[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making lemonade from lemons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1441449489535.jpg (100KB, 828x815px) Image search: [Google]
1441449489535.jpg
100KB, 828x815px
I have been thinking about space colonization and what society would look like in the future. One really important aspect of that is that the skills/personality type that would allow people to make the incredibly long trips to habitable
locales, are exactly the skills we do not want in the eventual society and leadership. Asimov covered some of this in his foundation series, and others have written about it.

for those who think space may be a do-over, i want your thoughts about this. the most practical thing to do is to load up all the permavirgin-autistic fucks that clutter up this board, who don't need social interaction, clamour for artificial wombs, and are happiest alone in front of a computer terminal, and simply use them as custodians to keep the vessel functions. all they need are nuggets and recycled water.

would you trust them to get us to our rightful destination and plant the flag to start the next enlightenment age? do you think they know we'll shoot them all as soon as we come out of hibernation so their condition doesn't mar the genes of the new triumphant new society?
>>
>>132005492

tldr
>>
>>132005555

i think i found our pilot
>>
File: yogi.jpg (74KB, 624x850px) Image search: [Google]
yogi.jpg
74KB, 624x850px
>>132005592

In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
>>
As much as I hate to admit it, variety of attributes gives a sample of a species the best chance of survival in a variety of situations
As long as everybody is educated enough and conscientious enough to work for the good of the group as a whole, there should be a variety of viewpoints. But every motherfucker on the ship has to be the type to know when to respect leadership and when to bend the rules, protect what they have, build more, and claim responsibility for the results.
Harsh circumstances don't give people the luxury of being soft, extravagant, or divisive. You work your ass off and we all survive.
>>
File: 1457405810735.gif (2MB, 352x217px) Image search: [Google]
1457405810735.gif
2MB, 352x217px
>>132005990

these projects always fuck up because of human mistakes. we can't seem to weed out the selfishness, short-sightedness, immediate gratification and other issues that cause us to not be up to the task.

agree about how a mix of folks gives the best chance, but it seems like the people best suited to the travel component of the task are least suited to the colonization part of the task.

would pure AI be a better choice?
>>
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!
Get mad!
I don't want your damn lemons!
What am I supposed to do with these?!
Demand to see life's manager!
Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons!
Do you know who I am?!
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons!
I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.