coming up, he was suddenly sent to Europe instead. He saved a coconut candy bar for when he reached Japan, but instead ate it somewhere in Europe with snow up to his hips.

He said that he hated France, the people were snobby and unappreciative. One day he went out to get some wine for his unit because they were tired of drinking water. He asked the man in the shop how much it was for a case of wine and the man said $30 dollars because he was American. So my grandfather said fuck that and walked out with the case.

During one of the battles, he and his unit were pinned down by the Nazis and they shot a mortar at them. The mortar landed right by him, but by the grace of God it didn't go off.

After the war, they were searching for high ranking Nazis and bringing them to Nuremburg. His unit found one and instead of bringing him back to Nuremburg (which was a 5 hour drive) they just shot him.

Also when the divide between the allies and the Soviets was being created, my grandpa and some friends got drunk and took a jeep for a joyride into the Soviet side shooting their guns in the air.
>>
>>132113908
That honestly made me sad. You should be proud though, and have many aryan kids!
>>
>>132113815
Not that there's anything wrong with burning cities full of innocent people but you guys bombed a lot of them right under our noses in '45, destroying all loot and aryan lolis. Like Dresden for example. Not cool.
>>
>>132113785

I had the other one in mind

>hiding jews

>literally ensuring Europe is like it is today

>>132114041

You can research it, you can deny it in private but in public it is illegal to question the "crimes of violenz nazi rule"
>>
>>132113528
No vodkanigger, >>132113333 He is 100% right.

Best? You lost 3 soldiers to every German killed, what a victory

National Socialism worked for 12 years, took a war on them to bring them down over lies

USSR: Collapsed after 70 years of existence, never succeeded and has over 60 million deaths due to its regime and famines aand your people were literal slaves to Jews who controlled USSR back then

Moлoдeц, тoвapищ!
You are da real victor Viktor
>>
File: USS_Conner%3B0558201.jpg (113KB, 767x600px) Image search: [Google]
USS_Conner%3B0558201.jpg
113KB, 767x600px
>>132112686
mind if I ask why he was killed?

Had one great grandfather who fought in US Navy. He was drafted in 1944. I can't remember how old he was, but he was put on the USS Conner destroyer and was the oldest guy on the ship but only a Seaman 2nd class (one of lowest ranks). His combat station was a 40mm AA Bofors gun. He died when I was real young, but my grandfather said the only thing he ever said about the war, and he only talked about it once was during the battle of Leyte Gulf they were being attacked and a plane was coming in for a strafing run, they tried shooting it but they had already been getting reports of planes crashing into other ships (first battle where suicide Kamikaze attacks were used) so when they plane got real close the lead gunner told them to get behind the armor shield. One guy, who turned out to be the youngest guy on the ship, did not make it in time and was "torn to shreds" by the strafing (the plane was not kamikaze i guess). He had to clean up the mess.

I ended up fighting in Iraq and had a similar experiance. One night while living in my parents and had a "breakdown," drinking, crying at 3am on the back porch screaming about why did I survive and my friends didn't. My dad came outside and talked me down and one of the things he talked about was how he saw me doing the same things my great grandpa did. That he would be fine at family gatherings for awhile and then would have to just step away, or go off into another room for awhile. Or he was the nicest person usually but could fly off the handle. Excessive drinking. Quiet, etc etc He mentioned more stuff, but it was just interesting to think the war affected him what sounds like the same as it affected me.

I often wonder what he would think knowing that I served and fought too, but am a literal Nazi.
>>
>>132110784
Great grandfather was the only person in the region with a car when the Germans came, and he didn't want to let it go, as being one of the first people with a car was a huge thing for him, so he hid it in a dung hill for 5 years. He stole his bike back from the Germans and did some resistance work, like recieving airdrops and I believe that he had a radio connection with the exiled government.

He and his wife weren't really fond of the Germans.
>>
>>132114249
>You lost 3 soldiers
Soldiers losts were 1-1.3
All other 16mlns were civilians.
>>
>>132113815

Will expand on the bombing thing a bit. He was a bombardier, but even with a norden bomb sight it was still extremely sketchy navigating to the correct target and aiming.

They would often just drop their payload when the lead aircraft 'confirmed' the target, but sometimes they weren't sure so they kept the bomb load till they saw something that 'looked good' and then let em go.

Lots of the bombing missions over europe were total clusterfucks. The coordination was impressive, but their effectiveness against actual hardened and hidden military targets was abysmal.

There was no such thing as a precision strike back then, unless you want to count strafing of small targets.
>>
>>132110784
when germans came to their village in 1941 they were giving children sweets and everybody welcomed them as liberators

and when soviets came back in 1944 they behaved like niggers and killed my grandparents' dog because it was too loud
>>
>>132113635
Peleliu is a facinating battle and I would literally beg on bended knee to hear more first hand experiences.
>>
My great grandfather fought the armenians and the french in Turkey, The story is that he was a cavalry soldier that charged the trenches with only a pistol and a sword.
>>
>>132114085
That's nothing, a minor victory. I intend to do much more than that.
>>
>>132112039
Russian bias tank xaxaxaa))))
>>
>>132114370
We got friendly with a Dutchman on holiday in Bulgaria and he kept talking about Germans stealing your bikes. You Dutch sure love bicycles lol
>>
>>132114536
;-)
>>
>>132113908
Why were they destroyed? It's fucking wedding pictures, not a recruitment poster
>>
My stepmothers dad is a portrayed in a black and white movie. He used mini subs to plant mines on Italian and German warships.
He never talked about it apparently because he felt bad for killing so many people in such a sneaky way.
>>
>>132114376
Pick up a book, use your brain, Oleg

Every fifth soldier recieved a rifle. Oh and should we bring up your war with the finns?
>>
>>132114527
Which french in Turkey? ww1?
>>
File: Luis_Alvarez_-_Flak_Jacket[1].jpg (1MB, 2592x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Luis_Alvarez_-_Flak_Jacket[1].jpg
1MB, 2592x1700px
>half of family left East Prussia during Weimar
>grandfather was a B-29 navigator in the Pacific, then was trained as part a crew for the Silverplate B-29s
>other side, great grandfather died of mustard gas in WWI
>grandfather was in the navy in WWII but mostly stayed in the US

[pic related is not him]
>>
I have a great great uncle who served on the USS Indianapolis. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the mission, he died because no one could rescue them. I hope he was just blown up but he could have just as easily drowned or shark'd.
>>
>>132114608
in the weeks prior to our liberation the germans stole everything that moved and left "iou" notes, to this day we still demand back our;
Cars, horses, carriages, boats, bicycles
>>
>>132114420
Their mission was to attack the civilians. The large firestorms were meticulously planned. When they wanted to hit certain industrial or logistic targets, they did. Just compare the attack on Dresden with the attack on the marshaling yard and some factories a week earlier
>>
>>132114033
My great grandad, the father of the one who got blowjobs from poo-in-loo women after WW2 here >>132113913, was involved in an extraordinary incident in WW1.

He joined up aged 14 (lied about his age) and was part of a "big push" against the Krauts (I think it was at the Somme), and his unit captured a German trench which had been obliterated by artillery prior to the advance.

His mates and him sat down for a celebratory cup of tea in their newly captured trench, when the Germans bombarded the trench with artillery, killing all of his mates except him. He was injured when a German shell glanced his side and hit the mud at his feet without exploding.

There he stayed, injured, in the captured German trench, surrounded by the bodies and body parts of his mates, for eleven days until the British were able to advance again and rescue him. He survived on rotten food and rats so that he would not have to resort to cannibalism.

He spent the rest of the war recovering back in Blighty, and said that the experience was "like hell".
>>
>>132112655
>I got pics of her, a hottie of her time.
You know that you're asking for someone to ask you to post them, right?
Let's see those pics.
>>
>>132114683

Americans burned all photos of my captured granddad, only his Wehrmacht Id card with his photo was left to him since they continued using it for identification in the first time
>>
>>132113954
SD Einsatzgruppen had a shit job. They had to fight the dirty war against Partisans and, due to being chronically short in ranks, had to commandeer local Militia which are accountable for most of the accused mass shootings.
OTOH, international law sanctioned the execution of hostages as retaliation for partisan terrorism. Since the victor dictates the terms I wouldn't be so quick to assume his prison time as justified. It's important to know the context of what he was accused of and convicted for.
>>
File: IMG_8832.jpg (62KB, 660x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8832.jpg
62KB, 660x318px
What did your grandparents think of Brits in the war?

