[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREXIT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: brexit.jpg (52KB, 1000x533px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
52KB, 1000x533px
Is Brexit actually going to benefit Britain, and if so how?
>>
>>132036908
From my observation, it will allow you to rule your own politics and at some point the EU will realize that they need your market. So the UK will be able to trade with the continent but without signing some stupid bullshit. Tb h I think it will turn out great for you guys, don't listen to the haters.
>>
>>132036908
It will not benefit Britain economically, quite on the contrary.

It will, however, make Britain take back quite some authorities which were handed over to Brussels, including authority over immigration from other EU states.

So yes, it was worth it. In this day and age, knowing who comes to one's country is more important than 1% GDP growth more per year.
>>
the EU is actually very protectionist, at least regarding countries that are outside of it

they are also very bad at doing trade deals with other countries (all the hysteria about the difficulty we will have is just evidence that the EU is protectionist)

outside the EU we can sign trade deals with many other countries and the overall amount of trade could potentially increase quite a lot, even if trade with the EU decreases
>>
>>132036908
No it isn't.

We will pay the EU some money so other countries get scared to leave, then they will remove us from maps and other aesthetics, then not much else will happen.
>>
>>132037345
I mean hopefully that's true, who knows. Personally I wouldn't mind staying in the EU, but I just think it needs to solve two problems (which other Europeans seem to be angry about as well):

1) Democracy. In practice the EU's democracy isn't working. Do you know who the EPP are? Ruling party of the EU. Do you know who the PES are? Main opposition party. Maybe you know this - most people don't, and that means these parties aren't accountable to the people. That's a flaw of democracy.

2) Immigration, or perhaps more specifically, the migration crisis. The whole EU is obviously pissed about it. I don't even mind intra-EU migration that much. It's the migrant quotas being imposed by the EU Commission, of African migrants arriving across the Med, that I don't like. And lots of Europeans clearly don't either.

I hope this process will encourage the EU to look at these two issues, but I don't know if they will.
>>
File: 1280px-EU_FTAs.svg[1].png (177KB, 1280x657px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-EU_FTAs.svg[1].png
177KB, 1280x657px
darker green is free trade agreements that are in force

yellow is the ones being negotiated, but generally it has taken many years so far for some of those and they may never come to fruition
>>
File: uk_exports_eu_versus_non_eu[1].png (19KB, 550x440px) Image search: [Google]
uk_exports_eu_versus_non_eu[1].png
19KB, 550x440px
and this is when we are a member of the EU, so just imagine if we weren't

seems clear cut to me
>>
>>132037521
>In this day and age, knowing who comes to one's country is more important than 1% GDP growth more per year.
In a way that's true, but I reckon we'll still have massive levels of non-EU migration because that's what our companies and universities profit from it, and our government seems to have no interest in stopping it.

So basically it could all be a red herring.
>>
>>132038377
the question is whether it will be higher or lower outside the EU

if it will be the same then we judge brexit based on other factors
>>
>>132037672
Theoretically it could, but:

1) There are lots of companies who already do lots of trade with the EU, particularly car manufacturers with complex supply chains, and also financial services companies who do Euro clearance - but these are just two examples. Thousands of companies do trade with the EU all the time. So basically the government is saying "sorry, we're essentially going to take that market away from you (or at least there will now be big costs to access it), but here are some new markets instead".

2) Who knows how long it will take to negotiate these trade deals.

3) Think of the logistics cost of shipping things to America, India, wherever else, compared to the very minimal logistics cost of the EU. I mean yes, of course it would be great if we could access ALL markets, as many as possible, but surely having access to the market that we can physically get to much easier (where logistics costs are as low as possible) is a priority really?
>>
>>132038661
I don't disagree and in the short term it will almost certainly have negative effects

But I don't care because it's all about the long term.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.