[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math for raising IQ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IQ.jpg (85KB, 710x823px) Image search: [Google]
IQ.jpg
85KB, 710x823px
Is it possible to significally raise your IQ by "excercising" the brain once you are an adult?
I´m two years into my engineering degree, going trough a shit ton of advanced math, and i sincerely feel like I´m getting smarter. Not only at math but at every aspect of life. Is my IQ rising or I just wish it was?
>>
>>132023602
your brain stops developing when your 25 retard.
>>
combinatorics puzzles
>>
There is some truth to "use it or lose it".

You should always be learning something. When I had a spell of about 2 years without doing shit I started to feel retarded and brain fog started to creep into normal thought processes.

Sharpened up when I started learning again.
>>
>>132023602
Significantly, or even really much at all? To the extent that you can improve your crystallized intelligence continually as you age, yes. When I finished my doctorate, I had also finished my assigned regimen of sci-fi level math (as the plebs unironically viewed it), and my capacity to solve problems was much greater even though my hardware itself did not improve. I suppose this is especially noticeable with mathematical or statistical disciplines, where you learn how to conceptualize, formulate, and solve problems in ways that are completely inaccessible to most people.

For maintenance, keep learning new things and reading. If you know the word for something, you know the concept, and the integration of new concepts is how you continually improve (as you have already noticed).

As another poster said, "use it or lose it".
Regardless of what you do, your working memory will decline as you age (and naturally your fluid intelligence follows this trajectory as well). You can mitigate this effect to a meaningful degree by staying in good shape physically, with consistent exercise (cardio especially). There is a meaningful interaction with the physical exercise, cognitive ability, and age variables, where people who are in poor shape fall precipitously in cognitive ability as they age (while the most physically fit remain nearly the same until the inevitable degeneration sets in at 65+).
>>
>>132023602
https://www.lumosity.com/
worked for me, you can do the trial
>>
IQ is a measurement of how good a person is at solving puzzles by distinguishing patterns. If you wanted to become better at doing that then take a bunch of IQ tests and solve a lot of puzzles. I'm sure that in doing so you'll become a more observant and intelligent person altogether.

What's most important is taht you're training yourself to recognize and remember patterns-- A very important life skill imo.
>>
>>132023602
If you are still monitoring this thread, I have great news for you.

Practice incorporating these aspects into whatever it is that you are doing, and your brain will become happy, healthy, and quick again. Practice this until you no longer have to choose to do it, but what is best will be the natural.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/you-can-increase-your-intelligence-5-ways-to-maximize-your-cognitive-potential/
>1. Seek Novelty
>2. Challenge Yourself
>3. Think Creatively
>4. Do Things The Hard Way
>5. Network

This is the equation that heals the brain.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.