I know this is generalising but it seems that Brits and Germans kind of admired each other, Germans hated Russians and Brits hated Japs.
>>
>>132114694
>Every fifth soldier recieved a rifle
Yes because USSR was making these. 6kk of PPSH, 2kk of PPS-42/43.
>>
>>132110784
My grandad was in the seaforth highlanders and fought on every major campaign front the British army was involved in, trained soldiers for market garden and d-day and after was chosen as part of the unit to head the Burma clean up and oust the remaining Japanese from the jungle who were supplying the rebels. He taught me how to shoot, fight, live off the land and was a great man. If I am even half the man he was at the end of my life then I will be able to die happy.
>>
>>132113954

My grandmom was strafted by British fighters as well.
Strange we never hear about these glorious stories of the (((liberators))) on the history channel
>>
>>132115023
Correction, everyone hates russians, to this day. Everyone. They're cancer.
>>
>>132114683
Both my immediate families were from middle Germany (a.k.a. Soviet Occupied Zone), later GDR. That should answer any question.
>>
File: 1498790922336.gif (2MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1498790922336.gif
2MB, 500x213px
My grandfather was a Ranger in korea. He said that his fave weapon was his combat knife.
>his combat knife
>>
>>132115096
I wish the allies didn't help the russians so much and let the germans just kill all of them, our world today would be much better
>>
>>132114929
Alcoholism was rife in the Einsatzgruppe units.
This was how they could cheaply blank out the immediate memories of what they were doing.

Even when you hate a certain demographic, killing them en masse is still a difficult thing to do and leads to mental collapse.
>>
>>132114822
>When they wanted to hit certain industrial or logistic targets, they did.

According to my grandfather, the actual success of such missions was very low, and most 'reports' were often propaganda.

He described being sent to hit the same factory over 10 times.....10 missions, of a huge flight of bombers, failing to destroy a single factory complex. Fuckups included not being able to find it, not actually hitting the factory, poor weather, etc.

I am aware that bombing civilians on purpose, I am describing the instances where they actually had a logistics target they were supposed to hit.
>>
>>132114504
He always spoke about it being the worst. A "nasty engagement" he would say. Unfortunately the few stories he would tell were from early on during Guadalcanal. I think the early battles were overwhelming victories hence the reason he could muster some positive stories, but Peleliu was too ugly. It was a pyrhic victory and the 1st marine Division would not be combat effective afterwards for almost a year until Okinawa. Marines were very bitter and cynical at this point i.e. killing all prisoners and collecting there teeth as souvenirs.
>>
>>132113954
>He always had German Shepards after the war named Blondie.
Sounds like a nice gentleman
>>
>>132115304
This.

I wish that the Germans had not opposed the Allies to the West, and had instead made an agreement with them to smash the Commies to the East.
>>
>>132115362
I don't think your grandfather lied, I think somebody made him believe what he said altough it wasn't true
>>
Great grandpa was born in 1903. Survived First Balkan war, Second Balkan war, WWI, got drafted when WWII started but he deserted and ran away, also survived NATO bombing in 1999. I never asked him about any stories and I regret it, he died in 2006 of natural causes, he never smoked nor drank alcohol.
>>
My grandfather fucked off to sweden.

If a war breaks out today ill fuck off too, not dying for jewish wars sorry m80s.
>>
>>132114929
He volunteered for the job, was a Nazi from the late 1920s until his death. Add to that his violent behavior towards his own family, the dishonest way he treated the family of my grandmother's first husband (who had owned the farm he was occupying) and the lack of all manners and it's hard for me to find any clue that he might have been innocent.

>>132115411
He was a violent dishonest asshole. My other grandfather and his fallen brothers were better men in every aspect.

>>132115184
Whenever I tell that people say it's just propaganda. There is not that much hard evidence for this and they don't know my grandmother
>>
My great grandfather was shot and injured on the first day of the Somme offensive in WW1. He was discharged after.

My great uncle was killed in the German Spring offensive in 1918. He is buried near St Quentin. He was 18 years old.
>>
>>132115436
Yeah, the Brits wouldn't interfere if the germans attacked the commies
>>
>>132110784
Great uncle went out to Burma as a flak gunner. His train was hit and he was captured, never got to fire his gun. Died building a runway for the Japs. His brother, my grandfather, refused to buy any jap shit until the day he died.
>>
>>132115436

Are you retarded? This was Hitlers offer in the first place and you rejected it
>>
>>132115358
This sword has two edges, matey.
The drinking could as well have been the numbing of the nerves after entering a village or a site where Partisans had conducted a massacre amongst the locals because they hid a young lad who didn't follow the NKVD recruitment order to enlist in the partisan troops.
That's how this spiral of violence started in the first place.
>>
>>132115564
Kek
>>
>>132115494

>I think somebody made him believe what he said altough it wasn't true

That's a weird thing to say. Poor bombing accuracy during WWII is well documented.
>>
>>132115277
I'm sure he didn't lead with his hands like Mr Crowe
>>
>>132110784
My Granddad was a Welshman who was attached to the Canadians Army, as a Pioneer. Joined in 39 and survived the war.
>>
My grandfather (mothers side) and his brother were in the resistance, my granduncle was caught and first sent to Froslevlejren and I think it was Bergen Belsen he ended up in, for 3 months before the war was over and he came home.
>>
>>132115564
They only take in niggers and mudslimes these days. So sorry
>>
>>132110784
My grandfather flew a P47 over Europe. First fighter squadron in Belgium. Got 3 kills. He said it was very uncommon to come back without holes in his plane. He used to give his officers ration of liquor and smokes to the mechanics and ground crew so they had an incentive to keep him alive. He was ordered to bomb a train that German radio later claimed was full of refugees.

His brother was a submarine. On one particularly long mission he told a story about how the very last cigarette on board sold for $20 in 1944 money. He later went on to help reverse engineer captured Axis equipment then became a millionaire in the cable industry then a multi millionaire buying up hilltops for cell towers.
>>
>>132111635

You grand father fought in 1918 ? What are you, 60 ?
>>
>>132115588

I know that my grandmother does not lie to me, this happened a lot.
>>
>>132115634
You are right, but I do not think that it was politically possible to have done this from an Allied point of view. I wish it had have been.
>>
>>132115023
way better than russians, both of my grandmas told me bongs and burgers were kind and gave children sweets and bread, russians only gave death and destruction.
>>
>>132113701
Why does he not have a tomb stone?
>>
>>132114694
>rifle
We used machine guns
>>
>>132112678
>She hid in the basement as the Russians encroached. A tank rolled through and blew the living fuck out of her house.

Sounds like the stories I heard from my Hungarian grandpa. Great grandfather was killed at Stalingrad. Grandpa had to leave the country after the gomies rounded up all his friends.
>>
>>132115184

My gran was strayed by a German bomber as she walked home from school. They had bombed the Supermarine factory near Swindon.
>>
>>132115778
Nah im not fucking off to sweden, gonna be hard to find a non happening place, im thinking australia or NZ.
>>
>>132110784
im ethniucally greek and my grandma told me how well behaved the germans and british were
they would trade their rations for eggs and milk
the period of time that was the worst for most greeks was the civil war after ww2 when communists were freely murdering in rural areas
theres also one story of how her family treated an injured german who was left behind in a retreat; he started working on the farm when he was better but one day the partisans showed up and beheaded the soldier in the fields
>>
>>132115724
Maybe, but the allies needed excuses for bombing civilians
>>
>>132111952
Same happened to my great Uncle. 6'4 and was 6 and a half stone when he was freed. He said the Japanese were terrible. They threw men into slurry pits to die and generally treated them like animals.
>>
>>132115407
Thank you. I served on USS Peleliu, what a goddamned human nightmare that tiny island was.
>>
>>132115502
My uncle's father saw Croats massacre his village. My uncle despises Croats much more than Turks.
>>
>>132115894
Yeah right

You used fucking 2x4s
>>
>>132115184
Same, but this was when she was a little girl walking home.
>>
>>132110784
There is none to tell. Everyone who opposed the Germans and/or Russians was dragged off and was never heard from again. All I have left is the commie bootlicks of a family tree.
Thanks Germany & Russia, thanks alot.
>>
>>132110784
Both my grandparents have been dead since I was little, but my father participated in the blockade during the Cuban missile crisis.
The carrier he was on was struck by a Russian freighter.
>>
My great-uncle was a prisoner of both the Germans and the Italians. He said the Germans were OK, but the Italians were cruel. Two weeks after arriving back in England he had his ear bitten off by a drunk.
>>
>>132115867

You could have just elected Mosley as it should have been

>>132115927

Being near a bombed strategical target by indiscriminate mass bombers is not the same as individual fighter planes singling you out to kill you
>>
>>132114694
You're mistaking WW1 and WW2 - It was true in WW1 and that is one of the reasons the Germans thought they could win again and it was used in german propaganda. Which is why the myth is so widespread today.
>>
>>132110784
My great uncle was on The USS Indianapolis on it last trip.
From that day on, he wouldn't even as so much get on a raft in a crystal clear pool.
Can't say I blame him.
>>
>>132115588
Its a joke man, i thought it was a funny anecdote.
Interesting stories though man, from what i know my family were farmers and just kept on living as they did.
>>
>>132115502
>ran away
>>
>>132116310

