[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are We the Most Educated Generation in Terms of Politics?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: internet.png (3MB, 1200x1200px)
internet.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
Think about it, we've never left North America and we know more about the world than 1900s intellectuals who travelled the world. The internet is the best tool for the right-wing since it allows us to argue and debate our point and convince others to be conservatives to. Education and conservatism thrive off the internet and this is why i think the internet is the biggest political revolution in history.
>>
>>132022850
Most educated? No. Most access to information real or fake? Yes. People just have an opinion, they don't know how shit works. It's just easier to desiminate said opinion.
>>
>>132023317
I understand how pretty much everything in politics works and im only 18. I knew about this shit since i was 12.
>>
File: Echo chamber.jpg (58KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Echo chamber.jpg
58KB, 600x391px
Ever heard of Echo Chambers? Drudge went on to InfoWars and spoke of "Getthos." Isolated islands of media where we consume material of things we already agree with.

For instance, either you get it all from /pol and laugh at CNN. Or get it all from CNN and laugh at /pol.
>>
>>132023596
Except that's just a meme. When people have an opinion on something they look for the opposite. For example pro-capitalist people look up Marxist channels to change their views while marxists look up conservative channels to change their views.
>>
>>132023743

Rational people yes, that is true. People like Ron Paul perhaps, and look what happened to him - nothing.

Try linking to Huffington Post here in /pol and get flooded with criticism. People not wanting to give them clicks and views. They rather laugh in an anti-SJW thread. Or at some tranny saying he/she/it is a female.
>>
>>132022850
Hardly.

First of all, much of the political "education" we receive isn't so much an education as it is brainwashing. We're often fed outright falsehoods, which I think would make one deceived, not educated.

Secondly, people aren't so different now compared to the way they were centuries ago that having the internet for communication makes us more educated than somebody with a classical upbringing. A person with a classical education would likely be familar with the works of Sophocles, Plato, Aristotle, Aristophanes, Machiavelli, Hobbes, and the like. There's enough political insight in such works that somebody familar with them would likely understand politics better than a well-traveled, internet-savvy person who hasn't read them. That isn't to say that there isn't more universal access to that kind of stuff in the age of the internet, but fewer people, by proportion, are familiar with them, making us less politically-educated as a generation.
>>
>>132024165
Ok that's true, but it gives people a chance

>>132024216
People can't be brainwashed now. Internet makes it so they can't flood us with false ideas.

>Secondly, people aren't so different now compared to the way they were centuries ago that having the internet for communication makes us more educated than somebody with a classical upbringing. A person with a classical education would likely be familar with the works of Sophocles, Plato, Aristotle, Aristophanes, Machiavelli, Hobbes, and the like. There's enough political insight in such works that somebody familar with them would likely understand politics better than a well-traveled, internet-savvy person who hasn't read them. That isn't to say that there isn't more universal access to that kind of stuff in the age of the internet, but fewer people, by proportion, are familiar with them, making us less politically-educated as a generation.
Except everyone knows of those people now. I see people here geniunily debating Greek philosophy.
>>
>>132024165
Horseshit. Just archive that shit if you don't want to give it clicks.

And /pol/ mercilessly tears the actual content of articles it disagrees with to pieces. It greentexts individual lines, sometimes line by line, and responds to them. And there are enough people here who are paranoid about shit like HuffPo and WaPo being literal brainwashing my child-murdering satanists that they pay close attention to the actual narratives being spun, even if it's just to point the finger and say, "See? Jews!".
>>
>>132022850
>best tool for the right-wing
Best tool for every wing.
>>
>>132024395
>People can't be brainwashed now
That's such a ridiculous statement that I have to assume you're a troll. People are so inundated with information that it is, in fact, easier to "flood" people with false ideas. On top of that, the sheer number of outlets people have access to means that an entity with a monopoly on that information can create the illusion of agreement or consensus much more easily. The fact that viral media and memes are actually in people's consciousnesses now and are being studied means that people in power have a better understanding of how to brainwash people. The fact that virtually everybody can read, whether or not they're actually literate, means that it's much easier to transmit ideas, which, combined with the above, makes it easier to brainwash them.

>Except everyone knows of those people now. I see people here geniunily debating Greek philosophy.
I addressed that. Yes, anybody with internet access can read their works, and yes, the dialogue continues today. That said, familiarity with those works is no longer part of what almost-universally constitutes a modern political education. We, as a generation, are not the most politically educated, even if we have better access to information, because we're brainwashed idiots who, as a whole, aren't very good at thinking about that information.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt and tried to have a sincere and civil conversation with you, but I'm going to assume now that you're a troll and check the catalog for whatever it is you're trying to slide.
>>
>>132025271
Alright, you're troll, get off.

>>132025159
impossible.
>>
>>132025725
>that flag
I just wanted to take some time to say FUCK YOU FOR WHAT YOU FUCKERS DID TO VENEZUELA, that's all
>>
>>132025833
>venezeula
Oh you mean ultracapitalism failing in the highest regard?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.