[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What is /pol/'s opinion on musicians and their place in society?
>>
>>132051724
Music is literally haram
>>
They are the lowest of the low. Literal vermin. All they do is entertain others for a job, like actors. They embody subservience.
>>
music is dead, as in there was no major classics in over 100 years
>>
but dont worry when globalism dies culture will return
>>
>>132051724
Jimi Hendrix is the greatest prophet who ever lived, you people just don't realize it yet.
>>
File: feels morrisey.png (146KB, 861x960px) Image search: [Google]
feels morrisey.png
146KB, 861x960px
>>132051724
>>
>>132052646
>not understanding societal role BASED artists have always played.

Why do you think the money men target culture? It's fucking important thats' why! Gain control over that and you win to a large degree.
>>
>>132051724
I'm torn.
On one hand I think the music industry should be a meritocracy, but I'm also a capitalist and believe that if something sells, more power to you - with limits but I could go on all day about that. Let's just say I'm anti-globalist and leave it at that.
What does it matter though?
Some of them are good, most are garbage, and a few will live forever, fondly in our collective memory.
But I'm certainly not fashy or commie and think that music has to be controlled in order to protect the populace's fragile minds.
>>
>>132051724

Music is stimulating and interesting, simply the sensation of listening. This makes people happy, just like for boat racing or skateboarding. People being happy is good.

Music is respectable as a craft - it takes skill to do.

Like any form of entertainment, it's a running question of how much money and effort should be dedicated to it. How much time is it justifiable that someone spends listening to music, or other things for their pleasure? Should the state fund music production - if so, how much? These are open questions with no clear answer.

As for the ideological opinions of musicians, it's an unfortunate problem that just because someone is good at producing music, they opinions on genetically engineered crops or fiscal policy gets a huge amount of attention. Predictable but dysfunctional.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.