I am sorry but this made me laugh out loud. haha

>LONDON
>>
>>132115888
They never found his body.
It's believed they burned his body.
Joseph Goebeels (however you spell it) also burned it his body, and Martin Bormann's body took decades to find.
>>
>>132115888
I have no idea, money problems most likely. I intend to buy him one when I get a Job though since no else seems to care.
>>
Grandfather was a pilot in the army air corps. Despite maintaining a hard-on for airplanes for the rest of his life, the old man NEVER spoke to me about the war until that movie "Redtails" came out. Told me what a complete load of horseshit it was, and that the only reason we ever let blacks fly planes was to soften air resistance in strategic areas because once the krauts started seeing niggers flying they assumed they killed all the white pilots and fucked right off.
>>
Watched this documntary on the Lancaster bomber so many times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iua49gCA6A
>>
>>132116320
There are plenty of stories of civilians being deliberately strafed by German fighters and bombers, even women pushing prams. It's pretty common, people are fucking horrible.
>>
>>132114608
It could be considered the main way of transportation here. About 25% of all trips here are made by bicycle. Besides, I don't think we ever got reparations for the bicycles. Maybe it's time to sue the German government.
>>
>>132110784
My grandmom was german....in 1945 she was 8 years old. The Russians were advancing and were raping all the women. A group of Mongolians grabbed my 8 year old grandmom and were taking her off to the woods to rape her. The Russian officer told the mongoliods that if they touched that little girl he would KILL THEM. So a Russian Officer saved my grandmom from being raped.

The other story she told us was that during the end of the war her brother was hung by the germans because he refused to pick up a weapon and fight to the death for the fatherland. I think he was 14 years old.
>>
>>132116310
Made me Kek
>>
>>132116310
That one could've been written by Graham Linehan.
>>
>>132114420
A bombardier? That's an artillery rank. That's what my grandpa was. The equivalent of a corporal or something that leads a small unit of men. Why would a bombardier be in the air force?
>>
Grandfather didn't talk about.

>Me, eight years old, making Airfix Stuka divebomber.
>Looks at it, points at bomb rails and talks about how they made a screaming sound when they flew at you.
>Left the room.

I didn't really think much of it until after he died. I knew roughly what he did (Royal Artillery, Middle East) but it was only after we found out he'd been at Tobruk on ack-ack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Tobruk
>>
>>132116749
>bombardier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_(aircrew)
>>
My grandfather was Patton's right hand man. Tank engineer. Saw tons of combat esp during battle of the bulge. Got shot after the war ended in berlin by a 10 year old nazi youth while marching in a military parade. Went on to japan as was a big player in the rebuilding of that country. Retired a colonel. Buried in a beautiful military graveyard alongside his wife on a hillside overnight Santa Fe New Mexico. Im not worthy of his legacy.
>>
>>132110784
My grandfather had raised his hand during bomber training and ended up teaching other flyers how to use the tail guns.

Probably saved his life by teaching how to use the guns than flying with them. I think the worst position to be in on a bomber was tail gunner.

Both Grandparents said the atomic bombs saved lives. Invading Japan would have cost another million American lives and a hell of a lot of Japs.

They say the same thing about DDT, it worked great.
>>
File: picrelated.png (879KB, 998x579px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.png
879KB, 998x579px
My Grandfather was first a PT instructor when he joined the Army in 1938. I then think he was in the Gloucestershire regiment until 1941 when he transferred to the 2nd Bat the Parachute regiment.

He fought in North Africa with his local regiment, then in Sicily, and in Operation Market Garden with the Parachute Regiment. He was captured 3 times but the (((Evil))) Nazis let him go twice. Jeez almost makes you think they weren't blood thirsty monsters that went and murdered every prisoner.

The third time he was captured he escaped and came home.
>>
File: foggy gas chamber window.jpg (1KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
foggy gas chamber window.jpg
1KB, 107x125px
>>132110784
fug, gotta go soon but here's my granddad--

>German-descended on both sides of family
>go to war to fight cousins because Pearl Harbor lol
>be Battle of the Bulge towards end of war
>have armor superiority because Germans had no fuel (but they somehow still had tons of fuel to use for getting kikes to gas chambers)
>idiot burger commanders tell them to DISMOUNT ARMOR to traverse Huertgen Forest
>battle of Huertgen Forest becomes infamous and is almost never spoken of because it was a failure/fiasco

>granddad walking behind small tank w/ his platoon
>German mortars are zeroed in and start raining down
>one hits near granddad's leg, blowing off bottom half
>burger platoon scatters and runs back
>granddad pulls .45 and says, "the next one of you fuckers runs by me without picking me up is getting a bullet in the ass
>gets picked up

His leg ended up having to be amputated at the thigh. Never spoke ill of Germans. Spent rest of productive life advocating for the VA--many such awards. Never was able to play with me or his 4 sons. Stayed zonked out on pain meds in a dark back bedroom. Died early death because so many surgeries.

Only the Jew won World War Two.
>>
>>132111501
The stories about American POW camps that housed Germans are funny as fuck. They didn't want to leave. They had dances for the Nazis.

In my city an Italian submarine surrendered and the guys moved in to get the fuck out of Europe.
>>
>>132116373
>USS Indianapolis
>In the first official statement, the Navy said that distress calls "were keyed by radio operators and possibly were actually transmitted" but that "no evidence has been developed that any distress message from the ship was received by any ship, aircraft or shore station." Declassified records later showed that three stations received the signals; however, none acted upon the call. One commander was drunk, another had ordered his men not to disturb him and a third thought it was a Japanese trap
Holy shit
>>
>>132116479
RedTails is a bunch of FUKKK! The niggers were always hundreds of miles from the combat. for instance, once the allieds cleared the skies in Africa or northern Italy they sent the nigger redtails there once the skies were clear of enemy planes. The White pilots fought all the battles and then they sent niggers in after it was safe. That's why no niggers got shot down....because the White pilots cleared the skies first before they trusted the niggers to fly in a combat zone.

Fukkkking Redtail nigger lies! It still amazes me that they were even able to teach a nigger how to fly in the first place!
>>
File: fireuptheol.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fireuptheol.png
4KB, 225x225px
Ya know i've seen a pattern which REALLY FIRES UP THE OLD NEURONS.

SEEMS THAT THE ACTUAL VETS THAT FOUGHT THESE (((EVIL))) NAZIS ACTUALLY HIGHLY RESPECTED AND LIKED THEM REALLY STRANGE SEEING AS THEY WERE ALL BLOOD THIRSTY KILLERS THAT GAS EVERY BABY IN SIGHT
>>
>>132113954
Another anecdote:
My father's father also used forced labor on the farm when his older brothers were already missing in the war and he was too young. At first, there was a Frenchman from a large city who had never worked on a farm before. He was sent away after one harvest full of complaints by him about the hard labor he had to do together with him. They all did the same work, ate the same food, he even slept in the bed of one of his brothers. Thereafter they got Ukrainians in the village who really enjoyed it there. The war was far away, they shared their hate for the Soviets and food was plentiful.
When one of the other prisoners/workers killed in an argument an old German farmer, the Ukrainian immediately realized they were in danger and killed the killer in retribution. He falsely claimed it happened in self-defense as a later told my grandfather. After the war, they didn't want to go back to the Soviet Union but were forced by the British. My grandfather had offered to employ him regularly since labor was short, but that was not allowed.
The traces of the guy are lost shortly after. His fear that he would be killed for working in Germany was probably right.
>>
>>132116838
British commonwealth vs American differences it seems then.

Probably because of America's short history. Bombardier was a historical artillery rank in the same vein as Grenadier.
>>
File: 1412557063656.webm (650KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
1412557063656.webm
650KB, 640x348px
>>132114694
>>132116170
>actually believing propaganda
>>
Two of my great grandfathers were killed in 1942 and one fought from the beginning and until the end of the war. He never told anything about the war though.
>>
File: 20170702_161742.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170702_161742.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>132110784
1/2
My great grandfather fought in the war, but deserted before Stalingrad. He had some funny stories:
During his training, he had guard duties at the barracks once. They told them to not let anyone through.
>Lieutenant arrives
>"Stop! Verify yourself"
>"Don't joke around with me, soldier"
>Great grandpa gives of a warning shot, but not in the air, but to the ground, next to the lieutenant.
>lieutenant jumps into a haystack
>Everyone comes to the barracks' main gate
>"WHAT ARE YOU DOING COMRADE"
>"But I was told to guard the gates"
>Everyone laughs
>Great grandpa laughs
Afterwards he got extra cleaning duties and greatly reduced food portions for a few days.
War story:
He worked as an occupier in the Eastern Front, but got wounded when the partisans attacked them in a forest. He survived, but got a bullet in his stomach.
He went to a Hungarian hospital, but the conditions were shitty (even though he was wounded, he had cleaning duties, etc.), so he complained at the boss of the hospital every day. The boss got tired eventually and said "THEN FUCK OFF TO GERMANY". A few days later he actually got transferred to a German hospital, where he got chocolate bars and cigarettes every day (he traded the cigarettes to other chocolate bars). When he got back to the Eastern front, his squad got transferred home already. The higher-ups wanted to send him to Stalingrad, so he came up with his great escape. He used his money to buy food, perfumes and hundreds of photos from a German military photographer (the kind of photos that were censored at home, he said the were pictures of piles of dead soviet soldiers and crushed people on tank tracks). He got on the train that was taking the wounded soldiers back to Budapest and hidden in one of the wagons. He arrived to the railways station and the workers were kind enough to get him out of there among the suitcases.
He got home and met with his brother at the train station.
>>
My grandfather was a junior officer in the merchant navy. Was on a few British ships, a US one, and a Danish one. Went all around the world trying to avoid u boats and the Japanese air force. The ships often didn't have escorts and if a ship in the convoy was hit they couldn't stop and could just throw some ropes down the side. Always had great stories and wrote his entire life out but my grandmother who hated him talking about the war, threw it all out when he died. At least I got his medals.
>>
>>132114327
Fuck the recent desert wars. So many soldiers dead or broken because of pussy ROEs. The US did not learn shit from Vietnam.

That and richest military in the world, and we couldn't send soldier in with proper body or vehicle armour, and had families paying to send armour to their kids.
>>
>>132110784
>Be grandfather in yugoslavia, sancak, a muslim
>join SS division Handschar cause pesky almans fought on our side 25 years ago
>witness execution of civilians
>thisshitaintforme.jpg
>desert waffen SS
>join partisan force

> be in forest with squadmates
>find german
>convince squadmates not to kill him
>capture him
>get lost in the forest
>almost starve
>little german guy was some sort of hitler youth boyscout or whatever in the past, knows what to eat and not
>become bros with german guy, share cigs
>unit of the german guy comes looking for him
>nowwhehavetohide.jpg
>squadmates blame granddad, say he refused to kill german and now they all have to die
>feelguilty.jpg
>german unit finds squad
>granddad knows its his fault, bayonettcharges right into the german unit so his mates can flee
>shotintheleg.png
>mfw germans cant even aim straight
>they leave granddad lying there
>wake up in the middle of the night
>other partisan squad finds granddad
>he joins their operation
>doesnt say he was shot in the leg
>long story short, leg gets infected, squadmate sees it, drags him to lazaret in town
>granddad runs away from lazaret, says he doesnt want to be a coward anymore
>finds friends, they trick him into coming with him, get him drunk
>wakes up next day, lying in a field hospital
>where'smyleg?.jpg
>they amputed his leg
>get send home

>years pass, war ends
>communism arrives, get nice artificial limb
>ironically it is from germany
>>
>>132117568
>He never told anything about the war though
Would you tell your grandkids about the cruel warcrimes you did, the endless rapings and pillaging. I hope he is/was ashamed of what he did.
>>
>>132117734
Pretty sure those were the best parts, Hans. Some people just dislike war in general. Stress and stuff.
>>
>>132110784
They were too young or too old to be part of the war

My great grand parent was mobilized in the french army in 1940 but demobilized after that so he took care of his son for the rest of the war
>>
>>132117562
>actually believing propaganda
T.Communist
>>
>>132117918
In WW1, when Russia mobilized, it had 6 million soldiers and 4 million rifles. That's where the myth the situation was the same during WW2 comes from.
>>
>>132112496
>invade russia and then fight poorly
>blame russians for your own cowardice
>>
>>132117060

This is sad :(
>>
>>132117734
Aslo
>ashamed
Youк people wanted russians as slaves. You chose the rules in that game. Were it ancient times all german people would be forced to march to Siberia as our slaves while we'd settle in your lands. Makes me especially angry seeing how you give them away for free to muslims anyway. What the fuck make them fight for it at least.
>>
>>132117271
It was fucked from the get go. Top secret mission, no trails. They were suppose to deliver the bombs and go, they did. But since the navy didn't technically know the Indy was even gone. All calls seemed fake. The captain was court martialed for not following SOP. Was suppose to zig zag, make it hard for subs. But he wanted to get home asap knowing they were on their own. I only knee my uncle was on it, because every time we would all go on vacation to the beach, lake, hotel pools and the like, I would try and get him to float or raft with me (really cool guy) he would just smile and say he couldn't. So I asked my aunt and got the story. He never talked about it, but I never bugged him about it either.
>>
>>132112985
>LSSAH

Your great-grandfather was an officer in one of the most elite German divisions of the war. Awesome that you are proud.
>>
>>132110784
My great grandfather brought home a Prussian helmet from the war
>>
>>132118108
I wouldn't call the capture of about 3 million POWs during the first 2 months of the campaign cowardice on the German side. Rather complete disarray and "caught in the act of deployment" on the Soviet side.
>>
>>132118165
hitler and his regime wanted russians as slaves but not normal soldiers and helpless kids and women you raped, killed and pillaged.
>>
File: rising-storm BANZAI.jpg (230KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
rising-storm BANZAI.jpg
230KB, 580x300px
My fathers uncle was a demolition expert in the Marine Raiders.
Basically a special forces unit in the pacific theatre that would infiltrate Japanese strongholds, take vital objectives and either hold position for back up or destroy/capture shit and bug out on rubber boats.
I dont have much information, my dad never talked to him much but my granddad tells me he served all through out the war until the bombs were dropped.
>>
>>132118420
>kill 20 mil. Soviet civvies
>bloo bloo that the shoe is on the other foot
Cry harder, bitch kraut.
>>
>>132110784
Welsh, hated the French, didn't mind there germans. He would talk about the fun times, if there were any. Things like having a spitfire accidently run over his sten gun, and getting chewed out for thay. Accidently setting his tent on fire. He would very rare speak about battles, but he did land and survive Hornady, fought to Germany, then got shipped to Asia to rebuild airfields that were destroyed. He bayonetted a man to deatg, and on dday, he said the scariest thing was getting from the destroyer to the landing boat. They water was so choppy because of the weather and the gunfire that men would get crushed to death. Also, the Americans were shelling the British landing zones, so it was a nightmare
>>
File: nazi happy.png (2MB, 1006x1204px) Image search: [Google]
nazi happy.png
2MB, 1006x1204px
>>132110784
>be me
>edgy man, hates kikes
>try to redpill my great grandad about jews and nazis
>finally screamed "you fucking fought for the enemy! the nazis were doing humanity a favor
>knocked the fuck out by army first sarg great grandad
>wake up outside with a busted noise and cheekbone
>fuckthathurtslikeass.rar
>go back in and tell him he fucking hit the good guy. let the kikes burn
>chased out
>never saw him again
>went to funeral and gave a speech how he fought for the wrong side and we should have stood side by side with nazis in ridding jews and faggots
>dad beat my ass at funeral
>bustedjawandlaceratedscalp.exe
>family hates me
>i voted trump hoping hes hitler2.0
>>
>>132110784
My grandfather would shoot down planes during the battle of Britain.
>>
I have several stories:

My great-grandfather was part of the civil resistance. He and several of his colleagues hid the local "jewish" (They were integrated and had mostly converted) workers from the police. The local SS (including his uncle) was in on it and supported them inofficially (warning them of police raids, declaring the german members of the group of-limits). That uncle of his later ended up being shot by a comrade who mistook him for a russian.

one of my other great-grandfathers was the boss of a local train station and ended upvolunteering to drive a supplies train to kiew when the military traindrivers deserted. He drove for three days and two nights because they couldn't find a driver to replace him, then "drowned" while washing himself in a river. Since he was a lifeguard, nobody in the family believes that story - rumour is that he was killed by partisans even though unarmed and not uniformed.

And a story I heard from one of my teachers in school:
When the americans took his town, they offered chocolate to the small children and asked them to sing the Horst-Wessel-Lied (Hymn of the NSDAP). When the first began to sing, the GIs opened fire, killing most of them. They later claimed to have rightfully executed them for being members of the Werwolf. While I do not know if this specific story is true, I have heard many similiar ones since then - they all have in common that the GIs offer chocolate to children for singing nazi songs, then use those songs as proof that they are members of the resistance and execute them.
>>
File: 1345412172866.gif (487KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1345412172866.gif
487KB, 240x176px
>>132118670
>>
>>132110784
my grandma was a kid during the war, she told me that her father was active member of the AK. She also told me the sotry how she found two jewish women on the hidding in the attic, she imiditely run to her mother and told her about it. Long story short she get beating beacuse her parents were afriad that she could tell someone by accident
>>
>>132118420
>>132118420
Please. Your whole nation went full nazi. No need to deny it, totalitarian propaganda does it to any people, not just germans. German people were cool with it in 1933 and fought for Hitler until the bitter end.
>>
>>132115783
$278.11 for one cigarette today. Fuck.
>>
>>132116513
>stories of civilians being deliberately strafed by German fighters and bombers, even women pushing prams
and ofc there's what those ebil germans did to the jews, m8!

>what is atrocity propaganda
>>
File: 1496776851902.jpg (45KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1496776851902.jpg
45KB, 511x428px
>>132118204
It's not 100% but very possible. I found his name with his 2nd christian name, which I never knew, on a roster for the "LAH". Asked one of my older aunts about granpa having 2nd name "Walter": "yup" she said ... another bit of confirmation.
Later found his name again on a promotion list microfilm facsimile of "LAH" from 1944.
I even submitted a request at the reference office for wartime service (the successor of WASt.) but received no answer about where he served and which rank etc.
You probably have to be direct relative (son/daughter/sibling) or widow or a historian to be recognised as a valid requester.
>>
ITT: stories of degen boomer traitor scum, krauts and faggot burger goy slaves alike.
>>
>>132117514
It's not a rank it's just a position in the flightcrew no different from pilot or navigator.
>>
>>132118740
Don't doubt it, the "allies" were responsible for far more civilian deaths than the NSDP. Japs fucked the chinks in a horrific way tho. But they have bad blood going back and forth while we honestly were still fucking around in caves. Thank God for geography.
>>
>>132118670
How To Win Friends and Influence People
>>
>>132117584
>fug, I've fucked up the photo
2/2
So he met with his brother at the station who was about to enlist. he told him not to go, since the Front collapsed at Stalingrad, and we might even lose the war at his rate. He didn't listen and got on the train. this was the last time they've seen each other, his brother is MIA.
For the rest of the war, he worked at the local plane factory. He was about to leave then suddenly started yelling "liberators! Liberators! The fucking yanks are coming!"
a few minutes later people started to hear the bombers, air raid sirens and the whistling bombs. He was too far from the Air raid shelter, so he ran out to the fields and laid there until the bombing ended. the ground was sandy, so the bombs sunk in a bit and exploded underground. When the bombing ended and he looked up, he saw human remains hanging from the trees.
During the end of the war, the Front reached the town where he lived. His father went out to the garden to get water from the well, and an artillery exploded right in front of him. His body was filled with sparhelt, but he survived. They took him to the military camp, on the other side of the river, asking for help, but the medic told them to take him back, so he can say farewells to the family. When they reached the other side of the river (again) his father died.
He married to his bride on the day before the Russians arrived. During the wedding night they had to hide his wife under the mattress, fearing the Russians would come in and rape her. The Russians actually came, drunk and asked my grandfather to give him a women, or tell them where to find some.
After the war, the secret police interrogated (means: tortured) him, since his wife's brother (who died in the war) was an Arrow Cross Party member. He went with him to a party meeting once, and one faggot told this to the commies.
He never really talked about the torture, but once told me that he lost three of his teeth that day.
>>
Not grandfather but father (me old)
Volunteered and served as front line infantry in the paratroop regiment. Never said much but one night after drinking with other old soldiers a discussion about guns came up. Dad talked about how he got lucky and was issued with a Thompson that he kept until he couldn't get the ammunition any more. Much more reliable and robust than the early Sten Guns and once you got used to the recoil chewed the fuck out of Germans. Used a captured German MP40 for a while and the later model Sten as well as an MG42 when on jeep patrols.
Old photos always show him with a pack of grenades as well.
Did his service, met a girl on leave, asked to meet her parents, dated, got engaged, got married and had five kids.
Fucking hell I was spoiled having a dad like him. Miss him every day.
>>
My grandfather was a mine sweeper stationed at gallipoli. Right near the end of the war, he ended up in a situation where you have a 50/50 of choosing the right square... he didnt make it, he would of had the high score as well
>>
File: 1488299620149.jpg (41KB, 570x396px) Image search: [Google]
1488299620149.jpg
41KB, 570x396px
>>132118299
>>
>>132119187
>served in WW2
>boomer

You do know what a boomer is, right?
>>
>>132118969
>Please. Your whole nation went full nazi.
thats what the brainwashed Ivan believe, you fell to soviet propaganda. The normal citizen didnt gave a fuck about muh race.

> German people were cool with it in 1933 and fought for Hitler until the bitter end.
they didnt fought for hitler, they fought for germany and their family, they tried till the end to defend their women and kids from soviet hordes.
>>
>>132118876
oh and my grandad was almost shot by some son of a bitch ss-man after he tried to climb on german amfibia when he was 4. Some random austrian soldier save his ass by giving him a kick in the ass, that greatly increased his traveling speed away from ss-man
>>
>>132119251
>e his wife under the mattress
Fuck. Next time we check mattresses too!
>>
>>132114128
What's with Brits and Burgers fight? My uncle was a kid back then said both burgers and yellow teach used to fight with each other till on ground.
>>
File: 1437799642086.jpg (20KB, 240x211px) Image search: [Google]
1437799642086.jpg
20KB, 240x211px
>Mom's dad was in the Navy during WW2, Korea, and Vietnam
>Non-combat role
>Retired as an officer

>Dad's dad
>Too young for WW2
>Went from K-12 without missing a single day of school
>Raised by a single mother in Brooklyn
>Joined the Marines
>Graduated top of his class in tank school
>Went to Korea and Vietnam
>After tour was finished in Vietnam, volunteered for another tour
>Sent home a Vietcong helmet with a bullet hole in it
>Retired as an E-9 Sgt. Major
>Died at age 85

And here I am, only a fraction of a man compared to him
>>
>>132119326

Whatever, "greatest degeneration" fuck you, you know what I meant you traitorous jew-serving scum.
>>
>>132119045
No, that's just nature of total war. Giulio Douhet was a humanitarian that hated civvies suffering during wartime. This made his conclusion that it's justifiable to use air power against civilians a bit weird.
>>
>>132118969
>sitting in the glasshouse
>throwing stones
Please. Your whole nation went full Bolshevic. Ne need to deny it, totalitarian propaganda does it to any people, not just Russians. Russian people were cool with it in 1922 and fought for Stalin until the bitter end.
>>
>>132110784
He only told me once when I was young, but here goes.
>Joined the air force because he wanted to. His current job was being a milk man.
>Found to be too "reckless" to be a pilot.
>Became a bomber crewman instead.
>Did a lot of bombing.
>During a bombing run they were attacked, watched his gunner friend get turned into meat soup.
>They were shot down but landed somewhat safely.
>They hid in a house but some civilians reported them.
>He spent 2 years in a POW camp.
>He had a Germanic last name.
>All he had to say about that was "The Germans are not nice people."
>Went on to be a colonel in the Korean war.
>>
>>132113911
See, thats why nobody likes you Russia. You rape and act uncivilized.
>>
>>132119494
>And here I am, only a fraction of a man compared to him

You would like to fight kike wars? Seems to me you could be a bonafide retard, your burger goy slaves have been doing Israel's bidding in the middle east for past 2 decades.

I'm sure you've heard about it, it was on TV last night "The Big War against Bad People in the Desert Threatening Our Greatest Ally"

You should look into it, enlist, and die like a hero, as a proud goy fodder, I mean solider of Israel's vassal state.
>>
>>132119571
What's wrong with going full Bolshevik, though?
>>
One grandad joined the RAF, flew in Normandy and the europe campaign and finished up 5 years after the war in West Berlin flying patrols.

My nan who was an Nurse during the blitz

My other grandad was part of the merchant fleet

My great grandad served in Spain for Franco as a bike courier.
>>
Actually, it was my grand-grandfather. He managed to escape burning tank 3 times. Shitty soviet tanks блядь пиpoмaнгaлы eбaныe.
>>
>>132115129
Was he in Chakulia airbase?
>>
>This thread

Really looking forward to the next war so we can all play poker in the next war prison
>>
>>132119346
>defend their women and kids from soviet hordes
I wonder why. Maybe because soviets wanted revenge for what german soldiers did to our civilians, believing in their racial superiority and close victory? your Wehrmacht literally declared that laws of war regarding civvies do not apply at East-front.
>>
>>132111466
I don't know.
>>
>grandfather was with 17 in the anti tank infantry
>get positioned to a new base
>all of the best new military equipment
>not a single ammonition delivery
They had to surrender peacefully to incoming US forces and he said he got his butt kicked into democracy
>>
>>132119709
I didn't say any of the wars were great or justified you retard, just war or not I'm still a fraction of the man he was.

Back in the day, Marines had more loyalty to each other than anything else. It was, and still is, like a brotherhood. Since he came from a broken family it's probably what kept him enlisted the whole time. He could've been anything he wanted.
>>
>>132119889
Playing poker with German guards and exchanging war banter seems quite comfy tbqh
>>
My Grandfather was in the royal navy guarding convoys as they went across the atlantic, he went to canada a bunch and banged a whole load of canadian women, didn't tell anyone about it for years married my grandmother shortly after the war ended and forgot about it, until one day one of these canadian guys contacts him and says that he's his grandad got a DNA test to prove it, grandad fessed up to his war time romps and we went about tracking down all the women he's banged. long story short i have about a dozen canadian half cousins i didn't know about for ages. his brother was also in the navy but didn't make it through the war (and didn't have any canadian children to our knowledge) his other brother died in north africa, on my families other side my grandfather got his eye fucked up at the start of the war so he trained as a mechanic and was ground crew in the RAF.

navy grandad always tells us a story of how they would put inedible bits of meat on fishing hooks and through it into the air, a seagull would come down and try and eat it and you could fly them like a kite.
>>
>>132119127
LAH can really only mean 1st ss panzer so im 99% sure you're right.
>>
>>132112650
t. Wanker that wants more coal mine slaves
>>
>>132119571
Wy do not deny it though)))) Nobody is embarrassed about Bolshevism here apart form libcuks. It's actually funny, our ((liberals)) blame Russians for what ((bolsheviks)) did to Russians. Oy vey.
>>
>>132119727
What's wrong with going full NatSoc, though?
>>
>>132120029
Exactly (if you are lucky)
>>
>>132119861
They were actually some of the best in the war. Your grangran got lucky, though, since isolating the ammo compartment wasn't a thing at the time.
>>
File: IMG_3281.jpg (12KB, 344x145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3281.jpg
12KB, 344x145px
>>132120118
>>
File: feelturbator.jpg (88KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
feelturbator.jpg
88KB, 650x842px
>>132119482
Bonus info: Her wife didn't even know how babies are made when she had her first time with him. The family was devout Catholics, so sex was a taboo. Before giving birth, the family gave her a quick rundown about how babies are made. Good thing she wasn't raped that day, she'd have committed suicide.
>Ivan and co almost turned this into a fucked up, real-life netorare story.
>>
>>132110784
Whenever I asked my grandparents about the war they got really sad and quiet.

I later found a picture of a family member in SS uniform, no idea who it was exactly though and the people who knew are no longer alive.
Might have something to do with it, he probably died on the eastern front and my grandparents might secretly have felt the wrong side won the war.
>>
>>132120308
Topkek madjar.
>>
Opa was a pionier, enlisted day of Polish invasion. Garrisoned in France after they got btfo and sent to Russia in 1941. Spent 4 years and thousands of bullets there. Killed at least 10 men. Often got sent out on scouting missions deep behind Soviet lines. Got the iron cross, hopped over the oder in 45 and captured by Canadians in northern Germany. Spent 9 months as a POW before the leafs cut him and his friends loose in the middle of a fucking field in belgium. Went home and stayed until 56 when he moved here
>>
>>132118740
I remember reading in Out of the Night there was a parody written by German communists. They don't teach in school here about how serious the struggle against the reds was in Germany in the 20's and 30's.
>>
>>132119954
>Maybe because soviets wanted revenge for what german soldiers did to our civilians
russian civilians welcomed german soldiers who freed them from bolshevistic terror.

>your Wehrmacht literally declared that laws of war regarding civvies do not apply at East-front.
more soviet lies, stalin was the one who justified the rapings and pillaging of his "soldiers" with the argument that they had such a long journey without their women.
>>
grampa rape a lot of women and beat up a lot of german boys that act tough before. he see many family and friends get killl and tortture by germans so he revenge. good fun he always says. fuck nazi scum.
>>
File: 10235869.png (161KB, 604x954px) Image search: [Google]
10235869.png
161KB, 604x954px
>>132120136
>Your "economic recovery" was a massive rearmament program that intended to start a massive war, funded by banks with ties to jewish money
>Could not stop declaring wars on countries
>"Privatization" comes from "reprivatization" which was a term made up by The Economist when they took a look at Nazi economic policy
>>
>>132110784
My grandfather got captured by the Japs in Indonesia. He never stopped hating those little yellow cunts.
>>
France isn't very well represented...

Grandad was born in 1926. He was living by the countryside and knew how to shoot a hunting rifle. One night in 1943, he overheard a German motorcycle with a friend, and they shot the 2 Germans riding it dead. They hid everything, but someone in my family stole what remained of it.

In 1944, he engaged ib the French Foreign Legion as they were liberating France from the south.
He participated in the campagn of Alsace and almost got killed by an MG42 as he was fighting there.

I heard when the French Free forces discovered many of the Germans protecting Alsace were in fact French, they shot the prisoners, which is a war crime. I speculate but maybe my grandad committed war crime.

He then occupied Germany and fugged some German qts according to my father. Almost enrolled in the Indochine war, but he met my grandmother and got married instead.

Died 1986 due to shampoo he used that contained concrete.

Never met him. Feels bad.
>>
Great-grandfather died for the wrong side in the Mediterranean. Grandad still has the sailor's photo and letter from him to my great-grandmother.
>>
>>132110784
My grandfather was a radio man in a B-17 ( for those who don't know they were called flying fortresses because of how huge they were). On his last bombing mission, can't remember where maybe Hungry. Plane is hit so they have to jump out. Dude in the ball gun is trapped so he has to manually crank it to get they guy out as the plane is falling out of the sky. They jump out. See huge rings of light on the ground, realize it's the natives capturing all the people jumping out. Says they would have killed him if the Germans didn't stop them. Is captured. Has to eat kill a cat and eat it raw because of how hungry he was. One day all the prison guards are panicking and trying to leave in a hurry. Don't know what's going on. Then fuckig Patton roles in with tanks and shit. Chews out all the POWs for getting captured.
>>
>>132120545
VOC autismos didn't even do shit to protect their colonies, tried to declare themselves neutral and surrendered after less than a week.
>>
>>132120531
blaming the victim for the murder
also falling for jewish lies
communists are really the best goyim
>>
File: yoba-in-kharkov.jpg (53KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
yoba-in-kharkov.jpg
53KB, 550x413px
>>132112496
>>132113701
Such coolstories make me all warm and cozy inside.
>>
My grandmother's brother spoke fluent Italian so he was sent by the US Army to be an interpreter or maybe even a spy in Italy in WW2. He died mysteriously and was immediately buried in Italy without an investigation. His body was eventually recovered and returned home but no one knows what really happened. There was always talk that he was poisoned.

Who knows, it might not even be his body we were given.
>>
File: 1426102642643.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1426102642643.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>132120556
>Died in 1986 due to shampoo he used that contained concrete

what
>>
>>132110784
>on leave in some pacific rim shithole country
>get hammered on local grog and get tattooed before it was trendy by some shade of inbred chink wielding a disease-riddled needle
>50 years later show your tattoos to your teenage grandson
>point out that they look like trash and that only an idiot with one foot in the grave would want to get inked
>20 years later and I'm one of the only people I know without a tattoo
>>
>>132110784
The truth is WW2 was a mass psy op to test pre industrial VR magi tech.

The rest...
>>
>>132120458
>russian civilians welcomed german soldiers who freed them from bolshevistic terror.
It might be partially true. Yet you have killed millions of them in the end for resistance when they realized you came to rob and enslave.
>stalin was the one who justified the rapings
Stalin actually ordered to stop doing that you know. It was documented.
>>
It's been a while since I last thought about it but my great uncle was in the navy and took a picture of a plane or a shell hitting his carrier deck as the explosion happened.
>>
>>132120556
Also my grandad had a great respect for the Germans that fought against the Soviets.
I was told that he used to spent hours in his bathtub reading books about the Wehrmacht on the eastern front.

We still have his books, we I was a teenager I used to read them and think of these German soldiers that fought so that we didn't have to endure communism.

I think my nazi-leaning ideas date back to that period.
>>
>>132120801

My sides, I can literally see and hear the guy in that pic being puzzled as fuck at that commen
>>
File: Proud.jpg (18KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
Proud.jpg
18KB, 220x331px
>>132110784
He went into the Yugoslav partisans and he served as infantry
The standard weapon at the time was a ppsh.
He complained about it jamming all the time
He got caught by the germans
He escaped by breaking the flimsy handcuffs
He never bragged about it.
And on another note the partisans were partially starved to increase combat ferocity
>>
>>132110784
my great grandparent died in Odessa his father died in WW1 at Marasesti my granparents told me stories about how nice were germans giving my little grandad a horse ride and they did buy anything they took unlike russians
>>
File: 1347136577285.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1347136577285.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
>>132120736
>we wuz victims n shieeet
Of course you were. Nevermind that most of Europe were Nazi collaborationists

>German allies: Italy, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungray, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Finland, Japan
>bigger German collaborationists than opponents: Denmark, Netherlands, Yugoslavia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal
>Trade partners: Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal
>massive pro-German sentiment in all the colonies and the Middle East
>lose to USSR, which everybody despises and wasn't even allowed in League of nations
>>
>>132112496
This faggot, complaining about the Great Enrichment...

German whores would throw themselves onto Russian men for a piece of bread. It was the Mongols who wouldn't get any, so they would resort to rape.
>>
My grandpa was about 7 when war started. He mostly remember fleeing from ukrainians that massacred everyone in their path.
Once they woke up and noticed some paper sticked to house door's. UPA scum wrote "gtfo or we will kill you". The next day he and his family fled from this house.

He told me that for about 2 years they slept in a barn, never in the house because they were so afraid of Ukrainians.

He told me he starved for about 10 years.

He told me they were so hungry that his sister tried to cook old shoe's sole just to eat something.

He told me that you could bargain with russian trooper but never come too close to the german ones. They were outright killers.

But he told me too that once he was so hungry that he came to german soldiers that eat something and they gave him some soup.

He told me that some ukrainian old guy killed two jew teens, a brother and sister just because they were jews.

He told me that one day his uncle came to him and said: come. I'll show you your father. His father lied on the field. Dead. Ukrainians killed him because he was soldier in 1939.

He told me that german soldiers were way well equipped that russians.

My grandma was about 7 too when the war started.

She told me that once russian soldiers came to her mother's house and were so hungry, that they tried to eat soap because it smelled nice and they did't know what it is.

She told me that when german soldier talked to her she had always covered her mouth with her hand because she was afraid he will knock out her teeth.

She is always pity for russian privates, "so poor, so hungry boys" she said even if her odler sister had to hide in the wooden chest before drunk russians.
>>
>>132110784
One of my grandads was some sort of engineer, he was involved in constructing the first industrial computers (not designing, just constructing them on site). They where huge mechanical things in the 40's and 50's.

Anyway, in WW2 he repaired tanks and vehicles. One of his jobs was to lead small salvage teams to find working parts on destroyed tanks for spare parts.

On one occasion he bumped in to a German team doing exactly the same thing. Apparently the two teams stared at each other for a few minutes at a distance, then ran like fuck away. They were worried the other team had a radio to tell their position. Given that both teams successfully ran away, he didn't have a radio and seemingly neither did they.

Theirs other stories, usually waffle about the best equipment of WW2. He loved the panzer 5 Panther, apparently they were the best thing ever, ever!
>>
>>132120801
Well he had a very strong shampoo due to the poor quality of his hair and I guess it was poisoned. They forbade the selling of this shampoo shortly after.
That's what my dad told me.
>>
File: Navy_Cross.png (343KB, 408x859px) Image search: [Google]
Navy_Cross.png
343KB, 408x859px
>>132110784
Sorry this is Vietnam, but a story worth telling.

>Home on leave from the Marines.
>Father brings me to his best friend's house who was a decorated Vietnam Vet.
>Grew up seeing this guy and his "Thousand Yard Stare." Didn't know much about him.
>Dying of Lukemia, he told me the story about he got his Navy Cross. (2nd highest Medal issued in the US. Only Medal of Honor is higher.)
>Was a Recon Marine in charge of a squad just south of N. Vietnam border.
>Heard snoring. Slowly investigated.
>Found entire VietCong Regiment at night sleeping (approx 5000 men) that had been terrorizing US forces.
>They were sleeping in one long set of parallel lines.
>Set up machine gun on one end.
>Went down the line slitting every other throat. He and one of the members of his squad did this alone.
>Regrouped at machine gun nest. All started firing.
>Element of surprise killed many.
>Remaining crossed the rived that divided N and S Vietnam.
>In the meantime, they called in Air Support from B-52's. But they said they could not bomb on N. Vietnam.
>No matter, a couple of B-52's swung through and finished off the remaining regiment.
>He said that all that was left were body parts and blood.

Went back to my duty station in Cali and never saw him again. Died of exposure to Agent Orange.
>>
>>132120545
kek, you still butthurt after we helped the Indonesians get their independence?
>>
>>132120885
>Yet you have killed millions of them in the end for resistance when they realized you came to rob and enslave.

what you are calling civilians were partisans which broke international war laws them selfes so the wehrmacht were not bond to treat them as POWs.

>Stalin actually ordered to stop doing that you know. It was documented.
more lies, he said he understands the behaivor of his troops.
>>
>>132121201
the ussr wouldn't even been able to feed it's people for a year during the war without us aid
>>
Great grandfather was Marine Infantry in WWII. Later enlisted in Army. Career military man.
>>
File: Medivac.png (234KB, 487x424px) Image search: [Google]
Medivac.png
234KB, 487x424px
>>132113174
?
>>
All I know about my family and the war is my great grandfather on my father's mother's side was an RAF pilot and that he survived the war.
I believe he either died a year or two before I was born, or a year or two after - but I don't remember which.
Never been told any tales of his exploits, no idea what branch of RAF piloting he was in (fighter/bomber). Just that he was an RAF pilot.
>>
>>132121412
>helped the Indonesians get their independence

As if you wouldn't have kept it for yourselves.
>>
File: 1344712827790.jpg (24KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1344712827790.jpg
24KB, 240x250px
>>132121522
>>
>>132121309
It's funny how old men are obsessed with the equipment used in the war moreso than the politics.

My neighbour always used to draw me pictures of Wellington bombers (he was a tail gunner which was supposedly the worst place to be).
>>
>>132120885
toothless order, the German punishment for raping civilians was death by hanging. Also Russians had no choice to to fight the Germans, they could stay and starve to death after their farms had been burned or retreat with the Soviet forces and do as they command.
>>
>>132110784
One side of my family ere doing shit to run the economy
The other side my grandfahrer un east prussia and he was really rich and had many farms gave refugee to over 1000 jews but then gave them away to the stae for a lot of money hahahaha
Fuck jews man
>>
My grandfather was in the artillery and got PTSD from reports of friendly fire. Also came back alcoholic.
>>
>>132121412
>helped the Indonesians get their independence?

m8 you colonised them like we did, only less civil.
>>
>>132118670
nice copy pasta
>>
>>132110784
My paternal grandfather ran supplies. He was too young to drive but still spent his days driving trucks. My maternal grandfather lost his father at 16 from a wound that never healed in WW1 and was left with a big farm to run alone during WW2. A great uncle worked for Mosley but both sides of the family supported him.

As for WW1 I had family on both sides. One of my nans older brothers (there was a 20 year gap) was shot down supposedly by the red baron and following capture settled in Germany. Another one of her brothers died on the titanic.
>>
>>132121631
Then how come we formed an army of Indonesians during the occupation years?
How come we allowed the indonesians access to education?
How come 3000 men stayed there to fight against the dutch after the war?
How come Sukarno used the Japanese imperial calendar to sign the declaration of independence?
>>
File: Wartburg_311_(1963)_02.jpg (120KB, 1024x528px) Image search: [Google]
Wartburg_311_(1963)_02.jpg
120KB, 1024x528px
>>132120103
LAH can mean a shitload of things. 1st SS PzRgt. was just the armoured spearhead.
During the French campaign 1940 LAH was but a reinforced motorised infantry regiment.
OK, another anecdotal thing my older aunt told me was, that grandpa used to be -- for a short time, I assume -- in the "Führerbegleitkommando" (i.e. either the Leibstandarte protection squad for Hitler OR the honorary escort giving for distinguished service or similar).
Another anecdote is post war. They had a good ol' Wartburg 311 (pic related) which broke down during vacation trip, and grandma said to her daughters "no prob, father did ride bicycle in the war, he'll fix this in no time."
Therefore my assumption: he most likely was lieutenant (Ostuf.) in a "Kradmelder" or recon squad. The promotion list ranks him in the SS-Pz.Art.Rgt 1, which means that he might have also dealt with StuGs 'n sheeit.
>>
>>132120308
kek ... nice, another rare Wojak for the collection
>>
>>132122001
Doesn't mean shit, the germans did the same in the areas the occupied.
>>
>>132121736
And next thing you'll tell me is nobody was hanged through ww2 because no rapes ever happened. Riiight.
>>132121513
>partisans
bretty sure burning whole villages with people is a war-crime, partisan supporters or not. When they did it they knew what the payback would be.
>>132121265
Being a civilian sure is tough in war. Sad.
>>
Actually my great-grandfather on my mother's side:
Before the war he was a Chinese artist. Because he was good at calligraphy, the Japanese picked him up as a scribe/translator during the war. I never met him, so that's all I know.

Grandfather on my dad's side:
Joined the US Army and became an MP. Both he and his friend hated being MP's stateside, and one night they got drunk and began yelling at the CO's stateroom(? I don't know what they're called in the Army) and, as he tells it, they woke up the next morning headed to Airborne school.
He was rejected from Airborne because he had flat feet and finally became a medic. His first rotation was stateside, and by the time he rotated to Europe, the war was over.
After the war his wife wouldn't let him accept an invite from his old CO to go to medical school, so instead he spent the rest of his life drinking, working construction, and yelling at hippies.

My great uncle on my father's mother's side landed at Normandy, and that's all we know.
>>
>>132121913
>m8 you colonised them like we did, only less civil.
You dutch treated the people there like cattle. We let indonesians hold political positions, trained the men there to fight, and liberated the prisoners.
>>
>>132122001
Same reason you set up the Manchukuo and Mengkukuo puppet states: to score legitimacy points in the eyes of the rest of the world while you were raping them.
>>
File: IMG_1764.jpg (38KB, 278x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1764.jpg
38KB, 278x480px
My grandpa here, im sure i have a few more pictures somewhere.

Served in the U.S Army and fought in the push through France, served in the battle of the bulge and the Liberation of Paris under the 3rd of George Patton
>>
File: Malta ww2 luqa airfield.jpg (125KB, 1200x462px) Image search: [Google]
Malta ww2 luqa airfield.jpg
125KB, 1200x462px
>>132110784

My great grandfather served in the RAF refueling and repairing aircraft in malta.Also when churchill and stalin had their meeting in 1945 he was on guard duty.He had respect for the germans,but thought the italians where a joke.

And my great uncle served as a infantryman in north africa fighting rommel.The way he died was pretty retarded tho,he walked into a minefield for a dare even though they were told to not go in and it was clearly signed.It was such a waste desu
>>
>>132122419
Hope he rekt some french and dutch twats.
>>
>>132122001
>Then how come we formed an army of Indonesians during the occupation years?
Some Indonesians were a little tired of us..
>How come we allowed the indonesians access to education?
So did the Dutch. Also, why would you be giving them education, if you didn't colonise them?
>How come 3000 men stayed there to fight against the dutch after the war?
Good question.. Why leave an occupational force if you weren't occupying the territory?
>How come Sukarno used the Japanese imperial calendar to sign the declaration of independence?
He was a clever politician, and a despot. He was also the one who 'unified' Indonesia after the war.. By which I mean he colonised the Malaku and Papua islands.
>>
>>132122419
(Transfered btw between 4th and 3rd)
Dont know why desu
>>
>>132110784
Grandad headteacher by day and firefighter by night.

Grand uncle 1 trained Canadian navigators and was lead navigator of a Lancaster bomber squadron. Would bomb the shit out of Germans until he died one night.

Granduncle 2 engineer in Navy. Boat got torpedo'd dead now.
>>
File: 1493505821946.png (544KB, 948x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493505821946.png
544KB, 948x960px
>>132122319
>need new cannon fodder
>release prisoners and conscript them and locals
>give indos devolved political power to excuse the fact you will end up dumping them in the shit
>>
>>132122371
>while you were raping them
Sure thing Mao.
We raped them so hard that the Indonesians fought along side with the other Japanese soldiers during the war for independence, buried the dead in their national grave for the war dead, and used the imperial calendar system for their declaration of independence. Hmmm.
>>
>>132122653
>Indonesians
>conscripted to the Japanese army
>bulgarian educashun
>>
>>132110784
Grandparents were too young to fight but both were in the army in the early 1950s.

Grandmother was nearly killed in German bombing raids (dug out of rubble from a hit on a shelter) and her father was killed in a bombing attack.
>>
>>132122681
>pay attention to this one place that doesn't despise us, gaijin
>>
>>132122319
>You dutch treated the people there like cattle.
No. We treated the people in the Indies like the people in the Indies.. We only dealt with their (local) leadership, and left their society and culture mostly intact. We were not like Brits that set out to turn half the world into Little Britain, we were only interested in the spice trade.
>We let indonesians hold political positions,
In the Japanese system. We never dismantled the Indonesian system, and instead just dealt with them via their own political system.
>trained the men there to fight, and liberated the prisoners.
You destroyed the cultures of the different islands and peoples in the Dutch Indies under the guise of 'liberation'.. The Japs first, and then after the war, the Americans.. Under the guise of 'decolonisation'.

Japs and Yanks tend to think Indonesia today is better of than it was under Dutch rule.. Something I somehow doubt, if you for instance look at a place like Bali: Arguably one of the richer and more developed parts of Indonesia. Yet they can't even manage to collect fucking trash on that small island, let alone have a functioning infrastructure in terms of roads, power and medical facilities.
>>
>>132116486
I saw a Lancaster fly overhead yesterday for Canada Day
>>
I also knew a guy who was a tank commander and they had to take a hill or something. There was a Tiger tank at the top which killed 5 british shermans before they reached it.
>>
>>132122555
>Why leave an occupational force if you weren't occupying the territory?
Because Japan lost and had their army disbanded after the war. The army stationed there were disarmed too and had to give away their weapons to the allies. Some refused that and gave it to the locals instead to help them out.
>>
>>132123036
>to help them out

Great help. Indonesia is currently the largest Muslims majority country in the world, which is rapidly turning more radical. The Hindu minorities are being opressed more and more, Atjeh has fullblown Sharia law, Christians are in fear of persecution or even death in increasing parts of Indonesia and lets not even get into the position of Papua and Malaku.

But at least they're now Asian dominated, amirite?

Strange to see a Jap take so much pride in what is arguably a disorganised society.
>>
>>132110784
One of my granmas was enslaved by so-called "liberators" in 1941. Had been in slavery for 4 years.

My other granma's sister lost her newborn baby during the German air strike.

One of my granpas and his fellows (military intelligence) captured two German officers. Cut one of those in halves with a two-handed saw to obtain a valuable info from the other.
>>
>>132115789
I am 27
>>
>>132123265
>Indonesia is currently the largest Muslims majority country in the world, which is rapidly turning more radical
Well who would have predicted that in the 1940's eh? Mudslimes didn't allahu akbar back then.
>>
Granddad - TEC-4 Phillipines. Witnessed the Battle of Leyte Gulf from a nearby mountainside. Was always reluctant to talk too much about the war.
His Brothers:
1. SGT European Theater - survived
2. US Navy Radioman - survived
3. Infantry PVT, KIA by a German sniper, Forbach, France March '45
>>
>>132123549
>Well who would have predicted that in the 1940's eh?
Maybe the people that ran a prosperous operation there for centuries. Perhaps..
>Mudslimes didn't allahu akbar back then.
What kind of fucking imbecile are you?
>>
>>132123770
Mudslimes blowing themselves up in the middle of a city/concert hall is a recent phenomenon.
>>
>>132124032

That's got more to do with the fact that explosives of that nature (and concert halls for that matter) are a relatively recent phenomenon. Muslims have been committing acts of terror literally since the days of Muhammad. It's more or less the foundation of their movement: Islam has always been spread by the sword.
>>
File: rzMOYrn.jpg (1MB, 3549x2717px) Image search: [Google]
rzMOYrn.jpg
1MB, 3549x2717px
>>132120430
My grandfather who was in the RCAF said that he'd have been friends with the Germans if they weren't fighting. That didn't stop him from lighting them up from the sky but he said they were nice.

We also were nice to our POWs
>>
>>132110784
Grandfather fought in Slovak Army with Germans against Soviets.
His brother died next to him when artillery landed next to them. Only his arm was found. Later he deserted and join partisans.

Commies tortured him after war because his name was german.
>>
>>132115969
>Maybe, but the allies needed excuses for bombing civilians
Are you joking? The British bombed at night. They weren't even pretending.

>>132116833
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Bomb
Germans would try to drop these at night on troop concentrations. If he was in North Africa, your grandfather spent a bunch of time digging holes in the desert and then sleeping in them. I know lots of guys have problems with flashbacks and bad memories, and 99% of them don't talk about combat like yours, but he probably slept like a baby once he got back to the UK after the Sahara.

>>132116373
>From that day on, he wouldn't even as so much get on a raft in a crystal clear pool.
I heard a story from a guy that they had "shifts" on troop ships, but when it was his turn to go back in they would turn around at the bottom of the stairs and fall in with the guys going back out on deck and spend the entire trip above board. Saved his life in this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Tiger when 2 ships were sunk by torpedoes just before D-Day.

I don't know if he went swimming again, but every time I'm out in the water I can't help thinking about what it'd like to have to listen to almost 1000 guys drowning and burning to death
>>
>>132118420
>helpless kids and women you raped, killed and pillaged
Stop crying you pussy. Reich soldiers did exactly the same thing back in 1941-1943.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.